Chapter 10

SM Boarding School

 

Eyes wide opened, hands shaking, heart beating faster than ever. Donghae was sweating and he was breathing heavily and loudly. Time was passing by torturously slow. He wanted to have someone there, anyone; his hyung, Kibum, Siwon, Ryeowook anyone. But he couldn’t call anyone at this hour and he couldn’t wake Siwon up with the excuse that he was being scared. But it didn’t matter anyway since he was too scared to even move. He imagined someone standing there, outside his tent, waiting for him and he could swear he heard steps walking around his tent. He was cowering, his knees up to his chest; making himself as small as possible. He closed his eyes hard and used his hands to cover his ears. 
 

~ * ~


Donghae woke up when sunshine entered the tent as someone ped it. He slowly opened his eyes, feeling the heavy weight in his chest leave as he realized it was daylight. Eunhyuk was the guilty one for letting the sunshine in, and he was now packing his clothes. He glanced over at Donghae for a split second but then completely ignored him and hurried up to pack his things and leave.

After giving the teacher their assignments all students entered the big familiar bus, everyone almost cheering since they were on their way home.As soon as Donghae sat down on the seat, again taking the seat closest to the window, he almost immediately fell asleep. He felt safe with the sun shining bright and Eunhyuk sitting close beside him. He wanted to sleep away all his present problems.


When arriving the teacher told the students that he had talked to the principal and he had given them the day off, since they had spent their weekend on this trip. As soon as they got off the bus Donghae asked Siwon if he could get his bags too, since he needed to go to the nurse. After falling that day in the forest he had been a little worried of his wrist, since it was still hurting, so he had decided to go and talk to the nurse. Siwon told him that of course he would take Donghae’s things, without asking why Donghae wanted to go to and see the nurse.

The nurse assure Donghae that his wrist was still like it was before and if he didn’t overstrain it it would heal in no time and he would not have to use the bandage anymore. Donghae nodded, thanked and left. At least he hadn’t got yet another problem to think of now that he knew that his wrist was in a good way of healing.

After that he walked straight to the boys’ dorm, for the first time ever longing for his room. “You survived.” was the first thing Siwon said when Donghae entered their shared room. He was probably not referring to the visit at the nurse’s room, but at the whole trip.

“Barely.” Donghae replied, taking his jacket and shoes off before walking over to carelessly fall down on Siwon’s brown arm chair. He was quiet, too quiet to be the usual Donghae.

“Nothing happened right?” 

Donghae shook his head. “She said it was okay. It’ll probably heal pretty –”

“I mean with Eunhyuk.”

Donghae almost chuckled out loud. “Nothing”? For a second he thought that Siwon knew everything. But then he realized that it was impossible. Of course Siwon, when saying that, wasn’t referring to something like that. Donghae thought if he should tell Siwon what had happened. He knew he could trust Siwon and maybe he could give him some advices. But would he even believe him? Well, why would Donghae lie about something like that?

Donghae looked at Siwon, as if trying to see if telling Siwon really was such a great idea. Siwon raised his eyebrows when seeing Donghae look at him and having such a thoughtful expression on his face. 

“What is it?” 

Donghae changed his mind; sharing his problems with Siwon would only be selfish. Siwon had successfully managed to avoid Eunhyuk and his friends all his years here, but now – thanks to Donghae – he was suffering from it too. He didn’t want to bother Siwon with yet another thing. “Nothing.” he said, feeling bad when thinking what problems he had caused Siwon. And Siwon had only been helping him ever since he first got here. “I’m sorry for all this. This thing with Eunhyuk and Sungmin. It really hasn’t anything to do with you.”

Siwon walked over to where Donghae was sitting. He placed his hands on each side of the chair; his hands on the armrest, and looked Donghae directly in the eyes with a dead serious look. “Don’t apologize for something you haven’t done. If something is bothering you then tell me. You know you can talk to me.”

Donghae smiled, a warmness being spread in his whole body. His friends here were amazing, no doubt about that. He shook his head. “I just didn’t sleep that well. That’s all. Honestly.”

Siwon believed him and nodded and gave his friend a cheerful and supporting smile. 

 

~ * ~ 


Clean and bright walls and even floor, big windows, students in the same clothes passing by – he was back. He was back in this beautiful school filled with students whose wallet was bigger than their brains. How wonderful it would be if only Donghae too had a little bigger wallet. 

What? 

Donghae quickly shook that though out of his mind. What the heck was he thinking?! Did he want to be like them? Laughing and making fun of the lower class? Laughing and making fun of people like his mother and hyung? Donghae felt dirty, how could he have such a ridiculous thought?

When waking up from this forbidden thoughts, Donghae tensed his body and held his breath when seeing Eunhyuk, Heechul and some other guys walk towards him in the long corridor. He turned around to see if there was anyone there to come to his rescue, but to his disappointment he only saw relaxed strangers walking with slow steps and talking to each other. They didn’t care about Heechul’s gang walking at their direction.

When Donghae turned his head again he realized that the boys already had seen him; their smirks told him so. He quickly stopped and turned around; hugging his books a little tighter and walking with faster steps. He could hear them chuckle and snort, and by that he tried to figure out if they were close behind him or far behind him. Either way, he didn’t care; he just wanted to leave as quickly as possible. When turning his head he realized that they too were walking faster.

They weren’t actually going to hurt him, right? Not here, in daylight, inside the school, right? They just wanted to scare him. But these thoughts didn’t calm Donghae down at all. He kept sweating and breathing heavily, his heart racing in fear, as terrible memories crossed his mind; hands and feet punching and kicking him and blood running from his nose and mouth. His heart almost stopped when seeing that his only escape route, the other side of the corridor, was being blocked by some other students that were standing there with their arms crossed. They did not look friendly at all.

Donghae stopped dead short while all he could feel was pain in his chest. What now? He just stands there like a helpless idiot and waits for what will come? The superior students walked slowly towards him on both sides, torturing him mentally, while Donghae couldn’t do other but to act composed. He decided to just walk pass them as fast as possible. They would probably push him, like they always did, but nothing more than that.

But fear was holding him back and preventing him from moving at all. Why was he so scared? They were human beings just like he was. It was not like they would kill him or anything. He took a silent deep breath before finally deciding that yes, he would just walk. But to his fear he realized that they were standing too close now, surrounding him in a small semicircle. They had stopped walking and Donghae wanted to slap himself for losing the little amount of confidence that he had left.
The famous Heechul was the only one staring to move closer to Donghae, entering the dangerous area, and Donghae found himself taking a small step back for each step that Heechul took forward, till he felt his back hit something. It was not a wall but something else, but he was not in state for turning and see what it was. Instead, his eyes started to search for Eunhyuk in the crowd. And he found him, but Eunhyuk was quick in looking at another direction. He didn’t seem to be enjoying it like the other students – who were laughing out loud and cheering on Heechul like everyone else did. 

But Donghae was prepared. He didn’t need Eunhyuk. They wouldn’t hurt him. 
Not hurt him. And he was not scared. Bring it on!

Heechul smirked, looking down at the anxious boy. “Boo!” he suddenly said, in a loud voice and making a quick movement with his whole body.  And Donghae, being prepared for the worst, took the final step back in panic that caused the thing behind him – a bookshelf – to shake. The books neatly standing in line fell, most of them crashing on Donghae’s head. Donghae cowered and dropped his books to use his hand as protection to protect his head from the falling books. When daring to look up again he saw the boys laughing in victory, proudly yelling out how scared Donghae had been and how funny Heechul was.

Eunhyuk was the only one that turned his head to glance over at him. And he was the only one not laughing. He was forcing out a smile, but failed with even that. When his eyes met with Donghae's he hurried to turn his head again.


Donghae didn’t dare to exhale until now, when the laughs were no longer heard. People had seen what had happened and no one had interfered. They saw Donghae sitting on the floor, books all around him, but no one cared. 

“Oh my, what happened?” an unknown voice said. The question would fit perfectly to Donghae right now, but he had a hard time believing that the concern was meant to him. But, to his surprise, a male crouched down in front of him. So someone else besides Siwon, Kibum and Ryeowook actually did care. “Are you okay?”

Donghae nodded fast, not daring to say a word – afraid that it might cause the guys to return. “Here, let me help you up.” the male said and stood up before extending his hand to Donghae. With a shaking hand Donghae just placed his hand in the others without really grabbing it, so the other had to grab Donghae’s wrist instead to help him up. The stranger’s hand was warm and that calmed Donghae down a bit. 

“You didn’t get hurt, did you?” he asked. Donghae shook his head, looking around to see if Heechul and his friends were in sight. They had already left, all of them. 

“I-I’m sorry for–”

“I’ll pick this up, don’t worry about it.” the other interrupted with a friendly smile. “Just be more careful. You don’t want to get yourself hurt.”

No, Donghae did absolutely not want to get himself hurt. He grabbed the books he thought was his before bowing to his unknown hero. “Thank you.” he said fast in one breath before walking away. 
 
He had no idea who the helpful student was, but to be honest – even though he was more than thankful – he didn’t care. At this moment all he needed was to calm himself down and drink some water. After that he would thank the male properly.



**


Donghae was almost running, hugging his books as tight as before, towards the boys’ dorms. On the way there he saw a figure walking slowly, with his hands in his pockets, and when Donghae was close enough he saw that it was Kibum. And when Kibum saw that the figure almost running towards his direction was Donghae he knew something bad had happened.
“Hyung, what–” was as far as he got before Donghae grabbed his left arm, without saying a word, and pulled him with him – forcing Kibum to walk as fast as Donghae was. Kibum asking him what had happened and what was wrong didn’t stop Donghae, or made him answer.


When being in the safe area Donghae pointed at the door, the finger telling Kibum to lock the door (which Kibum amazingly understood), before leaving his books on the table and falling flat on his bed on his stomach; burying his face in his pillow. Kibum was still standing in front of the outer door and only watched his hyung; not sure if asking what had happened again was the best thing he could do. He kind of already had an idea of what had happened. If not, he had an idea of who the guys involved were. Donghae said something but it was being muffled because of the pillow.

“What?” Kibum asked in a gentle voice, talking silent steps to approach the collapsed boy. 

Donghae raised his head before repeating what he had said. “Maybe this wasn’t such a great idea.” 

“What do you mean?”

“Coming here and all... I’m not like the people here.”

Kibum chuckled a little, walking over to sit on the chair at small table. “What, a spoiled brat? Dumb? No, you’re right – you aren’t.”

Donghae should get happy, but right now he was immune against compliments. “You know that’s not what I mean.” He sighed. “They will keep bothering me. And I won’t be able to endure it for two years. God, I got so scared. I thought –”

“Did they hurt you?”

Donghae shook his head.

Moments in silent passed; Kibum waiting for Donghae to say what had happened and Donghae not sure if he wanted to talk about this at all. He would rather forget it, ignore it and simply pretend this never happened. “Not for two years.” he repeated. “I can’t. Not for two years.” 

Kibum raised himself from the chair and walked over to Donghae’s bed. He sat down on the floor, his chin resting over Donghae’s bed while Donghae turned his face to look at him. “You’re not alone, hyung.” he said in a low voice, because he thought it was embarrassing saying what he was about to say. Saying things like that wasn’t Kibum’s specialty and Donghae knew that very well. He smiled a little, waiting for Kibum to continue. “I know it’s hard and all, but they’ll get tired of you. All new guys went through this too, it’s not only you. They’ll leave you alone when they find someone else to bother. They always do that.” 

