Chapter 21: Together

Dangerous Love

Sunny had fallen asleep and all Hyomin could do was stare at her and think of how beautiful she was; her heart hurt. Talking to her had made Hyomin feel so conflicted. She was happy that she could talk to Sunny, talk to her almost normally in fact. But then there had been that moment at the end where Sunny had yelled at her for almost no reason. Screaming while crying and saying she wanted to go back to Kahi and Bekah. Then she had fallen asleep.

Is it really that bad here? Hyomin thought, I mean it has to be boring for her to just lie in bed all day… But there is always someone for her to talk to here... The more she thought about it the worse Hyomin felt.

Sunny groaned and Hyomin was immediately shaken from her thoughts. “How do you feel?” Hyomin asked with caution; she didn’t want Sunny to yell at her again.

Sunny groaned again, “My head and stomach are seriously killing me. Do you think I could try eating again?”

Hyomin bit her lip; she was nervous about feeding Sunny again after what had happened the last time, but what else was she supposed to do? The felathrope nodded and said, “I think it would be worth a try. I’ll be back in a second.”

Hyomin came back as quick as possible and began to feed Sunny. The vampire drank down both bags surprisingly fast. Afterwards she smiled at Hyomin and said, “Hopefully it will stay down this time.”

Hyomin smiled back a little, “yeah”.

There was silence for a few minutes before Hyomin broke it, “I don’t mean to bring anything bad back up, but how many humans have you killed?” It was something that had been bothering the demon for a long time.

Sunny frowned, “I don’t really know. Three I think.”

Hyomin nodded; it wasn’t as bad as it could have been. Still that was three lives that Sunny had ended.

“Can I ask you something?” Sunny asked; Hyomin nodded, “Have you ever killed anyone? I mean, I know you’re in this clan now, but was there ever a time when you killed?”

Hyomin shook her head, “No. I have come close a few times but that was when I was younger. After a while you just learn to control yourself.”

Sunny felt a pang of guilt.

The emotion must have shown on her face because Hyomin asked, “Are you okay?”

The vampire nodded, “Yeah, I’ll be okay.”

 

 

Sunny had drifted off to sleep once again, and Hyomin had started staring again. Her eyes kept wondering to the vampire’s lips; she wanted to kiss her so bad. She had before, too. But now the urge was getting to be too much.

Hyomin’s mind raced: just a little peck on her lips while she’s sleeping couldn’t hurt…

Hyomin leaned down and pressed her lips to Sunny’s.

Maybe she lingered too long, or maybe she had pressed their lips together a little too hard. Either way Sunny jolted awake.

“WOAH WOAH WOAH! What the hell do you think you’re doing!?” She asked with wide eyes.

Hyomin backed away and put up her hands in defense, “I’m sorry! I just couldn’t help myself I’ve missed kissing you so much and being near you!” The felathrope realized she had probably revealed too much and stopped talking.

The surprise on Sunny’s face was replaced with a slow smile, “So it was you, huh? You were the one I dated.” Hyomin nodded. “I can’t really say I’m surprised by that. I’ve seen the way you look at me and how nervous you get around me.”

Hyomin nodded sadly, “So now what?”

Sunny smiled, “I think, after I get to being a little bit more stable, we should go out on a date. Even though I don’t remember anything about before, you seem really nice and fun to talk to. I think we might be able to work something out, if that’s okay with you.”

Hyomin grinned and nodded her head, “That sounds amazing.”

 

 

It was a long while before Sunny was completely ready to go out and be around humans again, but here she was. Walking with Hyomin through a mall filled with humans after two long months of recuperation. During those months the two had grown close again through talking and laughing with each other. Sunny still didn’t remember anything about Hyomin from before, but now it didn’t really matter. Sunny could feel herself falling for the demon all over again. It felt like the first time.

Sunny gulped nervously as she took Hyomin’s hand in her own; there were so many people around, and she could smell them all. Hyomin saw the distressed look on Sunny’s face and asked if she was okay.

Sunny smiled and nodded, “I am. I can just smell them.”

“Do you want to leave?” Hyomin asked.

The vampire shook her head, “No I’ll be fine. It’s more annoying than anything. I can control myself.”

Their time at the mall went by too fast for both girls. They had ventured around the place for hours; playing in the arcade, shopping, eating, and more. But it was now minutes before closing time and the two had to leave. They went straight to The Number 9 after leaving.

 

 

They left the club around 4am; they were both exhausted. When they arrived at the T-ara mansion Sunny made an unusual request. “Hey, uhm, Hyomin… Would it be okay if I slept in your bed with you today?”

Hyomin raised her eyebrow, “Why?”

Sunny shuffled her feet, “Honestly, I just want to be close to you. I want to cuddle.”

Hyomin couldn’t help but smile, “Of course. Get your night clothes on and come to my room.”

Sunny grinned before rushing to her own room.

Hyomin went to her room to put on her own night clothes. She was excited but at the same time worried. She hadn’t had any full body contact with Sunny since before she was changed and Hyomin had missed it, but at the same time she didn’t know if she could keep her felathrope tendencies at bay.

Soon she heard a knock at her door and she answered. Sunny was on the other side in a cute matching PJ outfit. Hyomin smiled and motioned for her to come it.

Sunny flopped down on the bed and patted to spot beside her for Hyomin to lie down. Hyomin did just that. They both got under the covers and situated themselves, though they were still two feet apart. Hyomin took the initiative to scoot closer to Sunny. The vampire wrapped her arms around the taller woman and pulled her even closer.

Hyomin sighed; it felt so good to be cuddled up to Sunny again.

“Hyomin?” Sunny asked in a quiet voice.

“Yeah?”

There was a nervous edge to the vampire’s voice, “I uhm… I was wondering…  would you want to be my girlfriend.

Hyomin smiled and buried her face into the vampire’s neck as she squealed in excitement.

“Is that a yes?” Sunny asked.

Hyomin laughed, “Of course it’s a yes!”

Hyomin kissed Sunny lightly on the lips before snuggling back into her shoulder.

Hyomin felt so warm and happy. Then she felt a familiar sensation rise up in her; she began to pur.

“Are you… purring?” Sunny asked.

Hyomin nodded her head in embarrassment.

The vampire hugged Hyomin tighter, “That’s so adorable!”

The two fell asleep smiling.

 

 

AN: Ayyyy :D Finally, right? Sorry for the long wait for them to get back together. I hope it was worth it :] A few more updates and our long journey will be complete!

Thank you all my new and older subscribers, commenters, readers, and just everyone! 

Next update should be posted on the 27th-29th