Chapter 13: Trouble

Dangerous Love

                                                   6:00pm Taeyeon and Tiffany's apartment

Soyeon had informed the other felathropes of Qri's idea. They hadn't seemed too crazy for it at first, but accepted it as Soyeon explained more.

Now the felathrope leader stood in front of the slayer leader's apartment with Hyoyeon as her only support. She wouldn't lie; she was nervous; more nervous than she had been in a long time. Soyeon took in deep breath as Hyoyeon knocked on the door.

As soon as a woman dressed in pink answered the door Hyoyeon grabbed Soyeon's wrist, shoved passed the girl who answered the door and shut it behind her.

"Tiffany, where's Taeyeon?" Hyoyeon asked.

Before Tiffany could reply Taeyeon walked out of the kitchen, "what's up?". The leader of the slayers saw Soyeon and her demeanor immediately changed, "Why did you bring that monster into our home!?"

"She isn't a monster! Just hear her out!" Hyoyeon yelled.

"Not a monster my ! She kills humans! And she evidently did something to you to make you insane!"             

“The owners of The Number 9 don’t kill humans! Just listen to her!”

Taeyeon was about to yell again but Tiffany silenced her by talking first, “Okay; we’ll listen to her, but on one condition. We get to have our weapons out and ready against her.”

The proposal scared Soyeon, but she knew that there probably wasn’t going to be any other way that the two slayers would listen to her. She and Hyoyeon both nodded, and Taeyeon went to get their daggers.

Soyeon sat nervously between Taeyeon and Tiffany who both had daggers in hand and ready to strike if the demon were to try anything, while Hyoyeon was sitting in the chair chewing at her finger nails.

“So, what exactly do you want to say to us, demon?” Taeyeon asked as she glared at Soyeon.

Soyeon cleared , and talked confidently despite how scared she was, “Please, my name is Soyeon.”

She watched as both the slayers sneered, “I don’t think it really matters what your name is; what do you want?” Tiffany said.

Soyeon continued to try to sounds confident, “I know you’re a clan of slayers, and you have many misconceptions about demons. It’s not your fault; it’s just how you were trained. Not all demons harm humans to feed. In fact, all the members of my clan have never harmed or killed a human to feed. There are many clans of demons like my own.”

“Why should we believe you?” Taeyeon asked. Though she knew the demon was probably telling the truth. When Boram had fed from her it had actually been enjoyable, though she didn’t want to admit it. Then there was Hyoyeon and Qri’s relationship. Something in the slayer just didn’t want to believe it.

Soyeon shrugged, “I don’t know. I guess I can’t give you too much proof. But Hyoyeon can vouch for us. Qri has never harmed her.”

Tiffany looked at the demon suspiciously, “How do we know that this Qri hasn’t somehow enchanted Hyoyeon and is slowly going to feed off her until she dies?”

Soyeon bit her lip before saying, “Like I said, I can’t give you much proof.”

Taeyeon sighed grouchily, “Is that all you wanted? To tell us that some demons are good?”

The demon shook her head, “No, that’s not all. I wanted to propose something to you and your clan of slayers. Like a partnership, maybe?”

“What do you mean?” asked Tiffany.

Soyeon explained the details to them. Afterwards the two slayers looked at each other questioningly; not sure if they could trust this demon. After a few minutes of silence Taeyeon spoke up, “Once again; how can we trust you? This could just be a ploy to protect your demon friends.”

Soyeon shrugged, “There is still no way that I can prove to you that my motives are wholly good. You just have to trust me.”

Taeyeon ruffled her own hair and sighed, “This would be a big decision to make, and I’m not sure that all the girls would believe it or like it. Though you do seem trust worthy and for some reason I believe you. Let use talk to the others, okay? Then we’ll get back to you.”

Soyeon smiled and nodded, “Sounds good.”

 

                                                                8:00pm Taeyeon and Tiffany’s apartment

Taeyeon rubbed her temples and sighed. She had just talked with all the slayers (except Sunny who was still working) about what Soyeon had said and proposed. As the leader had suspected it turned into one gigantic argument. At first everyone was against it, then Taeyeon and Tiffany explain things; a few were for the idea, but most were still against it. In the end most had unwillingly agreed to try the partnership with the demons, but as soon as something went wrong they would cease it.

Tiffany rubbed her girlfriend’s back to comfort her. Taeyeon looked at her and gave a small smile, “why do these girls have to be so difficult?”

Tiffany laughed, “I don’t know. But you know you can be the same way.”

Taeyeon nodded while still smiling, “so can you. I guess we’re all like that, huh?”

Tiffany laughed, “Yeah.”

There was a moment of silence before Taeyeon face palmed and said, “…” Under her breath.

“What’s wrong?” Asked a very concerned Tiffany.

Taeyeon looked at her, “Sunny really isn’t going to like this, you know. I don’t know what we can do about it, though.”

Tiffany shrugged, “Until we find out if the felathropes are telling the truth or not I say we just don’t tell her. We’ll have to be kind of secretive, but it should work out.”

Taeyeon grimaced, “It’ll be difficult…”

Tiffany nodded, “It will, but I don’t want to see Sunny hurt over this, especially since it kind of involves Hyomin. I think it would be better to wait until we are for sure that these demons are as good as they say they are.”

Taeyeon nodded, “I guess you’re right.”

 

8:00pm the library

Kahi and Bekah crouched in the shadows and watched silently as their target locked the library's doors behind her. Seeing as there was no cars in the parking lot the vampires assumed that she was going to walk home.

"We could just get her now. No one's around and it’s dark enough." Bekah whispered to Kahi.

Kahi thought for a second, “let’s wait. If she goes into a more secluded area we’ll approach her then, but this area is a bit too public.”

They followed behind the unsuspecting danshin in the shadows and at a distance. After ten minutes of stalking the small girl Sunny walked along the bike path into a short but dark and empty tunnel that was under a busy bridge.

Kahi and Bekah grinned at each other knowingly; this is where they would strike.

Bekah jumped out of the shadows and tackled Sunny.

“What the!?!?” Sunny yelled before Kahi hit her over the head and knocked her out.

 

                                                                                8:30pm The Number 9

A wave of panic swept over Hyomin, “something is wrong with Sunny!” she thought. But the panic passed just as quickly as it came. Hyomin was left feeling confused. She shrugged it off and continued working.

 

                                                                9:30pm Kahi and Bekah’s mansion

Bekah had been watching Sunny silently since they had arrived home with her. The still sleeping girl’s hands and feet were both tied and she was on Bekah and Kahi’s bed. Bekah heard a quiet groan leave Sunny’s mouth, and she started to squirm in her bindings.

Bekah yelled for Kahi who came running into the room. The younger vampire smiled, “she’s acting like she’ll wake up soon.”

Sunny’s head hurt and she heard voices but couldn’t quite make out what they were saying. The last thing she remembered was someone jumping on her. She tried to move her arms but couldn’t; her heart beat sped up as she began to panic. It was then that she finally opened her eyes and saw two pretty, but cockily smiling faces that looked vaguely familiar. The slayer squinted her eyes some and thought about where she had seen them. She finally realized that one was Bekah, who she had seen once when she was out with Hyomin. The other was the vampire who had attacked her the night she had found out what Hyomin really was.

Kahi smiled even wider, “Wakey wakey little sunshine.”

Sunny sneered as she continued to struggle in her bindings, “Why am I tied up? What do you want?”

Kahi laughed, “I told you what I wanted from you before; don’t you remember?” Sunny gulpped, “I told you I wanted you to be my little pet. Well…” Kahi glanced at Bekah with a smile, “our little pet. I’m sure you’ve met Bekah before.”

Bekah grinned down at the girl, “It’s nice to see you again, Sunny. You’re adorable as always.”

Sunny glared at them both, “Did Hyomin put you two up to this?”

The two vampires looked at each other before laughing. A still chuckling Bekah spoke, “Oh no. Why would she? Soyeon’s little band of cats don’t believe in harming people. In fact, when Hyomin finds out that we’ve turned you she’ll go crazy!” The vampires broke out in laughter again.

Sunny looked at them; confused, “What do you mean by ‘they don’t believe in harming people’”?

“Oh, you don’t know?” Kahi said, “Well not all demons kill or hurt humans for food. Some, like Hyomin and her friends, have never hurt or killed anyone in the process of feeding. They definitely could, but they choose not to because they think it’s wrong.”

Sunny’s eyes grew large and realization swept over her. “Maybe Hyomin had loved me… Maybe I wasn’t just a meal to her. God I miss her so much; she’s not here to save me this time.” Sunny thought as tears began to flow from her eyes.

“I, for one, think its total bull. Demons are clearly superior to anything else. Humans exist solely for our food; we should rule over them. Not hide in the shadows.” Kahi finished and looked at Sunny with a smile and saw that the slayer was crying, “tears, huh? Are you crying because you realize that Hyomin isn’t the demon you thought she was? Or is it because you realize that soon you’ll be our cute little pet?”

Sunny didn’t answer. She just stared back at Kahi with contempt and disgust in her eyes.

Kahi looked at Bekah with a smile. Bekah smiled back and asked, “are you ready?” Kahi nodded eagerly in response.