A million arguments that told Kibum he was wrong came to Donghae’s mind. He was not just the ‘new guy’ – he was poor. He was poor and in a school with snobs. That was the difference between them. All the other new guys they bothered were snobs too. But Donghae didn’t tell him that. He couldn’t argue back or complain. He knew the effort Kibum had to make to let those words leave his mouth. 

“And meanwhile, when the hyungs are still bothering you, you have me. I-I mean us. You have us. Your friends.” The younger even twitched the corner of his mouth, a shy smile being formed. Donghae got an impulsive feeling of wanting to hug him to death. 

He sighed loudly and heavily, as dramatically as possible. “I hate you.” he said. “If it weren’t for you I would leave this school.” 

“Siwon hyung is pretty guilty too.”

“Yes, I hate Siwon too.”

“And Ryeowook.”
  
“Yes, him too.”

Kibum chuckled, getting a satisfied feeling in his heart when seeing his hyung smile again. A funny thought crossed Donghae mind when he started to think about yet a third person that made him want to stay in this damned school. But he didn’t say anything to Kibum.


The two boys spent the rest of the time talking to each other. Kibum was, as said, a quiet person however Donghae once again spoke for them both. But Kibum loved it, hearing and watching Donghae talk, telling him stories with such enthusiasm and laughing at himself. One hour passed and to Kibum’s disappointment he realized that he needed to go, since school still hadn’t ended. He knew Donghae would skip the classes he had left and Kibum would gladly skip his too. But he knew Donghae wouldn’t let him do that.

When he was about to leave Siwon made his entrance. Kibum bowed politely before telling that he was just about to leave. He said bye to Donghae one last time, in which Donghae happily waved, before he walked away and disappeared out of sight. Siwon was still staring at the now closed door and forgot that he was there to ask Donghae why he didn’t come to their class as he instead he asked: “How do you guys know each other?”

He reminded himself that he still didn’t know how Donghae and Kibum could possibly know each other before Donghae had entered this school. They were the exact opposite concerning their social status and Kibum had always lived in Seoul while Donghae had been living in Mokpo. Their personalities weren’t that matching either.

“Kibum went to Mokpo for a vacation once when we were younger. We meet and became friends and after that he started traveling to Mokpo regularly.” 

That was a pretty short story. “That’s all?”

“What do you mean?”

Mentioning anything that had to do with money was something that Siwon would rather avoid, since he didn’t know if Donghae was comfortable enough to talk about it with him. So instead he said: “Well, you guys seem to be pretty close.”

“And we are.”

“But when you first saw him here you didn’t even know that he was here in this school. Didn’t he tell you that? And he didn’t seem to know that you were going to start this school either.”

“We lost contact. For a while.”

Siwon didn’t have to ask more since his confused look told Donghae that his answers weren’t enough to give Siwon a picture of the whole thing. Besides, Siwon didn’t know if he even should ask more since the usually talkative Donghae was now speaking with such few sentences.

“It’s a pretty long story... and a little complicated. I’m not sure if you want to hear it.”

The taller one had no idea if Donghae was being honest; thinking that Siwon would get bored if he told him, or if he just didn’t want to talk about it. Either way, Siwon decided to stay satisfied with what Donghae had told him and not ask any more questions.


At the end of the day Siwon was being a good student and studying while Donghae was just feeling restless. He was impatiently waiting for the clock to go faster and strike nine. When being half nine he flew up from his bed and started digging in his wardrobe with his right hand to take out his sweatpants and a T-shirt.

“Are you going to dance?” Siwon asked, not looking up from his notebook and history book. Donghae nodded, which Siwon didn’t see, but the fact that Donghae was now changing clothes and searching for some CDs made the answer pretty obvious. He grabbed the paper the reception lady had signed, the proof of the permission for him to be in the practice room at this hour, before telling Siwon bye and leaving.


