Calling... in 3.. 2..

The Love Bet

"What?"

They both turned their heads towards the direction of Jessica’s apartment door. There they saw two figures, Yoona covering and Seunghyun who was sporting an amused look.

 Jiyong looked at Jessica then back at the couple by the door. He glanced at the girl he held close once more and saw her blushing. He’d never seen her blush at him before and he went shy himself. He rubbed his hand along his neck and into his hair, ruffling it.

All Jiyong’s player-ness had seemed to disappear into thin air as he just confessed to a girl. A girl he apparently was falling for and was now standing there awkwardly. He didn’t want to be in this situation.

“So, Seunghyun, you need a ride home?”

Seunghyun, being considerate of Jiyong glanced once at Yoona and then nodded at back at him. He patted Yoona’s head and murmured a, “see ya,” just to get her out of that statue-like state she was in. She shook her head a bit and smiled slightly at Seunghyun.

The two guys sat in Jiyong’s car, both not really knowing what to say. After what seemed like an eternity Jiyong started the car and drove out of the lot. Seunghyun took this as a good time to speak up,

“Dude, you’ve really fallen for her?” He smiled at him, Jiyong had shown signs of opening up to Sooyeon during his wedding and now he’s finally opened up to Jessica. Seunghyun just didn’t understand how Jiyong didn’t realize that Sooyeon is Jessica yet.

Jiyong grew flustered, “No I haven’t, I just…”

“You just what? Admitted that you were falling for her?”

“Yeah? But that doesn’t mean I like her,” Jiyong argued.

“You just said you were falling for her, man. You, honestly, can’t be saying that you don’t like her.”

“Yes I can,” Jiyong said adamant. Even if he was opening up, he wasn’t ready to admit he liked her.

Seunghyun shook his head hoping his friend will realize soon enough.

~~~

Back at the girl’s apartment Jessica stood there dazed. She did not imagine this to happen. Sure, this was in the plan but she didn’t expect this outcome so quickly. Where did the reputation of being a player go to? Even if it had been weeks of knowing him, it felt like much less since the majority of the time spent was ignoring him.

 It seemed like Yoona was confused as well and since Seunghyun snapped her out of her daze, she would have to do the same to Jessica. It would just be ten times harder.

Yoona walked up to Jessica and guided her into the apartment. Jessica followed her like a robot. She was lost in her thoughts so when Yoona called her as she was walking, she didn’t hear. She walked into her room, shut the door and lay down on the bed facing the ceiling.

What just happened? Those thoughts would not escape her brain. She kept replaying what just happened in her head over and over again.

Without realizing it she started to drift off into sleep but woke up to the sound of voices in the living room.

“Oh my God!” Jessica knew that voice. No one else was able to squeal like that. She pretended to sleep because she knew what was about to happen. A second later the door to her room opened.

“You have to tell me everything that happened,” demanded the person. I'm asleep, Jessica chanted in her head. I'm asleep. I'm asleep. I'm asleep... I am asleep!

“Jessica, I know you’re awake.” Jessica looked up in dismay at the person who was standing before her: Tiffany.

The only thought in Jessica’s head now was that this was going to be a long night.

~~~

The next day Jessica groggily went to company. All the while wishing harmful things upon Tiffany as Jessica had been told that Tiffany had no reason to be at the company since she was done the project they were working on. It was eight in the morning and Jessica had stayed up until two explaining everything to Tiffany, only to find out that Tiffany didn’t have to go to the company the next day. Jessica, however, noticed that Tiffany started to act oddly around the end of their conversation. She had this look like she was coming up with the next part of her plan, as if getting Jiyong to confess was the easy part.

Tiffany had sent her out again on, yet, another “mission”. Jessica needed to get Jiyong to actually confess. Tiffany said that Jiyong tends to blurt things out and then denies having said a thing. Getting him to willingly admit it again would be a challenge. A challenge that Jessica had accepted.

That wasn’t where Tiffany’s oddness ended though. Just before she left, she told Jessica about another plan she had in mind. Jessica couldn’t really understand her since Tiffany kept mumbling to herself but she caught words like, “another guy,” and, “make him jealous.” All Jessica knew was that she wasn’t looking forward to that.

Jessica sat in her seat and the instructor started talking. This was the first time that Jessica wasn’t able to pay attention in class as Jiyong hadn’t snuck in. Also, Jessica had to do something later that she was dreading. The first part to Tiffany's plan, "getting a confession," involved Jessica being alone with Jiyong. You would think that this part is fairly simple, right?

Wrong.

Though she had a legitimate reason to call Jiyong over, Jessica was still nervous. What happened yesterday made her anxious and she didn't know how she would face Jiyong. It looked like Jiyong felt the same way as this was the first time in a while Jiyong hadn't shown up to her class. However, Tiffany's words stuck to her.

"You have to Jessica! You do want him to be yours, right? Girl, if you don't step it up then he's going to go back to his playboy antics and you're going to be left behind, again. Do you want that to happen?"

Of course she didn't, but it's not always that simple. She also felt that Tiffany over dramatized it and even if she didn’t Jessica didn’t know what to think. When Tiffany changed her plan to getting Jiyong to fall for her rather than getting back at him, Jessica didn’t take it in as well as she thought.

When she agreed, it was due to the reason of Jessica not wanting to hurt someone. Not because she actually liked Jiyong. It was hard for her because she had never truly liked anyone before. When she was younger boys were just there, they weren’t anything she needed to be interested in. So growing up, she had never liked a guy.

Now that Jiyong was in the picture and she was already married to the guy, she had no idea how to deal with it. She could see herself liking him, but every time she did, she would get reminded that he had willingly cut off ties with his wife and was now flirting with another girl.

If, just if she was able to forget that, than she could picture herself seriously falling for him. The disappointing fact was that there may never come a time in which she could do that.

Jessica was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't realize the instructor had stopped talking and everyone was making their way out. It wasn't until he came up to her and called her several times that she came out of her daze.

"Jessica?" Mr. Kim asked, but when Jessica didn't here he said it again, only louder, which finally made her come back to reality.

"Huh?"

"Everybody else is heading out to work on their project. Is everything okay? You seemed out of it today," He asked, worried. Jessica had become one of the competitors to look out for as everything she handed in was done with a high degree of quality. Jessica was a diligent girl who always listened intently at the instructors spoke so it seemed weird for her to zone out so much.

"Oh, yeah I'm good; just have a lot of things on my mind." More like one thing, she thought, or rather a person that goes by the name of Jiyong.

"Alright, well if you ever need someone to talk to then there are a quite a few people with helping hands. Just take it easy on yourself, alright?" He smiled encouragingly.

"It's okay. This is something I have to deal with myself." She got up, said goodbye to Mr. Kim, and left the class. She had made up her mind.

She was going to call Jiyong.

She was not Sooyeon anymore but was Jessica. She could be whoever she wanted to be and right now she felt like she wanted to be a bit courageous. She was going to play it cool. Hopefully, she prayed.

She got out her phone and began contemplating whether to call or text. In the end, she chose to call. She felt that calling would be more 'courageous' of her.

She looked at the area to look for a spot to sit. Oh, good, she thought, spotting an empty picnic table and there were some trees that will provide sufficient shade. She sat down and stared at her phone for a while. Then she pressed the call button and held the phone to her ear.

"Hello?"

 BEEEEPPP.

~~~

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Yeah! An update on Jessica's birthday! I thought it was sort of compulsory, you know? Haha, I hope you liked it! Please comment and subscribe =D

Monday, May 26, 2014

mycatWalter: Hello Hello, this chapter has a little bit of drama in it... like a very small fraction of it, which is all good! Love triangles on the other hand... I mean I love Heirs though! LOL they certainly have an interweaving love hexagon going on there!  Well. Enough with that, I wish that all of you out there will have a great week and continue to read what Mar5122  has graciously written! :3

**Love triangles will not develope within this story that the author has created but possibly in another story she might conjure up one day out of the blue, that is all**

Mar5122: Don't mind what mycatWalter is saying. She is...idk. Anywho, did you like the chapter? I know I left you guys on another cliffhanger, LOL. Aren't cliffhangers amazing though? Haha. Right now I'm bombarded with school work but I still wrote this for all of you lovely subscribers! Next chapter may or may not come anytime soon since exam time is coming. xD