SM's Diva: Kim Heechul

For You, Anything... And Everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi, all! Here's the next chapter!

“Is something wrong?” Yunho frowned as he surveyed Changmin.

The TVXQ duo were just finishing up with a photoshoot. The photographer had just shown them the final shots and all the pictures had turn out to be very satisfying. So Yunho and Changmin were now packing up their things and getting ready to leave the studio.

“Why do you ask?” Changmin asked quietly, looking up at Yunho has he packed his stuff. “Hasn’t my work today been up to its usual notch?” He raised a questioning eyebrow.

His boyfriend quickly shook his head. No, it wasn’t that. Changmin had done very well as usual today. And what was bothering Yunho isn’t really something that’s probably work-related.

Yunho hadn’t been unable to shake off the feeling that something was up with Changmin. Ever since yesterday morning.

“No, it’s not that,” Yunho muttered, looking down again and keeping his eyes fixed on his own bag. “You’ve just been… a bit… absentminded… today.”

Because when he wasn’t looking at the camera and posing, Changmin had this faraway look in his eyes. And the younger man might think that his boyfriend didn’t notice it, but Yunho actually did.

“Oh… I was just thinking about some… stuff,” Changmin said evasively.

Yunho frowned as he continued to fix his things. No matter what people might say about their relationship if they knew that Yunho’s feelings still belonged to someone else, Yunho really did care very deeply about Changmin and didn’t want him upset.

“Do you want to go out and eat? And then, maybe go see a movie or just walk around and look in some shops?” Yunho offered in an attempt to distract Changmin from what was bothering him, at least, since it seemed like the maknae wasn’t ready to talk about whatever it was yet. “We have the rest of the day free, after all…”

“Oh… I can’t. I have to go meet a couple of friends. I said I’d go straight to meet them after our photoshoot…”

“But didn’t you just meet with Kyuhyun yesterday?” Yunho asked, raising an eyebrow.

That had Changmin scowling at him. “I have other friends other than Kyuhyun, you know!”

Yunho had to suppress his laughter. Now that was more like the Changmin that he knew. Even when they became a couple, Changmin was still the snarky, evil maknae to him and didn’t hold back in calling out on Yunho’s bull.

“Alright, then,” Yunho chuckled a bit.

Then, he suddenly pulled Changmin towards him and hugged the life out of him, startling the younger man.

“W-what was that for?” Changmin gasped when Yunho loosened his arms around him a bit and he was able to breathe again.

“Nothing,” Yunho shrugged. Then, he added in a more quiet voice, “You know that you can talk to me about anything, right, Changmin-ah?”

And he pressed his lips against Changmin’s.

Changmin kissed him back for a while before gently pulling away.

“I have to go… I’m already late for meeting my friends…”

He gave Yunho a small smile, some strong emotion in his eyes that Yunho couldn’t name.

After the door of their dressing room shut behind Changmin, Yunho fell back on the sofa.

“Argh,” he groaned loudly, rubbing his face and pulling at his hair.

He loved Changmin. He cared for Changmin. Really, he did.

It’s not like he was totally lying about that.

So why did he still feel like the most horrible person on the face of the planet?

“I don’t know what to do anymore,” Yunho mumbled miserably to himself.

He couldn’t do this alone anymore. He needed help.

Yunho reached into his pocket for his phone and called #3 on his speed dial (#2 was Changmin; #1 still remained empty long after Yunho had deleted a certain someone’s number).

The phone on the other end rang, and Yunho waited with bated breath for its owner to pick up.

He wondered if what he was doing was the right thing to do, because surely that person would chew him out. But what if that was what Yunho needed right now? To be chewed out?

Either way, Yunho didn’t get a chance to think twice and hung up, because someone already answered it.

“Why if it isn’t the Jung Yunho!” the person on the other end cackled as a way of greeting Yunho. “What could be up with the god of SM that’s he’s actually calling good, ol’ me?”

“Listen, Heechul, I need to talk to you. It’s really important…”

“So what is it that’s so important that you came rushing here to me?” Heechul asked as he led Yunho into the apartment of Super Junior. “I mean, I was just about to catch up on my beauty sleep, you know. So I’d really like to know very much why it’s being interrupted…”

“I did call to ask if you were free,” Yunho pointed out as he followed Heechul into the kitchen.

