The Makeover

The Love Bet

Chapter 9

Throughout the day, Tiffany had been thinking of a plan as to how to get back at Jiyong for leaving Sooyeon. She figured since he left for four months without ever contacting Sooyeon that he must've forgotten about her. Tiffany also knew that Sooyeon was most definitely not Jiyong’s style.

The thing was Sooyeon wasn’t the only reason she was doing this; she was just one of the ingredients in a pressure cooker that was bound to burst; only Tiffany wanted to prevent that from happening. Tiffany hated the way Jiyong had become a player that has no care for anything and now knowing he had left his wife and continued to play around with girls just made her even more irritated. Now all she could think of was the desire to do something to set him straight.

By the time the next day rolled in Tiffany had finally come up with a great plan. She asked Sooyeon to meet up once again and decided to meet in Sooyeon's apartment at noon.

"I came up with an amazing plan to get back at Jiyong with," announced Tiffany, standing at the doorway, not even waiting to be greeted first.

"What?" Sooyeon stood there holding the door open and eyebrows furrowed. She had thought that Tiffany was asking to come over to work on the project, not to devise a revenge plan. She wasn't even sure if she wanted to get revenge.

"I came up with a perfect plan!" Tiffany chirped and let herself in since it looked like Sooyeon wasn't about to do that anytime soon.

"But I thought we were going to work on our project." Sooyeon closed the door and sat on the couch where Tiffany had decided to sit.

"Oh, we can finish that later. We have enough time," She waved her hands in the air. "Right now, what I want to talk about is making Jiyong pay back for what he did to you."

"But, he didn't really do anything wrong," Sooyeon interrupted. She knew that was a lie but she had agreed to him leaving. Even though she didn’t know he would stop contact with her. The only reason she was saying that was because she didn’t want revenge; she didn’t believe in revenge. Why stoop to someone else’s level and get the satisfaction from their misery? She didn’t necessarily have a longing for that sort of pleasure.

But, Sooyeon knew she was terrible at saying no to people. The word got stuck on her tongue every time she tried to say it. She knew that it could lead her directly towards trouble but nothing she did helped with her in being able to say no. However, for this one time, she told herself that if she did not like the revenge plan then she will not succumb to Tiffany’s words. She was not about to do something that could hurt a person, no matter how much she didn’t like him.

"You see, a guy should not just leave his wife alone for four months…No, not for four but for God knows how long! He might have never contacted you ever again! And you’re not just his friend or girlfriend, but wife! That's, like, on another level. You just too nice to notice that," Tiffany argued.

She was? Sooyeon could think of a few different words that would explain her better but she was content that nice was the word that came out of Tiffany’s mouth. Sooyeon decided that she would at least listen to Tiffany’s plan before making a decision.

 “So what was the perfect plan you were talking about?”

“We’re finally getting somewhere!” Tiffany sat up straighter on the couch. “I have an amazing plan to get back at him with.”

“Yes, we went over that, multiple times now,” Sooyeon grumbled, just wanting to know what the plan was already.

"Alright, alright, well here goes: I plan on giving you a makeover.” Tiffany looked at Sooyeon as if that was the best plan ever.

“A makeover?” Sooyeon raised her eyebrows.

“Yup! You might be a great fashion designer but when it comes to dressing yourself you are horrible, sorry,” she added as an afterthought. “I’m guessing it was most likely due to money, correct?”

Sooyeon nodded. She didn’t have a lot of money growing up and she eventually gave up spending money on clothes. Whatever she found was cheap she would buy; she gave up trying to look good.

 “But how will that help with getting revenge on Jiyong?” Sooyeon asked.

“Easy, when he sees the pretty you he will be mesmerized. I know he will ‘cause that’s just how he is, he sees a pretty face and is like ‘ooh another girl to play around with!’”, Tiffany says bitterly but shook herself out of it. “I don’t want him to know that it’s actually you though.”

“Why not?”

