"What?"

The Love Bet

The next day when Jessica was walking to Kwon & Co. Jessica couldn't stop thinking about how Jiyong was going to act around her. He would always sit next to her and would flirt. She didn't know if he would now. But, when she walked into class she saw him looking in her direction and gave that flirty smile he always did. She unconsciously also smiled, he noticed and his smile grew bigger.

Last night Jiyong thought about it a lot. His past memories haunted him all the time. When he met Jessica those memories were forgotten and he started acting more like his old self. But yesterday he was reminded again about what happened and he didn't like that. When he tried to make himself forget Jessica, he wasn't able to.

~~~

It was after Jessica had left when Jiyong had realized what he had done. He had no reason to be cold to Jessica but he let his past get to him.

He was used to running away from his past; used to storing the memories in his attic and never going up there again. But, only a slight trigger was needed for them to fall out of the attic and remind him of what happened.

He hated it. Every time he was reminded of his past, he would shut down. But this time he didn’t allow himself to do that. He knew if he were to do that than the opportunity to be with Jessica would go away.

He honestly didn’t know why he was so interested in her. She blew off every one of his offers for a date and ignored him. However, there was something different in her that he just couldn’t pin point. It was there, he was sure of it, but he could never figure out what it was. And he wanted to know. He wanted to understand just why it felt that he was missing something.

He looked at the glass of vodka in his hands and sighed. He slowly put the cup down and called his childhood friend. The person who knew Jiyong from day one and knew things that only a select few were allowed to know about him; that person’s name that happened to start with an ‘R’ and ended with ‘aiden’, in other words, Seunghyun.

“Hey man,” Seunghyun answered.

“Hey, you busy?” Jiyong asked.

“Huh? Something wrong?”

“Are you out right now?” Jiyong could hear people’s voices in the background.

“Yeah, I’m on a date with Yoona, but, is something wrong?”

Jiyong dropped his head to the hard marble countertop, “It’s nothing, never mind.” He ended the call. He didn’t want to ruin Seunghyun’s date and for something like this.

He wasn’t even sure talking about it would help and if he were to talk then what would he talk about? He shook his head against the countertop.

He stayed like that, not wanting to drink but too lazy to get up. About ten minutes later Seunghyun walked into the bar and looked around for his friend. Spotting Jiyong, he went near and tapped his shoulder. Jiyong grudgingly raised his head and his eyes widened.

“What’re you doing here? And what about your date?”

Seunghyun waved his hand as he took the seat next to Jiyong, “It’s fine, she was the one who made me come here.”

“How’d you know I was here?” Jiyong asked. He didn’t remember telling him.

“Where else do you go when you’re in a bad mood?”

Jiyong nodded and grabbed the glass of vodka again. Bringing it near to his mouth he made a face of distaste and put the cup down.

“Now tell me,” Seunghyun ordered. “I didn’t skip out half way through a date to sit here and do nothing.”

“Tell you what? I don’t even know myself. I hear one word from Jessica and all these memories come back. Just when I was about to forget them, she had to go and say that one word.” This time he grabbed the cup and actually started to drink it but Seunghyun grabbed his hand before he could drown the vodka.

“What’d she say?”

“A bet. She thought I may be going after her because of a bet,” Jiyong laughed bitterly and out the cup down. Seunghyun winced at the words, not the best thing to come out of Jessica’s mouth.

“Man, you have to let it go. It’s in the past, right? Why are you ruining your chances with the girl you like now just because of what happened in your past?”

Jiyong ran a hand through his hair, did he like Jessica? He shook his head. No, he was only interested in finding out what was different about her. He didn’t like her; he wouldn’t allow himself to like her.

“You’re doing it again,” Seunghyun said.

Jiyong turned to Seunghyun, “Doing what again?”

“You’re blocking your emotions off again. You always do that, whenever you feel slightly interested in a girl, you just back off. Stop doing that and just let yourself actually like someone.”

Jiyong hated how right Seunghyun was all the time, “Why should I though?”

“Why shouldn’t you though?” Seunghyun countered.

“Because of the pain that comes with it,” Jiyong muttered.

“Are you so afraid of pain that you’re going to run away the rest of your life? And aren’t you forgetting that along with the pain comes happiness? The whole relationship isn’t made out of pain. Pain is inevitable but you have the happiness, the joy of being with that person that overcomes the pain.”

Jiyong knew that, he knew there was happiness underlying all that pain. But, he wasn’t sure he was ready. Maybe he was afraid, maybe he didn’t want another heartbreak because it did hurt. It hurt a lot.

The more he thought about it though, the more the good moments came back, the times he actually enjoyed being in a relationship.

He may not be ready to nose dive into a relationship just yet, but he was willing to try. He was willing to stop running away from his emotions, to face them. And what his emotions were telling him was for him to not loose Jessica.

~~~

When he saw Jessica come into class and even smile at him his heart started beating faster. He knew that feeling but tried to deny it. Even if he was ready to face his emotions, he wanted to go slowly, using baby steps.

"Hey there, babe," he said, smirking. He didn't say that very often—and especially not to Jessica-- but he knew the reaction he would get and wanted to see it. She gave him a side glance. Then instead of glaring at him like he thought she would, she looked confused.

He kind of figured that would happen. However, he was hoping otherwise.

Jessica always paid attention and would always give her full attention to the instructor, so even when Jiyong tried to talk to her she would ignore him. Today was no exception.

Jiyong tried for a bit to get her attention but to no success. After the day ended he bid goodbye to his other friends and followed Jessica out of the building.

He didn't think she noticed him so he went up to her back and slipped a hand around her waist, "We're still going shopping, right?"

She jumped and turned to him, "What?"

"We had plans didn't we?" He felt her remove his hands from her waist but he put them back there each time.

"That was next week though," she recalled. She was still half out of it. Her mind was in jumbles because she wasn't expected Jiyong to act like this. She was even starting to believe she had dreamt the way he was acting yesterday.

"Oh, who cares? This week or the next, does it really make a difference?" He motioned her to start walking again and she did without really knowing where they were going.

"I care, and it does make a difference."  She couldn’t have imagined it, no.

"Do you have plans today?"

"I, uhh, no." So why was he acting like this? She decided to let it go, she wasn’t going to get any answers so there was no point in trying.

"Then it's settled. We’re going shopping today," he said as he held open his car door for her. She got startled because she didn't realize that they were at his car. Without refusing, she stepped into the car.

He started driving. About five minutes into the drive Jessica remembered, "I never agreed to shop with you."

He chuckled, "You remember after you get in my car and we're already halfway there. That's nice and all but there’s nothing you can do now."

Jessica opened to talk but nothing came out. Jiyong laughed even more.

When they reached the mall Jessica couldn't help but squeal at how big it was. She loved to go shopping or rather window shopping. She then thought of the project with Jiyong, "I could look for clothes that suit you! That'll give me inspiration for the project."

"Are we here for the project or for us to go shopping?" He just wanted to spend time with her. Not work on her fashion project. He didn’t even know why he requested to go to the mall. He walked right into that one.

"Hmm..." she pretended to think deeply, "for the project." She grinned and walked off.

This was the Jessica Jiyong had wanted to see. Not the confused one. He jogged up to her and dragged her into a store.

"This is a men's store though!" She tried to leave but he caught her arms pulling her back.

"Didn't you say you wanted to work on the project?" He smirked, he knew she just wanted to go shopping but she was the one who said it, right?

It looked like she knew that too because she wasn't able to give a coherent response. She, instead, went deeper into the store and started searching for clothes.

Jiyong walked up behind her to see that she already had a bunch of outfits in her hand. She turned around and stuffed them into his chest.

"Here you go, now try them on." She looked right at him until he grabbed the clothes and then went back to get more clothes. He looked down at all the clothing in his hands and thought about what he had just gotten himself into.

For the next hour it was Jessica throwing clothes at him and him trying them on. He had never tried that many pieces of clothing in one day. Even yesterday at his house he didn't try on nearly as much clothes. By the end, Jiyong was exhausted and Jessica couldn't count how many times she wanted to burst out laughing.

It seemed like ever since Sooyeon became Jessica she let out her more confidant side. She was never able to act like this before and she loved it. Seeing Jiyong all pouty was the cutest thing ever. She decided that it was finally time to let him off the hook.

"I guess we're done. Find anything you want to buy?"

"What? Oh, nope, nothing,” he looked at all the clothes he’d tried on.  “Actually maybe a couple of these," he said as he chose out some outfits he liked. He was so happy to be out of that store and done changing into clothing.

Jessica felt like turning the roles as Jiyong would always so she wanted to get back at him. At the next male store they passed she stopped and pointed in its direction, "Wanna try out some of the clothing in here? It looks like a nice store."

The look Jiyong gave back told her all she needed and couldn’t hold in her laughter any more. She walked ahead into a female clothing store instead.

Jiyong couldn't believe this. Jessica was making a fool of him! Jiyong never got a fool made out of but she was doing it easily. He needed to get back at her.

So for the next hour Jiyong tried his hardest to get her embarrassed or flustered but it was impossible. He just couldn't do it.

The two had forgotten the events of the day prior but once dinnertime came around Jiyong remembered. He didn’t know what to think of how he felt, especially now when he wasn’t running away from them anymore. All the signs were there that he liked her but that was impossible, he thought. He couldn’t just like a person that easily. He kept on telling himself that it was finding out about Jessica that made him interested in her.

Once again, Jiyong was in a daze and didn’t realize that he had been staring at Jessica the whole time they were eating. Jessica looked up at him, “What?”

“Huh? What?” He looked at her and then remembered that he was staring at her$.

“Why are you staring at me?” He needed to get out of this situation quickly and said the first thing that popped into his head.

“Did you think I was looking at you, sweetie? I was looking at that hot girl sitting behind you.”

Jessica turned around and, all too well there was a girl behind her, and a good looking one at that. She turned back and scowled, “Hmph, whatever.”

He couldn’t believe he said that. He wasn’t staring at the girl behind Jessica, he was staring at Jessica. Now he was lying to her about staring at her, that’s great. Why was he even staring at her in the first place?

They finished diner without either of them really talking and headed home. During the drive no one spoke either, too engrossed in their thoughts. Jessica remembered the way Jiyong had acted yesterday and decided that it was no big deal. When they reached Jessica’s apartment Jiyong got out and open the passenger door for Jessica. Then walked her to her apartment even after she tried to stop him he still went.

As she was getting out of the elevator he did the staring thing again. He stood there, staring at her getting out of the elevator and turning towards her apartment. It wasn’t like someone who was just watching someone leave to see if they would be okay, it was more than that. She wasn’t facing him but she could feel him staring at her. She turned around and surely, that was what he was doing.

 “What?” she said, emphasizing it. “Is there another hot girl behind me that your stari-” She got cut off by Jiyong’s hand. How he was so close to her that fast amazed Jessica.

 He grabbed a piece of loose hair and put it behind her ear. What came next surprised the both of them.

“I think I may be falling for you,” he whispered. Jessica was wide eyed and when he realized what he said, he went rigid.

“What?" a voice interrupted.

~~~

Monday, April 13, 2015

Please comment and subscribe! =) (I'm so tired so I don't know what else to write)

Friday, May 9, 2014

Mar5122: Hiya!! So its been a long week for me, exams are coming up and i really want to focus on studying so please if i dont uptade for i while I'm SORRY! Also my USB once again crashed on me =( This time i did save most of the resources i had but all the photoshop files and png's that i made are all gone and then to add on to that my Internet was down for 2 weeks!! Heehee, yeah not going very well for me. 

I hope you liked this chapter! Please comment and Subscribe(if you haven't :P)