“As if I could have refused you,” Heechul rolled his eyes. “The way you sounded on the phone a while ago… I almost thought you were in a life-or-death situation…”

“It’s not really far off from that,” Yunho muttered quietly.

Heechul raised his eyebrows at him and wordlessly gestured for Yunho to take a seat, which Yunho obeyed. Heechul sat opposite Yunho. He rested his arms on the dining table and leaned forward, looking straight into Yunho’s eyes.

“Alright, then, Mr. Jung. Hit me with it.”

“I love him.”

Heechul scoffed and rolled his eyes, looking incredulously at Yunho. “You interrupted my beauty sleep just for this? Just for you to tell me that you love Changmin? Don’t you think I know that already? Seriously, Yunho, you two have been all over each other the past year and a half. I mean, I’m surprised the fans haven’t caught you red-handed yet. So, why do you think I wouldn’t know that you love Changmin? This isn’t news for me!”

Yunho looked down, squirming in his seat, causing Heechul to frown. That wasn’t exactly the response from the Dong Bang Shin Ki leader that he had been expecting at all.

“What?” Heechul questioned insistently, sensing that something was out of place with Yunho.

“No… it’s not that… I still love him…”

“What?” Heechul asked, now looking bewildered. “What do you mean by ‘still’? I wasn’t aware that there was a point you’ve claimed to have stopped loving Changmin.”

Yunho didn’t answer him and just looked away, making Heechul even more confused.

Then, suddenly, Heechul seemed to have seen something in Yunho’s eyes. Which made him realize what Yunho’s really talking about.

And the force of it felt like it was as though the Super Junior member had been hit by a huge truck instead.

“We- we’re not talking about... Changmin… right now, are we?” Heechul said slowly. Hesitantly. Disbelievingly.

Still looking away from Heechul, Yunho nodded.

Heechul swallowed a few times, before he managed to say in barely more than a whisper, “J-Jaejoong?”

Yunho nodded again, this time more slowly.

The Super Junior member just looked at him blankly for a few seconds, before he started shrieking at the top of his lungs.

“What?! You still love Jaejoong?! What?! How can this be?! Why?! Yunho, I can’t believe you-!”

“Calm down!” Yunho said loudly, alarmed by Heechul’s reaction. Well, he was alarmed, but not really surprised. He wouldn’t be Heechul without all the drama and theatrics, after all. “Do you want your members to hear this? Because I certainly don’t!”

Yunho looked around over his shoulder to the kitchen entrance, as though expecting the other Super Junior members to suddenly come running in to check on what’s causing the racket.

This made Heechul roll his eyes. “Give me some credit, Jung. I kicked them all out the moment you called me… But, if I may ask, why don’t you want them to hear about this?”

“Are you nuts?” Yunho was now the one incredulous. “Leeteuk? Donghae? Kyuhyun? I’ll never make it out of here alive if they hear that! Especially when it comes to your maknae!”

“I wouldn’t blame them,” Heechul shot back evenly. “Enlighten me, Yunho. How? How can you still love Jaejoong? I mean, how did your love for him suddenly resurface? How can you love him again, after all this years of pain and separation? You haven’t been seeing him again, have you?” Heechul added sharply in the end, his eyes narrowing dangerously.

“Of course, I haven’t! I haven’t seen any of the three since the day they left our dorm!” Yunho quickly denied.

“Then, what brought it all back again? Yunho, he left you! I haven’t forgotten when Changmin went to us the day after they left, unable to take it anymore, telling us how you’ve almost been down on your knees begging Jaejoong not leave! But he still left you! And you’ve been mad and hurt about that and about how they just left the group! And now you tell me that you love him?”

“He was also begging me to go with them,” Yunho mumbled quietly, looking down.

“That’s beside the point!” Heechul snapped. “So you’ve been begging each other! But, in the end, neither of you gave in to the other! He caused you pain when he left. And, just for the sake of being fair, you also caused him pain when you didn’t go with them. Everyone’s been hurt, but  everyone’s trying to move on from the past now. Why are you suddenly rushing to me to tell me you love him? Why is your love for him resurfacing again? I mean, what triggered it? You haven’t seen him for years. You haven’t had any contact with the three of them, at all. Why is the love back again?”

“I think you’re the one missing my point, Heechul…” Yunho sighed, tangling his fingers

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter