The Project

The Love Bet

Chapter 8

After talking for a while it was decided that the two would go over to Sooyeon’s house to brainstorm some ideas for the project. Sooyeon had noticed a couple of things about Tiffany as they talked. One: she was always smiling; it was like she lived off of smiling to people. Two: Tiffany was known as the prodigy. Sooyeon could hear murmurs about Tiffany wherever they were; she was known to an amazing fashion designer and if anyone was to become famous, it would be her.

"This place is incredible, do you live here alone?" Tiffany asked while looking around the living room.

"No, my friend, Yoona, and I share it. She’s working right now," said Sooyeon following wherever Tiffany went.

"That’s cool," Tiffany mumbled, too absorbed in looking around. Then, something caught her attention. It was a picture frame.  And she couldn't believe who she saw in the picture.

"Who’s this?" She pointed to the frame and Sooyeon looked over her shoulder to look.

Tiffany wanted to know Sooyeon's side of the story before she came to any conclusions. It could be someone that looked like him, right? Or they could just be friends. But then, she thought, why would she have a picture with him framed and why would they be wearing wedding attire? She shook her head; she would listen to Sooyeon before assuming stuff.

"That's my…” Sooyeon didn’t know is she wanted to say he was her husband. It wasn’t like he ever cared for her in anyway; all he did was marry her and then ran off to his home. However, at the moment nothing else came to her mind since they were in their wedding attire, “…husband."

Tiffany nodded slowly and muttered, “Okay.” Then shook her head, looked at the photo again a bit closer this time. The man in the picture without a doubt resembled someone she knew but still she needed to know all the information before she could think anything.

"Tiffany?" Sooyeon asked hesitantly. 

"May I know what his name is?" That would make it final, knowing the name would put an end to Tiffany’s worries, or may just be the flare that starts the fire.

“Jiyong,” Sooyeon replied, not understanding why Tiffany was acting this way. Even if it had only been a few hours of knowing Tiffany, Sooyeon could tell that this was odd behavior coming from Tiffany. There was something wrong; Sooyeon just didn’t know what that was.

Tiffany was speechless and she stared wide-eyed at Sooyeon. It was truly him, she was not mistaken. "How long have you guys been married?" She couldn’t believe how Jiyong would get married and not even tell his friends. 

"Four months."

Tiffany decided that she was going to beat Jiyong up. He had kept the fact that he was married for four months to himself. She would’ve thought that one would bring up their marriage but apparently not.

"Wow. I-” It was then Tiffany realized how odd she must’ve looked to Sooyeon. She smiled sheepishly, “Sorry about how I reacted. It’s just I’ve known this guy for a very long time and I didn't know that he got married."

"You didn't? Oh." Sooyeon looked down. She couldn't believe that Jiyong didn't even want to tell his other friends that he was married. Her expectations of the man weren’t that high but she still had that sliver of hope that Jiyong would mention to people that he was married. But, she thought, he had no reason to since it seemed he was pretending the two never even got married.

"That must sound horrible, I’m so sorry. I didn't mean to-" Tiffany quickly interjected.

"No, no, no, it’s not your fault,” Sooyeon quickly rebutted and shook her head.

Tiffany nodded and went to sit on the couch; Sooyeon followed. "If you don't mind me asking, how did it all happen? I've known him since we were kids and I can't believe he married without telling me."

Sooyeon thought about it, since Tiffany seemed like she genuinely knew who Jiyong was, she didn’t mind telling her. She filled Tiffany in with all she knew, from the very beginning to when her father mentioned getting married until Jiyong left. When she was done Tiffany stretched back on the couch.

"Wow," was the only thing that came out of Tiffany’s mouth. It wasn’t like the situation was extremely outrageous; in fact Tiffany had seen this coming, with Mr. Kwon always setting Jiyong up. It was just the way Jiyong handled it that she didn’t like. If he didn’t want to get married then he shouldn’t have married Sooyeon, but just because of money he married her. Tiffany had always hated that about her friend; he knew what’s wrong and the circumstances of his decisions but would still go along with them. Tiffany was sure Jiyong knew what he was doing when he left Sooyeon and that just didn’t settle with her.

“He always does this,” Tiffany muttered.

“Does what?”

This,” Tiffany waved her hands towards Sooyeon. “He always makes stupid decisions, that idiot,” she added as an afterthought.

Sooyeon just shrugged not wanting to add fuel to the fire. Anything she would’ve said would have made Tiffany even more exasperated.

“He does though! Does he not?” Tiffany turned to Sooyeon, “Aren’t you even a bit angry?”

“I…” Sooyeon trailed off, it wasn’t like she was all that happy at what Jiyong did; he just left her. At first she was optimistic; she thought since he didn’t cut off all ties with her, he still called her even if those calls were short, that he would return—or ask her to come to him-- and they could at least try the whole marriage concept out. Month two came along and he stopped contacting her, which was when she started getting angry at Jiyong because he just left her. Sure, they didn’t exactly know each other when they got married but Sooyeon hoped that they could get to know each other. It angered her that Jiyong didn’t even try.

Then, she gave up thinking of him. All hope of them turning into a normal married couple was thrown out the window. She stored the thought of Jiyong in the back of her mind and never returned to it. So, answering the question of if she was angry wasn’t difficult: “No.”

“But why? Aren’t you mad that he just left you?”

Sooyeon looked away, it was true that Jiyong left her but then again she had allowed him. She was the one who said yes when her parents asked if she was okay with it.

“You have to get back at him! He can’t just leave you and think that’s alright. He made a commitment when he said those vows and married you. He can’t go ahead and pretend that never happened.”

Sooyeon’s head turned back to Tiffany, “Get back? How?”

 Tiffany smirked, “So you are angry at him.”

Sooyeon quickly shook her head, “No it’s not that, I was just wond--“

“It’s alright, I understand,” Tiffany interrupted and raised a hand. “No need to worry, I got this.”

“But-“

“No really, I got this.” Tiffany patted her heart with the same hand she raised.

Sooyeon looked at Tiffany oddly, “Exactly what have you got?”

Tiffany waved her hand, “All in good time, my friend…But for now, let's get to work on our project!” She winked, and then stood up in search of the materials she brought. “We totally got sidetracked, didn’t we?”

~~~

Sorry about that. The names weren't the ones they were supposed to be but I've fixed that. 

Monday, March 10, 2014

Mar5122: Heyyy!! Pretty quick update! I have lots of time on my hand these days since it's March break so I will definetly update at least once or twice more befor having to go back to school. :) These next couple of chapters will be focusing more on Sooyeon than Jiyong so i hope you aren't sad. ^_^ But I think the story is progressing well XD

Please COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE! It means a lot to both me and mycatWalter :3

mycatWalter: HIYA! My co-worker has been writing  so much lately that I get even more excited when we get to post another chapter. i think that since  the previous chapters are still fresh in my mind. It's the same feeling i get when i read a book. "what's gonna happen in the next chapter?!"