One Very Long Day

The Love Bet

It was now five pm and everyone was lazily sitting on the couches while staring out the window to see when the storm was going to pass by. After the fire nobody wanted to go back to the game and the electricity came back on, so they decided to watch a movie.

It was a rough time as no one wanted to watch the same one. So the results were based on whoever won ‘rock paper scissors’. Tiffany beat all and chose a romantic comedy, while the girls were fine with the choice, the guys felt uncomfortable, but didn’t complain. 

The movie finished and somehow they ended up all on the same couch, so it wasn’t exactly comfortable either.

“I’m hungry!” whined Tiffany. The last time they ate was at twelve and all of them were un-doubtfully dying of starvation as well.

“I’m not cooking,” Yoona said. A chorus of, “Me neither” and, “Same” followed immediately afterward. Everyone looked around trying to find the last person who spoke.

“Why don’t we settle this like we did with the movies?” interjected Joongki and they nodded.

They all played another round of ‘rock paper scissors’. The first two losers were to cook dinner and somehow the only two people who couldn’t stand each other ended up doing the job. Jiyong and Joongki were the two first eliminated and immediately Jiyong was shaking his head saying, “No, no, no, and no. Not him.”

Joongki smirked and asked, “Why not?”

Jiyong shot him a glare then sighed and got up. He walked towards the kitchen with Joongki at his heels. “What should we make?”

Jiyong didn’t answer but instead opened the fridge to look for ingredients. He then went to the cupboards and rummaged through them.

“Ignoring me will not magically produce dinner,” Joongki said when he realized he was not going to get an answer from Jiyong.

“I don’t know,” Jiyong answered, while leaning on the island.

“Well, what do they have here? We need to make something up with this.” Joongki then started doing the same thing Jiyong was doing earlier.

“What do you know how to cook?” Joongki asked while looking through the cupboards. He glanced at Jiyong and saw him thinking.

“I know how to cook,” Jiyong replied, not really answering his question. Joongki chuckled silently and turned to face Jiyong. An idea just popped into his mind.

“Okay, so I was thinking why don’t we have some fun with this?” He gestured around the kitchen.

Jiyong furrowed his eyebrows, “What kind of fun?”

 “I cook something and you cook something. We’ll serve it to them and whoevers they like more will win. The winner will be able to ask the other person anything and they have to answer or do it. No matter what,” Joongki smirked at Jiyong. “But if you make the other person do something it will last for today only,” he added as an afterthought. Both of them did not know each other’s capabilities so this was a fair competition. If Jiyong won then Joongki had an idea of what he would want so the effects should only be left for the day.

Jiyong thought it through and nodded, “Okay, sure, it's on.”

Then they both got to work. Jiyong decided to make a simple dish that he was confident in, which was pasta. Joongki saw what Jiyong was about to make based on his ingredients and just to annoy Jiyong, he decided to also cook pasta.

They got all their ingredients and set up on either sides of the kitchen.  They set it up so the kitchen was equally divided and all the ingredients were on the island behind them, just in case they needed to share ingredients.

They both started cooking without uttering a word to each other.

~~~

Back in the living room, Tiffany was explaining why she had introduced Joongki to the three. When she whispered to Yoona all she had mentioned was that he was a part of her plan but didn’t reveal anymore. After explaining the situation Seunghyun burst out laughing.

“That is genius! Jiyong gets jealous so easily it’s hilarious,” Seunghyun couldn’t stop laughing and soon Tiffany joined along. Yoona and Jessica sat there confused at what the two found so funny.

“Do you remember that time when Jiyong got jealous of my doll?” Tiffany asked Seunghyun between laughs. Yoona and Jessica shared a confused look.

“Oh yeah! I can’t believe he actually got jealous of it,” he went into another round of laughter.

“Wait! What are you guys talking about?” Yoona asked, trying to calm the two down. They released a last chuckle and calmed down. They looked at each other and were about to start laughing again but this time Jessica intervened.

“You guys!” They stifled their laughs and turned to Yoona and Jessica who were looking really confused.

“Sorry,” said Tiffany, not looking an ounce sorry. “I’ll explain, just one sec,” she held her hand out and drew a long breath. She glanced towards the kitchen to check if Jiyong was there or not. When she was sure he wasn’t, she turned back.

“You have to promise you won’t tell him that you know of all this, alright?” The two nodded while Seunghyun leaned into the couch and smiled at the memory.

“I’ve known Jiyong since we were toddlers because of our parents, and at that time we were really close. We grew apart later but at that time I was basically the only friend Jiyong had and we used to hang out all the time. On my sixth birthday party my parents bought me this toy and I liked it so much that I played with it the whole night. Along the way Jiyong started sulking. He eventually went and sat on the couch not talking to anyone and making this pouting face. It was hilarious! All these kids were asking him to play with him-“

“Me being one of them,” Seunghyun added.

“-and he just kept sulking. After a while I went up to him since everyone told me he wasn’t talking to anyone. He said I wasn't playing with him and spending too much time with the doll.” By that time Tiffany couldn’t hold it in any longer and starting laughing again. Soon Jessica and Yoona were giggling.

“That’s pretty cute,” Jessica added in between giggles.

“That’s why this is the perfect plan!” Tiffany screamed then quickly put her hand over . They all looked at the kitchen and hoped Jiyong hadn’t heard.

