Chapter 18: Kidnapped

Dangerous Love

                                                                8:00pm Kahi and Bekah’s mansion

Sunny awoke a little earlier than usual; but she felt good. She glanced over to see Areum and Bekah asleep beside her; all three of them were in the bed Kahi and Bekah usually shared. The night before they had just fed from the men at the apartment they shared, then had taken the bodies to a necromancer friend of Kahi’s. After that they had gone back to the mansion Bekah had stopped them to just say hello, but had immediately noticed that the two had just fed. Without saying much Bekah had taken them to her room.

Sunny stretched, waking up Areum who in turn woke up Bekah. Bekah sighed loudly, “Last night was nice. You girls can get a little crazy, though.” She laughed.

Areum and Sunny smiled. Bekah stood up from the bed a stretched. While putting on her clothes she said, “I have a few things today tonight. I’ll see girls later.” As soon as she was dressed the elder vampire left the room.

Areum wrapped her arms around Sunny and Sunny accepted it. Areum nuzzled her head in the younger vampire’s shoulder and said, “I like having Bekah around and all, but I really just want to snuggle with just you for a little while.”

Sunny laughed and the other woman’s hair, “I think that can be arranged.”

 

                                                                8:30pm The T-ara mansion

Everything was ready. Some of Soyeon’s human friends where taking care of the club, and all of the slayers and the demon clans that had agreed to get Sunny back were packed into the mansion doing last minute preparations. Weapons were gathered and the plan of attack was talked about.

When everything was ready they all went into the forest and ran towards Kahi and Bekah’s mansion. Hyomin felt very uneasy; she didn’t want to kill anyone. She knew that the vampires that Kahi and Bekah kept, and the two women themselves, could be very violent. She knew that they had probably killed thousands of humans, but she still didn’t want to hurt anyone. Just the thought made her feel nauseous.

When they arrived at the mansion Soyeon motioned for everyone to take their places. Two of the Nine Muses, Sera and Eunji, stood at the front door and rang the bell. An unsuspecting male vampire answered. He was immediately in capacitated as the two sirens shrieked at him. He fell to the floor clutching at his ears. Hyomin was so thankful that they had all worn earplugs specially designed by Miryo to block out the sounds of sirens.

The militia of slayers and demons rushed into the house. There were about fifteen other vampires in the living room who were now trying to protect their ears. The seven other muses began to shriek; the vampires grabbed at their ears in pain.

Hyomin followed behind as the slayers and demons rushed up the wide staircase. Some vampires, who must have heard the commotion, ran down the stairs at them. Soyeon, Jungah, and Taeyeon were in front and got the bulk of the attack. By the time they made it to the top of the staircase they had killed five of the vampires and injured a few. The injured ones had run to get back up.

They split into two groups; one going to the right of the stairs, and one going to the left. Hyomin went to the left. As they ran through the halls they threw open doors to look for Sunny.

Hyomin felt someone grab onto her arm. She panicked for a second before looking to see who it was. It was a vampire she had never seen before, and they were wielding a knife. Still not wanting to badly injure anyone she knocked them in the jaw with the hilt of her katana before running ahead.

Hyomin threw open yet another door only to find a vampire sleeping, she shut it. Things were getting repetitive. Her group alone must have killed about ten vampires, though she herself had avoided it. There were still no signs of Sunny.

Hyomin opened another door. What she saw stunned her; it was Sunny in a bed beside a female vampire. Sunny’s head was leaned on the other girl and their arms were wrapped around each other, there was a laptop sitting in front of them.

The unfamiliar vampire jerked her head up and said, “Sunny, stay in the room. Don’t come out until I come back.”

Hyomin was too stunned to run into the room. Instead she watched as Areum quickly grabbed a sword that was hanging on the wall and she watched as Areum rushed towards her and slammed the door shut. Soon Hyomin felt the cold steel of the sword against her neck.

Not thinking clearly, Hyomin slashed at the woman’s midsection with her sword. “Agh!” Areum yelled as she backed up and swung her sword at Hyomin. The felathrope blocked it. Just then Sunny opened the door. Areum turned her head away from Hyomin. The felathrope saw her chance; she swung for Areum’s neck.

The vampire turned to ash before Sunny’s eyes. All she could feel was rage. Sunny screamed and threw herself at Hyomin; punching her while crying and yelling. Tiffany, Taeyeon, Eric, and Narsha heard. They ran towards the sound. The two slayers yelled Sunny’s name. Sunny looked at them in confusion. While she was distracted Narsha injected her with something. Sunny fell unconscious almost instantly.

Hyomin stood with a blank expression of her face, “what just happened…?” She thought.

Eric lifted Sunny into his arms, “come on, Hyomin, we need to get out of here now.”

