Chapter 17: Planning

Dangerous Love

9:00pm Kahi and Bekah's mansion

Sunny yawned and opened her eyes. Areum was staring back at her with a smile. “Well hey there, sunshine.” She said with a smile.

Sunny giggled and lightly pushed Areum, “Areum, we wake up at night.”

The two smiled at each other silently for a moment before Areum asked, “So, did you go out to feed by yourself yesterday? I thought you’d at least wait for me to take you out.” She frowned cutely.

Sunny laughed, “No. Hwayoung took me.”

Areum visibly stiffened, “Oh… Where did you two go?”

“Some club called The Number 9. It seemed a lot nicer than the trashy place Kahi and Bekah took me to.”

Areum clenched her teeth and said, “Oh did she now?”

Sunny looked confused, “Why? Why is that such a probl-“

Sunny was cut off when the door opened and Hwayoung barged in, “Hey Sunny, do you need someone to get rid of the bo-“

There was silence as Areum and Hwayoung stared at each other. A slow smile crept onto Hwayoung’s lips before she shut the door.

Areum got up hurriedly and began to dress herself while muttering, “” angrily under her breath.

“What’s wrong? It was just Hwayoung.” Sunny asked.

Areum sighed, “I wasn’t supposed to have with you. None of us are supposed to have with you. Kahi and Bekah ordered that none of us to. And I broke that rule. Now Hwayoung is going to tell them. This will ruin me.”

“I think I can choose who I do and don’t have with.”

Areum shook her head, “No you don’t understand. They changed you; you’re their’s now. We all go by their rules. Sure some are stricter than others. Things like Hwayoung breaking out the booze when they’re gone, going out when wearen’t supposed to, and letting in stray animals… They’ll give you a slap on the wrist and send you on your way. But this… Oh god… I’m in trouble.” Areum plopped down on the edge of the bed then rubbed her face with her hands, “I really like you Sunny, and I shouldn’t. It’s against the rules.”

Sunny rubbed her back, “Calm down; everything will be okay. As for rules, I don’t think Hwayoung is too big on them. I’m sure you can convince her not to tell them. I like you, too Areum, rules or no rules.”

That seemed to encourage Areum. She took a deep breath before she walked confidently out the door. Areum shut the door to her and Sunny’s room. She heard a smug voice say, “So, what happened to following the rules?”

Areum turned to see Hwayoung leaned against the wall with her arms crossed. She had a smiled on her face that made Areum want to knock all of her teeth out.

“Shut up, Hwayoung.” Areum almost growled, “I hope you aren’t thinking of telling Kahi or Bekah.”

Hwayoung laughed, “And just why wouldn’t I tell them? It’ll be nice to see them rip into you. Maybe they’ll even kick you out”

Areum put on a self-confident smile, though she didn’t feel confident at all, “Rip into me? Wait until they hear that you took Sunny to The Number 9.”

Hwayoung’s eyes widened. The surprise in them made Areum want to laugh, “You… you wouldn’t tell them…”

“Seriously, what the hell were you thinking taking her there? What if they saw her?”

Hwayoung grinned, “Flirting with danger is fun. You should try it sometime when you aren’t too busy flirting with Sunny.”

Areum gritted her teeth, “Whatever. Just keep your mouth shut about what you saw, and I’ll keep mine shut about you taking her there.”

Hwayoung sighed, “Whatever, I guess that works. Though I was excited about seeing you get in trouble for once.” Hwayoung walked away without saying any more.

 

Sunny listened to the whole thing through the door, “Why wouldn’t Kahi and Bekah want me to go to that club? Is it because they knew it part of my past? I mean, it has to be… I saw Tiffany there. Plus the whole place just kinda gave me the creeps. But then how would they even know it was part of my past… They said that they just found me in a ditch… Are they hiding something from me?”

Sunny was so frustrated. Maybe Areum would tell her something. The elder vampire did seem to care about her a lot.

Sunny rushed back to the bed as she heard the door open. Areum walked in and locked the door behind her, “I wish I would have thought to do that last night…”

Sunny laughed, “Given the circumstances I think it’s pretty understandable that you didn’t think to lock the door.”

Areum smiled lying back down on Sunny’s bed, “Yeah. I couldn’t really think straight at the time.”

The two just smiled at each other for a little while before Sunny said, “I heard you talking to Hwayoung; why wasn’t she supposed to take me to that club?”

Areum’s face want blank, and she was silent for at least 20 seconds. Finally she sighed and said, “There is no use lying to you. Before you were turned you worked there. Kahi and Bekah didn’t want you there because some people you knew from before might see you.”

Sunny nodded; she expected to get that much out of her. “How did they know I worked there? I mean, they said that they just found me.”

Areum shrugged, “I don’t really know. They probably just saw you there before, while they were hunting.”

Sunny nodded. The explanation was believable. But something about it just felt wrong to Sunny. She stood up and stretched. A goofy smiled spread itself across Areum’s lips as she stared at Sunny’s still body. Sunny noticed and raised an eyebrow in question, “Can I help you?”

Areum shook herself out of her trance, “Heh, sorry. I can’t really help it; you’re so gorgeous.”

Sunny smiled silently and got dressed. “We should probably do something about that...” Sunny said as she motioned to the dead body from the night before.

“I’ll have someone take care of it.”

 

                                                                                10:00pm The Number 9

Taeyeon and Tiffany looked at each other nervously. They sat at a large table that had been pulled into the break room of The Number 9. All around it sat leaders of different demon clans. Soyeon had named them as they walked in: Jea, Sojin, Sera, Eric, Jimin, and JR. Then there was Jungah who they had already met.

Taeyeon and Tiffany had told the other slayers about what was going to happen and they hadn’t seemed too happy about it. Sooyoung was especially opposed. But in the end they had reluctantly agreed that this was the only thing they could do to get Sunny back.

Soyeon called everyone’s attention to her as she began to speak, “As you might have noticed, there are two unfamiliar faces here today.” Soyeon watched as they glanced at Taeyeon and Tiffany then nodded. “These two young women need our help. Kahi and Bekah took one of their friends.”

The two slayers noticed how Soyeon was not mentioning that they were slayers. The felathrope leader had told them ahead of time that she was going to avoid saying exactly what they were until she had gotten most of the leaders on their side. It was a good strategy.

Soyeon continued, “Their friend has been changed by Kahi and Bekah.” Murmuring ensued. Even with saying this Soyeon hadn’t given anything away about Taeyeon and Tiffany; some types of demons could be changed into vampires. “I want to help them get their friend back. To do this, we’ll need as much support from you guys as we can. Jungah and her clan have already volunteered to help.”

Eric spoke, “You know she won’t be the same. Her memories will be gone, and she’ll act differently since Kahi Bekah will already have her hooked on killing. You’d probably have to restrain her and force feed her bagged blood until she calms down. Even then she won’t remember that you are her friends. In this situation there is a lot that could go wrong, and very little that could go right…”

Jungah stood up, “You’re probably right, but just think how you would feel if one of your clan mates were changed by them. Would you just sit back and not care? No. My guess is every one of you would take any risks you had to to get them back. Whether they stayed in your clan is a whole different story. But you would just want them to be out of the clutches of those two. I don’t want any one of you try to tell you wouldn’t do it; don’t lie.”

Tiffany and Taeyeon watched as everyone around the table nodded in agreement.

Soyeon stood, “Now, will those who are willing to help stand.”

Tiffany and Taeyeon sighed with relief as they saw all the leaders stand.

After they had sat down again Sera said, “If you don’t mind me asking, why have we never seen you two around? Are you from a new demon clan?”

Before Taeyeon or Tiffany could say anything, Soyeon spoke, “Well they are kind of new in town. However, they aren’t from any clan of demons… They are from a group of slayers.”

Havoc ensued as everyone began to yell.

“QUIET!” Jungah yelled loudly. Everyone became silent, though they still eyed Taeyeon and Tiffany judgingly. “Listen, they may be slayers, but they are slayers who have agreed to work with us after discovering that not all demons kill humans mercilessly. They don’t want to harm any of us. Understood?”

There was silence for what seemed like ages before Sojin said, “Are they the ones that killed Jihae? That killed the other missing demons?”

Soyeon sighed, “Yes. But that was before they knew what they know now.”

Sojin hit her fists on the table, her voice was choked with the beginning of tears, “Why the hell should we help them?”

Jungah spoke, “To prove to them that we are good. To prove to them that we are capable of compassion. If we all help, they won’t kill any more of us; they’ll know how benign we are. However if we don’t help it will only prove what they have been taught. It will only prove that all demons are evil.”

Sojin sighed and looked at the two slayers with cold eyes, “I’ll help, but only to prove the point that we are good. I don’t want any more of us dying.”

The other leaders mumbled and nodded in agreement.

Soyeon stood, “with all of us working together, we can do this.”

They went over plans to get Sunny back, it would happen tomorrow night.

 

                                                                1:00am Kahi and Bekah’s mansion

Sunny lied on her bed. She was bored; completely and undeniably bored. She decided to do down stairs to see if there was anything to do. Half way down the stairs Sunny began to hear yelling, laughing, and cursing. When she arrived in the living room she saw 3 of the other vampires gathered around the big TV.

“What’s going on?” she asked.

One smiled, “We’re playing a video game, wanna join?”

“Video game…?” Sunny thought it sounded so familiar, and it felt like memories were about to come back to her, but they didn’t.

Sunny smiled, “Sure.”

As soon as the remote was in her hand she knew what to do; no one had to tell her. As she played small memories of shouting, and laughing with people from her past appeared in her head. But they weren’t major flashbacks like she had had before.

When the round was over the other vampires looked at Sunny with stunned looks on their faces, “Wow, you’re good…”

Sunny smiled and shrugged, “Want to go again?” This was the most fun she had had since she had been changed.

 

Sunny had been playing against the other vampires in different games for about an hour when Areum walked it. She went to Sunny and said, “Hey, Sunny, would you want to go with me to hunt?”

“I just ate last night; I’m not really all that hungry.”

Areum shrugged, “Just because you aren’t hungry doesn’t mean you can’t feed.”

Sunny smiled, “Okay, let’s go then.”

 

The two vampires stalked the streets in the shadows until they found two men who looked like they were walking home from their late night job. Now was the perfect time to use the hormones Areum told her that she had. Evidently most vampires had them. Areum and Sunny stepped out from the shadows with smiles on their faces. It was time to feed again. 

 

 

AN: This chapter isn't all that good or long :/ I was kind of busy this week. However the next chapter should be a lot more exciting! :D

Thank you everyone for your support! I have absolutely no clue how I got so many subscribers and wonderful commenters :]

Next chapter should be up  on the 2nd-4th.