It was something they always did when turning someone; biting them at the same time. They had figured this way they didn’t know which of them actually sired their pets so neither would feel like they had more claim over them. Though Kahi always seemed to in the end.

The two got on either side of Sunny’s neck; they ignored Sunny’s screams and struggling. Kahi started counting, “3, 2, 1” They both bit down and Sunny screamed louder than she ever had before.

 

                                                                                10:00pm The Number 9

Hyomin felt it as soon as it happened; though she didn’t realize exactly what she was feeling. All she knew was that it was the worst pain she had been in in her entire life. She yelled before collapsing to the floor behind the bar and spasming while groaning loudly. Eunjung quickly carried Hyomin up to the office to Soyeon.

Soyeon studied Hyomin; her face was covered in sweat, her muscles were tensed, and she was biting her lip. The leader asked, “Can you hear me, Hyomin?” The still spasming demon nodded. “What’s going on?”

Hyomin didn’t really know, and she couldn’t quite respond. She felt like there was something terribly wrong with Sunny. “It feels like… dying…” Hyomin thought dismally. But that didn’t make any sense. Sunny couldn’t be dying, and even if she was why would Hyomin be feeling it like this? But at this same time she just knew.

“Su-Sunny…”, Hyomin barely whispered.

“What about Sunny?” Asked Soyeon.

“Something is really wrong with her… ! This hurts so much!” Hyomin started the sentience calmly but ended it with a yelled. The pain was getting worse.

Deep concern immediately hit Soyeon. “If they’re connected like I think they are this could mean something very bad is happening to Sunny.”

The leader rushed to her phone to call Taeyeon.

 

                                                                10:30pm Kahi and Bekah’s mansion

Sunny’s body felt like it was literally on fire; every part of it. Her veins felt like lava was flowing through them, it felt like acid was eating through the lining of her stomach, her skin felt like she had the worst sunburn of her life, and her head felt like it was going to explode.

At some point after the two vampires had bitten her and the pain had started someone had begun to wipe down her body with cold water. The pain was blurring her senses so much that she couldn’t tell exactly who it was though. All she knew she that the cold liquid felt nice on her burning body. The person would occasionally say comforting things, but she couldn’t make out the words.

Even through the pain Sunny managed to think about what Kahi had said about Hyomin and the other owners not killing humans. “I should have let her explain. I shouldn’t have run away from her like I did. Maybe if I listened I wouldn’t be stuck in this situation. I do love her, and I miss her so much. I just want to be in her arms again…” After that thought everything went black.

 

                                                                                                10:45pm The Number 9

“Where the hell is she!?!?” Taeyeon yelled at Soyeon. Taeyeon, Tiffany, Seohyun, Sooyoung, and Hyoyeon had piled into the office at The Number 9 along with Soyeon, Qri, and Hyomin who was unconscious on the couch.

Soyeon tried to speak calmly, “I told you, I don’t know… All I know is that Hyomin and Sunny have this sort of… connection, and before Hyomin passed out she was going through some serious pain and saying that something was really wrong with Sunny.”

Taeyeon was about to yell again but Seohyun spoke before her, “What do you mean they have a connection?”

Soyeon explained.

Sooyoung sighed loudly before saying, “You’re telling me that Sunny and Hyomin are soul mates or some ? And they can tell and feel when the other is in danger?”

Soyeon nodded, “On the night that Sunny found out Hyomin was a felathrope a corrupt vampire named Kahi was attacking her. Hyomin felt that Sunny was in danger and was able to find her and save her.”

“Why was this vampire attacking Sunny, and how do you know her name?” Asked Seohyun.

Soyeon scratched the back of her neck nervously, “I used to date Kahi a long time ago. Back when she lived off of bagged blood and didn’t harm humans. But then she started to feed from humans and left her clan with another member, Bekah. Now they’re some of the most hated demons around because they don’t just turn humans and then let them run free; they turn humans and then keep them as their ‘pets’ it’s disgusting. Kahi has also set out to do anything she can to hurt my clan and me. I’m guessing that’s way she was after Sunny.”

There was a long silence before Seohyun spoke up, “what if they got Sunny? Because that would make sense… these vampires saw their chance to strike with minimal interference now that Sunny and Hyomin are broken up…”

Another silence; this time Sooyoung was the one to break it, “ing demons! I told you we couldn’t trust them! Because we got involved with them Sunny is either dead or turned. What do you recommend now, Miss Genius?” She yelled at Hyoyeon who looked rather shaken and on the verge of tears.

Qri rushed to her girlfriend’s side and wrapped her arms around her defensively, “How is this even our fault!? It’s not like we set this up!”

Sooyoung got inches away from Qri’s face and began to yell, “And exactly how do we know this isn’t a setup, huh?! You lure us in, make us think you’re good, then one by one you get your little friends to kill us or change us and every time you’re just like, ‘haha, opps. Not our fault.’ And you expect us to believe that !?”

Taeyeon joined in the screaming, “That was probably it all along huh!? Why didn’t I see it? All of you demons are nothing but liars who want things your own way. I can’t believe I fell for it!” The felathropes stood in confused silence; not knowing how to respond. “No comebacks huh? I guess Sooyoung got it right; you are a bunch of low life monsters! We’re leaving now and forget about contacting us. If this is all some trick and your little vampire friends have just captured Sunny, we’ll get her back. Let’s go, girls.”

Tiffany, and Sooyoung immediately left while Seohyun looked reluctant but followed suit. Hyoyeon on the other hand refused to leave Qri’s arms.

“What the hell are you doing Hyoyeon; they’re monsters and we’re leaving.” Sooyoung said as she looked at Hyoyeon questioningly.

Hyoyeon had a determined look in her eyes as she spoke, “I know they aren’t monsters, and whatever happened with Sunny isn’t their fault. If you guys can’t accept that and work together to find out what really happened, I’d rather stay with these so called monsters than with you.”

Taeyeon gritted her teeth in anger, “fine! Stay with them! Find out how selfish and conniving they really are! We’ll be ready for you to crawl back to us!” With that all the slayers, excluding Hyoyeon, left.

Hyoyeon looked at Soyeon with teary eyes, “It is okay if I stay with you guys until they come to their senses, right?”

Soyeon gave the slayer a gentle but sad smile, “Of course. Though I don’t think they will ever come to their senses.” 

 

                                                                                3:00am the graveyard

Taeyeon and the other slayers had been searching out demons all over the city and questioning them about where this vampire named Kahi lived before killing them. Tiffany had finally gotten the address from some naga demon. The slayers prepared themselves for a battle.

 

                                                                                4:00am Kahi and Bekah’s mansion

The slayers stood just outside of the gate to the mansion in the shadows. They were going over their plans via their telepathic link with one another. The slayers had also tried to reach Sunny using the link. They had sensed her presence (though they all agreed that it felt different in some way) but when they tried to contact her the slayers had all gotten an intense headache and no response from Sunny; it was something that they had never encountered before. They knew that they would be facing other vampires besides Kahi and Bekah because Soyeon had mentioned that they kept others that they had sired as “pets”. The slayers had predicted that even with it just being the seven of them that they could take on whatever “pets” there were and get Sunny.

They all jumped the tall fence and went to various points around the outside of the mansion. They split into three teams; Taeyeon and Tiffany in one, Yuri and Jessica in another, and then Seohyun, Sooyoung, and Yoona.

It was Yuri and Jessica who encountered vampires first. Four who had been outside pounced on the two girls while they tried to fight back. Yuri sent a telepathic message out to all the other slayers for help and they all rushed to aid the two women. One of the vampires saw the five other women storming towards them and yelled for help.

The fight lasted for about 15 minutes and ended in the slayers running away. All the slayers were wounded in some way or another, but Jessica, Taeyeon, and Sooyoung had the worst injuries. Jessica’s left arm had been broken, Taeyeon had a deep laceration that went across her back from her left shoulder to the right side of her hip, and Sooyoung had been knocked unconscious and was bleeding through a wound on the back of her head. Everyone else had suffered many cuts and bruises, but were otherwise okay.

The slayers ran away in silence, limping and carrying their wounded friends. Once they got into Taeyeon and Tiffany’s apartment they began to nurse their wounds.

 

Tiffany walked out of her and Taeyeon’s bedroom, where the freshly bandaged leader and Sooyoung were resting. Tiffany let out a sigh and looked at her friends who were busy bandaging themselves up in the living room in silence. Tiffany sat down in the chair and said, “I never knew there would be so many…”

Seohyun responded, “I don’t think any of us did. There had to have been at least 30 of them, not including the 10 or so that we killed.”

Yuri looked up from binding Jessica’s arm, “so what happens now?”

Tiffany shrugged, “I honestly have no clue.”

 

 

AN: I'm back! Things are seriously getting intense. I tried to make this chapter a little longer, but I was just so excited about getting it posted XD I know that the fight scene isn't even really a fight scene at all, I'm sorry about that. I did try to write it out in detail but it turned out to be more confusing than anything.

Thank you for everyone who has been sticking with the fic and giving me support! I'm really thankful to all of you! I'm also thankful to all the newer readers! You guys give me a lot of encouragement :]

Next update should be up  around the 2nd-4th