Someone

Play by the Rules

It's already the second month of University life for Seohyun. There she was, busily going through her notes at one of the University's secluded park. A place so serene, so calm and peaceful from the hectic University life that she's been experiencing lately. Most of the students, Seohyun noticed, are always busy socializing with the others, trying their best to fit in. She doesn't blame them - it's her that is different. Seohyun would always prioritize on her studies and she is used to being alone She doesn't mind that at all. As the wind blow, she tried to organize her notes and noticed her surrounding. She was sure she was alone but she felt weird. As if there's another person was there with her. Seohyun became more aware of her surrounding, trying to look left and right for that someone but all she sees are the green trees and birds flying. Might be my imagination.

Suddenly someone appeared and immediately sat in front of her. Seohyun was startled and dropped her books.
"What's with the reaction?" Kyuhyun questionly looked at her.
"You gave me a shock! You could at least greet me."
"When did we ever start with greetings?"
"Never mind" Seohyun mumbled as she bend down to collect her books.
Kyuhyun did not mind her and start reading his book.

It's also been more than a month that Kyuhyun had been tutoring Seohyun. Well, Seohyun wouldn't consider it as tutoring at all. Kyuhyun was only there to help her in Maths. He always left her to figure the answer by herself and gave her ridiculuos hints to solve her problems. Seohyun figured that Kyuhyun was there to make the questions even harder but she liked the challenge so she never tell him off. Seohyun is always a patience person. Surprisingly Kyuhyun always shows up at the same park. Both Seohyun and Kyuhyun never made any agreement to meet for the tutor but they met at the park one day and since then they will meet there for the purpose. It was always Maths between them though. All they spoke of are the plus and minus, times and divides, equation and so on.

Seohyun still felt uneasy even though Kyuhyun was in front of her. She still felt another person's presence except from the two of them.
"You came alone, right?" Seohyun suddenly asked Kyuhyun.
Kyuhyun looked at Seohyun with a blank expression, "Is there anybody else than me?"
"No...but don't you feel.."
"Someone following you?"
"YES! You feel that too?"
"No"
"But..."
"You should be happy. You might have some fanboys following you". Kyuhyun smirked with his statement.
"What?"
"Nothing. I'll be going now". Kyuhyun stands up, taking his book and starts walking away.
Seohyun looked at him and it suddenly hit her that she doesn't want to be alone at the park. Definitely not today.
"Wait!" She called for Kyuhyun's attention. Kyuhyun stopped and stared at her.
"I'm...going too. Wait for me!"
Seohyun packed her notes and hurried towards Kyuhyun. She would rather walk with him than feeling that someone's presence.
They were walking with Kyuhyun in the lead and Seohyun following closely behind when suddenly Kyuhyun stopped and motioned for Seohyun to walk in front.
"Well...I don't want to be responsible if someone kidnapped you".  Kyuhyun sarcastically said. Seohyun glared at Kyuhyun but followed his instruction nevertheless.

Yoona came out from her hiding behind the big oak tree. She looked at Kyuhyun and Seohyun back with envy.Yoona was shocked when Kyuhyun made the move to allow Seohyun to walk in front of him as if he was protecting her. That was one thing that Kyuhyun never did to her or any other girl. Yoona now regrets introducing Seohyun to Kyuhyun.
But Seohyun is a likeable person and she doesn't have many friends. Yoona doesn't see any harm in Seohyun being friends with her own friends. But she is jealous of Seohyun now. Very jealous- because Kyuhyun is paying attention to Seohyun and spends less time with her and Donghae.Yoona never thought that Kyuhyun would even care to talk to Seohyun to begin with - not in that way. Kyuhyun never like girls. He never even look at one, well, except for Yoona because she is his childhood friend.Yoona, what had you done to yourself? She secretly swore that if she could turn back time, she would never introduce Seohyun to anyone.Not Kyuhyun, not even Donghae. Now you have a competitor, she thought to herself.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry, this chapter is a bit crappy. My writing had been even more rusty from when I started. I'm having doubts whether I could finish this fic or not. But I really want to finish it. Sorry again for the rambling. Speed off to draft the next chappie while I'm at it!