Hyomin nodded and followed numbly; she was so confused.

They were almost to the staircase when they turned a corner only to find Kahi with her arms crossed and a pissed expression of her face, “Where do you think you’re taking her?” She asked.

“Home.”, Responded Tiffany.

Kahi laughed, “Home? This is her home. We’ve taken care of her; she’s happy here. And now you’re taking her away from her happiness? For what?”

“To be with her friends and family; the people who love her.” Taeyeon said through clenched teeth.

A cocky smiled spread across Kahi’s lips, “Oh really now? As far as she knows, we are her family now. She doesn’t even know who you people are. Also, when you think about it, you’re all being rather selfish. Sunny is happy here, and you’re taking that away from that just so you can have your friend back again?”

They stood in silence; Kahi chuckled, “Like I said, she won’t know who any of you are. All she’ll know is that you took her away from her happiness. She’s one of my clan now; she’s not the person you remember.” They all glared at Kahi, the vampire smiled. “Fine, take her. But she’ll want to come back; just wait.”

Though they were a bit dumbfounded they rushed out of the mansion before she had a chance to change her mind. They called for the rest of the slayers and demons as they went.

The run back to the T-ara mansion was silent. A few members of the large group had to be carried because of their injuries. Once they had arrived back at the mansion Sunny was tethered to a bed and Boram was assigned to look after her. Everyone else gathered in the living room to bandage themselves’ up and talk.

Jungah talked to Soyeon as she cleaned and wrapped up Nana’s wounded arm, “Always keep someone with her. We don’t know how she’ll react to the situation she’s in, but it probably won’t be good. I’ll keep sending over treated blood, and if you need anything else you can call me.” The vampire helped Nana up and the rest of her clan followed her out of the door.

All of the other demon clans soon left; leaving only the slayers and the clan of felathropes. All of them besides Hyomin had moved to Sunny’s room. The girl was still asleep, though it looked like she was having bad dreams.

Tiffany reached down and swept a piece of hair off of Sunny’s face. She looked down at her friend with a sad expression, “Do you think I can stay here for when she wakes up? I’ll have to call off work, but it shouldn’t be a problem.”

Taeyeon put her hand on her girlfriend’s shoulder, “If that’s really what you want to do. Do you want any of us to stay with you?”

Tiffany shook her head, “Hyoyeon is still staying here, so I’ll have her.”

Taeyeon nodded and sighed, “Okay. The rest of us should go. Please call when she wakes up.” With that all the slayers besides Hyoyeon and Tiffany left.

Tiffany looked at the people who were left in the room, “Where is Hyomin?” she asked.

Eunjung said, “As soon as we got back she went to her room.”

Tiffany bit her lip, “she’s probably really hurting right now. I don’t know what happened, but when we first saw Sunny she was yelling and hitting Hyomin. I don’t know what happened. Would it be okay if I went to talk to her?” Everyone nodded.

Tiffany walked to Hyomin’s door just down the hallway and knocked.

“C-come in.” Hyomin’s voice was soft and a little raspy. Tiffany opened the door to find Hyomin sitting on the corner of her bed. Her eyes were bloodshot and swollen, and her face was streaked with tears. Tiffany immediately rushed to her and sat beside her. The slayer wrapped Hyomin in her arms and let the demon collapse into tears on her shoulder.

After a few minutes Tiffany asked, “What are you thinking about Hyomin? What’s got you so upset?”

Hyomin sniffed and sat up straight; she tried to calm down. “Sunny… when I first opened the door and saw her she looked so normal and happy. She was cuddling with another vampire and watching something on a laptop. The other vampire went after me and I ended up killing her; Sunny saw it. That’s when she started crying, hitting me, and yelling. What if that vampire was her new girlfriend, Tiffany? What if Sunny didn’t want to be ‘saved’? What if she hates us for taking her away?”

Tiffany sighed, “I don’t know. Chances are she probably will hate us at first. But maybe once we start telling her about the truth, and about her past with all of us she’ll come around.”

“And if she doesn’t?”, Hyomin asked.

Tiffany shrugged, “I guess we’ll have no choice but to let her go back to Kahi and Bekah then.”

Hyomin bit her lip and nodded sadly, she could feel tears returning to her eyes. Part of her wished that they would have just left Sunny where she was at and moved on with their lives.

 

Tiffany returned to the guest room where Sunny was after Hyomin had calmed down some. The small vampire looked like she was having a fitful sleep. She squirmed in her bindings and scrunched her face. The slayer wondered what she could be dreaming about.

 

Sunny ran through the lifeless woods without totally knowing what she was running from; all she knew was that something wanted to hurt her. Her lungs and legs hurt from running, but she couldn’t stop.

