Chapter 10: I Hate You

Dangerous Love

                                                                        One month later

 

                                                                    Tuesday 1:00am at The Number 9

Sunny yawned and stretched out on the couch. It was the fifth nap she had had to take while on the job. She didn’t know why but it seemed like she was always tired and weak feeling now a days. Any free time she had that wasn’t spent with Hyomin was usually spent sleeping. "Oh well. I still have to do my job." Sunny stood up and stretched a final time before checking her hair and makeup in the mirror Soyeon kept on her desk and walking out. Sunny didn’t feel completely better; not even close. She kept zoning out and her brain didn’t feel totally in reality; though that did seem to be the norm lately. The reason for her not feeling normal totally escaped her.

Sunny walked groggily down the stairs and started to walk to the bar through the crowd when she felt unfamiliar manly arms wrap around her roughly, and a hand covered . The danshin struggled and tried to fight off whoever had her but it wasn’t working. She was still tired and weak; Sunny couldn’t resist. She felt herself being dragged out of The Number 9, and then into an alleyway not far from the club.

When they stopped the man took his hand off of Sunny’s mouth, but still held her firmly. She began to struggle more, “Let go of me, you big lug! What do you want from me!” She yelled.

Just then a smooth, feminine finger touched her lips, “Shhhhhhhh”, the owner of the digit shushed as the finger slid down the short girl’s lips. “Wouldn’t want to alert people walking by, would we?”

For the first time Sunny looked at the woman. She was absolutely gorgeous; even the devilish smirk on her lips was beautiful. Sunny was stunned. Her eyes analyzed every inch of the woman; her long brown hair, her perky s, her slim waist, her long legs, everything. What could she want with Sunny?

Sunny swallowed back the lump in and laughed awkwardly, “excuse me, miss, but I think you have the wrong person.”

The strange woman continued to smirk, and raised her eyebrow in question, “Oh? You are Sunny aren’t you?”

Sunny could barely breathe, “Ye-yes I am….”

The stranger’s smile widened, revealing sharp fangs, “Then I definitely have the right girl.” The woman began to twirl a strand of Sunny’s hair playfully as she edged her way closer. Soon the two women were inches apart, and Sunny could smell the metallic edge of blood that was on the vampire’s breath. She smiled seductively and moved to Sunny’s ear, “Such a pretty girl”, the vampire whispered breathily, “it would really be a shame if that beauty of your's went to waste. Now, if I change you you’ll be able to look this beautiful forever. Not to mention be my little pet. Wouldn’t you like that?” The vampire pulled away smiling.

Sunny was breathless and terrified, but more than anything she was disgusted. The shorty spit in the vampire’s face before yelling, “ you! You’re a monster! I would rather die right now than be one of you forever!”

The vampire’s gorgeous face contorted with anger, “Oh, you’re going to be my little pet whether you like it or not.” The vampire went for Sunny’s neck. Sunny closed her eyes tight and prepared for the worst.

Suddenly Sunny heard a loud yell and she was released. The short girl opened her eyes to see a cat-like creature clawing at the two vampires. “She’s mine! Keep your disgusting fangs away from her!” the creature yelled. The voice was animalistic, but at the same time it sounded familiar to Sunny.

The two battered vampires ran off. The cat creature turned its attention to Sunny. “Are you okay?” it asked as it walked forward with its furry, clawed hand out.

Sunny pulled away from it, “Another Goddamn monster…. What do you want from me?”

Hurt flashed across the demon’s face, “I….I… well…..” the demon sighed before its skin began to morph and change into a human form. Sunny gasped when her girlfriend appeared before her in tattered clothes. “You weren’t supposed to find out… I’m sorry.”

Sunny could barely breathe, and she couldn’t move. The woman she loved was a monster. The short girl blinked a few times praying that she was mistaken; Hyomin couldn’t be a demon. No matter how many times she blinked and shook her head Hyomin was still standing there in tattered clothes.

Hyomin looked at the ground in embarrassment, “You weren’t supposed to find out… especially not like this.” The demon looked up with a sad smile on her face, “but this doesn’t change anything right? I still love you, and you still love me, right? If you want I can explain everything to you; no more secrets. We can still be together, and happy.”

Inside Sunny felt her world implode. Even though she had just admitted her love for Hyomin recently it felt like she had loved the other woman for an eternity. When they were together nothing else mattered. Sunny had honestly expected to live the rest of her life with Hyomin. “I wanted to be with her until the day that I died... but now……” A tear ran down Sunny’s cheek, “I kill her kind! How can I be in love with a demon? She probably used some ability she has to make me fall for her; just so she could use me for food until she kills me.” Sunny thought about how tired and sluggish she had been recently, “all demons are selfish monsters” more tears fell down Sunny’s cheeks.

Hyomin noticed that the woman she loved was crying, “Sunny….” She took a step forward and reached for Sunny’s hand. Without warning the short girl broke out of her trance and slapped Hyomin across the face as hard as she could. The demon stood in open mouthed shock.

“Stay away from me, you filthy ing demon! You never really loved me, and I never really loved you! You used some demon ability on me and you made me think that I was in love! All so you could use me!” Sunny screamed as she backed away slowly.

Hyomin stared at Sunny unbelievingly, “Wh-what? No! No! It isn’t like that at all! I love you with all my heart! I promise!”

Sunny laughed bitterly as tears continued to stream down her face, “Ha, yeah. I’m sure you do. Leave me alone; I never want to see your face again. Don’t bother trying to call me. I’m leaving the job, and so is Jessica. You and your kind disgust me; I hate you.”

Sunny walked passed her and all Hyomin could do was stand in disbelief. Her brain couldn’t process what had just happened. After about ten minutes of just standing still in silence Hyomin fell to her knees in the dirty alley and began to cry harder than she ever had. She was so upset that she felt like she could throw up at any moment.

 

 

Sunny practically ran back home (even though it was a long walk) as soon as she was out of Hyomin’s sight. The tears wouldn’t stop, and neither would her legs. She ran fast; she ran until burned and her legs were numb. No matter how much she ran she couldn’t out run what had just happened. The memory played over and over again; the woman she had thought she was in with appearing from the fur of some cat demon.

She remembered the time Taeyeon and Hyoyeon had pursued a cat demon; a felathrope. The monster Sunny had seen tonight was exactly the same as the thing her two friends had described. Sunny searched her emotion blurred mind to find anything she knew about the cat demons. The one Taeyeon and Hyoyeon had shot was a hybrid; a felathrope succubus hybrid. Both fed ually.

Sunny ran harder. She and Hyomin had had as often as possible, and it was usually Hyomin who initiated it. “I would be totally not in the mood, but then as soon as she walked into the room my body instantly became hot and needy. And sometimes Hyomin would be so eager…… like she was….. Hungry….” She thought. “Then sometimeas she would let out growls as she pulled me towards her or push me down on the bed that sounded so animal….” More tears coursed down the small woman’s face. How couldn’t she not have at least suspected it before?

By the time Sunny opened the door cold sweat covered her whole body, her heart felt like it would explode at any second, and her vision was blurred. Before she could even get to the couch she collapsed onto the floor; unconscious.

 

 

Hyomin eventually did throw up, but she was too depressed to care. It had been three hours since Sunny had left her, but the demon had lost track of all time. Her tears had run dry and she was lying on her side in the alleyway hiccupping and dry heaving. Her whole body hurt and all she could think of was the words Sunny had said, “You and your kind disgust me; I hate you.”

At some point in time, Hyomin couldn’t remember when, Eunjung had found her and had driven her home.

It was around 8:00am the next day when Soyeon came into Hyomin’s room with a rare gentle smile on her lips. “How are you feeling now, Hyomin?” She asked kindly.

Hyomin’s only reply was, “Like complete .”

Soyeon crawled in bed and lied down beside her clan mate. The leader looked into Hyomin’s bloodshot eyes, “What happened that has you so upset.”

“….Sunny….”, Hyomin said in a voice that sounded on the verge of tears.

Soyeon Hyomin’s face comfortingly, and shushed her, “Tell me everything, calmly.”

Hyomin swallowed back her tears and recounted everything that had happened the previous night. Starting with her getting a feeling in her gut that something was wrong with Sunny, and ending with Eunjung finding her.

“Hmmm,” Soyeon hummed questioningly, “You say that you just felt like she was in danger, and you somehow knew exactly where to find her?”

Hyomin nodded.

“Strange…” Soyeon said with a look of wonder on her face. “Any way, “She continued, “Something has to be done about Kahi. I can’t believe she would go so far as to personally attack Sunny.”

At the mention of the name Hyomin visibly winced in emotion pain. Soyeon ran her fingers through Hyomin’s hair, “It will be okay; I promise.”

Hyomin shook her head as she began to cry again, “You don’t understand, Soyeon. I feel like part of me is gone. I know we had only been dating for a month or so, but I feel like I’ve been in love with her for my entire life. But it was just when I saw her that I realized it. Then after feeding from her feeding from anyone else just felt… cheap, unsatisfying, and like I was cheating.”

Soyeon nodded. Hyomin had practically been starving herself since she had started dating Sunny. She did her best to not over feed from the girl even though she wasn’t getting energy from anywhere else. Soyeon had noticed a decrease in Sunny’s performance at work, even with Hyomin doing her best to hold back.

Soyeon gave Hyomin a tight hug before saying, “I have to do a few things, but if you need anything Boram, Jiyeon, and Eunjung are all here. The leader stood up and walked out of the door. What she really wanted to do was look into Hyomin’s attachment to Sunny. “It is rather odd that already Hyomin feels so close to her, and is this in pain over Sunny leaving her. What’s even stranger is Hyomin knowing that Sunny was in trouble and exactly where she was at.... Could it really be a true soul match? I’d read about them but I never thought they actually existed…”

More than that, Soyeon was worried for her clan's safety. From what she had found while investigating, Sunny and her friends were slayers, and now that Sunny knew what Hyomin was (leading to the knowledge that all of the club owners were demons) she would probably tell her slayer friends about it. “We’ll just have to watch our backs constantly. I was really hoping that Sunny would be unlike the other slayers, and understand that we’re different. But I guess she’s just an insensitive killer, too”. Soyeon sighed in frustration. She had really liked Sunny, and had expected better from her.

 

                                                8:30am Sunny and Hyoyeon’s apartment

Hyoyeon groggily scratched her head as she walked into the living room. The lump on the floor immediately caught her attention. She rushed over to Sunny, and after a few shakings the small girl woke up. Hyoyeon was alarmed by how pale she looked, and how bloodshot her eyes were. Sunny looked confused for a second, but then tears began to spill from her eyes. Hyoyeon was startled by the sudden sadness. 

“Sunny! What’s going on; why are you crying?!”

Sunny’s voice was a quiet croak, “Please, can you get me a glass of water.”

Hyoyeon nodded and did as she was asked. Before giving Sunny the water she helped her friend to the couch. Sunny drank all the water she was given greedily before saying, “Help me walk to Taeyeon and Tiffany’s apartment”.

Hyoyeon helped Sunny to Taeyeon and Tiffany’s couch before waking up their leader and her girlfriend. Though Hyoyeon was curious as to what was wrong with Sunny, she figured it was best for her to leave; Sunny would tell her when she was ready.

Sunny sat between Taeyeon and Tiffany on the couch; her tears had stopped momentarily. Even so her two concerned friends held her tight between them. Tiffany Sunny’s hair while Taeyeon rubbed her back.

They stayed like that in silence for about 5 minutes until Taeyeon asked, “What’s wrong Sunny?”

