My Last Nerve

The Love Bet

The next morning was a busy one. Everyone had somewhere to be and didn’t have a lot of time getting there. It was Monday again which meant the competition, which meant Jessica working with Jiyong, which meant a whole lot of trouble.

Jessica woke up early so she didn’t have to face Jiyong but then soon realized her plan would go down the drain as they had to work on her fashion project; which was due in a week. Jessica sighed as she left the washroom and remembered another thing; she didn’t even need to go to school. They were supposed to finish their fashion project so they weren’t needed to go to the company.

She looked at the clock and saw it was only nine in the morning. Deciding that she would wake Jiyong up in a little while, she headed to the kitchen for some breakfast. As she got there she saw that the other Kwon’s where already up.

She greeted everyone then went to get a glass of water. After gulping down a whole glass, she turned towards Yuri and Jonghyun who were eating breakfast. “How come you’re both up at this time?”

“Well, I have to go to the company and Yuri has a class,” said Jonghyun.

She nodded and started searching for something to eat. She found a box of cereal she liked and sat down across from Yuri and Jonghyun.

“How’s it going with you and Jiyong?” asked Jonghyun after a few bites of his own breakfast.

Jessica immediately blushed at the mention of Jiyong. Yesterday, when Jiyong had walked into his room Jessica stood there. She was so embarrassed that Jiyong had seen her wearing her PJ’s and had been so close to her. She wasn’t used to it.

The blush didn’t go undetected by the Kwon’s who both were sporting mischievous grins now. They looked like twin Cheshire cats. That made Jessica back off instinctively.

“It’s…uhhh…going well,” Jessica said at last. Their looks were just scaring her now.

“Just well?” asked Jonghyun.

“What happened last night? Something definitely happened last night!” added Yuri.

Jessica shook her head and told her face to stop blushing; it had a habit of not listening to her. She took a spoon full of cereal to delay her having to answer as Yuri waited impatiently. “Nothing happened,” Jessica said at last.

“Yeah right,” said Jonghyun as he got up from the table. “I’m guessing the misunderstanding is all cleared now?”

Jessica smiled and nodded. She finished up the last of her cereal and got up as well, “Well, I’m gonna go now,” she glanced at the time and thought that it would be okay to wake up Jiyong up now. She hurriedly put her dishes away so Yuri wouldn’t question her.

“Wait,” Yuri called as Jessica walked away faster. “You haven’t told me what happened!”

Jessica smiled and walked off. Though she didn’t want to talk about what happened, she couldn’t help smile at how excited Yuri became. She climbed the stairs and stood in front of Jiyong’s bedroom door. She was extremely nervous. Her feelings for Jiyong were increasing each day and she didn’t know how to react to that.

“What’re you doing?”

Jessica jumped and turned around. She stood face to face with Jiyong who seemed like he just left the washroom. Jessica face-palmed mentally; why couldn’t things just go her way, she thought. “I… was going to wake you up…but,” she pointed at him, “you’re… already awake.”

Jiyong nodded skeptically, “Why did you want to wake me up?”

“Oh, well, I just wanted to work on the project for fashion class so I thought I would wake you up and we could get started on it.” She started to fidget from one foot to the other. She did not like this situation. Jiyong was staring at her like she suddenly grew another head.

“And we couldn’t work on it later?”

Jessica hadn’t thought of that. When she remembered it needed finishing she just wanted to work on it and get it done.  “I…”

Jiyong was fighting a laugh. It was fun pushing her buttons; the reactions she gave amused him greatly. It was getting harder and harder to hold it in. Then he couldn’t help but let out a chuckle, seeing Jessica so stricken made him want to relieve her of her misery. “It’s alright. It’s not like you woke me up anyway. As you can see I’m already awake.”

She visibly loosened up, Jiyong chuckled once more, “Come on, let’s get started.”

“Aren’t you going to have breakfast?”

“Oh yeah,” he remembered, “I’ll be right back, why don’t you just go in and we can get started after I get back.”

She nodded as he left to eat breakfast. She walked into the room and looked around. It looked the same as the last time she came. First, she stepped near the couch to sit on it, then thought otherwise and went to the closet. She thought she might as well get started on the project and look at some of Jiyong’s clothes for inspiration. She still had no idea what kind of clothing to design for him since this was her first time designing something for the opposite . All the pieces of clothing he had were all so different from each other and it made it even harder.

She opened the closet and once again was awestruck; he had so much clothing in there. Walking in, she noticed that though not a lot had changed in Jiyong’s bedroom, quite a lot had changed in his closet. She let her hand glide over the clothing as she looked through his wardrobe.

She, however, was so into looking at the clothing she didn’t see the box lying on the ground and tripped on it. Letting out a yelp she regained her balance and looked down at the box. Her eyes grew curious at the papers sticking out from it. She knew it was wrong to snoop around and to go through someone else’s belongings but she couldn’t help be inquisitive; the papers looked rather familiar.

 It was hard for her. It really was. But she knew it was wrong. She would not look through the box, se determined. She nodded and started to walk away from the box when something from the other side of the closet caught her eye. She knelt down and picked it up; it was a picture. She didn’t want to look at it but curiosity got the better of her and she turned around. There was a young looking Jiyong with his arms around a girl Jessica didn’t know. It looked like it was from their early high school years. She smiled seeing the large grin that was plastered on his face.

“Jessica?”

Jessica’s head swung to the direction of Jiyong’s voice just as he noticed the closet door open and entered. His eyes widened at the realization of what was in Jessica’s hand.

“What’s that?” He asked anyway, even though he knew exactly what it was.

“Huh?” Jessica was startled, she looked at Jiyong and then to the picture she was holding. “Oh, this? It-“

“Where’d you get that?” he cut off and started walking towards her.

Jessica was extremely startled and tried to get out a proper sentence but failed. Jiyong had reached her by then and he snatched the photo from her hands.

“Why were you going through my belongings?”

“I wasn’t,” she shook her head. This was exactly why she decided not to snoop. “It just-“

“Oh you weren’t, huh?” he asked incredulously. “Then why were you holding this picture,” he waved it for emphasis. “And are in my closet?”

She shook her head for the umpteenth time, “I wasn’t-“

“-You weren’t?”

He wasn’t letting her finish a sentence and it was really starting to annoy her. Just as she was about to say something Jiyong cut her off once again, “You know what? Whatever.”

He walked out of the closet and towards the bedroom door. Jessica followed, thinking Jiyong was storming out but instead he held it open.

“What?” She asked after a few seconds silence. Jiyong was just standing at the door.

“Get out,” he puffed. “I’d like some time alone please.”

Her eyes widened, “What?”

“Please leave,” he said slowly.

“Exactly why are you asking me to leave?” Jessica wasn’t even able to explain what had happened. Jiyong was just assuming things once again and wasn’t letting her talk.

“Because I’d like to be alone.”

“And you’re not even going to let me explain?” She stepped towards him trying to catch his eyes. He was looking everywhere but at her. Sighing, he let go of the door handle and walked towards Jessica. He looked right in her eyes.

“What’s there to explain?” He glared.

She was taken aback; how could he make so many assumptions? Well, she was going to stay strong and explain to him, “A lot.”

He raised his eyebrows mockingly and gestured with his hands for her to continue, “Go on.”

His actions were really getting on Jessica’s nerves. She could feel the tears in her eyes but refused to let them out. She had no reason to cry, she did nothing wrong. Swallowing her nerves she continued, “Well, what you saw back there-“

And she was interrupted once again; this time not by Jiyong. “Having a lover’s quarrel already?” Minho asked as he leant against the doorframe.

That hit Jessica’s last nerve. She couldn’t take getting interrupted again. Breathing deeply once she looked up to Minho who was now gone from joking to serious mode. She avoided his eyes and stormed out the room.

Minho looked as Jessica left and then his eyes drifted to Jiyong. “What’d you do, man?”

Jiyong ran a hand through his hair, sighed, and walked towards his door. He pushed Minho off the doorframe and shut the door.

~~~

Monday, July 6, 2015

Update number 2 of 3! =D

Saturday, November 15, 2014

mycatWalter: Hiya! It's been a while, hasn't it? Well Mar5122 has had a ton of science homework these past months, being our last year we have to pay extra attention to our courses! But she has thought of way to finish the story by Christmas! (Or shortly after that) Thank you Writer's craft! We both took it so that we could get better.. And that's all :3

Mar5122: Heyy! It's been over a month and I'm really sorry for not updating!! However I will try to update quicker from now on! That's because I'm taking on this story project for class and I have to have it done by the end of the semester in January. That being said the next chapter may take a while to come out becasue I'm totally editing the whole story not just finishing it. Also, do you like the drama? Please do drop a comment, I love reading them ^_^