Chapter 20: Feeding

Dangerous Love

                                                                                3am The T-ara mansion

Sunny groaned; she was so hungry. Jungah was supposed to get there soon, but she didn’t know how much longer she could wait. Taeyeon was sitting beside her and Sunny could hear the slayer’s pulse; it was making water.

There was a knock on the door and Jungah entered carrying a medium sized cooler. “Alright; I’m here. How are you feeling Sunny?” the older vampire asked.

Sunny smiled weakly, “Very hungry. I can hear Taeyeon’s pulse and it was driving me nuts.”

Jungah laughed a little, “That happens.” She opened the cooler and pulled out a blood bag. “Usually we put the blood in a cup and drink it like that, but since you’re tied up you’ll have to just drink it straight from the tube that’s in the bag.”

Sunny groaned, “Why can’t I be unbound yet? I’ve been good.”

“For the most part you’ve been good, but you’re still pretty unpredictable.” Taeyeon explained, “I’d say after you drink treated blood a few times you should be good.” Sunny groaned louder.

“Okay”, Jungah said as she pushed the plastic tube connected to the bag towards Sunny’s mouth, “Take this and just on it like you would a straw.”

Sunny did as she was told. She took one sip and pulled away in disgust, “Oh god, what the hell is that?! It barely even tastes like blood!”

Jungah sighed, “You’ll think so at first probably. It’s something you have to get used to. Now just drink it; I know you’re hungry.”

Sunny took the tube in again and drank. She downed the bag, though she did make a disgusted face the whole while.

“Are you still hungry?” Jungah asked, and Sunny nodded. The older vampire prepared another bag and Sunny had soon drunk it all.

“Full now?” Jungah asked.

Sunny nodded, “It’s so weird… After feeding from humans I get this huge ual rush and I just have to have . But now… I don’t know. I feel calm; Like the same as before... just... not hungry. It’s really boring…”

Jungah chuckled, “Yeah, that seems about right.” She stood up with the cooler in hand, “I brought two other bags with me; I’ll have someone put them in the refrigerator for whenever you want them. I’ll also bring over more when I get the chance.” With that said, Jungah left.

 

Taeyeon and Sunny were talking casually when Sunny groaned.

“What’s wrong?” Taeyeon asked.

“My stomach really hurts… Plus the little headache I’ve had since yesterday is turning into a serious migraine. It probably has something to do with trying to get used to the blood Jungah gave me.” Sunny grumbled.

“I’m sorry. I don’t really think there is anything I can do about it…” Taeyeon said in an apologetic tone; she really did feel bad for her.

Sunny’s eyes suddenly went wide, “Oh no.” She said.

“What is it?” Taeyeon asked.

“Uhm… I think I’m about to puke…”

Taeyeon immediately stood up, “I’ll get a bucket. Try to hold it in until I get back!” She yelled as she rushed out of the door.

It took about five minutes for Taeyeon to find something. But the time she got back there was red liquid drenching the right side of Sunny’s pillow and dribbling down her chin and neck.

“I… I really did try to wait… But it’s not exactly something that you can hold back.” Sunny said with embarrassment.

Taeyeon sighed and shrugged, “Hey it happens. Let me find a new pillow and something to wipe you off with.”

On her way to find where the clean pillows and rags were Taeyeon saw Hyomin who looked at the slayer questioningly, “Why aren’t you with Sunny?”

“She’s not doing so well with the new blood, she threw it up. I was going to look for a fresh pillow and a rag for her.” Taeyeon explained.

Hyomin nodded, “Why don’t you go back to her. I’ll bring you a pillow and a wet rag.”

Taeyeon nodded and walked back to the room.

Hyomin sighed; what had she been thinking? Now she had to walk into the room and see Sunny. Who at the moment probably hated her for killing one of her vampire friends. Hyomin nervously bit her lip as she found a clean pillow and put warm water on a wash rag.

Hyomin took in a deep cleansing breath before knocking lightly on the door; Taeyeon told her to come in.

When she walked in Hyomin’s eyes immediately fell on Sunny and the bloody mess that was on the bed. Without saying anything Hyomin handed the rag and pillow to Taeyeon.

“You’re the one that killed Areum, aren’t you?” Sunny asked in a voice that sounded weak from how sick she felt.

Hyomin sighed, “Yes, I am. I’m sorry. She attacked me… there wasn’t much else I could do…”

Sunny smiled weakly, “I know. I just wanted to tell you that I’m not mad at you for what you did. I understand.”

The news shocked Hyomin; inside she was dancing and jumping with joy. Outwardly Hyomin scratched the back of her neck nervously and said, “Uhm, it looks like you need a new blanket, too. I’ll be back.”

When Hyomin came back she noticed that Taeyeon was nodding off in the chair she was sitting in. Hyomin nudged her awake and smiled, “Why don’t you go to the living room and lie down for a little bit? I’ll watch Sunny.”

Taeyeon was exhausted, and she couldn’t refuse that offer. She walked out of the room without question.

Hyomin hated to do it, but she had seen how tired Taeyeon was, and with all the others at The Number 9 that left only her to watch Sunny while Taeyeon slept.

Hyomin changed out Sunny’s blanket. As she did she couldn’t help but notice Sunny’s gorgeous body; only covered by the shorts and tank top that she was wearing when they found her. She had missed seeing Sunny's curves. Hyomin hurriedly covered Sunny with the clean blanket before the vampire got too suspicious of Hyomin’s staring.

Hyomin sat down on the chair where Taeyeon had been sitting. There was silence for about five minutes.

“Sooooo……” Sunny said to break the awkward silence.

“How do you feel?” Hyomin asked.

“Like total , actually. My head hurts, I’m still hungry, but my stomach is killing me.” Sunny groaned.

Hyomin felt bad; it’s not like she could really do anything. Later they would probably try to feed her again. But for the time being it probably wasn’t such a great idea.

“I’m sorry.” Hyomin said with genuine sincerity.

There was silence again. Hyomin let her mind wonder some. It was so surreal to be in the same room as the girl she loved, but at the same time not really. This Sunny didn’t share all the good memories Hyomin had of them. This Sunny didn’t even know that they use to date.

Sunny broke Hyomin out of her daze, though Hyomin didn’t hear what she had said at first.

“Huh?” Hyomin asked.

“I said tell me a little bit about you. Were you my friend before, were you just an acquaintance, or what? How did we meet?” Sunny asked.

“Oh…” Hyomin rubbed the back of her neck nervously; debating on whether to tell her the truth or not, “Well we met when you worked at The Number 9. We were pretty close; we use to play video games together.” Hyomin had kept it vague without lying.

“Okay then. Since we were so close why don’t you tell me something.”

“What is it?” Hyomin was a little nervous about where the vampire was going with this.

Sunny smiled a little, “Taeyeon said that I used to date one of you felathropes. So, which one was it?”

Hyomin gulped; her mind was racing. Should she really tell her the truth? Or would it be better to wait.

Hyomin sighed, “I honestly don’t think you’re ready to know just yet.”

Sunny groaned angrily and hit her head hard against the pillow, “why are all of you so cryptic and complicated.”

Hyomin laughed, “life is cryptic and complicated.”

 

 

AN: A really short chapter because I've been feeling really drained lately. I'm sorry :/

Next update should be posted on the 15th.