Chapter 12: Fake Smiles

Dangerous Love

                                                Thursday 2:00pm Kahi and Bekah’s mansion

Bekah had driven home with a smile on her face; she couldn’t believe her luck. As soon as she stepped inside the vampire rid herself of all her protective clothing, put down her books, and rushed upstairs. She knew Kahi was sleeping, but she couldn’t wait to tell her that capturing Sunny was going to be much easier than they had originally thought.

Bekah hesitated at the door to the bedroom that Kahi and her usually shared. “Should I just wait?” she questioned herself. Kahi hated being woken up during the day; really all vampires did. The only reason Bekah herself was up was because the library wasn’t open late at night. Then there was also the fact the Bekah didn’t know what to expect. Kahi had gone out late last night with Hwayoung so she could have dragged home anyone. Bekah herself had slept in Areum’s room with her. She let out a deep breath before opening the door.

The smell of blood hit her instantly. As her keen vampire eyes swept over the dark room she could see Kahi and Hwayoung on the bed spooning under a blood stained blanket. She then saw a human girl half way on the bed and half off, and a human man sprawled out on the floor. Judging by their open glazed over eyes, paleness, and the bite marks that covered their bodies, they were both dead.

Bekah sighed and shook her head. It was things like this that made her miss the old days filled with bagged blood and close friends. She loved the taste of fresh blood, luring in a human, the thrill of hunting them, and of course she loved Kahi. But some days she wondered if it was all worth it. The sad part was: this was one of Kahi’s smaller messes.

Bekah walked farther into the room and closer to the corpses. “They both look so young… they could have had bright futures ahead of them…” Bekah shook the thought away. “How good could they have really been? They are only humans after all.”

The vampire focused on her reason for being here. She lied beside Kahi on the bed and kissed her softly until she woke up. “Ugh… This better be good, because it’s definitely not night yet.” Kahi mumbled angrily.

Bekah smiled, “It’s definitely good. I just couldn’t wait to tell you.”

“Then spit it out, woman!” Kahi growled.

Bekah flinched slightly, “The Sunny girl works at the library, so we won’t have to track her down. If her hours are late, which I’m guessing they probably will be since the place is short staffed and the two old ladies that work there don’t like closing, we’ll be able to get her easily.”

Kahi smiled and sat up; the blood stained blanket falling from her shoulders revealing her bare chest. She hugged Bekah tightly before kissing her and saying, “That is good news. We’ll stakeout the place tonight and plan something out. Now, strip your cute little down and cuddle with us.”

Bekah obliged with a smile; the corpses in the room now forgotten.

 

                                                                       3:00pm the library

Sunny was organizing the book shelves silently while crying. She couldn’t stop thinking about Hyomin. “When will this spell she casted over me go away. She’s a monster who wanted me for food. All my good memories with her are lies. The love I feel for her is all fake; when will it stop?” Sunny thought as more tears clouded her vision.

Sunny was startled by the feeling of a hand on her shoulder. “H-huh?”

She turned to meet the kind face of one of the older women she worked with, “I’ve been watching you fix the shelves while crying for the past half hour. What’s the matter?”

Sunny quickly wiped her eyes are put on a fake smile, “Oh, it’s nothing; I’ll be fine.”

The woman looked at her suspiciously, “crying for half an hour straight doesn’t seem fine to me.”

Sunny shook her head with the phony smile still plastered on her lips, “Don’t worry about me. It’s nothing important; I’ll get over it.”

The older woman still looked wary, “Just tell me if there is anything I can do to help. But, I wanted to ask you if you wouldn’t mind doing the closing up routine the nights that you work here? Myrtle and I can’t drive in the dark very well. The library closes to the public at 7 but you’d stay here until about 8 or so cleaning things up and such.”

Sunny nodded, “I wouldn’t mind at all.”

The older woman gave Sunny a pat on the back, “I’m glad to hear it. Lately we’ve been having to close the library early. But since you’re here the schedule can be normal again.”

The woman walked away leaving Sunny alone with her thoughts again. She tried to concentrate on putting the books back in order, biting her lip to fight back the tears again; it was embarrassing to be crying on the job.

After only five minutes of fighting the tears won; streaming down her face again. “This has to stop soon…” She thought as she rushed to the bathroom to calm down.

