Chapter 9: Bekah

Dangerous Love

                                                                Monday 8:45am Sunny and Hyoyeon’s apartment

Hyomin slowly opened her eyes to find a room that wasn’t familiar to her. For a second she was shocked but her memories of the night before slowly came back to her. A smile spread across her face when she saw the girl sleeping with her back towards her, but a frown formed when the demon saw the scabbed over scratches all over the smaller girl’s back. “There are so many…”  Hyomin thought as she felt a wave of sadness and guilt sweep over her. She knew that the scratches would hurt badly in the following days not to mention take a long time to heal completely; they might even leave scars.

Hyomin didn’t understand why she was so upset over the wounds. She had left scratches on other people’s backs before, and it had never been that big of a deal. “But Sunny is different… I shouldn’t have been so rough; I should have controlled myself better.”

The demon leaned forward and began to place gentle kisses on the numerous wounds that had over taken Sunny’s . Hyomin heard a light giggle. “That tickles. What are you doing?” Sunny asked in a sleepy voice.

“I scratched up your back pretty bad last night… I was kissing it better.” Hyomin responded.

Sunny turned around, while doing so Hyomin saw a flash of pain shoot across the woman’s face. It was accompanied by a hiss of pain. When the smaller girl had fully turned around she smiled at Hyomin who had a dejected look on her face.

“What’s wrong?” Sunny asked innocently.

“I hurt you bad…. You’ll probably have scars… I’m so sorry.” Hyomin said miserably, too ashamed to meet Sunny’s eyes.

Sunny laughed, “Hyominnie, even if I do get scars, which I doubt I will, I’ll have earned them proudly. I must have made you feel pretty good for you to claw at me that hard.”

Hyomin let a small smile onto her lips, “That’s the best anyone has ever made me feel; you’re amazing.”

Sunny gave Hyomin a peck on the lips before saying, “last night was amazing…” They both chuckled slightly.

“Because of you.” Hyomin said with a smile as she kissed Sunny’s cheek.

Sunny laughed and playfully nudged Hyomin, “It’s too early to be that cheesy.”

Hyomin continued smiling and shrugged, “Hey, I can’t help it. You make me want to be cheesy.” Just then an idea hit Hyomin, “Speaking of cheesy, would you want to go have a picnic in the park today?”

The shorter girl smiled widely, “Sounds like fun.” Sunny then nuzzled her face into Hyomin’s chest. “But can we just cuddle a little longer?” It was muffled, but Hyomin understood.

Hyomin Sunny’s hair with a broad smile on her face, “Of course.” It had been so long since the demon had felt this happy; she was so overjoyed that her heart almost felt like it was going to explode with happiness.

 

                                                               10:30am Outside Sunny and Hyoyeon’s apartment

Sunny and Hyomin had gotten dressed and were on their way to Hyomin’s car when they passed Taeyeon who was leaving her own apartment. The leader stood in shock for a second when she saw Hyomin beside Sunny with their fingers laced together, but, she had to act natural. Sunny smiled at Taeyeon and waved. Taeyeon then plastered a fake smile on her face and waved backed.

“Hey, Taengoo! Are you off to work?” Sunny asked cheerfully.

“Yeah.” Taeyeon replied back with a smile, and as to not look suspicious she asked, “Who’s this?”

Hyomin smiled and bowed, “I’m Hyomin. I am one of the owners of The Number 9”

“She’s also my new girlfriend,” Sunny said.

Taeyeon’s smile disappeared from her lips instantly, “O-oh…” Taeyeon was stunned for a second but then she quickly shook yourself back into reality and put the fake smile back on, “That’s good to hear! Please treat our little energy pill well.”

“Our?” Hyomin thought. Though outwardly she smiled and bowed again, “I will”

“Well I have to go now, I’ll see you later Sunny! And nice meeting you Hyomin!” Taeyeon yelled as she walked away.

 

As Taeyeon drove to work her mind wondered, “Girlfriend…. This is so bad…. One of my best slayers is dating a demon and another probably will be soon…. This is so bad…”

 

Hyomin and Sunny were in the car on their way from a restaurant, where they had gotten carry out, to the park. Hyomin decided to break the silence, “So, how did you meet Taeyeon?”

Sunny smiled, “I’ve known Taeyeon and her girlfriend, Tiffany, since we were about 15”

“And you met them again once you moved here?”

Sunny shook her head, “No, they moved with us.” Sunny froze for a second, had she said too much?

Hyomin looked a bit confused, “So wait. You, Hyoyeon, Jessica, Yuri, Taeyeon, and Tiffany all moved here together at the same time? Why didn’t you mention Taeyeon and Tiffany before?”

Sunny was getting incredibly nervous; she couldn’t tell Hyomin the real reason for their moving.

