Prologue: Part 1

Dangerous Love

AN: This chapter will probably bore you out of your trees, but it gives a lot of background to the story. It's from Hyomin's POV. I tried to add a bit of her character into it.

 

 

Life was pretty simple for me before they came around. I lived day to day without any real problems knowing that nothing would change for the worse or better. Every day and night seemed like the same routine. I worked,  I fed, then I relaxed. some days the order might be different, or I may skip a step that day. But it was the same; more or less. I was happy with just having my clan around. Boram, Qri, Eunjung, Soyeon, and Jiyeon. We all live together happily. We even own and opporate our own club.

I have left out a small detail; we are a clan of demons. Though honestly I don't think any self respecting demons actually like being called demons. Our clan name is T-ara. Why? Not just because it's cute, and fits us, but because of the type of demons we are.  We are Felathropes. Think of us as were-cats . Although that's not exactly correct. We also need to feed, not off of blood (ugh, just the thought makes me want to barf) but on ual energy. We get the energy through some human bodily fluids . Namely saliva, , and l fluid. As you may have guessed we can get more energy from and l fluid than saliva.And before you start making assumtions, we don't meow at the full moon. We can turn whenever we please, it's kinda nice. But I will admit, the full moon tends to make us a bit rowdy.

We also don't change into an actual cat (how awesome would it be if we could though!?). We just get cat-like features when we change. Like tails, fur, pointed ears, sharp teeth, cat eyes, claws, cat like muzzles, and a few other things. It's pretty cool.

I guess now would be as good a time as any to mention that I'm a bit different than my clanmates. I'm not exactly a full Felathrope. My father is an incubus. So, in addition to feeding off of the ual energy from certain bodily fluids, I also out my victim's energy via their mouth. As well as have stronger powers of seduction (I can produce stronger hormones that make people want me, how awesome is that? Plus some other stuff). But, I hide them well.  If I just let them run wild everyone would be all over me. Instead I keep it well hidden and come off as a complete dork. And I can't just be a little seductive, It's an all or nothing deal. I typically only release my hormones when I'm getting ready to feed.

So aaaannnyyy waaaaay, I bet you're still wondering why our clan name is T-ara. Well, a female cat is called a queen, and what do queens wear? Tiaras! We added the dash in there because we thought it would be cute. Qri, and Boram thought of the name when we first were formed into a clan.

We aren't the only demons around (though we are amoung the few Felathropes in this country, it's just us and some of our parents). There are many bands of demons. Including vampires (they seem to be the most common), werewolves, witches, sirens, succubi and inccubi, hellraisers (they are the ugly red things with horns and tails that you usually think of when you hear the word "demon") and many others that I can't think of at the moment.

Then, of course, there are the slayers. We didn't have any bands of slayers in the area until very recently. They aren't just typical humans that decide to kill demons (in fact normal humans don't even know demons live amoung them). Slayers are special. They aren't exactly humans, but they are far from being demons. All slayers have incredable strength, smarts and agility. All are skilled with some weapon or another, tend to know how to mix potions and have very minor magical abilities.

Most slayers kill demons indiscriminately with little remorse, as they are usually taught. To them demons are nothing but dangerous pests. To most slayers it doesn't matter what type of demon you are, if you are even a threat to humans, it doesn't matter how long you have lived, how much you know, what you've accomplished in your life. Hell, if the president of South Korea was a demon they would kill them. All the good the president had done would mean little, they were a demon and had to be "dealt with". Admitedly, there are some very bad demons. Demons who kill for fun and multiple times a day, but they are usually taken care of by The Organization.

To clans of demons like mine though slayers are the real monsters. My clan is perfectly law abiding. Though we could easily kill humans or other demons by feeding or for simple sport, we don't. We feed only as much as necessary, and often so we aren't too hungry during our next feeding. Felathropes even give their "victims" pleasure! They don't know we are feeding off of them; all they feel is a huge ual high and then tiredness. All of my clan was trained from birth that humans are our friends. We even played with them growing up. we were taught early how to feed without harming who we were feeding from. Which is why Boram, Eunjung, Qri, Soyeon, Jiyeon, and I were all placed together.

I guess I should explain how we were placed and why. There is this big brother, type thing known as The Organization that makes sure the demons are in check. All demons are watched (it's really creepy, I know) and checked. An example would be if a demon has too many kills in an amount of time, or doesn't dispose of their kills correctly, The Organization would step in and "take care of" the demon. They also put us in groups where the demons are the same and share a common up bringing. They say it is to make sure we are safe and protected against any slayers that may be drifting around. There are always reasons for you to choose to leave a group and transfer into a new on or even out of any group. Marriage is usually a common reason.

I'm more than satisfied with my group, though. We rarely fight, and get along great! Plus, like I said before, we own our own club together. We've been together for a long time now (and when I say long I mean loooong. Like 1,000+ years) and none of us have any plans of leaving. I'd like to keep it that way.

Though we have been together for so long, we only got the club up and running about five years ago. We wanted to have somewhere that we could all work together and be our own bosses. The Number 9 (our club's name) was the result. We never really get bored with it. There is always someone for us to feed from, and it's open during the night-ish (7pm-4am). I mean, the sun light doesn't exactly hurt us, and we do have to go out in it, we just like the night better.

The Number 9 isn't exactly exclusive, we let most people in. We still keep a few bouncers around just to make sure everyone is at least 18 and that no rough housing happens. Honestly, we could just break apart fights and thrown people out ourselves, but it would look a bit suspicious to the humans that go there. The club is also a great way to hear about any new demons in town, and things like that.

Truly, my life was 100% what I wanted it to be. Not too much drama amoung my clan mates (though there is always a little, you'll learn about that later), no troubles feeding, no problems with The Organization, no slayers to ruin things. The perfection of it all made me feel invincible. Until they came.