The Rules

Play by the Rules

Donghae walked into the cafe only to be faced with a sulky Kyuhyun. "What's wrong?" the older one asked.
Kyuhyun kept staring at the table blankly, then suddenly faced Donghae, "What's with girls?"
"GIRLS??" Donghae shouted.
"Aish...hyung...never mind"
"What is it?"
"I said never mind. Don't bother me." Kyuhyun lowered down his head and continue looking at the table.
"Have you seen Yoona? She says she's going to be here soon."
"You did not tell me that Yoona's joining us!" Kyuhyun seems annoyed.
"Kyuhyun, she always joins us"
"That's because of you!"
"What do you mean? What is wrong with you?"
"Nothing. I'm going home now."
"Kyuhyun...Yoona's not here yet"
"You wait for Yoona yourself!"
Kyuhyun left a dumbfounded Donghae in a flash, leaving the older male to think what have he done wrong.

The angry Kyuhyun was kicking every single objects that was blocking his way. He swears he will avoid every girl in his life starting with Yoona and Seohyun - the two that given him much headaches.
He suddenly heard a familiar voice but thought that he was thinking too much.
"NO. I say NO. How many times do I have to tell you to stop following me?". Kyuhyun heard the familiar voice stressing.
"I'm on my way home too. Let me take you home." Another male responded.
"I can go back by myself. Please stop following me. You're freaking me out!"
"Seohyun.."the male continued.
Seohyun? Seohyun! That's it. That's her voice and Kyuhyun immediately rushed to the scene.
"She said she can go back by herself. Why do you keep insisting to send her home?" Kyuhyun questioned the other male.
Two pair of eyes diverted their attention to Kyuhyun. Seohyun was suprised by Kyuhyun's sudden intrusion but Yonghwa was suspicious.
"Who are you? Are you even her boyfriend?" Yonghwa sarcastically asked Kyuhyun.
"No. But I will be." Kyuhyun hinted.
Again, Kyuhyun's remark shocked both Seohyun and Yonghwa. Both are left speechless. Seohyun just look at Kyuhyun- not believing a word that Kyuhyun said earlier. Yonghwa is annoyed by Kyuhyun.
"You are?" Kyuhyun asked Yonghwa. "Yonghwa".
"Yonghwa-ssi, please do not worry about Seohyun. I will take care of her. And, I will be sending her home everyday so you don't have to come and fetch her anymore".
Kyuhyun smirked at Yonghwa and gently pulled Seohyun close to him. Seohyun could only thank Kyuhyun from the bottom of her heart for saving her from Yonghwa.
A displeased Yonghwa confirmed, "Is it true, Seohyun?". Seohyun could only nod. She is too ashamed to agree although that is what she had suggested to Kyuhyun earlier.
"Alright" Yonghwa turned and walked away.
Kyuhyun waited until Yonghwa disappears from their sight and moved away from Seohyun. "I don't know why I will even help you".
Seohyun looked at Kyuhyun to say thank you but Kyuhyun continued, "The deal is on."
Dumbfounded, Seohyun clarified, "What deal? What is on?"
"Are you that dumb? You asked me to pretend to be your boyfriend, right?"
"Yes...but I guess you just settled my problem. You can forget what I said earlier"
"Do you think he will believe us and leave you alone? By what just happened? I think that guy is a pretty stubborn one. Am I right?"
Bingo! Yonghwa never stop following Seohyun after all the rejections.
"Erm...".
"Just say I'm right. You should be grateful that I even agree to this"
The jerk is back but Seohyun will still need his help. Kyuhyun is right after all.
" I guess I will still need your help.."
"Good. But there are conditions.."
"What conditions? What do you mean?"
"We play by the rules. My rules."
"Rules?"
"Yes, now pay attention and listen carefully"
Rule 1 : No questions asked. Answer all my questions.
Rule 2 : Never say no.
Rule 3 : Always obey me. Do whatever I told you.
"You..."
"Don't worry. I'm not interested in you"
"Well, that's a relief, Kyuhyun-ssi," Seohyun replied sarcastically.
Rule 4 : The contract ends when I say so and
Rule 5 : Do not fall in love with me.
"I'll assure you I won't. Even if you are the last male in the universe"
"Please keep to your words. I do not want trouble later"
Seohyun swear if she doesn't need Kyuhyun's help, she would lose her cool and punch him in the face.I'll be patient with him. I need to.
"And...call me oppa."
"OPPA?! What's that for??"
"I'm older than you and do you think that Yonghwa will believe us if you keep on calling me Kyuhyun-ssi?"
Damn..why is he always right?
"Fine. Oppa. Kyuhyun oppa. Is that all?"
"That's what I can think of for now. Where do you live? I need to send you home."
"I'm fine by myself"
"Believe me, I don't want to trouble myself too. But I'm helping you here.."
"Seojung...that's where I live. Bus no 43"
"I'll drive you home. From today onwards, I'll wait for your shift ends and.."
"No..it's..."
"Rule no 2. Never say no. Don't argue with me. Now get on the car"
Seohyun could only obey Kyuhyun.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A longer update for the month long absence. I hope you'll like this chapter.