Sunny laughed light heartedly before saying, “Honestly, I guess I just forgot to mention Taeyeon and Tiffany. They always keep to themselves so I guess I just kind of overlooked them…. I know that makes me sound like a terrible friend.” Sunny hoped that she sounded convincing.

Hyomin laughed along with her, “It’s okay.” But inside Hyomin’s thoughts were wondering, “Why would so many friends all move here at once? I know Sunny said they were close, but moving away from your family and possible career options just to be near your friends all the time seems a little funky…. You know they also moved here around the time that the slayings started… such a large group…. could they be…. NO! No way! Sunny is too sweet to be a killer. Plus all of her friends are so nice. There is no way they could be killers.” Hyomin let the dreadful thought disappear from her mind as they pulled up to the park.

Hyomin got out and grabbed the food they had ordered while Sunny carried a blanket. It was unseasonably nice out, and neither girl was complaining about it. It was still cool enough to have to wear a jacket, but the sun was out and shining.

“I know this really nice, quiet spot by the pond. I think you’ll like it.” Hyomin said with a smile as she looked at Sunny.

Sunny smiled back without saying anything.

They arrived at the spot in less than five minutes. The shorter girl spread out they blanket and before long they had begun to eat silently. When they were done they lied back on the blanket together; with Hyomin using Sunny’s chest as a pillow.

The demon looked up at Sunny and smiled at the sight; her eyes were shut and a peaceful smile was on her lips.

“So,” Hyomin said, “since when did we become girlfriends?”

Sunny opened her eyes and gave Hyomin a rather confused look, “I…. uhm… I just thought that….”

Hyomin laughed, “It’s okay. You saved me the trouble of having to actually ask you out.” She gave the shorter girl a light peck on the lips. “Would you like to walk around the park a little bit?”

Sunny smiled and nodded.

After the two had taken the blanket back to the car they walked silently hand in hand around the rather large park. Both girls’ minds were wondering the entire time.

“Sunny?” Hyomin asked with a troubled look on her face.

“What’s wrong, Hyominnie?” Sunny asked with concern in her voice.

Hyomin sighed before continuing, “I…I’ve dated a lot of people in the past, but none of them have ever made me feel how you make me feel. Every time I’m around you my heart goes crazy and I just want to smile like an idiot…. And then when I’m not around you you’re all that I can think about…. I know we’ve know each other for such a short period of time, and I know I might be a bit bold in saying this but…. Sunny, I love you.”

Silence took over and Hyomin was beginning to feel worried, but then she saw the smile on Sunny’s face. “I’m really glad you feel that way, Hyomin. I love you, too.” Sunny stopped in the middle of the trail to hug Hyomin tightly and kiss her passionately. They looked into each other’s eyes; both smiling widely.

“I love you.” Sunny said again.

“I love you.” Hyomin said back. They hugged tightly once more before interlocking their fingers and continuing on their walk.

They had been walking for a good ten minutes when Hyomin saw a familiar face that she didn’t want to see. Hyomin tried to act natural in hopes that the hated woman wouldn’t notice her, but it was in vain.

“Oh, What a surprise! Hyomin! What are you doing out on this fine day?” Bekah said with a spiteful grin. She was surrounded by, what Hyomin assumed were, two of her and Kahi’s pets. Pets meaning women and men that they had turned. Today Bekah had a gorgeous women and a strong, handsome man on either side of her. The woman was dressed in revealing clothing that didn’t match the weather; she was also wearing a red leather dog collar around her neck. The man was shirtless; showing off his muscles. He had a baby blue studded collar around his neck. Bekah herself was dressed in y but weather appropriate clothing.

Hyomin ground her teeth together, “I was just going for a walk in the park.”

“Oh I see. And who is this cute little thing that you have with you?” Bekah asked with a smirk.

Hyomin didn’t bother to hide her annoyance, “This is my girlfriend, Sunny.”

Sunny smiled and waved happily at Bekah.

Bekah laughed, “Such a cutie… I could just eat her up...” she said as she her lips.

Hyomin fought against the urge to transform and claw off Bekah’s face. “Well we have to go now. Bye.” The felathrope said as she grasped Sunny’s hand tightly and walked away fast.

When they got back into the car Hyomin took in a deep cleansing breath. “I’m sorry about that, Sunny.”

“Uhm, it’s okay. I’m just more confused than anything. Who was she? And why do you seem to not like her so much?”

Hyomin sighed she wasn’t going to tell Sunny the whole truth about Bekah, but she could manage to tell her a little. “Bekah and I have never really gotten along honestly. But she’s dating, and I use that term loosely, Soyeon’s ex Kahi. Ever since they have started dating Kahi and Bekah both just like to stir up trouble with the other owners and me. Sunny, please promise me that if you ever see her out any where you’ll stay far away from her.”

Sunny nodded silently. Bekah didn’t seem like someone Sunny wanted to be around any way.