Fresh tears began to pour from Sunny’s eyes as she recounted everything to her two friends. The two nodded silently. They weren’t exactly surprised, but they had hoped Sunny would take the news better.

Sunny suddenly looked stunned and said, “I-if Hyo-Hyomin’s a demon then the rest of the owners have to be, too! Hyoyeon is dating one of them!”

Taeyeon and Tiffany nodded calmly. Tiffany said, “We’ll tell her soon.”

Sunny stood up to get more water but immediately hissed in pain and fell back down on the couch. Taeyeon and Tiffany looked at her questioningly, “I ran home last night. I can barely move my legs without them hurting. Let alone properly walk.”

The two nodded understandingly. Taeyeon stood up to get the water while Tiffany made Sunny comfortable on the couch, “TaeTae can’t really call off work, but I will.” Sunny opened to protest but Tiffany silenced her, “You’ve been through a lot and need some pampering. Besides, I don’t think I could live with myself knowing that I had left our Sunny Bunny home alone when she was feeling so down.” Tiffany offered Sunny a warm smile. The shorter girl gave her a halfhearted smile back.

 

                                                                Noon Taeyeon and Tiffany’s apartment

Tiffany sat on one end of the couch with Sunny’s head leaned on her shoulder. The two were looking through the help wanted ads in the paper in order to find Sunny a new job. It was Sunny’s idea to look; Tiffany hadn’t thought the smaller girl would want to search for a new job so soon, but Sunny had said it would help keep her mind off of things.

Eventually they found a job that Sunny seemed to like; being a librarian. Sunny just barely smiled, “it sounds like they are pretty desperate to fill in the position soon. I’ll go tomorrow.”

Tiffany nodded, “what do you want to do now, Sunny?”

Sunny shrugged then took a moment to think, “Would you want to play some video games with me?”

Tiffany wasn’t especially fond of video games, but if it would make Sunny happy she’d do it. The pink loving girl smiled and nodded, “Let me grab the console and some games from your apartment.”

 

Sunny tried to forget, she really did, but all playing games with Tiffany did was remind her of the demon she had called her girlfriend. “Playing games use to always make me happy; it was how I relieved my stress. But now all I can do is think of that… monster.” Sunny thought as she bit her lip to fight her tears. “What did that thing do to me? Being away from her should have stopped my feelings for her… maybe I just need a little longer for whatever she did to me to wear off. Yeah; that’s it.”

Sunny tried to play the game without thinking, but it didn’t work. Her mind kept wondering to Hyomin and how good the demon had made her feel; how it was all a lie so Hyomin could use her for food. The more Sunny thought about it the angrier she became.

Eventually Sunny let out a yell and threw her controller across the room; tears of hurt and anger flowed down her cheeks. A very stunned Tiffany looked over at Sunny. Upon seeing the tears that covered her friend’s face she dropped the controller and hugged the shorter girl tightly while rubbing her back soothingly.

“It’s not fair….” Sunny cried into Tiffany’s shoulder, “Everything was so perfect. She made me feel so happy and loved. But she ruined everything for me! I can’t even play video games without thinking about her! But… the worst part is: I feel like I’m still in love with her. When will this stop, Tiff?”

Tiffany shook her head, “I don’t know, Sunny. But I’ll always be here for you.”  

 

 

AN: SO MUCH ANGST! AHHHHHHH!!!! So much of it! I honestly don't feel like I write the best when it comes to angst; please tell me if there is anything I should do to make you feel more depressed XD I hope this chapter turned out okay. I feel like it might have more typos than usual.

So the truth is finally out! Well..... kind-of-sort-of-not-really. Sunny knows what Hyomin is, but is totally wrong when it comes to her intentions. 

How in the world did I get so many subscribers? Wow! Thanks everyone :] I'll do my best to make you guys proud!

Next update should be here the 5th-7th. 

HAVE A HAPPY AND SAFE NEW YEARS EVERYONE!