A quarter to nine Donghae was jogging over to the neighbor building; the dance, singing and acting building. It was quiet and dark inside but Donghae didn’t panic since he knew that he wasn’t alone in this building. Some singers and actors that were bad in it or just needed to catch up with the rest of the class had gotten permission as well to practice at this hour. Eunhyuk too, since he was in charge of the school dance and Donghae, of course, who wasn’t bad but just needed to catch up with the rest.

When entering the mirror-covered room Donghae only managed to turn the lights on, take his outer clothes off and walk over to the CD-player when the door suddenly opened. Seeing Eunhyuk standing there, with the bag as always, and dressed in similar clothes to Donghae, made him wonder if he had missed 30 minutes of his life. But when he turned to look at the clock hanging on the wall he realized that the one being wrong wasn’t him but the mean intruder.

“It’s 9:10.” he said stupidly. He regretted it. He should’ve said ‘get the hell out you, idiot’ or ‘what the heck are you doing here?’ like Eunhyuk always said when Donghae ran over time. He though that it wasn’t too late to add a sentence like that, but something told him that he honestly didn’t want Eunhyuk to leave.

“Are you going to practice?” Eunhyuk asked and raised his eyebrows, surprised over seeing Donghae there. “With that hand?” 

“Yes.” 

Eunhyuk stared at him for a moment, shrugged his shoulders a little to himself before turning around and grabbed the door handle. Before he had opened the door Donghae turned the music on and walked over to stand in the center of the room.

His body started to move to the beat of the music and Eunhyuk, honestly not knowing why, turned his head to watch him. He was about to ask himself in his mind why he had done that and leave when he saw Donghae doing a mistake in the choreography without noticing it. But Eunhyuk was dance-damaged and his instincts told him that he could not let something like that pass. Not even if it meant he would spend some extra seconds on someone like Donghae, the person he would like to spend the least time with.

“You’re doing it wrong.” he said, loud enough for Donghae to hear him. 

Donghae lost his concentration and stopped dancing, since he hadn’t noticed that Eunhyuk was still there. “What do you mean?” he asked, turning around with both his hands on his hips, instead of demanding the older one to leave him alone. 

“You’re not using your hips.” 

“I am.”

“No, stupid, I’m telling you that you aren’t.” 

Donghae walked over to the CD-player and turned to music off, before turning to look at Eunhyuk again, which still had his hand grabbing the door handle. “Then show me.”

Eunhyuk chuckled sarcastically, as if Donghae had said something totally absurd; as if he had asked him to dance in front of the school or something like that. “Why should I? Figure it out yourself.”

“Then don’t correct me. Because now I don’t believe you and I think you said that only to ruin my practice.” 

Eunhyuk chuckled again, only to show Donghae how little his words were affecting him. He opened the door.

“Too bad the dance master himself can’t even show a step as simple as this.” 

Eunhyuk stopped himself from taking another step. He chuckled soundlessly before slowly taking some steps back and close the door; a smirk appearing on his face. Was that a challenge? He turned around and looked Donghae in the eyes, with still the cocky smile on his lips, the proof that he was superior and Donghae couldn’t think about anything else than how much he loved that smile.

Eunhyuk snapped his fingers on his right hand before pointing at the CD-player and Donghae understood that he was ordering to turn the music on for him.

His body started to move perfectly to the music. He was looking at Donghae the whole time, showing him that Lee Hyukjae never lost when it came to do with dancing. Donghae recognized those intense eyes, from the first day, and that gave him goose bumps and he could literally feel the red color being spread over his face. When he stopped dancing Donghae turned the music off. He cleared his throat before saying anything.

“That was what I was doing.”

“No, you were doing it like this.” Eunhyuk replied, as he started to move his hips in an eight, overreacting the motion to make it look ridiculous.  

Donghae laughed a little. “No, I wasn’t.”

“Do it like this instead.”

