Epilogue

For You, Anything... And Everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: First, I’d like to take this chance to welcome Jaejoong back. The first of DB5K to come back from the army. WELCOME BACK, JAE!

Now, we’ve finally reached the Epilogue of this story! I hope you guys re-read the Prologue as preparation, yes? :3

Please read this reminder BEFORE proceeding with reading this chapter: To avoid confusion, I’d like to clarify beforehand that I’ve integrated the Prologue into the Epilogue. :D The gray parts indicate that the text is from the Prologue.

Enjoy! :D

On top of a mound of white, fluffy clouds, several angels stood together in a group. Each of them looked like how a person would typically picture an angel to be: long, white robes, curly hair, bright eyes, and a harp in hand.

Only… one of them looked close to tears, another was looking anxious, and the last angel wore a displeased scowl on his face.

Not exactly a typical sight to see in Heaven.

Aren’t angels supposed to be happy and joyful and cheerful fellows and all that? And what could even cause such distress in Heaven, after all? Wasn’t it supposed to be a peaceful paradise?

The angel who was close to tears – hysterical and despairing tears – would beg to argue about that statement, though. Recently, Heaven’s been anything but peaceful. He could very much attest to that fact – especially since this angel currently had some kind of goo all over his hair.

“Where did he even find goo in Heaven?” he cried, trying to wipe away the goo but only managing to get his hands sticky as well. “Why do we even have goo in Heaven?!”

“There, there,” the second angel said sympathetically, patting the first angel’s back in an attempt to comfort.

However, the last angel, wearing a scowl on his face, snorted. “I think the better question is how did he even end up in Heaven?” He was annoyed and grumpy because his harp (and harps were very precious to angels) that he was holding had broken strings. Now, just who could have possibly cut them? (And yes, that was a rhetorical question from the last angel.) He was an angel; he didn’t have “the patience of a saint.” And really, the evil demon tested the patience of everyone up here.

Then, all the three angels (as well as all the other angels within a 50-mile radius) cringed and shuddered as they heard a loud, evil cackle.

To be honest, Changmin totally didn’t expect to end up in Heaven.

You’d think that a lifetime of being a snarky, evil demon to his hyungs would give him a place in Hell. But apparently, sacrificing his life to save another gave him a place up here instead. It was a blow to his ego – he could only imagine how Kyuhyun would taunt him for ending up in Heaven, if the Super Junior maknae found out. His best friend would surely call Changmin a disgrace to the name of “evil maknae.”

All things considered, though, being in Heaven was actually okay.

It wasn’t boring, at least. Changmin’s definitely found many ways to entertain himself up here. *insert evil smirk here* He’s even found new victims slaves friends in the angels here.

Heaven was a reward for those who’ve been good in life, and that meant that they can have whatever they want here. Even if those were whoopee cushions, permanent markers, thumbtacks, or even goo. Some of the basic tools for a pranking, evil maknae. Changmin had an unlimited supply of materials here!

Also, he’s managed to scare convince the angels into cooking feasts for him every meal time (and even for in-between snacks). It was a good thing that it was Heaven and that there would never be food shortage here, as they now have a food monster resident. The angels didn’t cook as well as Jaejoong, of course, but they did well enough to satisfy Changmin’s hunger, at least (well, they had to cook well if they didn’t want to suffer the wrath of the evil maknae).

The angels could cry and complain, but there was nothing else to be done about it.

Changmin was there to stay.

For the rest of eternity.

(“We’ll be together forever!” Changmin had told them, even giving his trademark evil smirk. The angels’ eyes had widened at that, and they had run screaming for their lives.)

So, all in all, Changmin was having a blast in Heaven.

Right now, he was in the laundry room, replacing the boxes of detergent powder with those of itching powder instead. Just as he had finished with his newest prank project, the door opened, and a scared-looking angel entered.

“Sir, Mr. Changmin, sir!” the angel said squeakily, bowing low in front of Changmin

Yep, Changmin’s only been here a short time, but he already has everyone “well-trained” indeed.

“Hello,” Changmin smiled.

Well, it was a smile to him, but the angel obviously saw an evil threat behind the seemingly innocent smile. The angel shuddered.

“S-Sir, you might want to look at the pool right now, sir. It’s showing some people you knew, sir,” the angel explained hastily. Then, he sprinted out of the room. He just wanted to get as far away from Changmin as possible. He didn’t even ask what Changmin was doing in the laundry room; he just knew it would be nothing good for sure.

Changmin’s eyebrows went up.

The pool that the angel was referring to was a kind of shallow pond in the gardens. It served as a way for people in Heaven to view the loved ones they left behind. Occasionally, it also showed images on its own when things get interesting down in Earth.

Changmin glanced around the laundry room one last time, surveying his handiwork, and then he headed out. The angels that he passed along the way all bowed low at the sight of him.

Out of fear, of course.

‘I’ve still got it,’ Changmin smugly thought

 Well, he only thought the words, but there was also an accompanying evil smirk which manifested outwardly. The angels went scurrying for cover at the sight of it.

Soon enough, Changmin reached the pool. And was a bit surprised at what he saw.

The cemetery.

His own grave.

And Yunho and Jaejoong heading towards it.

His heart gave a dull ache. He was happy in Heaven, but that didn’t mean he didn’t badly missed the family and friend he left behind. And Yunho…

Always Yunho.

Making a quick decision, Changmin looked around the gardens and saw an angel tending the flower beds. How they even have flower beds on clouds, Changmin will never understand. He personally thought flaming pits would be more attractive… But, anyway…

“Yah!” Changmin called out to the angel.

The angel looked up with surprised eyes… and the surprise quickly turned to fear when she saw that it was Changmin calling out to her.

“Tell the lead angel I’m going down for a while, okay?” Changmin said.

“Sir, yes, Mr. Changmin, sir!” the angel immediately nodded.

“I should be back for lunch, though,” Changmin added, rubbing his chin thought

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter