Chapter 5: Lovey-Dovey

Dangerous Love
                                                                    Thursday 5:30pm Walking to The Number 9
 
Hyomin had convinced Jiyeon to walk to The Number 9 with her today. The walk was only a few miles, but Jiyeon was still fussing about having to leave the house earlier than usual and wasting her energy on walking when they could be driving.
The demons passed the first mile and a half with trival conversation. Talking about bands, movies, books, and such. 
 
There had been an awkward silence for about ten minutes when Jiyeon sighed, "Hyomin, I know you didn't ask me to walk to the club with you just so we could bond. What's going on? What do you want to talk about?"
 
Hyomin glanced at the other girl and took in a deep breath before she began to explain, "I really like this girl.... Like she's the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. But it seems like it will be almost impossible for me to get her...." 
 
Jiyeon thought about the women she had seen Hyomin with lately, trying to guess who it was. She had really only seen her with one. "Is it Hyoyeon? I'm positive she likes you back. I mean, she asked you on a date, didn't she?"
 
Hyomin shook her head, "It's not Hyoyeon. Though I do like her, I just really like this other girl more."
 
"Who is it? And how am I supose to help?" Jiyeon asked.
 
Hyomin sighed, "It's Sunny..."
 
Jiyeon didn't look too surprised, in fact, she smiled, "Okay. And you want me to get Eunjung away from her so that you can talk to her, right?"
 
Hyomin was a bit off put by how fast the younger demon had caught on, "Uhm yeah, that's exactly what I want you to do. I'm sure if you tell her you need help wth something she'll do it. You know how Eunjung is, she's always willing to help out."
 
Jiyeon nodded, "Have you talked to Eunjung; she hasn't claimed Sunny, has she?" There was a slightly worried tone in the felathrope's voice.
 
Hyomin hesitated to answer but knew that she had to tell her friend the truth, "Eunjung wants to claim Sunny, but I guess Sunny is playing hard to get. I talked to Eunjung about me liking her and she told me to go for it. Then we'll let Sunny pick." There was a long silence. Jiyeon was staring at her feet and biting her lip. Hyomin knew she was upset. She never liked to hear that Eunjung wanted to date someone else.
 
It had been quite a long time before Jiyeon looked back up at Hyomin. When she did, Hyomin could see how watery her eyes were, she was fighting against crying, "What about Hyoyeon?"
 
"Well, Qri is really interested in her. Next time she shows up at the club She'll probably go after Hyoyeon." Hyomin did like Hyoyeon, and she still got slightly jealous at the thought of her close clanmate having her instead. But Hyomin knew that she couldn't keep both of the women she wanted.
 
Hyomin looked over at Jiyeon to see the younger woman biting her bottom lip again. This time there were tears rolling down her cheeks. Hyomin stopped and pulled the other woman over to her so that she could embrace her tightly. Jiyeon began to cry harder on Hyomin's shoulder. "I just want Eunjung and me to be together without having to have anyone else envolved." She said shakily.
 
Hyomin ran her fingers through the younger woman's hair and tried to comfort her, "You know that can't happen. Both of you need to feed."
 
"I know we do," Jiyeon said through her tears, "and maybe I could live with that. I just want her to be mine again and for me to be her's. I love her so much..."
 
Hyomin held her crying friend closer, "It'll be okay, Jiyeon. Maybe you guys can work something out."
 
Jiyeon sniffled, "Maybe..."
 
 
 
                                                                                            6:00 Taeyeon and Tiffany's apartment
 
Once again all nine of the slayers packed themselves into their leader's apartment. Tiffany sat in the recliner with Yoona on one arm of the chair and Sooyoung on the other, Seohyun sat on the couch beside Yuri and Jessica (everyone noted that the two were actually sitting close to eachother. Usually Jessica would try to be as far away from Yuri as possible). Sunny, with Hyoyeon on her lap, sat on the other side of Jessica, and Taeyeon stood in the middle of the room. The other girls were talking amongest themselves about various topics.
 
Taeyeon loudly clapped her hands together, signalling for the meeting to start. "Okay. So, I thought it would be a good idea for us to keep track of our kills so that we can get a good idea of how large the demon population really is." Taeyeon pulled a pocket sized flip notebook out of the pocket on her jeans. "The club team got one succubus. Now, forest team; did you guys get anything?"
 
Yoona, spoke up, "Seohyun and I got a male and a female werewolf." 
Taeyeon wrote it down.
 
"I left around around 11:30 or so to help the gravyeard team", Yuri admitted.
 
Taeyeon continued," Okay then. Graveyard team, what did you get?"
 
Sunny spoke, "ten male vampires."
 
All the members who hadn't been in the graveyard looked astonished. 
 
"No way...." Yoona whispered.
 
"We got them all without any real problems", Sunny said, "especially since we had Yuri's help. Everything turned out fine." The short girl smiled to let everyone know things had went smoothly.
 
Taeyeon wrote it down. "That seems like a lot of demons for us to get in just one night. This town really must be infested; especially with vampires. I'll work on getting us some more vampire hunting equipment. Now, is there any recomendations anyone has for equipment or hunting teams?" 
 
Taeyeon was surprised to hear the normally unresponsive Ice Princess speak, and what she said amazed her further, "I think it would be a good idea to station Yuri closer to the graveyard up in the trees that surround it. Then have Yoona and Seohyun close together in the center on the forest"
 
Taeyeon didn't see anything wrong with the idea, so she nodded her head.
 
A few other small arrangements and schedules were made. At the end of the meeting Taeyeon said, "Tonight we aren't hunting full scale, but since a few of us will be out, keep an eye out and always make sure you're close enough to one of the other slayers to contact them if something goes wrong." With that, the slayers dismissed.
 
 
 
                                                                                     8:00pm at The Number 9
 
Things at the club were going fairly slow. Hyomin sighed as she leaned over the bar and watched Qri dancing with Hyoyeon. They were all over each other and it made a part of Hyomin's heart hurt. She continually reminded herself of why she was doing this. The demon turned away from the painful sight to find one that was even more hurtful; Eunjung and Sunny talking and laughing. 
 
Hyomin hadn't gotten a chance to talk to Sunny yet, but she knew her moment was coming when she saw Jiyeon walking toward the bar. The younger demon asked Eunjung for her help and her clanmate accepted, though a bit unwillingly. 
 
Hyomin could see Sunny leaning against the wall looking at her phone in bordom now. The demon knew that this was her chance. Even is her heart was beating incredibly fast and was dry. 
 
She approached her taget slowly, and had to fight the urge to run away when Sunny smiled at her. "Hi, Hyomin. Did you need something?"
 
Hyomin tried to be casual, "Not really. It's just slow and you looked a little bored." There was an awkward moment of silence before Hyomin could think of anything else to say, "You surprised me the other day. I didn't know you were friends with Hyoyeon"
Sunny shrugged but continued smiling, "We've been friends since high school", She lied. 
 
"Does Jessica live with you guys, too?" Hyomin asked. The two girls had come in together when applying for the job.
 
"No. But Jessica is also our friend, and she lives with our other friend, Yuri." Sunny said.
 
Hyomin nodded, she had heard Hyoyeon talk about Yuri before. "What made you girls move here?"
 
Sunny panicked for a moment; she hadn't ever thought about how to answer a question like that without giving away why they were really in the area, "Uhm, well. Hyoyeon moved here for a job and Yuri moved here to go to college. Jessica and me just kind of tagged along because we didn't want to be without our friends." Sunny smiled, she hoped that was believable enough.
 
Hyomin thought the answer was a little strange, but she accepted it. It just felt good to finally have a conversation with this woman. They could be talking about radishes and Hyomin would still find it enjoyable. 
 
The two had been talking about random things for quite some time when Hyomin glanced around the bar. Boram, Soyeon, and Jessica were all there, and not working too hard. Hyomin inwardly giggled. Everything was perfect.
 
"Sunny?" Hyomin asked. She was really hoping that the other woman couldn't hear how nervous she was.
 
When the shorter girl didn't reply Hyomin saw that she was just staring out a the dance floor. The demon followed her eyes to see that she was looking at Eunjung whose hands were all over a girl who Eunjung was probably planning on feeding off of. As Sunny and Hyomin watched, Eunjung led the girl to the break room upstairs.
 
"Sunny?" Hyomin asked again. 
 
The smaller girl turned around with a hurt look in her eyes, "What?" She asked a little coldly.
 
Her tone startled the already on edge demon. "Uhm... I was wondering if you would want to dance with me?" Hyomin asked shyly.
 
A small smile appeared on Sunny's lips, "That sounds nice."
 
Hyomin could barely contain herself as she took the short girl's hand in her own and led her to the floor.
 
 
 
                                                                                      9:00pm The Number 9
Eungjung leaned on the bar and sighed as she looked at her clanmate laughing and having a good time with Sunny in a booth across the club. The demon couldn't deny the connection she saw between the two.
 
Eunjung felt a hand lightly rubbing her back and massaging her shoulders; just the way she had always liked. The touch was so familiar and wonderful. She had forgotton just how amazing those hands were. 
 
After about five minutes of back rubbing and massaging Eunjung turned around and smiled at Jiyeon. The younger demon smiled back shyly, took a step away, and said, "You looked a little stressed out, I just wanted to help."
 
Eunjung continued to smile, "It felt nice. Thank you."
 
There was a thick silence as the two stared into each other's eyes. Neither of them was entirely sure what to say or do at this point. 
 
It was the first time Eunjung had really looked at Jiyeon in years. She had been trying to avoid the younger demon the best she could, and when they did interact it was all business. Eunjung knew that their on and off relationships only seemed to hurt themselves. 
 
Dispite knowing that; Eunjung's heart ached and raced. She felt nervous (a very rare occurrence) and it was all Jiyeon's doing. She was the only person that ever made Eunjung feel completely out of control like this.
 
Jiyeon watched Eunjung carefully. The older demon slowly her lips. Jiyeon knew it was something Eunjung only did when she was incredibly nervous. Jiyeon had always found the action overwhelmingly y. The younger demon wanted Eunjung so bad, and in every way imaginable. She just didn't know what to do about it. Relationships had never worked out well for them. Could they try again?
 
Jiyeon felt tears beginging to well up in her eyes as she looked at Eunjung. She really had missed the other girl so much. Even though they saw each other every day. Jiyeon missed being with her, holding her and being held by her, she missed the nights when they ran together through the woods, she missed Eunjung tickling her until she was about to pee herself. she missed every single little thing.
 
Tears began to spill from Jiyeons eyes. Without much warning the smaller demon wrapped her arms around Eunjung and began sobbing into her shoulder, "I miss us, Eunjung. I want us to be together, I don't care what it takes. I won't get jealous any more, I won't flirt with people I feed off of more than I have to, I'll do anything you want. I just need you back."
 
Eunjung was speechless, and she could feel tears forming in her own eyes. She had missed Jiyeon, too. More than her words could express. She wrapped her own arms around the small girl that was clinging to her, and then looked over her shoulder to Hyomin and Sunny. Eunjung had liked Sunny a lot, but no matter how much she faught it she would always love Jiyeon.
 
Eunjung felt a tear trickle down her cheek as she pulled Jiyeon off of her and looked into her eyes, smiling, "If you can do all of that, then I'll do my best not to flirt with my food too much. I've really missed being with you, Jiyeon. Can you forgive me for everything from before? Can we be a couple again?"
 
Jiyeon smiled brightly and once again latched onto Eunjung. Eunjung couldn't help but smile, too. "Of course!" Jiyeon said. 
 
Eunjung hugged the younger demon tightly and nuzzled her face in her hair. Eunjung had missed the familiar smell of the woman she loved. Things would be okay now. She would treat Jiyeon better, and she was sure that Jiyeon would also treat her better.
 
 
 
Jessica grumbled at the love fest that was happening beside her as she continued to bar tend. "Sunny isn't going to like this...." Jessica thought as she looked at Eunjung and Jiyeon hanging all over each other. "Then again....." Jessica glanced over to her friend who was laughing while talking to Hyomin in one of the booths, "Something tells me that she might not even care"
 
 
 
                                                                                        10:00pm The Number 9
 
Hyomin and Sunny were talking when a rather peeved looking Soyeon appeared beside their booth. It wasn't until then that either women realized how long they had been away from the bar for. 
 