 

                                                                                   5:45pm at The Number 9

Hyomin sighed. Soyeon had just finished ripping into her about not coming in at all the night before and then not coming home the rest of the day. Even after Hyomin had told the older demon the good news of Sunny and her getting together she was still infuriated. In fact, she seemed even angrier.

Just then Sunny and Jessica walked through the door; Sunny had a huge smile on her face. Hyomin smiled back and gave Sunny and tight hug when she got behind the bar. The two kissed briefly before prepping the bar for customers.

Hyomin watched Sunny as she yawned and leaned tiredly on the counter. Hyomin felt a pang of guilt. She had taken advantage of the fact that her new girlfriend seemed to have more energy to give than the typical human and they had had again after returning to Sunny’s apartment. “Not only have I hurt her back, I also made her too tired to function properly.”

Hyomin walked up behind Sunny and wrapped her arms around the shorter girl, “Are you okay?” Hyomin asked, though she knew what the answer would be.

Sunny smiled back a little, “I’m fine. It’s just that I feel really tired. I’m not totally sure why; usually I’d be wide awake…”

Hyomin nodded understandingly, “If you’re really sleepy, why don’t you go upstairs to the office? Soyeon will probably be in there, but she won’t bother you. There is also a really comfy couch.”

Sunny smiled dreamily, “That sounds wonderful. But wouldn’t Soyeon get mad?”

Hyomin shook her head, “Just tell her I told you that you could.” The demon hugged her girlfriend before sending her upstairs to take a nap.

 

Soyeon heard a knock on the office door. “Come on in!” She yelled. She was surprised to see Sunny in the door way with a tired smile on her face.

“Hi, Soyeon. Hyomin said that I could come up here to take a nap; I’m really tired.”

Soyeon smiled and nodded. “Hyomin must have fed on her a little too much” the demon thought.

“Go ahead and lie on the couch. I’ll get you a blanket from the closet” Soyeon said as she got up. Sunny sat on the couch and smiled when the other woman handed her a warm looking blanket.

“Thank you. I’m really sorry for inconveniencing you and not doing my job properly….”

Soyeon laughed, “It’s no problem; I understand. I’m going to go down stairs to help out though. Rest up.”

When Soyeon reached the bar Hyomin gave her an odd look and said, “What brings you down here with us common folk, oh boss-of-bosses.”

Soyeon laughed, “It seems that your girlfriend is too tired to work. I figured you girls would want some help so that you don’t get too overwhelmed with customers.”

Hyomin smiled and nodded, “thank you.”

A half hour or so later there was a lesser flow of customers so Hyomin began to casually talk to Soyeon, “I saw Bekah at the park today.”

“Oh? And how did that go?” Soyeon asked.

Hyomin shrugged, “Meh. She was her usual self. She was accompanied by two of her and Kahi’s ‘pets’. And she told Sunny she could ‘eat her up’”

A frown formed on Soyeon’s face, “You better be careful, Hyomin. Kahi and Bekah are the type of demons that would turn someone purely out of spite. Just watch over Sunny carefully.” Though part of Soyeon was suspecting that Sunny was perfectly capable of taking care of herself.

The younger demon nodded, “I will.”

The truth about Kahi and Bekah is long and complicated. The two started out as members of After School which is a clan of vampires who only feed when needed, and never feed straight from humans. They always get their food in the form of blood bags. The bags were donated then given to The Organization who treated the blood (human blood contains something that can make vampires uncontrollable and unpredictable). Kahi and Bekah were part of the clan for a long time, and it was during this time that Soyeon and Kahi dated.

It was Kahi who started changing first. She had decided to try drinking straight from a human; after that she wasn’t the same. Kahi became slightly violent and ill tempered, and she refused to drink the bagged blood that her clan mates drank. It was during this time that Soyeon broke up with Kahi.

Though Kahi had changed she was still devastated by the break up. She convinced Bekah to break out of After School with her (Bekah did everything Kahi wanted because she had always been madly in love with her) and the two joined the bad side of demons. For a solid week the two went on a rampage of killing humans together.

After the two had perfected a few of their vampire skills they taught themselves how to change humans, and then make them their willing servants. This is what made Kahi and Bekah so hated among the demon community; even by the demons who killed humans regularly. The two enslaved the vampires they had sired; making them into servants and slaves.

Of course they also held a grudge against the T-ara clan not just because they weren’t killers, but because of Soyeon breaking Kahi’s heart. Though it had been 50 years since it had happened Kahi still wasn’t over the pain; even if she had Bekah and all of their slaves now. The two would do just about anything to agitate the clan of felathropes. 

 

AN: Guess who's back :D  

I wanted to say that I have nothing against Kahi, or Bekah! It's just that hey are both very y and the roll seemed fitting :] I hope this chapter is okay for everyone. Thank you to all my subscribers, commenters, and readers! You guys help keep me going :D

Next update should be up 29th-31st

Happy holidays to everyone!