You're Safe

Play by the Rules

Yonghwa had fasten his plan upon hearing Kyuhyun's shouting. "Your boyfriend is here. We need to make this fast" He smirked evilly and forcefully kiss Seohyun, caressing her body and tried to remove her clothes. Seohyun cried and tried to stop Yonghwa but with her hand tied up, she couldn't do anything. Kyuhyun keeps on banging on the door with the help of Donghae and he could now hear the faint crying of Seohyun and Yonghwa shouting. The police arrive minutes later, banging the door open and barged into the store room, just in time to stop Yonghwa from Seohyun. Seohyun was already half when the police arrested Yonghwa. Donghae asked for permission to let Kyuhyun to calm Seohyun down first and the police allowed it, waiting for them outside. Donghae patted Kyuhyun's back, " Go in. She needs you now".
Kyuhyun carefully walk to Seohyun as to avoid to frighten the girl any more. She was covered in a blanket, her long messy hair covering her face. Her eyes swollen and lips bruised. Her breathing is still as heavy and her sobbing continued, much more silent than before as she cuddled to herself, her long arms both bleeding a bit. Kyuhyun kneel in front of Seohyun, trying to have a better look at her. At his faint touch, she flinched and moved a few inches away.
"Seohyun...are you okay?" He curses himself for asking such a stupid question, of course she's not ok.
Seohyun did not answer him. Still in the same position as more tears were shed.
He slowly put his hand on Seohyun's hair, slowly swiping her hair to a side so he could see her clearly. This time, Seohyun did not move.
He puts his hand on her arm, trying to comfort her.
"Seohyun.....you're safe now.....Look....look at me. I'm here"
Seohyun lowered her head down. A small whisper escaped from her lips, "I'm scared...." and she cuddled to herself tighter.
"Seohyun...." Kyuhyun is at loss at how to comfort her. He couldn't find the right words to say.
Kyuhyun felt a sharp pain in his heart looking at Seohyun like that. He couldn't explain what he felt as it's something new he never experienced before.
Kyuhyun moved closer to Seohyun. He waits for her reaction and reached for both of her hands.
"Look at me, Seohyun" He said softly to her pressing his hands to hers.
Obeying Kyuhyun, she looks at him slowly, her lips still quivering as her tears falls to her cheek.
Kyuhyun wipes her tears away and lift her chin up, carefully examining her injuries. He slowly pulls her closer to him, resting her head to his chest as he continued patting her head.
"Don't be afraid. You're safe now. I'm here"
Seohyun cried louder as she felt Kyuhyun's warm hug. She was touched by his gentle care, and at the same time, still traumatised by what happened earlier.
She felt a whirlwind of emotions come gushing to her, too much for her to handle at the same time.
"Cry all you want....." Kyuhyun continued patting her back and rest his head on her shoulder as she lightly hugs Kyuhyun back.
"Thank you" Seohyun said in a whisper.

Seohyun was sent to the nearest hospital as soon as Kyuhyun managed to calm her down. Donghae had persuaded Kyuhyun to rest and clean himself rather than following Seohyun to the hospital.
"She need to rest, Kyuhyun. You wouldn't be able to do anything"
"Hyung, she's still terrified!"
"I know, but you need to rest too. Seohyun wouldn't want to see you like this"
"But...."
"I'll send you home. We will go visit her this evening,ok?"
Kyuhyun looked at Donghae and without any words, Donghae had pulled him into his car and drove off.