Be My Friend : KyuHae

Play by the Rules

"Kyuhyun oppa! Donghae oppa! Wait for me!" a loud voice was heard echoing from the end of the hallway.
There stood a girl with fair skin, long wavy hair and bright doe eyes happily waving towards the two males she called. Both immediately turned to face her and waited for her to reach them.
Donghae replied with a smile, "Hurry. We will be late."
"Yes, oppa!" The girl runs towards them. Catching her breath, she stopped in front of them.
"Im Yoona, why are you so loud?" Kyuhyun states. That's not a question.
"Oppa, I just want you guys to wait for me. Is that wrong?" Yoona sulked.
Amused by her expression, Donghae cooed Yoona, " We waited for you here, right? Let's go!"
Yoona's mood immediately turned bright seconds later, standing in between Donghae and Kyuhyun and grabbing their arms and lead them to their lecture hall.
Donghae just laughed at Yoona's antic but Kyuhyun stares irritatingly at her but let her drag him anyway.

Kyuhyun and Donghae knows each other since they were born. Their parents are good friends that wishes to matchmake them if they were of opposite gender. Too bad their wishes never came true as both of them are boys and their only child. The boys are always paired together - be it the same matching colored shirts and shorts or the cute Donald Duck cap that they wear everytime they go on trips - even to the extent to having the same shoes, stockings and bags. Kyuhyun is the one that is always complaining and disliking his parents action. Kyuhyun doesn't like to be friends with Donghae. Donghae is too talkative for Kyuhyun. "Shut up!" Kyuhyun sometimes exclaimed when little Donghae talked non-stop especially when the boy is excited. Donghae is older than Kyuhyun by 11 months. Kyuhyun also hates how Donghae can cry easily. The boy has too many tears."You are a boy. I won't call you hyung because my hyung doesn't cry". But Donghae always tries his best to be friend with Kyuhyun.

One day, Kyuhyun saw a group of little friends laughing loudly in the middle of the playground, grouping in a circle. Curious Kyuhyun went to peek on the group only to be surprised with the sight of Donghae in the center of the circle crying his heart out. It seems Donghae was pretty boy, Heechul's victim of the day. Heechul and his group of bullies are widely known in the kindergarten as the ultimate bully that picks on his victim randomly. Today just happen to be Donghae's lucky day.
"STOP" Kyuhyun shouted at the gang of bullies.
"Oh..you are his friend. Want to join him? Hahaha..." Heechul laughed loudly followed by his followers.
" I said stop or.."
"Or what? What will you do?" Heechul dared Kyuhyun.
"I will tell Jessica that you..."
Hearing Jessica's name being mentioned, Heechul runs towards Kyuhyun and closed his mouth tightly with his hand.
"Let go!" Kyuhyun struggled with Heechul.
" I will not tell if you promise not to bother me and Donghae anymore" Kyuhyun pointed to the still crying Donghae.
"Ok. But you must pinky promise me" Heechul pointed his little finger to Kyuhyun waiting for him to cross it and the secret will be kept safe.
"Promise". How childlish Kyuhyun thought but he still cross the bully's finger as a sign of agreement.

That is how Kyuhyun and Donghae becomes buddies ever since. The older male felt so grateful to Kyuhyun that he exclaimed to their parents that Kyuhyun saved my life!
Kyuhyun also grew warmer towards Donghae. Although Donghae is the older friend, Kyuhyun felt that he needs to protect him. Kyuhyun felt good protecting Donghae so he let Donghae tag along with him.
He loves it most when Donghae will share his latest gadgets and games with him. Also, Donghae seems to be very weak in games. Kyuhyun wonders how Donghae will like to play computer games as the boy is weak in the genre. Donghae always loses to Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun felt good winning over Donghae but sometimes wonder if the boy did it on purpose. But since Kyuhyun hates losing very much, he doesn't mind it as long as he's not the one losing.