Hyomin stood up and began to apologize profusely, "I'm so sorry Soyeon. It's my fault that Sunny was away from the bar. Please don't fire her or anything. I'll do anything to make up for it! It won't happen again, though! I promise!"
 
A wicked smile appeared on Soyeon's face, "You'll do anything, huh? Then why don't both of you stay after and clean up?"
 
Hyomin dreaded cleaning up, but she nodded, "Whatever you say."
 
Hyomin quickly grabbed Sunny's hand and led her back to the bar. On their way she apologized to Sunny, "Listen, you don't have to worry about staying after. You can leave at your normal time and I'll do it." No matter how much she hated the idea of doing all the work by herself, she hated the idea of forcing Sunny to clean more. She had been the one that had dragged Sunny away from her work.
 
Sunny smiled and shrugged, "I'll help you. After all, it's not like you made me dance with you. I walked away from the bar willingly. Besides, I'll get to spend more time with you that way." Sunny playfully nudged Hyomin with her elbow. 
 
Hyomin looked at the floor to hide her blushing cheeks. This amazing girl actually wanted to spend time with her
 
 
 
                                                                                       11:00pm The Forest
Yuri, Seohyun, and Yoona were all situated in the same tree; the largest tree in the forest. Seohyun was on one of the lower branches while Yoona was in the middle and Yuri was close to the top. The three had decided to hunt since there wasn't much to do at home; Though they hadn't seen any demons yet.
 
The three girls were connected telepathically. Seohyun was listening quitely as Yoona and Yuri argued about a topic that they had faught about before. 
 
"How is Mother your favorite movie when you only watched the first and last 10 minutes of it and slept during the rest?!" Yoona mentally yelled.
 
"I told you, I did watch it! It's a good movie!" Yuri retorted.
 
Seohyun giggled slightly. It was such a stupid thing to fight about, but she loved her unnies and their stupidity.
 
Yoona and Yuri felt the mental wave of love and gratefulness that Seohyun unconciously radiated out to the other women. They stopped arguing. It was then that Seohyun realized what she had done. "Oh, I'm sorry unnies.... I didn't mean for that to be sent out to you...." She apoligized telepathically.
 
The two other girls sent out mental smiles. Yoona said, "we love you, too maknae. No worries." 
 
Just then the sound of small branches on the ground breaking interupted their telepathic chat. The three became hyper aware of their environment  and seeked out the sound. It was Seohyun who spotted the five shapes first. They were a pack of hell raisers. Probably on their way to the cemetery.
 
Seohyun jumped down from the branch she was on a pulled her katana out of the sheath that was on her back. The katana's name was Galaxy and it was a magical sword that had been passed down through Seohyun's family for as long as anyone could remember. The sword was beautiful, though no one knew what it was made out of. It's handle changed color depending on the last demon it had killed. It's blade was hypotising; it was pure black besides the white dots that could be seen throughout it. It looked like stars in the night sky. 
 
Seohyun sliced clean through the first demon. The sword's handle immediately turned from black with swirls of crimson red (the sword had last been used by Seohyun's father to kill a vampire) to a vermillion with swirls of darker red in it. Seohyun made easy work of the other four demons. Killing them in under a minute.
 
Yoona and Yuri watched with gaping mouths. Seohyun had did well in practice, but neither of them knew that she was this good. 
 
The younger girl put away the katana and hopped back up in the tree. Her telepathy picked up her companions' unbelieving emotion. "What's wrong, unnies?" She asked. Genuinely not knowing why the two were so surprised.
 
 
 
AN: WAT? HOW DID I GET SO MANY SUBSCRIBERS! I honestly don't know. And a really big thanks to all of the commenters. It's really nice to get feedback. Thanks everyone :D
 
SunByung is finally together :]  (kind of). Also, Seohyun is secretly a badass. Who knew?
 
The MAMAs are coming up! Is anyone else so excited that they came barely stand it?
 
Anyways, a new chapter shoud be up around the 24-26.