Oh, how those hips made Donghae lose his contact with earth. To hide his embarrassing blush he turned the music on before raising himself and stand beside Eunhyuk. He danced, just like he had done before but stopped when Eunhyuk suddenly shook his head and walked over to the CD-player to turn the music off.

“You’re still doing it wrong.” 

“I don’t get it.” 

“Like this.” 

“I did it like that!” 

“You really are an idiot.” 

Donghae was about to reply something similar. But he didn’t when he saw a change in Eunhyuk’s face, like he was thinking over something. He was hesitating, looking at Donghae through the mirror reflection before walking to stand behind him. He hesitated again before raising his hands and placing them on Donghae’s hips. Donghae could swear his heart just stopped.

“Like this.” Eunhyuk said again, his hands guiding Donghae’s hips. But he was still holding his distance at arm’s length.  He let go of Donghae’s hips to let Donghae try himself. But Donghae still did it wrong and this time he knew it. He wasn’t that bad in dancing to not understand what Eunhyuk meant, but deep inside he didn’t want to do it right. He wanted Eunhyuk to be closer. “You really are an idiot.” Eunhyuk repeated, only this time it was said in a gentle tone. “If you don’t get it this time then too bad for you.” 

Donghae nodded and Eunhyuk, this time not hesitating that much, once again put his hands on the younger’s hips, this time his whole body moving to stand closer to Donghae while Donghae, just to standa little closer took tiny steps back without Eunhyuk noticing – Donghae’s back almost touching Eunhyuk’s chest. Donghae raised his head and dared to look in the mirror, watching Eunhyuk’s face. Eunhyuk sensed his eyes and looked up too, his eyes meeting with Donghae’s in an embarrassing and awkward way. But he didn’t pull away and neither did Donghae. Instead, they just stood there, Eunhyuk’s hands still on Donghae’s hips, while seconds in silence passed.
 
“Y-yeah, so-something like that.” Eunhyuk said after clearing his throat and hurried to pull away, backing four, five steps.  He walked over to where his bag was and slung it over his shoulder. He was about to leave, but Donghae decided that it was enough. He was getting tired of this; moments like this and Eunhyuk running away as soon as he realized what was going on.

“Don’t leave”. Of course, Eunhyuk pretended that Donghae never said that. But he didn’t completely ignore him since Donghae telling him that only made Eunhyuk hurrying up in leaving. “If you leave I’ll scream out that you kissed me.” Donghae warned. Eunhyuk wasn’t listening. He opened the door and Donghae took a deep breath. “LEE HYUKJAE KI–”

Bang! That was the sound of the door immediately closing. Eunhyuk froze in his position, before slowly, slowly turning around. “What do you want?”

Donghae though that he had always been an honest and straight forward person. Always. And now it was more than obvious that he should just act like himself. “Unlike you I will be honest with you.” he started. He could clearly see that Eunhyuk would probably give almost anything to just being able to leave. “I think I’m falling in love with you.”

There. Finally. Donghae had said it out loud, to himself and to Eunhyuk. No more ‘why am I’s and no more blushing and heart racing without having an explanation for it. Eunhyuk could flip or call out to his 'friends' if he wanted - Donghae didn't care. It didn't matter anymore because Donghae had made his duty by speaking from and with his heart. 

Eunhyuk widened his eyes, clearly being taking off guard, and dropped his chin. “Wh-what?”

“I think I’m falling in love –” Donghae’s knees started to shake, but he forced himself to repeat the exact words as before “– with you”

Eunhyuk repeated himself too, since he had no idea what else to say. “Wh-what? What, are you serious?”

Obviously Eunhyuk knew that Donghae was being very serious, since joking about something like this would be more than idiotic. The question he wanted to ask was ‘why’. Why on earth would Donghae fall in love with Eunhyuk?!