 

 

                                                                        4:00pm T-ara’s mansion

Hyoyeon rang the doorbell. Qri had invited her over to talk with Soyeon about working together. She couldn’t say she wasn’t nervous. After all she was entering a mansion full of demons, not to mention she didn’t know exactly how Soyeon would react to knowing that she was a slayer. But if what Qri had said was true, she was perfectly safe. Still, anxious sweat covered her body. Qri answered the door with a smile on her face, and greeted Hyoyeon with a hug and kiss. It helped melt the slayer’s stress away.

Qri put a serious look on her face and asked, “Are you sure you are ready for this? You don’t want us to talk with your group’s leader first?”

Hyoyeon nodded, “I think it would be better to talk to Soyeon first.” Without saying anything else the demon took the slayer’s hand and they began to walk to Soyeon’s bedroom/home office.

Qri knocked on Soyeon’s closed door. “Come in!” the leader yelled. Qri opened the door with a smile. Soyeon was sitting at her desk on her computer. “Her natural environment” Qri thought with a smirk.

The leader looked up, Qri caught the look of sudden look of surprise on her for when she saw Hyoyeon. But the surprised passed in milliseconds; replaced with a fake smile.

“What are you girls up to?” Soyeon asked.

Qri sat on the end of Soyeon’s bed, making Hyoyeon follow suite. The red head looked at her leader seriously, “we need to talk about something important.”

Soyeon panicked internally, “whatever this is about, it can’t be good.” But she remained calm on the outside, “okay, what is it?”

Qri sighed, glanced at Hyoyeon, then back at Soyeon, “Hyoyeon, Sunny, Jessica, and their friends are slayers.”

Soyeon nodded her head, “I knew.” The other two girls stared at her with open mouths.

“But how!?” Hyoyeon asked in surprise.

Soyeon smiled kindly, “I just had a feeling, so I investigated it. I may have eavesdropped some…”

“How long have you knew? Why didn’t you tell any of us?” Qri asked.

The leader shrugged, “About a month. You and Hyomin seemed so happy; who was I to ruin that? Though I was keeping a close eye on the slayers to make sure that they weren’t up to something, but they seemed about as clueless about us as the rest of you were about them. Is that seriously all you came in here to tell me?”

Qri shook her head, “Well I explained to Hyoyeon that we aren’t the killers that they think we are. I figured, maybe, the slayers and we could work together. Like them consult us about the demons they are planning to go after and us tell them whether the demon is one that harms humans or not.”

Soyeon thought about it, “In theory it sounds good… But I don’t know if The Organization would like it. Have you talked to the leader of the slayer’s yet? Do any of them besides Hyoyeon and Sunny know about us?”

Hyoyeon nodded, “Our leader was the one who told me that Qri was a demon. I’m guessing they probably know from Sunny. But I haven’t talked to any of them about this yet.”

Soyeon nibbled at her bottom lip in thought, “This could get dicey… with The Organization and, nothing against you, Hyoyeon, the slayers. Are most of them as understanding as you? I know Sunny definitely wasn’t...”

Hyoyeon glanced at the floor for a second before meeting Soyeon’s eyes again, “Well Sunny has more against demons than the rest of us. You see… her mother and father were killed and eaten by a tribe of drider demons when she was about 7. Sadly she saw the whole thing where she was hiding from them. I don’t know if the others will be as accepting as me, but they definitely won’t be as intolerant as Sunny.”

“Driders… “ Soyeon thought with a shiver of disgust, “such nasty things; half human and half spider. Then the way they eat… Sunny would have had to watch them bind her parents in webbing, throw up acid on them, they probably would have screamed the whole time before finally dying, then watch as they their liquefied remains out… That’s terrible. No wonder she’s so prejudiced when it comes to demons.”  

Soyeon once again began to bite at her bottom lip, “Let me make some calls; then we’ll talk about it. Don’t talk to any of the slayers yet. I also would like to meet your leader, Hyoyeon. So that I can talk to her personally about this.” Soyeon smiled kindly.

Hyoyeon nodded. She still had her doubts, but Soyeon’s smile and Qri’s hand on her own made her feel like everything would work out.

 

 

AN: I definitely stole the idea for driders from Dungeons & Dragons XD

A very short and early update. I have a lot to do with school work, as well as a lot to do with the fic. I feel like I should think about and experiment with a few plot ideas before continuing. So I'm going on a short hiatus, but the wait should be worth it! I'm sorry for making you wait! (Here's a small spoiler: a big event should be taking place in the next chapter or the one after that) 

Next update will be up on the 26th-28th

As always a big thank you to everyone that's reading, commenting, subscribing, and upvoting! :D You guys are really awesome!