Games

Play by the Rules

Seohyun was texting on her phone to the receiver named Kyuhyun.
I'm going to leave if you did not show up NOW. Looking at the message, a little smirk shows up on her face and she press send.
"Waiting for someone?" The sudden question startled Seohyun.
She was impatiently standing at the gate for 10 minutes already and Kyuhyun was nowhere to be seen.
Seohyun turned and was surprised to see the owner of the voice belongs to Donghae.
"Donghae-ssi"
"If you're waiting for Kyuhyun...well, he is absent today"
"Oh" is all Seohyun could muttered out.
Donghae looks at Seohyun for a moment, sensing that she had something else to say.
"Is that all?" He looks at her.
"Huh?"
"I thought maybe you have something else to ask. Do you not?"
"Erm.....is he...si..ck?" Seohyun was hesistant and seeing her this way, Donghae gave a light chuckle.
"I'm not sure. He might be. Or maybe he played too much games that he's unable to wake up today - you know, that's Kyuhyun we're talking about"
Seohyun nodded. Games. If there is one thing that Kyuhyun can't live without - that would be his games.

Seohyun had learnt it hard when one day, feeling particularly tired, she had took a nap in the bus, believing that Kyuhyun would wake her up. He promised her. His car had broke down for the nth time and as a punishment, his dad had forbid him from using his car. Kyuhyun had no choice but to take the public transport and they soon found out that they live not so faraway. They had never noticed that by driving around.
It became a routine that they would meet at the bus station- together with Donghae sometimes when they had the morning class. Seohyun would usually wait for Kyuhyun if their class ends around the same time and vice versa. She was forbid to go home by herself as one incident proved that Yonghwa is still hot on her trail. Seohyun had finished her class early and both had agreed that she should go back first as Kyuhyun's class will only end 2 hours later. Of course, Kyuhyun had come to the rescue, it's just Seohyun's luck that his lecturer was away and Kyuhyun was leaving too.
"Kyuhyun..."
No answer.
"O..ppa?"
"Hmm..." Kyuhyun was too busy focusing on his PSP.
"I feel tired"
"Sleep"
"But what if we missed our station?"
"I'm here"
"You're playing your games. We might miss our station". It was Seohyun that always rings the bell and got down from the bus. Kyuhyun always follows her. She knows that Kyuhyun never pays attention to the stops especially when he's playing his games.
"Don't sleep then"
"But.."
"I will wake you up. I promise"

Kyuhyun never once look at Seohyun for the whole conversation. She did not want to trust him but her eyes are so heavy she had no other option. In the end, she was right. By the time she had woke up, they are reaching the last stops, which are 12 stops away from their house. Seohyun had to apologize to the bus driver to let them ride the bus back again. Kyuhyun doesn't seem like he care.
"Why did you apologize? We can always take another bus"
"You know, we are the ones that are wrong here"
"There's not a rule saying we couldn't take the same bus back"
"If you had focused on the road, we wouldn't end up here"
"If you did not sleep..."
"Yes, my wrong, I shouldn't have trust you!"
"You're right! You shouldn't!"

And the bus ride back was silent with Kyuhyun playing his games again and Seohyun staring outside the window. This time, she makes sure that she was wide awake.

 

 

*If you're confused, the second paragraph is a flashback. I'm so sorry I have not been updating. I even thought of deleting this story. *Bows*