~~~

“Seems like they’re having fun,” Jiyong murmured while cutting vegetables up. Joongki glanced at him and smirked.

“Sure does.”

For the past thirty minutes the two haven’t uttered a word to each other and continued cooking. Joongki felt like playing Jiyong a bit more since he seemed so easily annoyed. Joongki couldn’t help himself, it was too much fun.

“So, how’s your dish going?” He asked in an over exaggerated curious voice. Jiyong looked up from cutting and saw the smirk that was playing on Joongki’s face. He got even more annoyed at the guy.

“Fine,” Jiyong curtly replied. He turned back to cutting the vegetables and placing them in the dish he was currently making.

“Just fine?” Joongki questioned and quirked a brow.

“Perfectly fine, it’s going amazingly, okay?” Jiyong didn’t look up but he could just picture the smirk on Joongki’s face.

“Alright, alright,” Joongki was indeed smirking and it kept growing. He had to bite his lips to keep from laughing.

Suddenly, they could hear a loud scream and they both jumped. Joongki looked up from his dish and Jiyong’s hand that was holding jerked causing him to cut himself.

“Oh crap!” He looked at the cut on his finger and saw blood dripping from it. He cursed. 

Joongki looked at Jiyong confused, “What’d you do?” Jiyong shook his head and Joongki just shrugged his shoulders. Then he saw the cut on his finger, “Wow, you really need to get that bandaged.”

The cut was pretty deep so Joongki quickly turned off his stove and went into the living room.

“Where’s the first aid kit?” He asked quickly and looked back and Jiyong who was following mutely while holding his fingers. Yoona pointed at the closet down the hall and Joongki walked towards it.

Getting out the first aid kit he went to see Jiyong’s finger, “Man, how the heck do you manage to cut yourself so deep?” Jessica rushed over to see what happened and gasped when she saw Jiyong’s finger.

“Th-that’s a deep cut,” she let out. She glanced over at Jiyong and saw him already looking at her. Their eyes locked for a split second before she turned back around and rummaged through the first-aid kit. She slid past Joongki and started fixing up the cut. She cleaned up the blood around the finger and then went on to apply disinfectant. Jiyong let out a groan.

“Sorry, I should have mentioned that it would hurt,” she said softly. He shook his head even though she couldn’t see as she was still cleaning up the cut, “It’s alright.” He watched as she finished cleaning up the cut and applying the bandage with the softest of touches.

Joongki who had been standing there couldn’t help but smile at the image in front of him. He knew that Jiyong might deny that he has feelings for Jessica but the way he was behaving showed the complete opposite. Joongki slowly made his way away from the two and entered the living room again. Upon arriving he heard someone scream. This time though, he heard clearly what was said.

