Be My Friend: Yoona

Play by the Rules

A little girl crying on the playground bench caught little Donghae's attention. She was looking at him, eyes pleading as he come nearer to her.
"Why are you crying?" cute Donghae asked the long haired doe eyes girl.
With her big pleading eyes, the girl answered, still sobbing, "Nobody want to be my friend".
Little Donghae frowned but continued to pay attention to the little girl.
"I am alone again. I don't want to be alone." The little girl continued to cry, thinking that she'll have a long day to go.This is only her first day in the kindergarten.
"Don't cry", Donghae tried to calm her the little girl down.
"My name is Donghae. I will be your friend. What is your name?" cute Donghae smiled at the crying little girl.
The girl looked at Donghae. She had stopped crying after hearing Donghae's offer to be her friend.
"Really?" she asked with a smile.
"Yes!" Donghae replied with an equally bright smile.
"Yoona. My name is Im Yoona. You can call me Yoong!" the girl answered cheerfully, a 360 degree turn from the crying girl earlier.

Donghae was faced with a very angry grumbling Kyuhyun when he finally showed up at the football field. "Where had you been? You had me waiting in the hot sun!" Kyuhyun shouted at Donghae at once.
Donghae gulped knowing that Kyuhyun doesn't like to wait for people. The hot tempered little Kyuhyun eyed Donghae from head to toe and continued, " Where is the ball? How are we going to play without a ball?!"
Looking at himself, Donghae realized that he forgot to get the ball when he is too occupied with Yoona earlier. Donghae just kept quiet but Kyuhyun's tone frightens Yoona. Out of the sudden, Yoona cried hysterically.
This is the first time that somebody had yelled at Yoona. Well, technically, Kyuhyun was yelling at Donghae but since it was Yoona's fault that Donghae was late, Yoona felt guilty that her new friend was being scolded.
"Who is this?" Kyuhyun finally realized Yoona's presence.
"Aish! I hate crying kids!" little Kyuhyun complains that make Yoona cried even harder.
"Kyu...Kyu. This is my new friend. Our new friend." Donghae introduces Yoona and at the same time tried to calm her down for the second time in a day.
"Don't cry princess. Yoong..Yoong..Don't cry"
"What? New frie...." Donghae looks at Kyuhyun with watery eyes as if begging him not to probe any further.
One more word and Kyuhyun knows that little Donghae will follow the girl to tear up as well. As evil as Kyuhyun is, he doesn't like to make Donghae cry.
"You are my hyung. My hyung does not cry".
"Kyuhyunnie, we will be friends with Yoona. Ok, Kyuhyunnie?"
Donghae only calls him Kyuhyunnie when he needs Kyuhyun's favor. Little Kyuhyun had no choice but to nod fearing that Donghae will tear up anytime if he rejects him.

Yoona had stopped crying gradually, listening to the boys conversation. Once she saw Kyuhyun nodded to be her friend, she smiled immediately and went to Kyuhyun pushing Donghae aside.
"Kyuhyun oppa. I'm Yoona. You can call me Yoong!"
"Eh..how about me? Call me oppa too!" Donghae interrupted, shocked by Yoona's sudden change of mood.
"Donghae oppa! Kyuhyun oppa! Yay, I have two new friends today!" little Yoona exclaimed cheerfully realizing that she is not alone now.
Donghae could only smile looking at the girl that cried earlier turned back to her bright self. Kyuhyun scrathes his head not understanding what is going on in the girl's mind.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

This will be the end of their childhood memories. Real story will unfolds in the next chapter. Please anticipate it!