Suddenly she saw a pit in front of her, and before she could get her legs to stop moving she fell in.

She sat up in bed; panting for air, her heart pounded against her chest. She looked around to room to find literal nothing. The only thing she could see was the bed she was on. Everything else was black. For the first time she noticed that there was a person shaped lump on either side of her.

“He-hello?” Sunny said in a quiet voice.

Suddenly both of the “lumps” sat up very fast. The covers fell from them revealing the two women that Sunny had killed. There were smiles on their lips that seemed way too wide, and their eyes looked wild.

Sunny felt hands around her ankles; it was the man she had killed. He had the same disturbing smile spread across his lips and the same wild eyes. He pulled at her ankles. Before she knew what was happening she was falling again.

Sunny was once again running through the forest with the same terrible feeling that something deadly was chasing her.

A gray brick wall sprung up in front of Sunny. She went to run to the right; another wall. Then to the left; yet another. She had no choice but to face what was pursuing her. She saw Kahi, Bekah, Tiffany, and the woman who had killed Areum. They all had warm smiles on their faces and out stretched hands. They were all slowly walking closer to her. Sunny was eventually backed up against the wall.

Sunny didn’t know what to do. She was scared; she wanted to cry. Finally she did what seemed right to her. Sunny ran to Kahi and Bekah. They wrapped their arms around her. But something felt wrong, and they were hugging her too tightly; it hurt. She looked up to see the same disturbing smiles that had been on her victims faces earlier. She turned to look at Tiffany and the other woman only to see them both frowning and shaking their heads in disappointment. They suddenly disappeared.

Their arms kept squeezing her tighter and tighter until she couldn’t breathe any more.

 

Sunny gasped and tried to sit up but couldn’t. She struggled and finally screamed in anger. She looked around in panic to find Tiffany sitting beside the bed in a chair. Her face was wide eyed and look mildly frightened, probably from hearing Sunny screaming.

“Ti-Tiffany….?” Sunny asked groggily.

Tiffany’s mouth dropped and she was silent for a few moments, “How… how do you know my name? Do you remember everything from before you were a vampire?”

“I…no… I only remember a few things.” Sunny replied.

“How?” Tiffany asked.

Sunny thought for a second, “When I would sleep I’d sometimes remember little things, or I’d have a flashback if a certain word or something triggered it.”

“Then what memories do you have of me?”

“The first flashback I had was when I first woke up from being changed, Bekah called me Sunny Bunny. I had a flashback of you calling me that.”

Tiffany smiled a little, “What else?” Sunny’s calmness surprised Tiffany. She was expecting her friend to be much more hostile.

“I remember our first time, and I remember our friends; Yuri, Hyoyeon, Sooyoung. And then Jessica, Taeyeon, Seohyun, and Yoona joined us later. I remember breaking up with you so you could date Taeyeon, and then watching you two when you had your first kiss. I know we were at some sort of academy. That’s about all I remember…”

Tiffany nodded, “Do you remember Hyomin?”

Sunny looked confused, “Who? Who is she?”

Tiffany sighed and shook her head. “Do you have any clue what type of academy we went to?”

Sunny shook her head, “I guess not. Some fancy and expensive one I guess.”

“It’s was an academy for demon slayers.” Tiffany said.

Sunny’s eyes grow wide and she struggled in her bindings, “Are-are you going to kill me? Is that why you took me away?”

Tiffany held up her hands, “No, no! Not at all! We saved you so that we could get you to stop killing humans; so that you could be our friend again.”

Sunny smiled and laughed bitterly, “Save me? I was happy. In fact at the moment you ‘saved me’ I was cuddling and watching videos of kittens with another vampire who I might have been falling for. We were having a good time. Then suddenly someone burst through the door, and then kills Areum. I was perfectly happy...”

Tiffany sat in shocked silence.

Sunny continued, “I don’t think you understand; I didn’t need saving. Besides I’m not the same girl you remember as your friend. Whatever happened in the past in exactly that; in the past. I’m different now. As far as I’m concerned you didn’t rescue me. You kidnapped me, and now I’m tied to a bed. I want to be taken back!”

Sunny yelled the last sentence, making Tiffany flinch. She wanted to go back, just like Kahi had said.

Tiffany tried to calm her down, “Listen, Sunny, once we get you off of drinking human blood, and you’ve met all your old friends you’ll realize that us taking you away from there was the right thing. You will be happy just like before, okay?”

Sunny growled, “No. I want to be taken back. I don’t want things to be ‘like they were before’ I liked my life just fine before you felt like you had to save me from it!”

Tiffany sighed and rubbed her face with her hands; this was going to be difficult.

 

 

AN:  I guess I don't really have much to say about this chapter, except that I hope you all like it :]

Next update should be posted on the 9th-11th.