"I don’t know why.” Donghae said honestly and shrugged his shoulders, way too comfortably for Eunhyuk’s liking. “You really are a jerk so I don’t know why. But when you’re not a jerk... When you treat me like... like you care about me... I get really happy.”

At this moment Eunhyuk wondered what the  he had done wrong. How did he end up in this? He had a numerous times had girls confessing to him. And he would always smile that unique smile of his, bow and thank the person before in a gentle voice turning them down. This was the first time he couldn’t do it and now, standing here, he had no idea what do to. His first thought was to run away. Run away and never come back again.

“Whenever I feel sad or scared I think about you... and I want you to be there... with me.”

Why was he telling him that? Eunhyuk of all people. Didn’t he usually hang out with Siwon, the gentleman of all gentlemen? And that younger guy with a killer smile? Why Eunhyuk?!

“This is insane...” Eunhyuk said in shock, shaking his head slowly; his eyes still being huge.


“Why?” To Eunhyuk the answer was obvious. So obvious that he couldn’t even say it. Did that even make any sense? “Why is it insane?” Donghae asked again. “Because your friends don’t like me? Because I’m poor? Because I’m a guy?”

“Because of all that. Because you’re you.”

That reason wasn’t enough. At least not for Donghae. There were still incidents that were proof to the contrary of what Eunhyuk was saying. “Why did you kiss me?” he asked. He knew Eunhyuk wouldn’t answer. At least not that easily. But Donghae didn’t care. He wanted to know and if Eunhyuk didn’t want to answer then he would just kept asking till Eunhyuk would give in. Donghae was an expert in nagging. “I want to know why you kissed me.”

“I don’t know why I kissed you!” Eunhyuk finally said, drowning in frustration and confusion. “And who gives a damn? I kissed you because I wanted to, that’s it. No love or whatever you are imagining. So just leave it. It was fun, thanks, bye.”

Once again he was about to escape but Donghae was quick and Eunhyuk didn’t have time to move from where he was standing till Donghae was already grabbing his bag too, preventing him from leaving. “Don’t you dare leaving!”

“Don’t you dare telling me what to do!”

“You’re supposed to detest me. All your friends do. If you wanted someone to fool around with then the last person that would be with is with me. Kissing me just because ‘it was fun’ is bull! And you know it!”

Eunhyuk’s body started to shake. Was he scared? Of what? He tried to make Donghae let go of his bag by pulling it with hard. This was kind of comical, since a similar thing had happened in the tent, with Donghae grabbing Eunhyuk's arm when he wanted to escape. And it probably looked funny too; two students having a tug-of-war with a bag. 

“Running away will only make it worse! I’ll haunt you till you die!”

Eunhyuk moaned out of frustration, it was almost a scream, and let go of his bag. “Why are you like this?” he yelled, almost laughing even though he didn’t think anything of this was funny at all. “What do you want?”

“I want to be yours.”

Eunhyuk, who was walking around in circles, his arms fluttering like he was a crazy person (he felt like one right now) froze. He misheard him. Yes, he must have. He didn’t even dare to look at Donghae but he forced himself to. Who was the most out of his mind – him or Donghae?

“Something is terribly wrong with you.” he said, his voice sounding like he was talking to an insane serial killer. “Something is... not working properly... in your mind.”

Donghae chuckled weakly; a little sadly and a little happily. He shrugged his shoulders and looked at Eunhyuk with honest eyes. Honest eyes expressing innocence and love. He slowly walked over to Eunhyuk; standing right in front of him and still keeping eye contact. He didn’t break the eye contact till he suddenly wrapped his arms around Eunhyuk’s waist; his chin resting over Eunhyuk’s shoulder. Eunhyuk wouldn’t leave, he knew that. Because right now, Eunhyuk was paralyzed. He didn’t hug him back – he wasn’t even breathing. Donghae he closed his eyes and sighed. “Something is terribly wrong with you too.”

Eunhyuk couldn’t agree more.

 


 

Posted on: 17 December. 2011.