chapterfour.

Wrath of the Idol Life ∞

{ Freedom Calls }

9:00 a.m. In Infinite's Dorm 

 

The bright light shone through the window and hit on Myungsoo's eyes, Myungsoo's eyelids jerked about vigorously and opened immediately as he covered his eyes with his hands, he yawned dreamily and rubbed his eyes as he pulled himself up from the bed. Looking around the room, he thought of the break granted by the Manager.

"Where should I go and what should I do today.." Myungsoo mumbled to himself in his hoarse voice. 

He stared at his camera that was lying on the ground beside his bed. An idea struck his mind as he started grinning widely as he got up and went to get changed. He brushed his teeth, bathed and changed himself into some plaid shirts, and khaki chinos, accompanied by some fashionably-cool high-cut boots. 

Myungsoo was surfing the web on his phone, in search for great places for shopping and taking pictures in Seoul. He stumbled across "Garosugil" in which he smirked, and muttered to himself, "Yeah, garosugil sounds great. Why didn't that come up to my mind?" 

He carried his backpack, and placed a cap on his head, while wearing a pair of shades as he went out of the dorm. The dorm was empty, Sungyeol, Sungjong, Hoya went back to visit their parents during this week, Sunggyu, Dongwoo and Woohyun went out on a field camp with some of the other label mates. Myungsoo did not arrange any plans with any of the other Infinite members. In a break like this, he just wanted some alone time, and spend some time with his family. 

Myungsoo inhaled the fresh outdoor air as he looked around the dorm. It was quiet and empty. There were several ahjummas and ahjussis around the corners and some youngsters racing against time as they ran with their speed across his dorm. Myungsoo looked around again, looking for sight of any fans or sasaengs before stepping down the steps and touching onto the ground. Walking slowly and in a leisurely manner, he took out his camera and snapped some self shots of himself. 

Smiling widely with his sparkly eyes and with his mild dimples, he posed a cute smile and gave a peace sign while snapping more photos of himself. He then walked to the subway station and took the subway to Sinsa. 

Reaching Sinsa, Myungsoo was greeted by numerous amounts of young teenagers, girls and boys crowding around the subway station. Stepping up onto the ground, some girls were taking snapshots of him while some guys were muttering amongst themselves. Myungsoo could feel his heart racing in fear.

*Couldn't be I'm exposed?* Myungsoo thought as he fastened his pace and walked away hurriedly.

Some girls were catching up behind him, walking faster behind his pace as Myungsoo tried to lose them away by making swift, sudden turns around the narrow alleyways in between the buildings of shops and shops. 

 

It took him a wholesome of 30 minutes for him to lose the girls. He was panting heavily after the straining run and walk as he looked around and removed his shades. Looking around again in the main street, there was not a sign of any of his fangirl/boy, only those casual youngsters and adults strolling along the street pavements leisurely.

He made a victory hiss as he stepped onto the main road. Beaming with a wide smile, he took out his camera and filmed himself at Garosugil, while making him look like a complete fool in the streets. People passing by him looked at him in a disgusted and curious manner, while some girls melt upon the sight of him.

"Wow, he's handsome." One girl commented as Myungsoo grinned widely and scratched the back of his neck as he went snapping pictures of shops and shops. 

He went into some shops and took a look at the clothes, looking at the t-shirts and plaid shirts. He bought t-shirt and plaid shirt from a shop, after a lengthy 10-minute selection and decision-making process. 

Carrying the paperbag on his hands, he continued strolling along the streets to be stopped by fresh aroma of coffee, coming from the Beansbin coffee shop, right infront of him. 

He bought himself a cappucino as he took a seat next to the window, the window was opened, the cold autumn wind blew across his hair, letting his hair brush across like the wind, as he smiled and take shots of the scenery outside the cafe. 

As he took the shots, he suddenly remembered the short conversation during the idol championships. Memories of Jiyeon's voice, "Are you still into photography" strucked his mind again. He smirked sheepishly as he placed his camera down gently on the table and rest his head on his palm. He sighed as he took his camera up again, snapping shots and shots again.

After that relaxing experience in the cafe, he set his foot back to the streets, roaming around, following dozens of people as they paced around the streets, some hurriedly, some leisurely. 

Myungsoo stopped suddenly, he was bored now. He was lonely as he took a seat at the benches on the street. Wearing his shades as he scrolled through the contacts, there weren't many, except for Infinite members, it was only some other members from different groups. He surely had very little female contacts, practically Lizzy and a few more, and other than that, its all work-related contacts. 

He sighed as he felt a gust of cold wind blowing against him. It sent chills down his spine as he sighed heavily while picking himself up from the bench, and walking back to the dorm. 

 

 

3:00 p.m. Back in Infinite's Dorm 

 

Myungsoo welcomed himself back into the dorm with emptiness and an eerie silence. The dorm was clean and neat, no sign of any members. "Woah, they surely went out for quite a while." Myungsoo muttered to himself as he sat on the couch while looking at his phone again. He stopped at his mother's contact as he smiled and dialled her mother's number.

"Omma." Myungsoo said.

"Ne, my dear son? You miss omma?" The mother asked, while chuckling.

"Omma, I'm bored and lonely in my dorm." Myungsoo said, sighing.

"Wae? Isn't Infinite hyungs in the dorm with you? Or is it not?" The mother asked curiously.

"Ani, they're out. Sungyeol, Sungjong and Hoya went back to visit their family during this week of our break." Myungsoo explained, while heaving sighs again and again.

