Chapter 19: Meeting Again

Dangerous Love

                                                          3:00am The T-ara Mansion

Sunny had thrashed and yelled until she had fallen back to sleep. Hyomin had been silently standing outside of the door for most of the time. She entered the room once Sunny had fallen asleep. Tiffany looked up at the demon with a sad expression. Hyomin went to her side.

“She’s pretty bad, huh?” Hyomin asked quietly while rubbing Tiffany’s back.

Tiffany sighed, “Yeah. Though she acted pretty calm when she first woke up. She even told me a few things. She remembers me and the other girls, but not much about us. She said she remembered dating me, meeting the others, and breaking up with me. I told her your name and asked if it sounded familiar and she said no.”

Hyomin chuckled bitterly, “All she knows about me now is that I killed her little vampire friend. She probably hates me.”

“Don’t say that. She might not like you now, but since she remembers some things she’ll probably remember more. We’ll just have to wait and see.” Tiffany tried to make the demon feel better.

Hyomin just shook her head, “She didn’t like me much right before she was turned.”

“Yeah, but things have changed. I can explain everything to her.”

Hyomin looked at the sleeping vampire and cracked a smile, “She’s still so cute when she’s a sleep. Even if she’s a bit more pale than before.”

“Yeah, she looks almost exactly the same. But how she acts… it’s different.” Tiffany said sadly.

“I was standing outside the door for most of the time. She seemed really angry, and her mood changed so fast. But that’s something vampires that feed straight from humans usually do; they have unexpected mood swings.” Hyomin explained.

“But drinking this treated blood you guys were talking about will even her moods out?”

Hyomin nodded, “After drinking it a few times. But you have to remember, she’ll also start having withdraws. Before this gets better it’s going to get worse.”

Tiffany sighed, “I know.”

 

                                                                                1:00pm

Tiffany stretched in the chair. Her whole body hurt from sitting and sleeping there all night. She glanced at Sunny to see that the little vampire was still sleep; she would probably sleep through most of the day since that was what she was used to doing.

There was a quiet knock on the door. Before Tiffany could stand up to answer it the door opened to reveal Boram carrying a tray with breakfast on it.

“I’m usually not up this early, but I figured you might be.” The demon said quietly. She handed the tray to Tiffany.

The slayer smiled, “Thanks. Are all demons nocturnal or something?”

Boram laughed, “You studied demonology, you should know these things. But I guess we don’t really have to be; things are just easier that way. I mean, since we have the club and everything. A lot of demons operate on normal time.” Tiffany nodded as she ate her breakfast. “Do you want me or someone else to take over watching Sunny for a little bit?”

Tiffany shook her head, “No, it’s okay. Thanks though.”

Boram nodded her head and left the room.

 

                                                                                                6:00pm

Taeyeon sat next to Tiffany with her arm around her. The other slayers were in the living room; waiting to see their friend when she woke up. They had already been waiting for about an hour now.

Sunny grumbled and started to struggle against her bindings. “What the…?” She opened her eyes and began to fight more. After a few seconds she stopped and said, “Oh… yeah… That’s right.” Sunny sighed and turned her head to see Taeyeon and Tiffany. “Oh hey. You’re new.” Sunny said without much enthusiasm after seeing Taeyeon.

Taeyeon smiled despite Sunny’s dull tone, “Yeah. I’ve been waiting for you to wake up. Do you know who I am?”

Sunny sighed again, “You’re Taeyeon. AKA the girlfriend thief.” Taeyeon flinched a little at the comment; Sunny seemed not to noticed, “Bring any more of your little friends with you?”

“They’re your friends, too Sunny. And yes, they are in the living room waiting to see you.” Taeyeon said.

Sunny growled quietly in frustration, “They were my friends before, but now they are just strangers; you’re one, too. And I really would rather not see them, or talk to them. Can’t I just go back home?”

Taeyeon gave Tiffany an uneasy glance; Tiffany shrugged. When they turned back to Sunny she had a devious smirk on her face, “You know what; bring them in. I am getting kind of hungry.” Taeyeon and Tiffany were in shock. Sunny noticed and laughed. “You people really don’t understand, do you? I’m not the same person, and I’m definitely not your friend. Especially after you kidnapped me and killed my actual friend. I mean, I’m tied to a ing bed! And you just expect me to be like, ‘haha, okay. Bring in the whole gang! I’m totes ready to be your friend again!’. No. It doesn’t work that way. When are you going to understand that?”

Tiffany sighed, “When you put it like that I guess it does seem pretty bad…”

Sunny scoffed, “You think?”

Taeyeon sighed, “It may seem bad now, but in the end you’ll see that what we’re doing is a good thing; I promise.”

Sunny laughed bitterly, “Whatever. If they’re all you here you might as well bring them in. Two at a time, please. I really don’t what to deal with all of them at once.”

Taeyeon and Tiffany were a little surprised, but tried not to let it show. They both got up to tell the others.

Two by two all of the girls visited for about two minutes each before they all met back in the living room; leaving Qri with Sunny.

“She seemed pretty… okay. She wasn’t really friendly but she didn’t talk smack to us or anything.” Yoona said.

Sooyoung nodded, “I think I might have actually seen her smile. Not much, but maybe a little.”

“I think she’ll be better soon, and we won’t have to keep her tied to the bed anymore.” Seohyun said hopefully.

Taeyeon was a little confused, “I honestly don’t understand. Before you guys started coming in she seriously said something about drinking your blood. But then she acted personable enough. I don’t get it.”

“Soyeon said that she might be like this. That vampires that feed from humans are unpredictable and kind of have mood swings.” Tiffany said.

“I know. It just… it just seemed like something deeper than that. Like part of her wants to be friends with us again and live like we did before. But at the same time she doesn’t.”

 

                                                                                10:00pm

Taeyeon sat beside Sunny. She had decided to stay overnight to give Tiffany a break; plus she didn’t have work the next day. The two had been sitting in silence for at least half an hour.

Sunny finally spoke, “Hey… uhm, I’m sorry about what I said earlier. You know, about you being a girlfriend thief. I saw from your expression that I hurt you. I’m sorry.”

The apology surprised Taeyeon, “It’s okay. I know you were angry; I understand.”

“Yeah…” Sunny said.

There was another silence; though this time it only lasted for five minutes.

Sunny spoke again, “So… uh… what was my life like before I was changed? Like, where did we live, did I go to college? Anything like that?”

Taeyeon was once again surprised, but she thought for a second of what to say, “Well, when we moved here we all lived in apartments that were close together; you lived with Hyoyeon. For a while you worked at The Number 9, a club that’s owned by our felathrope friends. For a long time we didn’t even know they were demons, of course we also hated demons at the time.”

“What made you change your mind about demons?” Sunny asked.

Taeyeon thought for a second, “When you were taken by Kahi and Bekah we were kind of forced to work together with different demon clans. They told us things that we never learned in the academy. They taught us about good demons that don’t kill, and then bad demons who kill humans remorselessly.”

Sunny laughed humorlessly, “I guess I’m considered to a bad demon, huh?”

Taeyeon smiled and scratched the back of her neck nervously, “Yeah, you are.”

Sunny sighed and remained quiet for a second. Then something hit her, “Wait… What do you mean ‘when Kahi and Bekah took me’? They didn’t take me, they found me almost dead in a ditch and saved me from death.”

“Is that what they told you?” Taeyeon asked.

Sunny nodded.

Taeyeon sighed, “I think there are a lot of things that they didn’t tell you that you should know. I’m just not sure if you are ready for them yet.”

“Might as well tell me now. What’s it going to hurt? Entertain me.”

“Fine. For one, Kahi and Bekah took you and turned you against your will. The purpose being to make the felathropes angry.” Taeyeon explained.

“How does that even make sense?” Sunny asked.

“It’s kind of a long story, but to simplify it: one of the felathrope broke Kahi’s heart, and now she does anything she possibly can to hurt them. You see, you were dating one of the felathropes shortly before you were changed. Kahi tried to take you once but failed because your then girlfriend attacked her. You found out your girlfriend was a demon and freaked out. After that you quit your job at The Number 9 and started working at a library. They took you while you we walking home.”

“woah…” Sunny said. It was a lot for her to take in. The people who she had trusted had lied to her.

Taeyeon patted her shoulder, “I know it’s a lot to handle right now…”

“Yeah really… So which one was I dating?” Sunny asked.

Taeyeon laughed a little, “I think that’s up to her to tell you.”

Sunny grumbled, “That’s no fun...” Suddenly Sunny’s whole demeanor changed, “wait, how do I even know that you’re telling the truth? How do I know that you’re not lying about Kahi and Bekah kidnapping me?” Sunny honestly felt like Taeyeon had been telling the truth, but something in her suddenly just wanted to cause trouble; something inside her just wanted to be angry and hateful.

Taeyeon rubbed her temples, “Ugh, don’t be like this.” She said in a desperate tone.

Sunny yelled and began to thrash in her chains until she fell asleep.

 

 

Sunny wondered through the desert; she was so thirsty. She didn’t know how long she had been walking, but judging by the stinging in her legs and how much her skin burned, it had to of been days. The small woman panted as she was reduced to crawling; she was about to just give up and die. Suddenly she saw an oasis only meters away from her. She smiled and used her last bit of strength to run to the water.  

Sunny reached the water and collapsed to her knees. She leaned down and began to gulp down handfuls of water. The water began to taste different; irony. She looked down to see that the oasis was now filled with red liquid. “Blood?” She thought with panic.

Her reflection stared back at her. Only… it wasn’t really her… was it? The reflection Had sharp teeth and a devilish grin the made Sunny shiver. Sunny wanted to run away, but she felt like she was glued in place.

Against her will she leaned down and once again began to scoop liquid into . At first it tasted terrible but slowly it became the most delicious thing she had ever tasted. She shoved her whole face into the oasis of blood and gulped as much down as she could.

When Sunny pulled her head back up she could hear a faint but somehow menacing laughter.

 

 

Sunny tried to sit up in bed only to remember that she was tied down. She was gasping and covered in cold sweat. A half asleep Taeyeon looked at her was surprise.

“I… I don’t know what’s happening to me…” Sunny said as a tear ran down her cheek. “Who am I anymore?” she asked no one in particular.

Taeyeon wasn’t totally sure how to respond. Finally she asked, “what do you mean?”

Sunny calmed down a little before answering, “Part of me wants to be your friend again; I want to be good. But another part of me just wants to rip all of you to shreds for making me feel so conflicted. I want to be back home. The problem is I don’t really know if home is with Kahi, Bekah, and the other vampires, or if it’s with you, Tiffany, and my friends from before. It’s tearing me apart. And it doesn’t help that I’m starving.”

Taeyeon cautiously rubbed Sunny’s shoulder; wanting to comfort her but at the same time not wanting to get her hand ripped off if the girl’s mood suddenly changed. “We’ll get you something to eat soon. I’ll have Soyeon call Jungah.”

Sunny sighed, “I’m guessing it’s not going to be an actual human…”

Taeyeon smiled slightly, “No. No humans. But the blood will have come from a human.”

“So what’s the catch, then?” Sunny said skeptically.

“The blood is from humans, but it’s bagged and somehow treated. I don’t know that much about it. From what I’ve heard you’ll probably have withdrawals and won’t like it at first. But it will even your mood out and make you feel better.”

“Oh joy. Sounds like a fabulous time.” Sunny said sarcastically with a frown.

Taeyeon laughed and patted Sunny’s shoulder.

 

 

 

AN: Oh hey there, along time no see :] I'm sorry for the long wait; I just had to get some things done. From now on the chapters will probably all be about this size (2,000 words or so). There are only, about, five or less chapters until the end, so stick with me! :D

Thank you to everyone for your continual support and for hanging in there while I took a break :]

Next update should be posted on the 30th-1st