Breaking the News

For You, Anything... And Everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Uhm, heya. Erm, if anybody's still here, that is...

...so yeah, the prodigal author who has not updated for more than half a year has finally returned with sincerest apologies and new updates.

I've just graduated from college a few days ago, and so I'm now "free" (meaning I'm now technically part of the 'unemployed' and am currently looking for work). So, while I'm still "free", I'll take advantage of it and finally get around to finishing updates to stories.

For this new chapter, the other SM artists are also present! Check out their reactions, as well as our duo's, when the announcement is given! :D

“I wonder what’s going on?” Yunho asked out loud as he and Changmin walked down the corridor to the meeting room.

The TVXQ duo had just finished a photo shoot and their manager had all but thrown them into the car and broke every traffic rule in existence to get them quickly to the SM building. When Yunho had incredulously inquired as to whether or not their manager was trying to get all three of them killed, the man had simply answered that there was a sudden and urgent meeting announced by the president. All the idol groups had to be present, and Yunho and Changmin were already late.

Thankfully, they arrived in one piece, so here they were now, hurrying towards the meeting room where the other artists and groups such as Super Junior, Shinee, SNSD, and so on are already gathered.

“What do you think, Min?” Yunho asked Changmin, glancing sideways at the younger man.

Changmin just shrugged.

But it wasn’t because he didn’t know. It was just because he couldn’t let Yunho see that he already knew. Because how would he be able to explain how he knew before the announcement was made to the idols? It would look very suspicious.

Oh, yes, Changmin knew exactly what was going on. Why the president had called for the meeting. It was all going according to Changmin’s plan, after all. It was now time to announce that-

Dong Bang Shin Ki is returning as five.

As he and Yunho walked through a pair of double doors into the meeting room, Changmin braced himself for the chaos that would be brought by the changes about to happen, along with everyone else’s reaction to these said changes.

“Oh, good, you’re here!” Leeteuk greeted the duo brightly as they walked into the room. All the other idols in the room followed in calling out “hey!”s to them.

Yunho and Changmin saw that the usual long meeting table and the black leather chairs surrounding it were removed from the room and replaced with plastic chairs that seemed to be grouped together per idol group and arranged so that they form a circle. The room in itself is actually quite big and spacious, but now that every idol of SM was crammed inside it, it seemed awful small and jam-packed instead.

“You’re late for the big- meeting,” Heechul sniffed as Yunho and Changmin sat down the two seats set aside for them right beside the group of many chairs occupied by the Super Junior members.

“We arrived as quick as we can,” Yunho rolled his eyes at Heechul’s divaness. “You should have seen the way manager hyung speeded to get us here. I thought we’d end up either dead or arrested. Or both… Anyway, do you guys have any idea what the hell’s going on?” the TVXQ leader repeated his earlier question.

“Not a clue,” Kangin shrugged in reply from his place at the second row of seats for Super Junior. “I mean, the last time they brought all the idols together for a meeting was way back when…” Kangin then paused for a second, looking confused. “Well, to be honest, now I don’t recall them ever bringing all of us together for a meeting. A rehearsal or a photo shoot, yeah, but not one of these stuffy, business-y meetings…”

“I know, right? It’s so odd,” Sungmin piped up from the back row. “If they need representatives of idols, they usually just ask the leaders to come… But now… They, like, ordered everyone to come…”

“Yeah, good point-“ Yunho began to say, the frown on his face even deeper, but he was cut off by Heechul.

“What are you two es glancing at each other for?!” Heechul suddenly demanded loudly, gaining the attention of everyone in the room. The diva was looking back and forth Changmin and Kyuhyun suspiciously.

Changmin was sitting at Yunho’s right. Kyuhyun was in the middle row of the Super Junior seats, surrounded by the mass that was his many group members. And the two maknaes have been exchanging knowing looks since the TVXQ duo had been seated a few minutes ago.

The moment Super Junior’s manager called their group to say that they were needed in an urgent meeting, Kyuhyun knew right away that it had something to do with his best friend’s plan. And the silent conversation that he had just been exchanging with Changmin before Heechul oh so rudely interrupted confirmed that. And so the Super Junior maknae was the only other person in the room apart from Changmin who knows the seriousness of the meeting. Life for everyone in SM is about to be rocked and shaken once again.

“What else do you expect them to be doing?” Kangin now rolled his eyes. “They’re probably plotting about world domination and/or making our lives hell. As usual.” Then, he glared at the two maknaes.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, hyung,” Kyuhyun said immediately, putting on an innocent and hurt look on his face. “Are you insinuating that Changmin and I are something other than the pure, kind, and angelic souls that we are?”

Every idol in the room (apart from Changmin) snorted at those words.

“Demonic souls, more like!” Eunhyuk huffed. He was still sore about how their maknae had ruined his favorite pair of shoes and socks in just one go when Kyuhyun put sticky glue in the shoes and Eunhyuk unwittingly put them on.

“Hear, hear!” Siwon murmured in agreement. He was sitting next to Kyuhyun and nervously made the sign of the cross.

“Seriously, though,” Kangta interrupted from the other side of the room. “Now’s really not the time for any pranks and the like, Kyuhyun, Changmin.”

“Why so uptight, old man?” Heechul smirked.

Kangta just rolled his eyes at the jibe. “I’m serio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter