Ditching school

Closer

Jisu's POV

I went to school normally on Monday. I was thinking how to talk to Daehyun about my phone, but I dont even have his number. I just cant reach him at all. As soon as I get into school, like every morning, the girls crowded BAP. I was used to it so I dont care. But suddenly, the girls became noisier and shouted more to the state that they hurt their throat already. I was curious, so I looked towards their way. And what I saw is that he's touching a girl's hair and it. What I meant by he is Daehyun, my...boyfriend? I found myself stunned by that. One more thing that suprised me the most is that when Daehyun smirked at me while touching other girl. I gulped.

And what is the reason for that? He's crazy. The look he gave to me is just giving me bad vibes. I felt something wrong happen here. What is he trying to say to me right now? I let my eyes rest into normal size as my eyes were hurt because my eyes widened just now. Gosh, I even feel my eyes wet already. I get back to my concious. Before the bell rang, I decided to ditch school for today. I cant be studying at this state.

I got out from the school building and found Kyungsoo running to school. Tch, he's late. Of course, he saw me. But I ignore his stare. I went out from the school gate but I heard him calling my name a few times but I ignored it totally and walked faster. I felt him following me from behind. And soon, he grabbed my arm. We both stopped. "Where the hell are you going?" Kyungsoo said sternly. "I want to ditch school for today, please" I said, in the verge of crying. "What the- are you crying?" "Dont care about me. You go to school." I said to him. "Forget it, I'm following you" he said and let go of my arm. I muttered whatever and walked to the bus stop.

While waiting for the bus, I took out my phone and messaged my mom. 'Mom, I'm ditching school. Sorry for not being a good daughter' I wrote and sent it. I heard a chuckle next to me and looked at the one who chuckled. "What?" "Ahaha, you're so cute, good daughter." "Tch. I'm feeling guilt that's why I'm telling my mom in advance" I said and suddenly, a message came to me. 'Why? Having a bad day is it? Whatever it is, tell me when you get home' mom replied. I smiled. Mom is so understanding. I looked at Kyungsoo and he eyed me enviously. "I envy you. Your mom is so nice! Not like mine...." he muttered the last part. But I could hear him.

"Why...? What's wrong with your mom?"

"Where are we going actually?" he changed the topic. "I'll tell you if you tell me whats wrong" I said to him. He looked at me with hesitant eyes but gave up. "Fine. But you're telling me your reason for ditching school today, alright?" he said. I thought about it and slowly nodded. "Where are we going again?"

"Han River"


"Wow" Kyungsoo said as he eyed the scnery infront of him. I sat on a bench and he followed me. "So... What's your problem in home?" I asked him. He kept quiet. Then, I heard a sigh. "Actually, I envy you for having a caring parents." he said. "Why?"I asked. "You dont know how I suffer from young until right now. They were pushing me since I was 5 years old. You know right..... I am their one and only son. See, they even sent me to the states." He said.

I totally understand what he's saying. His parents are workaholic. "Then.... How did you return?" I asked. I heard a sigh. "I confront with my parents. If I good a really great result, I will just continue studying in Korea. Heck, studying in US is no fun at all. Especially when I was sent to a school that care 100% about the students' achievement in academics." he said. I nodded in response. "They dont want at first, but I begged them, I even cried. I really cant survive staying there alone with a nanny. I was sent when I was 12 for god's sake. What kind of parents do that to their own kids? They're so selfish. They only thinks about their company." He let out all that he kept in his heart to me. I nodded understandingly.

He looked up at me. "How about you? Why did you want to come here in first place?" he asked me curiously. I sighed. My reason is nothing compared to his concern. "Just. I had a heart problem that's why." I said. Wow, what a stupid excuse. "What? You like someone is it? What did he do to you?" he asked me suspiciously. "Yes I do. So what? I am a typical teenager for god's sake" I said and looked up to the river. "So, what happened? Why are so upset about that you come here in the first place?" "Something. Its too long to tell" "Shorten it" he said quickly.

"Fine. Actually,....... Uhh! I cant! You wont understand! Just think that my crush is breaking my heart with his flirty action" I said. "Wow" he said. "Whatever. You understand what I'm trying to say, right?" I asked and he nodded slowly. "Wow, that person must be a special person you" He said. I hung my head low.


The next day, I went to school as normal. I set my mind, I'm going to wait for Daehyun in every break on the rooftop. If he didnt show up, he wanted to break things with me. If he shows up, I demand for him to explain everything. But, I'm only going to do this for a week. If he still doesnt show up, fine. He really hates me then.

Everyday, I wait for him during break and he didnt show up. I'm really hoping that he would show up. I walked back and forth nervously on the rooftop. Today is the last day I'm going to wait for him like this. I even cooked for him as he wanted.

Was it all lies? He doesnt like me?

I waited and waited for him for the 20 minutes in an anxious heart. I walked back and forth and bit my nails nervously. The bell rang, signing that break is over. I sighed deeply and give up. He really wanted to break with me, huh? Fine, you broke my heart, Jung Daehyun. You win. You lied from the start and made me so miserable. You win, Daehyun, you win. My tears threatened to fall but I manage to hold it.


A/N:

So, this is what happened to Jisu. And poor Kyungsoo, I guess its hard living as a child of a really rich people. not as heaven as you thought.