“I just want to play with him. If he knows it’s you he won’t treat you the same. He’ll act differently, but if he thought you were someone else you could play with him a bit. I know if you act like you don’t like him he will totally try to get you to like him. I’ve known Jiyong for a very, very long time and he loves girls that are hard to get. Like the typical player, he love’s a challenge. If he knew you were Sooyeon then he wouldn’t do that.”

Sooyeon nodded. She didn’t understand why it would make such a difference but decided to go along with it anyway.

“So my name will have to be changed also, right?” Sooyeon asked.

“Oh!” Tiffany said suddenly and jumped on the couch, “Jiyong’s family owns the fashion company we’re going to and he’s modeling there. I bet he’s going to be at the company when we start our five week elimination.”

Sooyeon wanted to hit herself since she should have known! The name sounded familiar when she heard it: Kwon and Co, but she pushed the thought to the back of her mind.

“Which means we need to get this makeover started as soon as possible!”, Tiffany exclaimed.

“By soon you mean?” Sooyeon asked. Tiffany contemplated and after a few seconds of thinking, she answered.

“I would say today is the best day since we have less than a week to get this makeover finished.”

     Sooyeon’s eyes grew double their size, she hadn’t even agreed to this plan and she was supposed to go through with it already? Also, it seemed Tiffany wasn’t good at explaining things so Sooyeon had to fill in the missing pieces herself. She didn’t really know where exactly Tiffany was going with, giving her a makeover and telling her to flirt with Jiyong. That would just mean she turned into one of his play things, nothing more, nothing less and she didn’t want that.

At this point though, she didn’t know what she wanted. Did she want him to come to her and live out her fantasy of a normal married life or did she want him to get a taste of his own medicine and never see him again? She had no idea and Tiffany’s revenge wasn’t helping. What would they accomplish?

 Tiffany spoke again after the silence had gone for a second too long, “What were you saying before? About your name? Hmmm, that definitely needs to be changed.”

“So I do have to change my name? But, I like my name.” Changing her name would be like changing her. That was the one thing that was kept constant throughout her life. She couldn’t just change her name and become a totally different person.

“I understand but we can’t let Jiyong recognize you and if he hears your name again then he’ll definitely recognize you, since your name is unique. How about we try shortening your name instead of changing it? It won’t make too much of a difference but it’ll most likely keep Jiyong from connecting the dots.”

Sooyeon could deal with that so she nodded, “What name though?”

“Well, how about Jessica?”

 “Jessica?” It wasn’t bad; it sounded alright. Sooyeon nodded, “It’s nice.”

“Okay, so we have that worked out,” Tiffany said and took out a notebook and pen. She opened it up and Sooyeon saw that there was a lot of writing on there.

“What’s that?”

“When I said I had a plan, I really meant it. I sorted out everything that we need to do to get Jiyong head over heels for you.” She held up the notebook for Sooyeon to see. “And then you crush him,” she mumbled.

Sooyeon or rather Jessica now, chose to disregard the last thing Tiffany said and looked at the notebook. There was a whole lot of writing.

Tiffany glanced at the notebook and then crossed off some things.

“Let’s get started,” She started getting up.

Jessica looked at Tiffany apprehensively. What does she have in mind now?

“Where are we going?” Jessica asked, also getting up.

“To the salon. We need to do something about your hair. It’s too,” Tiffany stared at her hair, “bland.”

“What are you going to do to it?” She didn’t mind it necessarily; her hair was a golden blonde colour and reached slightly lower than her shoulders. They were at the door now and Jessica was locking it.

“Add some depth to it? Get it styled to look softer and stuff. Oh and probably dye it as well. Do you have any colour preferences?” Tiffany said while walking in to the elevator.

“Okay,” Jessica drawled on, taking it all in, “I don’t know, maybe a chestnut colour? I've had blonde for too long now.”

Tiffany nodded, approving of the colour.

“What are we going to do after that?” Jessica asked.

“After that?” Tiffany looked at the notebook that was still in her hand. “We're going to get you some new clothes.”

 Something dawned on Jessica. How was she to pay for all of this? It wasn’t like she didn’t have money; she just had enough to get by with necessities.

Tiffany noticed what Jessica was thinking after glancing at her. That came later than she expected. “Are you worrying about how to pay for all this?”

Sooyeon looked at Tiffany shocked at how Tiffany was able to do that but nodded nonetheless.

“Don’t worry. I have more than enough money,” informed Tiffany.

When Jessica tried to interrupt Tiffany shushed her, “No you will not say that you cannot let me do that, okay? I made this plan up myself and will not let you pay for anything. I’m the one who dragged you into this, aren’t I?”

At least she knew, Jessica thought.

They got out of the building and went towards Tiffany’s car. When they arrived at the salon Tiffany sat Jessica down and instructed the haircutter how to style her hair. After that it was time to hit the mall.

Once again it was Tiffany doing all the work. Jessica just stood there while Tiffany chose clothes and then Jessica changed into them as they were brought to her. When that was done they Tiffany would buy the clothes that they agreed on buying.

That was how the whole day went by. When they finally got home, Tiffany’s car ended up being full of shopping bags.

Yoona had come home earlier and was making dinner when the doorbell rang. She didn’t know who was knocking since Sooyeon had a spare key. When she opened the door she saw two girls whose hands were full with bags. One looked slightly like someone she knew and then it hit her, “Sooyeon?”

“Hey, Yoona. Mind helping us with this?” Jessica said while gesturing to the bags of clothing on the ground near the door. 

“It is you! Oh my gosh,” Yoona’s eyes were almost about to bulge out of their sockets.

“Yup that’s her, only her name is now Jessica,” said Tiffany. Yoona’s eyes traveled to her and Yoona had no idea who she was.

“Oh, sorry, we haven’t met have we?” Tiffany tried to lift her hand to go in for a handshake but her hands were full. Yoona let them in and they set all the bags down.

“Hi, my name’s Tiffany. I came over yesterday to work on mine and Jessica’s fashion project but then I noticed that she had a picture of Jiyong and…” She continued to explain what had happened in such a short amount of time.

When she was done Yoona looked at Sooy--Jessica.

“So that’s really you? Wow,” Yoona marveled at how Jessica looked now. There weren’t many changes but the few that occurred had made Jessica’s appearance that much better.

Jessica’s hair went down her back and ended right above her waist due to extensions and now was a meduim brown colour. She wore a white V-neck shirt tucked in pair of black jeans, an ed denim shirt over that and finished the look with a pair of oxfords. 

“She looks great, doesn’t she?” said Tiffany, while Jessica just stood there embarrassed. The style of clothing wasn’t very different to what Jessica would normally wear but the quality was so much better and much pricier than anything she had ever bought before.

“You look amazing,” Yoona praised, then excused herself as she realized she had left the kitchen unattended.

“So we're done, right?” Jessica plopped onto the couch.

“Done? Are you serious?” Tiffany started laughing. “We still have a long way to go. This was only the beginning.”

~~~

I hope you liked the chapter =D 

Thursday, March 13, 2014

mycatWalter: I'd like to start off by saying that I'm the one to make you guys wait for this chapter because i didn't do the editing fast enough. m('_ _)m Gomen! (okay soooo truth is... i dont know how to say a lot in korean so i hope its okay with you that i reverted back to japanese!).

Anywho~ Readers, please forgive me! I shall make it my goal to edit faster! Au revoir pour aujourd'hui  :3  (ya.. i don't know much japanese either)

Mar5122: Hello! This will probably be my last quick update for now. I'm sorry but school is starting again soon and then I'll have sooooo much work. I will try to update fast!!!!!! 

By the way have you guys heard about the dating rumors with Jessica? SM denied it though! It's not that I don't want the girls to date freely it's just the guy she was rumered with was.......not the best. Well SM said that they're only friends which I believe because Jessica even said that if she was caught dating she would reveal it.