The Aftermath

Play by the Rules

Seohyun moved her head violently from left to right. Her quiet whispers of No and Don'ts are accompanied by tears. Her eyes are closed tightly. She is having a bad dream. The same dream that she had 2 days ago.
"Wake up, Seohyun. Wake up" Kyuhyun called her softly, shaking her shoulder lightly. Kyuhyun had been accompanying her for the last two days but Seohyun had not spoken much. Over and over again she convinces Kyuhyun that she was fine and that he shouldn't be wasting his time with her. But Kyuhyun had insisted to visit her - that's what friends will do- he somehow managed to convince her and with her weak condition, she could not win over Kyuhyun and let him be.

Seohyun suddenly jerked up from her dreams and opened her eyes widely. She looks at her surrounding and realizes that she's already in the hospital. It had been a routine since the incident. Since Seohyun had been hospitalized.
Kyuhyun's warm touch bring her back to reality and she immediately slaps his hand away screaming a loud "No" and shuts her eyes.
"Shhh......Seohyun....it's me, Kyuhyun. Look at me" he shifted her towards him slowly.
She opened her eyes to stare at Kyuhyun and before she knew it, her tears had flowed down. Kyuhyun immediately pulled her towards him and hugged her, soothing her and telling her it was a dream after all.
Seohyun's cried her heart out, holding onto Kyuhyun as if he is her lifeline. She was afraid that once Kyuhyun let her go, she will be back in the situation where Yonghwa had kidnapped her. Her memories of the incident was too clear to forget, too traumatized to move on.
Sensing that Seohyun had finally calmed down, Kyuhyun pulled away slowly, still holding onto the fragile girl in front of him.
"It's okay now" He tells her again and again, softly her hair and patting her back.

A knock on the door made Seohyun pulled away from Kyuhyun immediately, her face red due to the close proximity between her and Kyuhyun.
The doctor was the one knocking and after several check-ups with Seohyun, he told her that she could be discharged from the hospital tomorrow. There are no major injuries, just some cuts and bruises that would heal over time.
The only concern was for Seohyun to relax herself and not to think too much over her incident. "Find a way to relax yourself. It's not good to be overstressed". And with a warm smile, the doctor excused herself and let Kyuhyun in.
He had been waiting outside, excusing himself to buy warm drinks for himself and Seohyun when the doctor came. He understood that Seohyun still needs her privacy and could not convince himself when the doctor is present to discuss Seohyun's condition. After all, he is the pretend boyfriend. However, deep inside, he wants to know everything about the girl. He was worried sick about Seohyun's condition and it has been bothering him since the incident.

"Hey..." Kyuhyun walked towards Seohyun who was sitting facing the window. Upon hearing Kyuhyun's voice, she turned to his direction slowly, smiling a little.
Kyuhyun felt so relieved when Seohyun smiled at him, even for the tiniest seconds. She had been expressionless since the incident and he was wondering to himself when will Seohyun turned back into her original self. It was hard for her, he knows and so he decides that he will let her adjust and not force her.
"Are you alright? What did the doctor said?"
"I can be discharged tomorrow......" She said with so much uncertainty.
"That's good"
"I don't know........."
"Seohyun? If you're afraid, I will accompany you"
"No...no....that's not what I meant. I'm just.........."
"You're afraid?"
Seohyun shakes her head. "No....not really". She doesn't want to admit to Kyuhyun that she is indeed afraid to be alone. Her parents are not coming to visit her any sooner. She had kept it a secret from her family about the case as she did not want to worry them. Seohyun also did not want to burden Kyuhyun any further. Who is she to him anyways. He's only helping her because they are friends. Maybe close friends now as he seems to be spending more time with her. She wish it is something more but put that aside as she remembers their deal. Kyuhyun had been extremely caring towards her, something she realizes by the way he treats her. She doesn't want to make it more complicated. She shouldn't been thinking about all these when she had so much more to face.
"Seohyun?" Again, Kyuhyun's voice brought her back to reality.
"Huh? Yes? What?" She looked at him cluelessly.
"Are you ok? Do you need me to call the doctor?" Seeing Kyuhyun's worried face makes Seohyun feels even guiltier.
"No, no...I'm fine. I will be discharged tomorrow. I can't wait to get out of here" Smiled widely, talking as confidently as she could in hoping that Kyuhyun would believe her.
Her sudden change of attitude made Kyuhyun gaped for a while. I should not push her any further, his mind tells him.
He smiled back, "If so, let's pack your things then. I'm sure Donghae wouldn't mind sending you back home tomorrow. My car's still in the workshop" He said as he rubbed his neck.
He notices the slight dissappointment in Seohyun when he mentions his friend's picking her. "I will come too" He winked and that made Seohyun blushes hard.
"It's ok if you're busy" Somehow, she manages to reply him but she can't look into his eyes.
"I insist, Seohyun"
Secretly, Seohyun feel so relieved.

What are you thinking? What is this feelings that I'm having? It's feels so warm but what are these unfamiliar feelings? Questions both were thinking at the same time while looking at the floor.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N : Updated again! Cos' I feel so sorry for the hiatus. I also want to wrap this story as soon as I can. Hopefully, I won't keep you waiting for long.