The Best Friend Is The Best Support

For You, Anything... And Everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi, all!

Here's the next chapter! I hope you guys like it :)

3rd person PoV

The Super Junior members were having a dance rehearsal when a cellphone suddenly started ringing loudly, making the idols stop their movements in surprise and effectively ruining that round of practice.

“How many times have I said to turn your phones off during practice?!” the leader Leeteuk couldn’t help shout in frustration. It was one of his pet peeves.

s all cringed, sincerely hoping it wasn’t theirs that had rung.

All except Kyuhyun.

The maknae of Super Junior just left his spot on the dance floor and strode casually towards the side of the studio where their bags were, passing right by a glaring and red-faced Leeteuk. Kyuhyun dug around in his bag and unearthed his still ringing phone.

“Cho Kyuhyun!” Leeteuk bellowed. “Turn that infernal thing off and get your back here!”

‘Obedient’ as ever, Kyuhyun just straightened up again and answered his phone. “Hello?”

The other Super Junior members that were around their fuming leader started edging away from him. Kangin, however, just placed a hand on Leeteuk’s shoulder and said with a smile, “C’mon, Leeteuk. You know how ‘well’ that boy ‘listens’.”

Kangin carried on calming the leader, rubbing his back and saying things like “stressing out is damaging to your good looks, Teukkie…” And Leeteuk was already on the verge of finally letting go of his temper when they all distinctly heard Kyuhyun say to his phone:

“…are you sure it’s really important?... as in, right now?... alright, alright, keep your hair on! I’ll leave now. I’ll meet you there in about 15 minutes.”

Leeteuk sputtered angrily when he heard that.

“What the hell do you mean ‘you’ll leave right now’?!” the Super Junior leader shouted at the maknae who had ended his phone call and was busying himself gathering his things.

“It was Changmin,” was all that Kyuhyun said casually as an explanation as he hurried past his fuming leader. And it really should be enough for an explanation.

“I don’t care whoever it is that’s summoning you right now! This practice is not over and-!” Leeteuk began to shout at Kyuhyun’s back as he made to leave the studio.

“Hyung, don’t,” Donghae now stepped in. “It’s Changmin, didn’t you hear?”

“And so?” Leeteuk demanded, now turning to his other member.

But the rest of s were in agreement with Donghae.

“Think, hyung,” Eunhyuk said. “Cho Kyuhyun. Shim Changmin. Evil maknaes. Plotters of world domination. Remember? You don’t want to get in their way.”

Leeteuk stared at Eunhyuk for a moment, then looked at the other Super Junior members who were nodding earnestly in agreement with that. Nobody wants to mess with the plans of those two evil maknaes. No one who knew what’s good for himself, at least.

“Right. Of course,” Leeteuk finally said with a defeated sigh, and they all just watched as Kyuhyun loudly banged the door close behind him.

“Say that again?” Kyuhyun said to Changmin incredulously, not able to believe that his best friend had just said the words that Kyuhyun thought he had heard him say.

Changmin and Kyuhyun were in a private booth in a very upscale and very exclusive café- their usual meeting place when they didn’t want to be disturbed or overheard. You know, when they’re doing “heart-to-heart talks”. Or plotting the demise of someone. Or both.

Changmin sighed and rubbed his face roughly with his hands.

“I need to get Dong Bang Shin Ki united again,” he muttered quietly, a faraway look in his eyes.

Kyuhyun cursed inwardly. So he hadn’t mistaken what he thought he had heard Changmin say.

“You mean, as –as- five again?” Kyuhyun couldn’t help but stupidly question, shocked as he was.

“No, as seven again,” Changmin said sarcastically, shooting Kyuhyun a nasty look. “Of course I meant as five! You know what, sometimes I wonder why you’re my best friend! You know how I hate dealing with idiotic people, and as smart and evil genius as you may be, you’re quite prone to idiotic tendencies!”

Kyuhyun forgot his shock for a moment and glared at Changmin for the insult.

“Hey! You do quite idiotic stuff too, you know!”

Changmin was about to argue this point, but stopped abruptly. He swallowed loudly and said, “Yeah, I do.”

That had Kyuhyun raising his eyebrows. That wasn’t something you heard from Shim Changmin every day. That alerted the Super Junior member at once that something was really wrong with his friend right now.

“You mean like your sudden, irrational desire just now to bring Dong Bang Shin Ki together again?” Kyuhyun asked pointedly, going back to the matter of their meeting.

Changmin nodded, sighing deeply.

“If you’re acknowledging that it is idiotic, then, why are you doing this?” Kyuhyun questioned, his eyebrows furrowed together in concentration, trying to figure out what was going on in the mind of his best friend.

“For Yunho,” Changmin answered without hesitation, looking straight into Kyuhyun’s eyes.

That just made Kyuhyun even more confused.

“For Yunho? What, don’t tell me that he suddenly expressed the desire to be with those three again?”

Because as far as Kyuhyun knew, Yunho had been pretty torn up about the group’s break-up, and still was. And no one was about to say that Yunho had been seemingly acting as though he’s missing the three, because the Dong Bang Shin Ki leader had been avoiding anything whatsoever that had to do with them, from interview questions asked by pesky reporters to even just seeing advertisements done by the three when he was walking along a street.

“Well, no. But… I just know that’s what he wants, even if he himself hasn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter