First Bet

The Love Bet

Jessica plopped on to the couch, she was exhausted. Not that she was exercising or anything. Nope. It all had to do with Tiffany.

Ever since eight in the morning Tiffany had been teaching Jessica the essentials of being a ‘rich city girl’. She taught Jessica of how to sit properly; with the correct posture, how to walk in seven inch heels while going up and down stairs and earlier she had Jessica how to act around guys. It didn’t really work out as well as Tiffany planned since there weren’t any guys to practice with. So she gave up that plan and had made Jessica practice walking in heels again.

“But, I’m already tall why do I need to make myself tall?” Jessica whined when Tiffany had tossed her a pair of stilettos. She came out as five foot three without the heels and when she wore them they made her look much taller than she’d ever imagined her to be. She had to admit that they made her look good but the discomfort they provided clouded her judgements.

“Sure, but you should know why you need to wear heels,” Tiffany replied.

Jessica breathed out a sigh of both exhaustion and knowing. Tiffany was right, heels would accent an outfit and make it complete. Not being able to walk in heels would be a disadvantage for Jessica in the long run.  She started rubbing her feet, “Are we done now?”

Tiffany looked at the time, “I guess for now. Not forever but only now.” She got up and headed towards the kitchen, a few minutes later she returned with a bucket full of warm water. She set it next to Jessica, “Here, put your feet in, it’ll help with the pain.”

 “Thanks,” Jessica murmured and slowly put her feet in the hot water. She yelped at the contact and then put her foot gingerly back in, this time sighing in contentment.

“No problem,” replied Tiffany also plopping on the couch, “I do that whenever I wear heels for too long.”

 “Oh yeah, I almost forgot!” Tiffany exclaimed after a while of silence. “I’m having a party next weekend! And you have to come.”

“What? A party?” Jessica looked at Tiffany hesitantly. “I don’t want to go to a party.”

“You have to come! Jiyong’s going to be there and we have to start our revenge somehow.”

Jessica was still hesitant on the whole revenge plan. She didn’t want to use Jiyong’s techniques back at him because then what does that make her? But she decided to go along with it until it went too far, then she could pull back then. The more Tiffany talked about his antics, the more her anger at him started rising up again and that was what ultimately made her go for it. 

“And,” Tiffany continued. “This isn’t like a high school party. My parents are really the ones who are hosting it so it won’t be full of drunken people, my parents would never allow that. Though, there will still be the odd one here and there.”

That made Jessica feel slightly better, even if she had never been to a high school party she heard enough about them to not want to go. However, she still felt anxious. Everything was happening so quickly that Jessica couldn’t quite take it all in.

“I’m…” Jessica started.

“…worried if you’re ready?” Tiffany raised her eyebrows. “Jessica, we’ve been working on this for a week now. You’ve learnt so much, you can go up to Jiyong and he will flirt with you.”

Jessica placed her elbows on her knees and rested her head on her hands. She sighed, it was true. Jessica had done a three sixty in the past week. From her clothes to all the way to her personality, it all had changed.

Her old wardrobe had been thrown out and she was now wearing contacts rather than her glasses. Tiffany had even taught her how to act around people; she could longer be the shy, awkward girl but rather the confidant, smooth girl. Jessica and smooth didn’t have a good past relationship but apparently they had to reconcile and be best buddies again because Jessica needed to be one with smooth. She didn’t know how well that would work out. Jessica raised her head and relaxed back on the couch.

“It’s just everything is going so fast. A week ago I was Sooyeon who came here to potentially go work for a fashion company but now I’ve turned into Jessica; a totally different person: a person who is confident and is supposedly able to play guys. I have to act like a totally different person and I don’t really know if I want to.”

Tiffany hadn’t really thought of that, she never did. Every time she does something it always ended up with her forgetting something, this time it just happened to be Jessica’s feelings. Tiffany wanted to slap herself for forgetting something so important. She hadn’t even considered Jessica’s feelings when she started her revenge plan; she had assumed Jessica would be willing to go along with it.

 She didn’t even know Jessica that well. Though it felt like they’ve been friends for years, that wasn’t the case, they only meet a week and half ago. So for Tiffany to understand Jessica fully would be impossible, but Tiffany had forgotten that.

“I…” Tiffany drew a long breath. “I’m sorry I didn’t consider your feelings when I started this plan. And, I’m not saying that you have to become someone else, I’m just saying you just have to remove that shy character away from you and be a bit more confidant. Also, you don’t have to be able to play guys you just need to play one guy. And that won’t be too difficult considering that I know he’s gonna be head over heels for you and that you have me right by your side.”

 “How are you so sure he’s going notice me?”

“Oh, do not give me that look, I guarantee it. Wanna make a bet?”

“A bet?” Jessica knew that Tiffany and Jiyong ad knew each other since they were kids and knew him better than the two days Jessica spent with him. “No thanks.”

“Awww, come on, just a small bet. I thought you said he wouldn’t be interested in you? Why are you backing off now?” Tiffany smirked.

“You know too much about Jiyong so I don’t really feel like it,” Jessica replied.

Tiffany was silent for a bit, “Our five week program starts tomorrow, right?”

“Yeah?” That was also when their fashion project was due. The two worked really hard on it the first few days and were able to finish it so they could focus more on the revenge plan rather than a fashion project.

“That’s perfect!” Tiffany clapped her hands together. Jessica was majorly confused.

“What’s perfect?”

“Jiyong’s a model there!” Tiffany asked.

“What?” Jessica’s eyes widened and then remembered Tiffany had mentioned that before. “Okay, so he’s a model there? What about it? How do you know he’s gonna be there tomorrow?”

Tiffany grinned, “I just know, alright? So the bet is if Jiyong doesn’t notice you in the crowd of people then you don’t have to go to the party but if he comes up to you and flirts with you or even asks for your name, you have to come to the party, okay?”

Jessica still did not like that idea. She didn’t want to see Jiyong. There was also the part about messing up and giving her identity away.

“If that’s the case then play it cool, like you knew he was going to find out it was you.  But I’m ninety percent sure that he will not think it’s you.” Tiffany replied when Jessica asked.

And, that’s how Jessica bet on it; Tiffany wouldn’t stop until she got what she wanted so there was no helping it.

~~~

Monday rolled in and Tiffany had come over to pick Jessica up for their first day of getting revenge on Kwon Jiyong.

The moment Jessica woke up she was already a ball of nervousness. She was panicking; she couldn’t put a decent outfit together because of nerves so Yoona called Tiffany to help. The moment Tiffany arrived she reminded Jessica to not get so nervous about meeting Jiyong.

In truth, Jessica wasn’t nervous about seeing Jiyong; it was more about messing up. She didn’t know if she could keep in character. But the more she thought about it, the more she realized how wrong she was. She could care less about messing up since she didn’t even want this revenge in the first place.

She was more nervous about seeing Jiyong.

She knew she was supposed to be mad at him; which she was. It was just hard for her since she was about to be meeting her husband in an hour. That sounded weird even in her head, how many girls meet their husband just to seek out revenge on them? 

Running a hand through her hair she took the clothes that Tiffany handed to her and went to get changed.

Tiffany went to the living room and sat on the couch with Yoona joining her. The two had got to know each other as Tiffany kept coming over and now they were close as well. For that reason, Tiffany extended her invitation to the party to Yoona as well.

Though Yoona said she would be fine without going Tiffany told her that Seunghyun wanted to see her. Tiffany told Yoona that Seunghyun couldn’t stop talking about Yoona ever since he came from the wedding. Her laughter wouldn’t stop when Yoona started to blush.

Yoona wanted to see Seunghyun too since she had been texting him and they even made plans to meet but they would always get cancelled. She was worried that it would give away that Jessica was really Sooyeon if she went to the party. Tiffany explained that there was no way they could guess that. Tiffany wasn’t even supposed to know about the wedding so they would never suspect anything.

~~~

The two walked into the Kwon and Co.’s official room for the competition with their project in their hands. The amount of people scurrying around was astounding to Jessica and it seemed there were more people here than last time but it was easy to distinguish the professionals from the rookies.

Looking around again she took in notice the different layout of the room. Last time they came, the room was more open and there were areas for people to sit around. This time Jessica could see that the room was divided into six sections and different things were set up in each.

One had a white backdrop with a camera and lights set up, another had a table full of different fabrics, the next one was blocked off to form a separate room, then there was a table full of notebooks and chairs surrounded it, next to that there was a projector set up and a few chairs lined up, and the last area was left bare.

The last time Jessica came she didn’t take in the extravagance of the room because even though the room was split up it didn’t feel cramped in any way. was hanging open as someone—an employee, Jessica assumed—led them to another room to set aside their project and sign off their names.

When they walked back to the room Amanda from the last meeting was standing in front of the section that was bare. All the competitors walked towards the area and Amanda explained what was going to be happening today.

There were a total of fifty people that were given a chance in this competition and today the fifty would be split into groups of ten. Throughout the week, each group would get a chance to work in each section.

When Jessica was put into a different group than Tiffany, she grew worried. The reason she wasn’t so nervous anymore was because Tiffany had been right next to her but now that she was in a different group Jessica was nervous again. When she looked towards Tiffany’s group, however, Jessica saw Tiffany grinning at her. When Jessica gave her a confused look, Tiffany pointed in the direction that her group was headed towards.

Jessica turned around and saw the person she had not wanted to meet. Jessica couldn’t believe that her group was the one that would work with the models first. Glancing back at Tiffany once again Jessica saw the girl wink before walking towards her station. Jessica sighed and turned around.

That was when her eyes met Jiyong’s who was standing off to the side with the other models. Quickly, she diverted her gaze and caught up with her group. Not forgetting to take in his appearance with that short gaze. He was dressed in a simple white V-neck t-shirt and faded blue jeans like all the other models. His hair was longer than she remembered it and she had to admit, she liked it better. She stopped thinking of him as they got closer to the station.

Ignore him, Jessica thought, Ignore him, as per Tiffany’s orders.

And ignore him was what she did.

She ignored him when everyone was told to introduce themselves even when she could feel him looking at her. She ignored him when he ended up standing next to her as the instructor explained the importance of matching the type of clothing to the person wearing it when once again she knew he was looking at her.

It was going well for Jessica, she was ignoring him and since he never actually tried to flirt with her she was winning the bet. That is until the instructor told them it was lunch time.

She was looking around for Tiffany but when she couldn’t find her, she went off her own buy lunch. She didn’t want to be alone for lunch but Tiffany was her only friend here. When she entered Kwon & Co.’s food court and looked around she still couldn’t spot the red haired girl. Deciding that she would just eat lunch alone she bought a sandwich and sat down at one of the few empty tables.

One bite into the sandwich she heard something fall next to her. Looking down she spotted a fork and picked it up. She held it out, “Here, you dropped this.”

When she looked up at the person who dropped their fork, she wasn’t expecting it to be her husband. Who, it looked like, didn’t think that he was looking right at his wife with a smile on his face.

“Thanks,” he grabbed the fork and set his tray on the table. Jessica raised her eyebrows.

“Can I sit here?” he asked and Jessica’s hopes for winning the bet went down the drain.

She muttered a quiet, “Sure,” and went back to eating.

He proceeded to try to make conversation throughout the rest of lunch and having no other choice Jessica replied where she thought necessary. She kept Tiffany’s advice in her head the whole time.

 “Short and to the point,” she had said during the drive to the company. “If he asks you anything, keep your answer short and to the point. But, don’t try to look too detached, try to look only the slightest bit interested, just to keep him wanting more,” she said after thinking for a while.

Even with the advice in her head Jessica couldn't stop herself from showing interest in what Jiyong was saying. He kept cracking lame jokes and Jessica couldn’t believe that that was the same Jiyong she had met four months ago.

She couldn’t help but feel a bit bitter. He was acting so nice to Jessica but when it was Sooyeon he was so condescending. Just because she got a new style and looked rich now, he was attracted towards her.

Soon, lunch was over and Jessica started to avoid Jiyong again. This time it wasn’t due to Tiffany’s advice but rather because she just couldn’t bear to look at Jiyong. It hurt to know that she got married to such a man.

By the end of the day Jessica was exhausted. When she stepped into Tiffany’s car, even before Tiffany could speak up Jessica said, “What time does the party start?”

~~~

Saturday March 21, 2015

I hope you liked the chapter and i'm sorry for these out of the place updates, i'll try to update more frequently now =)

And don't forget to comment and subscribe!

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Mar5122: Hey hey hey!! Jiyong finally meets Jessica!! This was basically from Jessicas perspective and the next chapter will be for Jiyong (I think). School work has been piling up and up so taking a break from that and writing a bit was such a stress reliever. I think you also noticed that there is Lee Minho in this story, LOL. MycatWalter totally loves Lee Minho (not that i don't) and she really wanted him to be in this story, haha- even if it feels out of place. XD

mycatWalter: LOL. it is true... i find him gorgeous~ and a great actor. :3 But dont get me wrong there are a lot of actors and actresses that i like! teehee ;)