“FIRE!”

~~~

After about fifteen minutes, a bandaged up Jiyong, and a burnt kitchen later, the five settled in the living room, again.

“This day has surely had its full share of interesting events,” voiced Joongki.

“You can say that again,” said Tiffany.

“This day has-“

“I didn’t mean to actually say it again!” Joongki grinned in return.

After Yoona had screamed ‘fire’ everyone but Jessica and Jiyong rushed to the kitchen to see it in flames. Jiyong’s food that was in the pan before he cut himself caught fire and it had taken over the all the kitchen counters. By the time the fire was put out, all the food that was being cooked had gone to waste. They were all starving even more by that time and grabbed all the food that was left in the kitchen that didn’t require actual cooking. It was all junk food that had accumulated in their house but no one was complaining.

“So what do we do now?” asked Seunghyun in between eating mouthfuls of chips. In response came a chorus of shrugs. Everyone was busy eating with whatever junk food they managed to grab from the pile.

“Movie?” He asked and they shook their heads.

“I don’t want another argument,” Jessica replied.

“Ummm…” Seunghyun didn’t know what else to recommend so instead of asking he the television and put on the news. When they saw that there was no improvement in the weather he changed the channel to a drama. No one really complained this time either since they were all exhausted.

Two hours later no one could take it anymore because they were all exhausted. They wanted the day to be finally over. But before it was, they just needed to decide who was sleeping where. There were two bedrooms, one being Jessica’s and the other Yoona’s, and neither of them wanted to let the boys sleep in there.

The girls had driven the boys away so they could decide alone. But mainly it was just Jiyong they didn’t want to listen.

“My room has pictures! I can’t let him see those. They’re of me and my parents so if he ends up sleeping here then he’ll definitely see them.” Jessica told them when they were out of earshot of the guys.

“Yeah, Jessica’s right. Yoona do you mind lending your room?” asked Tiffany.

“I guess it’s alright,” Yoona replied, seeing as she had no other choice. “Let’s get the other blankets and pillows out then.”

They called the boys to help them get the stuff to settle in.

“Are we supposed to sleep in these?” Jiyong asked looking down at his outfit that wasn’t necessarily pajama material.

“Do you have any other options? Unless you want to sleep in girl pajamas,” Tiffany retorted.  She had just changed into one of Jessica’s pajamas.

“No thanks, I’d rather not,” he mumbled.

With that they all went to sleep, the girls were sleeping comfortably in their pajamas and big enough bed however the guys were having a bit of trouble. They didn’t have sleeping clothes and the bed was too small so a person had to sleep on the ground. With a trusty game of ‘rock paper scissors’ it was decided that Seunghyun had to sleep on the ground. The two were happy but then realized they were supposed to sleep on the same bed. It wasn’t a small bed by any means, it was queen sized but for the guys it was apparently too small.

However, after Seunghyun yelled at them to go to bed they finally quieted down.

~~~

The next morning Yoona woke up first and called the repairmen after seeing the weather had quieted down a bit. Now there was only a slight drizzle and the reporter claimed the weather would only get better from then on.

One by one everyone awoke and freshened up.  As Jessica was getting ready she could hear Yoona talking to the repairman.

“I would recommend that you stay somewhere else as the repair goes on because the kitchen will not be able to be in use. Also the debris and dust that could accumulate isn’t really good for your health…” The repairman went on about the risks of staying here and what would have to be done.

Jessica zoned out as she got ready and entered the living room. She saw that Tiffany, Joongki and Jiyong were already there and the only one left to wake up was Seunghyun. He entered the living room just as she was thinking it. She heard the front door close and Yoona walked in.

“So the damage to the kitchen is pretty bad,” she started and sat down on the recliner across from them, “And he says that we need to live somewhere else while the repair goes on. It doesn’t mean much to you guys but Jessica and I need to crash somewhere else for about two weeks-- just until the repairs are finished.”

They nodded, “I only have one spare room in my house since I have people over and they’ve taken up the rest,” said Tiffany. “Yoona can stay at my place then Jessica….you can stay at Jiyong’s!” She turned to him, “You have a spare room, right?” He absentmindedly nodded.

Everybody smiled except for two people who were shocked at what had just been decided.

~~~

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Mar5122: I'd like to start off by saying "SORRY SORRY SORRY!!!!!!!" I'm extremely sorry for the late update. Its been more then a month and I AM SOOOOOOOOO SOOOOORRRRRYYYYYYYY. This chapter just got the better of me and I just never knew what to write but I'm glad I finally came up with something- though not without the help of mycatWalter. I hope you like it and I promise that the next update will NOT take as long as this one did. ^_^

mycatWalter: Hiya!  It has been a long time, hasn't it? Well Joongki is as cunning as ever and what about Jiyong!? *he gazes at her, not feeling an ounce of pain because she is the one who tended to his wounds* (^-^) Donc, c'est tout.