Aftermath

For You, Anything... And Everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Here’s the next chapter! More insight on the reactions and feelings after the announcement of DBSK’s reunion in this one. It’s divided into 3 parts, in the perspectives of Yunho, Jaejoong, and finally Changmin.

Hope you enjoy! :)

YH PoV

At the back of Yunho’s mind, he noticed that all the staff of the show were mildly annoyed at this point, but they were mainly just concerned. They’ve all worked with Yunho before but he had never been like this, after all.

He also noticed Changmin, from where the younger was being instructed by the PD at the other side of the set, shooting strange looks at him.

Their manager was currently in the midst of making explanations and excuses at the sidelines. Unknown to Yunho, the man was internally wishing he could strangle the president of the company. What on earth was Lee Soo Man thinking when he made that kind of announcement in the middle of a day filled with busy schedules. No wonder his idols were so out of it today!

Of course, all of this was just at the back of Yunho’s mind. Noticed, but not really given much importance.

The larger part of the leader’s mind was blank at the moment.

All day long, what happened in the meeting kept replaying over and over again in Yunho’s mind.

The leader used to pride himself for maintaining his sense of professionalism at all times, at all costs. No matter the circumstances, when he was doing work, he was able to clear his mind and focus on just that work. All sadness, all uncertainties, all worries, all tiredness- they had no place at work and Yunho had always been good at clearing his mind from those kinds of distractions.

He was now ashamed to say that, for the first time ever, this was not the case.

Well, at least he probably would have been ashamed if he was able to concentrate enough to actually feel ashamed.

Yunho could not even get the choreography right for their performance in this TV show. And it was just simple choreography, not like the complex dance stunts he’s known for performing. He could not even get simple dance steps right now! Dance steps that he’s learned and memorized a long time ago! He was lucky it’s just a recording and not live. That at least allowed for cuts and reshoots. Cuts and reshoots all due to him right now. But for all the cuts and reshoots they did, he just can’t seem to get the performance right.

Another hour of pointless attempts to shoot passed by, before the angry director finally lost his temper and just called for a rescheduling of “this goddamn hopeless shoot!”. The manager, Yunho, and Changmin all bowed and muttered profuse apologies.

Well, the manager and Changmin bowed and apologized.

Yunho had the stunned look on his face still. The manager had to actually put his hand at the back of Yunho’s head and make him bow.

When they got the dressing room, the manager himself had to dig out Yunho’s street clothes from his bag and shove them into Yunho’s arms.

Yunho just stood there, still as a statue, clothes hanging limply from his arms.

The manager stared. Then, let out a wail of despair. He pushed Yunho right into a dressing cubicle and closed the hangings behind the stunned leader. He prayed Yunho manage to get his bearings, because he absolutely had no intention of dressing the idol! That totally wasn't part of his job description!

In the dim cubicle, still only one thing was running across Yunho’s mind- ‘Did that really happen?!’

Yunho could have sworn that he was put in a meeting with Changmin and- and- and the three of them.

But that was impossible!

That couldn’t have happened! He couldn’t be expected to work with- with- with them again, can he?! For all his assurances to Heechul earlier that they were professionals and that they would do any job required of them by the company, Yunho was not sure if could handle this.

Handle being with them again.

Handle being with him again.

Yunho might have finally admitted the truth to himself and to Heechul some time ago – that he only loves Changmin as a brother and a friend, that he was still in love with him after all this years of separation and pain. But that did not mean that he was ready to see him again! To work with him again! To be in the same group again!

He, along with Yoochun and Junsu, left him and left Dong Bang Shin Ki. And now Yunho’s expected to be his leader again?!

Yunho finally moved in his own accordance. He dropped to the floor, leaning against the wall, burying his face in his hands.

What on earth was he supposed to do?!

Heechul had told him to stop stringing Changmin along and break-up with the maknae already. Yunho still hasn’t been able to that. And now Jaejoong is suddenly thrown into the equation as well?!

He still loves Jaejoong, yes.

But he was still hurt and angry and bitter.

JJ PoV

JYJ was sitting in the back of their limo with their manager, stuck in traffic as they made their way back to C-Jes after the meeting from hell at their old company.

“That could have gone better,” Junsu muttered idly, shivering a bit as he remembered the piercing glares directed at them in that meeting room.

“It could hardly have gone much worse,” Yoochun pointed out.

“Of course it could have,” the manager retorted. “I thought you wouldn’t be walking out alive from that room! What the management was thinking letting you have that announcement with all your old co-workers…” The man shook his head in dismay.

“Are you alright, hyung?” Junsu asked timidly, looking at Jaejoong who hasn’t said a word since they left the SM building. The eldest’s eyes were still red and teary.

“You only have to work with all of them for the SM Town. You won’t have to be exposed to all the anger of all those idols for long. Just until the SM Town concert,” the manager comforted Jaejoong. “After that, you’ll only be with… with Yunho and Changmin again…” he trailed off.

“I think that’s the part that’s bothering him the most,” Yoochun muttered.

Jaejoong nodded stoically. He hadn’t been bothered by all the glares from the other SM idols. In fact, he had met each and every glare. Anger, he could deal with. What he couldn’t deal with was-

“Did you see him hold Changmin’s hand on their way out?” Jaejoong whispered, his voice pained as he refused to meet any of their eyes, focusing his gaze on the window instead.

The manager, Yoochun, and Junsu all exchanged wary and worried looks. None of them knew what to say.

“Did you hear him call Changmin- call Changmin- cal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter