A Compromising Situation

The Love Bet

Jessica stared up at a rather enticing pair of eyes then looked down at their bodies’ closeness. She saw just how compromising their position was. A blush rose to her cheeks and she looked away.

“Sorry,” she muttered and shifted, trying to get up but was held back by the males body.

“It’s alright,” he tried to push himself up but felt a pain in his hand and fell even lower. Their body’s only centimeters apart.

“Oh my goodness, I’m so sorry!” she exclaimed, reaching for his hand. It was her fault for crashing into him. She wasn’t paying attention when she walked out her room and slammed right into him, causing them both to fall. His hand must have taken all the impact.

“Oww,” he groaned as Jessica prodded his hand trying to find out where the pain was.

“Jessica?” a new voice said.

Their heads snapped to the speaker’s direction, “Jiyong,” Jessica said, her eyes widening.

“Jonghyun,” Jiyong glowered at his younger brother who was lying on top of Jessica.

“I,” Jonghyun glanced at their position, then to Jiyong, and back to Jessica, “Yeah.” He used his good hand to push himself up.

After a few seconds of them trying but failing to get up Jiyong stormed over and pulled Jonghyun up. Jessica dusted herself off and followed their lead. When they finally got up Jiyong just stared at the two with arms crossed.

Jessica and Jonghyun shared a look but didn’t say anything. They were both holding back their laughs seeing Jiyong’s expression that looked like an angry parent. Jessica couldn’t anymore and started giggling and Jonghyun soon followed with his laughter.

Jiyong stared at the two with a mix of confusion and anger, which just made the two laugh even harder. “What?”

They shook their heads, not able to stop their laughter.

Jiyong glanced at the two one last time then his heels and walked off. Jessica stopped laughing and followed him down the hallway.

“Wait!” she cried as she tried to catch up. He just sped up and tuned towards his room. “It’s really not what it seemed like!”

He stopped in his tracks still not facing her, “It’s never what it seems like,” he whispered. It wasn’t said to be heard by Jessica but she had caught it anyway and frowned.

“Jiyong, I can explain.” She heard the sadness in his voice and really didn’t want him to feel that way.

He spun around facing her, “Explain?” He laughed humorlessly, “That’s what everyone says, I can explain. But explain what? Why Jonghyun was lying on top of you and instead of getting up you were holding his hand? You can save that for someone else.”

Jessica opened to respond but Jiyong had already entered his room and shut the door. She stared at the door open mouthed. That was the first time Jiyong had gotten angry. Sure, there was the time when he didn’t talk to her but this time he looked angry.

And Jessica had a feeling that it wasn’t just because of the position she was in before.

~~~

It was now dinner time at the Kwon residence and everyone was seated at the dinner table. It had been two days since Jessica got there and she realized that the Kwon’s always tried to make time to have dinner together. She loved that they make time out of their schedules to eat dinner together.

But right now she thought that maybe it would be better if that wasn’t the case. The atmosphere at the table was tense. Jiyong wasn’t making eye contact with anyone, Jonghyun looked so sad and Jessica felt guilty. Even if Jiyong misinterpreted Jessica felt it was still her fault he looked like that.

The more Jessica thought about it the more confused she got. It didn’t make any sense for Jiyong to get so angry over that. She had just tripped and it didn’t even make sense for Jiyong to doubt Jonghyun in the first place. It wasn’t eve as if Jessica liked Jonghyun any more than a younger brother; he was four years younger than them! Nothing really made sense in her head at this point.

Yuri looked across the table at Jessica and raised her eyebrows, silently asking ‘What happened?’

Jessica shrugged slightly and broke eye contact.

The rest of dinner went similarly, with everyone sharing looks but never really talking. Right when they finished eating Jiyong got up and left, then Jonghyun did similarly. Everyone watched as they left and that was when they decided to speak up.

“What happened?” asked Minho, looking at Jessica who was picking at her remaining food.

Her hands paused, “I don’t even know,” she muttered then looked up, “he got mad at me and Jonghyun-“

“Why?” Yuri interrupted. Jessica shot her a look and murmured a quiet, “sorry.”

She then proceeded to explain what happened. Starting from the very beginning to the end where she tried to talk Jiyong but he walked off.

Everyone was silent. Minho was the first to break the silence.

“You should probably talk to him and get everything cleared up.”

Jessica nodded; she knew she needed to talk to him, but how? How was she supposed to go up to him and how was she supposed to talk to him? She kept on coming blank.

“I agree, the longer you don’t talk to him, the longer Jiyong will be mad,” added Yuri.

“But why is he so mad in the first place? I don’t think it was something that would make someone so mad,” Jessica asked.

“Jiyong can be a bit,” Minho paused looking for the right word, “sensitive. He gets jealous really easily, and... It’s also getting close to that day.”

Jessica then remembered when Tiffany mentioned that too, “So he’s jealous? And, what’d you mean? What day?”

A look of hurt flashed in Minho’s eyes but it was gone as fast as it came. Yuri who shared the same look suddenly perked up, “Oh my gosh, he is so jealous!” She started to laugh, “That is hilarious, he is jealous of his own brother.”

Jessica smiled slightly, trying to forget that they both avoided her question and started to pick up her plates. She shook her head at Yuri who was still laughing.

~~~

Three hours later and Jessica still couldn’t figure out how to approach Jiyong. It was time for bed and Jessica only had a little while before she would miss her chance. Jiyong was currently in the washroom and Jessica thought that she would finally talk to him after he got out.

She left her room and peeked into the hallway. He was still in the washroom. She stepped into the hallway and started pacing. There was a creak of a door opening and she spun around.

She froze.

Jiyong stood in front of her. He was only wearing a towel.

Whatever she thought about before went blank. She suddenly could not remember at all what she was going to say. Instead the image of them the day of their marriage came back; the day when she saw how hot the guy she married looked. She wasn’t surprised that he was a model, not one bit. Once again, it was proven to her.

Jiyong’s eyes landed on Jessica, he diverted his gaze and started walking towards his room.

Jessica broke out of her daze and ran towards his bedroom door. She stood in front of the door before Jiyong could reach it and spread her arms out.

Jiyong gave her a blank look, “Can you move please?”

Jessica shook her head, “No,” when Jiyong glared at her she added, “Not until you let me explain.”

“Explain what? There is nothing to explain.” He tried to move around her but she moved along with him.

“You know exactly what.” She gave him a pointed look and he backed off a bit. He crossed his arms and stood there. For a second, Jessica stood staring at his body again. She shook her head slightly. This was not the time to be thinking of how good his body looks.

“Alright, explain whatever you think needs explaining.” He gestured with his hand for her to continue.

“Okay,” she took a deep breath, “I don’t really get why I need to explain but here goes.” She looked at him in the eyes, “what you saw was not how it looks.”

She held up a hand when she saw Jiyong opening his mouth to speak, “Don’t even try. It really wasn’t. I was walking out of my room and wasn’t looking at where I was going. Jonghyun was there and I bumped into him. We both fell, his hand hurt so I tried helping him. That’s when you walked in. It wasn’t what you think. Not that I know what you think anyway.”

Jiyong just stared at her then suddenly smirked. Jessica’s shoulders started to relax. Then Jiyong started walking towards her. She took a step back as Jiyong got closer and closer. Eventually Jessica ended up backed up on the wall and Jiyong standing just a foot away from her.

“I saw you checking me out earlier. You like what you see?” He smirked and gestured towards his body.

Unconsciously her eyes followed his hands and she started to blush. He was far too close and underdressed, “Maybe?” She mentally slapped herself; she couldn’t believe that had just come out of .

He raised an eyebrow and took a step closer so there was practically no space between their bodies, “Really? Just a maybe?”

“No, not maybe but rather no I do not like what I see,” she shook her head again then made the mistake of looking up. She was surprised by the closeness of their faces. Jessica froze. Jiyong looked back at Jessica with such intensity that made Jessica want to close her eyes.

“But you just admitted you liked my body you can’t just take it back,” he whispered in a low seductive voice that even Jessica knew was one he used to get girls. She can’t say it didn’t work.

“But I just did,” she managed to say. How? That was also a mystery to her. Her eye’s drifted from his gaze but his had cupped her chin softly with his thumb and made her face him again.

“So you don’t like what you see?” 

She stared into his eyes and for a second she forgot about the conversation at hand and just looked at him. She had never taken the time to really notice how blue his eyes were; they were captivating. There was a mix of many different hues of that colour that mixed together that gave a very striking true blue stare.

He started leaning forward when she didn’t answer and Jessica breath hitched. What was he doing? Not what she thinks, right?

He smirked as he got closer and instead of going for her lips, as she thought, he leaned towards her ear. He stopped so close that she could feel his lips brush the skin as he started whispering.

“’Cause I know I do.”

He pulled back and Jessica stood confused. What did he mean by that? Then it hit her. Like a wrecking ball, she thought, but mentally slapped herself for being so dramatic.

She looked down at what she was wearing and blushed. She was in her PJ’s. They weren’t like the ones she used to own before but were a pair of shorts covered in bunnies and a loose t-shirt that had a large bunny in the middle. The t-shirt was so large that it made it seem as if that’s all she was wearing.

Jiyong chuckled at her reaction then sidestepped her and opened his door. He winked at her and entered his room.

Jessica blinked. That was not how she thought things would turn out like.

~~~

Monday, July 6, 2015

I'm really sorry for the late update! So to say sorry I'm going to upload three chapters today! This is part 1 of 3  =)

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Mar5122: Hii!!!! School started and now I'm in grade 12...I really didn't expect it to be soooooooooooo hard but my courses are killing me. I wanted to update earlier but I really had no time. I hope you like this chapter though!!! And I honestly cannot garuntee when the next chapter will be but I'll promise to try to write whenever i get the chance.

mycatWalter: Hiya! Ahhhh~ The ending to this chapter was my favourite! ahahaahaa welll... bye now :3