The Revelation

The Love Bet

Jiyong hung up his phone and slammed his head on the steering wheel of his car. He couldn’t believe what he did. The one thing he hated about his girlfriend and mom was what he had done.

He had left.

He had married a girl and then left, as if it wasn’t his duty to stay with her. He had hated his mom for the longest time for just leaving him because it was her job to stay with him. When she left he broke but when he had the responsibility of staying with someone, he left.

The day before he had entered his closet he came upon the box Jessica had fell on a few weeks earlier. For the past couple of weeks he had just ignored it but that night he felt like taking a look.

First he found the picture of him and his ex but he quickly set that aside and kept looking through. That was when his eyes set on a folder. He wasn’t able to recall what it was until he opened it and viewed the documents inside.

It was his marriage documents.

The one’s he signed and confirmed that he was married to a Sooyeon Jung.

He stared at the papers for the longest time. He had totally forgotten about her and he felt horrible about it.

He got out it his phone and tried to call her but her number was disconnected. Not knowing what else to do he went and talked to his siblings.

“You guys knew I was married yet you didn’t remind me?” he asked, his disappointment in himself turned into unjustified anger.

They just turned from the television to him with wide eyes. “What? What’re you talking about?” Jonghyun questioned.

“What I’m talking about is that I have been going out with Jessica like everything’s normal when in fact I’m already married to a girl. Why would you guys no remind me at all?”

They all noticeably sighed and Jiyong glanced at them confusedly but decided not to call on it.

“We thought you would know and plus you’re an adult now, you make your own decisions,” answered Minho while the other three, Minyoung, Jonghyun and Yuri nodded along.

“But still, even if I’m an adult you still could’ve reminded me that I have a wife!” Jiyong exclaimed.

“We thought you would know that!” Yuri shot back. “Who forgets they have a wife?”

He ran a hand through his hair and groaned, “I do, apparently.”

There were a few snickers heard throughout the room. “You know you’re really oblivious, right?” Yuri said but instantly regretted it. The other two shot her glances which she effectively ignored.

“What’d you mean?”

Yuri pondered for a second, “That you actually forgot you had a wife.”

Jiyong, who was distressed didn’t notice that the answer didn’t match its question but went on to say, “Yeah thanks, I’ve realized.”

“Yeah and there’s a lot more you need to know, “Jonghyun coughed out and the other two snorted.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Jiyong stood staring down at his siblings who were acting really weird. Except his siblings were always weird so he didn’t think too much into it.

“Nothing,” Jonghyun said, trying to hold in a smile.

“So what’re you gonna do now?” Minho asked.

Jiyong shrugged and sat down on one of the couches. “I don’t know.”

“Did you try her cellphone?”

“Yeah, the number’s disabled.”

Jonghyun muttered something that Jiyong couldn’t quite catch but before he could think any further Yuri asked him something.

“Did you try her parents’ number?”

“No,” he shook his head. “I don’t know it.”

“What about directly going there? You must know their address,” asked Minyoung who finally decided to pitch in a word of her own.

Jiyong stared at her in horror, “What if they kill me for leaving Sooyeon or what if she does it herself?”

They all shot him an unbelieving look like they thought he was some sort of idiot and he raised both hands in surrender, “What? They could!”

Jonghyun smacked his hand across his forehead, “Jiyong, can you use your brain for a second? I know it’s hard but can you try and think about what you just said?”

“Alright, so they won’t kill me but they won’t like me for what I did.”

“Do you like what you did?” retorted Minyoung and Jiyong sighed again.

“No, so I guess kind of deserve whatever they say to me, huh?” They all nodded and he ran a hand down his face.

He looked up and saw them watching him, “But if I had stayed with Sooyeon then I wouldn’t have met Jessica. At least that’s something good.”

Minho snorted but covered it up with coughing afterwards and Minyoung smacked his shoulder while trying to keep her smile hidden.

“Yeah, that’s good,” Minho said.

~~~

That’s how he ended up in his car, about to drive to the Jung’s and he was the most nervous he’s ever been. He was not looking forward to seeing the reactions of the Jung’s, especially Sooyeon’s.

After hanging up on Jessica he decided to call his friend who also knew about the whole ordeal.

“Hmm?” Seunghyun muttered groggily. Jiyong looked at the time: eight am and Seunghyun didn’t wake up until ten minimum.

“Hey, sorry man for waking you up but I need to talk to you.”

“Uhgg, you seriously have got to stop your habit of doing this,” Seunghyun said, sounding a bit more awake. Jiyong tried to think of the other times he’s done this and realized that there have been quite a lot.

“Oops,” Jiyong said.

“Oops my a—“

“I’m going back to the Jung’s,” Jiyong butted in.

“What? Why?”

“Because I’ve realized I’m an idiot and can’t just continue being married to someone I don’t like no matter the consequences.” Or at least that’s what he came up with after thinking all night about it.

“Wait, hold up a second,” there were some ruffling noises, most likely from Seunghyun getting up. “What the hell did you just say?”

Jiyong sighed and went on to explain everything that had happened yesterday from when he found the box until now. When he was done he settled back into the seat of his car.

“So you’re gonna go to the Jung’s?” Seunghyun asked after a few seconds.

“Yeah.”

Seunghyun snorted, he tried to cover it from the speaker but Jiyong heard it anyway.

“Why is everyone doing that?” Jiyong asked, exasperated.

“Doing what?”

“Laughing! Every time I mention anything to do with Sooyeon or the Jung’s they all laugh. Like you all have some sort of inside joke that I’m not involved in.”

There it was again, Jiyong heard it; Seunghyun trying to hide his laughter. It was annoying him to no ends but he still couldn’t figure it out. It was right there in front of him but he just wasn’t able to figure it out.

“It’s nothing, don’t worry about it. So when are you leaving?” Seunghyun asked, trying to divert the conversation.

“Right now,” Jiyong replied. He knew what Seunghyun had just done but there was no point in digging deeper, nobody would tell him a thing even if he tried.

He hung up and put his car into drive. The drive to the Jung’s took a few hours and when he knocked on their door Krystal, who answered it, looked extremely shocked. He had expected that to happen.

“Jiyong?” She held the door open with and eyes wide open.

“Hi,” Jiyong answered awkwardly, holding his hand up to wave.

“What’re you doing here?” she asked, still not recovered from the shock of seeing Jiyong, her brother-in-law, who was supposed to be with Sooyeon right now, on her front step.

“I—uhhh-- is Sooyeon here?” He asked while rubbing the back of his neck.

“Huh? What’d you mean is Sooyeon here? Isn’t she with you?” Krystal asked. The last she heard the two were together in the city.

“What? No, she’s not with me. Why would you think that?”

“Because she said she was.”

Before Jiyong could ask any more questions, Mrs. Jung appeared in the doorway. “Oh, Jiyong, what are you doing here? Is Sooyeon with you?”

That made Jiyong even more confused, Sooyeon had been lying to her family about the two’s relationship. “No, she’s not with me.”

“Oh, really? Well, come on in,” she allowed him in and they sat down. “What brings you here?” she asked.

Jiyong wasn’t sure if he wanted to say the truth or go along with Sooyeon’s lie. In the end he decided to go along with her lie since he’s already done enough to her.

“I’m sorry for intruding, I would have called but Sooyeon wouldn’t tell me your number.”

“It’s alright, but what’s so important that you would drive two hours to get here?”

“Well, I wanted to go over to Sooyeon’s place but she wouldn’t tell me where that is. No matter what I asked and having no other choice I decided to come here and ask you.”

“Why wouldn’t she tell you?” Krystal questioned.

“Something about being mad at me still.”

“Oh that girl,” her mother shook her head and got up. She found a piece of paper and pen and wrote down the address. Folding it in half, she handed it to Jiyong. “Here you go; we won’t keep you for long.”

Jiyong smiled and got up, “Thanks, Mrs. Jung.”

She looked at him sternly, “It’s mom to you now.”

He smiled once again but this time sadly, “Bye...mom.” He didn’t want to hurt them but he had no other choice but to do so to get with Jessica.

She walked closer to Jiyong and gave him a hug, “Bye, next time you come bring Sooyeon with you and you have to stay the night.”

He nodded, hoping that it didn’t show he was lying. He waved bye to Krystal and left the house.

When he got into his car he took out the paper and read the address. He knew that address really well.

Almost to the point of it being engraved into him. There was no denying it that was Jessica’s apartment. He looked at the apartment number and wasn’t sure if that was Jessica’s or not.

He didn’t know why but he still didn’t want to believe it. Throughout the two hour drive he told himself it wasn’t true.

Or maybe it was.

But then he tried to think of reasons as to why she would do that. It didn’t make any sense to him. He went through all the possibilities.

She could’ve just wanted a change in style and decided to do that, but then it didn’t make sense to him that she would hide that she was Sooyeon.

Then he thought she may have been doing it as a form of revenge. He had been a douche to her and it did make sense but he was hoping it wasn’t true. He really hoped it wasn’t true. He couldn’t have another female break his heart; he wouldn’t be able to bear that.

Then he may just be wrong and Sooyeon wasn’t Jessica. He couldn’t ignore the fact that their names were similar as well.

Even after going through all those possibilities his mind just couldn’t handle Jessica being Sooyeon. It wouldn’t compute properly.

That is until she opened her door wearing glasses and had no makeup on. He laughed unbelievably and turned around. He held the doorway for support as he laughed hysterically.

“Jiyong? Is everything alright?” she asked quietly.

He slowly straightened up and held out five fingers. Jessica looked confused and was about to speak but Jiyong held his other hand up, successfully cutting her off.

“Five weeks,” he started. “Five weeks and I didn’t notice.”

Sooyeon looked really confused but then she went rigid.

“Sooyeon,” he whispered looking right into her eyes. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I,” she started but stopped when tears started rolling down her face. “I-I'm sorry.”

“Hey, why are you crying?” he said as he walked closer to her. He lifted a hand and wiped the tears off. “You don’t need to cry, I’m not mad. Confused? Yes. Mad? No.”

“Really?” she asked and he nodded.

“I just want to know why? Why would you not tell me you were Sooyeon?”

“That’s,” she paused, “a really long story.”

He smiled at her, “Alright, then just answer me one thing.” When she nodded he continued. “Do you love me?”

She looked into his eyes, his answer clearly evident in them. She smiled, “I do.”

That was all the answer Jiyong needed to lower his head and place his lips on hers.

The End

~~~

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Woohoo! Over a year later and after multiple drafts The Love Bet is officially over! I do hope the ending was satisfactory. I know that this story wasn't perfect and there were many mistakes but I want to sincerly thank those people who stuck around and read the story with all its faults.  All you subscribers and upvoters and especially those who commented, it meant a lot to me and is what made me want to continue writing this story =D

THANK YOUUUU!

Also like I said before I am writing another story! It's Jisica again since a lot of you seem to like this couple. It's called: The Art of Understanding so please do check it out! Here is a link to it http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/992033/