"Why, isn't this my son feeling sad. I always remember when you're sad or depressed, or even anxious you will always sigh and sigh and nag and nag about it. Seems like old habits die hard." The mother said, while laughing.

"Omma..." Myungsoo whined.

"Oh boy, here goes again." The mother again as Myungsoo continuously whined her name.

"So, you want me to come over and accompany you? You sure it's okay?" The mother asked worriedly.

"Ani omma, I'll come over instead. Omma, are you free tomorrow? Stay at home and let me visit you and Moonsoo okay?" Myungsoo asked.

"Ne, ne. I'll ask him to stay at home too." Myungsoo's mother said. "Ah, I shall not bother you too, I need to meet with my friends later on. Talk to you soon, Myungsoo-yah, take care of your health and don't overwork okay?" Myungsoo's mother added on.

"ne..." Myungsoo said and hung up the call.

A tear escaped from Myungsoo's eyes after hearing her mother's voice again, after 3 months of lengthy schedules and performances. He had not visited his family in almost half a year, ever since he started training and promoting for their single "The Chaser". It teared him up seeing his mother was doing and coping well with life. How much he missed her, it could not be expressed in words.

"What to do for the next few hours?" Myungsoo mumbled to himself. Well, he did not do anything productive at all, just simply lying around the house, watching TV, using the computer and surfing the internet, and resting. Well, isn't that splendid.

 

The next day soon came and Woohyun and Dongwoo was still in the dorm. Dongwoo was watching the television, while Woohyun was listening to the music on his computer. Myungsoo got himself dressed up in plaid shirts again, accompanied with skinny jeans and a brown backpack. He came out of his room and bid farewells to both of them as he left the dorm. 

He took the subway to his home. He arrived after half an hour of travelling time as he soon made his way to his home. He found himself at the door step of his house as he opened the door with his keys and came into the house.

The mother walked out of the kitchen. Her face lit up immediately with a bright smile as she walked towards Myungsoo and gave him a tight hug. "Myungsoo-yah~" The mother sang melodiously.

"Yo hyung!" Moonsoo said, coming out of his room with a headphone on his neck.

"How have you been omma?" Myungsoo said, as both of them broke away from the hug. "Appa? Where's appa?" Myungsoo asked curiously. 

"Ah, appa went to buy some drinks for you. He knew that you are coming back, he took leave off his work and went to buy some drinks specially for you." Myungsoo's mother said while his hair. 

"Wah, Myungsoo-yah you're growing more and more handsome day by day, and you're so tall now." Myungsoo's mother said, while a tear escaped from her eyes.

"Omma, you're crying." Myungsoo said, sniffing as he started tearing up.

"Omma, gwenchana? I'm sorry I couldn't take care of you over this year." Myungsoo said, with teary eyes.

"Are you two really gonna cry over each other?" Moonsoo said, shaking his head in disgust.

"Yah, moonsoo-yah, go and prepare the rice in the kitchen, pali!" The mother shooed him away as Moonsoo abided obediently.

"Arraso omma. Let's get a seat on the couch." Myungsoo said, bringing his mother to the couch.

"Ah, the stew is almost done." Mother said as Myungsoo pulled her back down.

"Moonsoo, help out with the stew, its done!" Myungsoo demanded as he grabbed his mother's hands gently.

He caressed her hands, which left her mother beaming with smiles as he touched the crinkled, rough hands of hers. His mother was helping out at therestaurant as her hobby and job. She helped to prepare kimchi and other food at restaurants which she owned along with her friends. 

"Look at your hand omma. It's all crinkled and rough from all that preparations and cookings. How's the restaurant going? Is it okay? Need me to give you all any financial loan?" Myungsoo bombed her with loads of questions.

"Aniyo, Myungsoo-ah, it's all fine. We're coping well, in fact, we might be making profits. But as long as I can give good food to people, everything's alright, since I have my Myungsoo-ah to back up." His mother said, leaving Myungsoo tearing up.

"Omma, saranghae." Myungsoo blurted out.

"Saranghae." His mother said as both of them hugged each other tightly until Myungsoo's father came back.

 

"Ah, appa!" Myungsoo said. 

"Myungsoo-ah, how's life treating you?~" His father said as he opened his arms and Myungsoo came and give him a warm hug as well.

"Appa, I'm doing well, gomawoyo." Myungsoo said, taking the bags of drinks from his hands as he went to place them in the kitchen.

Coming back to see them sitting in the couch. He took a seat beside them as he let off a sigh. "Feels so great to be back here, and enjoying the warmth of being with my family." Myungsoo commented as he stretched himself on the couch by raising his hands high up in the air. 

Myungsoo's father chuckled and said, "You're still slim. Have you been eating too little?" 

"Ah, appa, I'm an idol, I need to keep it like this, anyway it's normal and I have pretty high metabolism." Myungsoo explained as his father smirked in cuteness.

"Ah, but your metabolism will not last like that forever. It will worsen as you age." His father said. "keep up this shape and keep up the good work, we'll always support you, right?" His father added on.

Myungsoo smiled brightly as he thanked his father.

"Let's eat, I'm hungry!" Moonsoo called out as he brought the stew on the table, that was already laid with all the chopsticks bowls of rice and plates, all the food were laid neatly on the table, accompanied with the various side dishes.

Myungsoo and his parents and Moonsoo started this heartwarming, mouth-watering homecooked lunch as all of them had a great meal together, while chatting up on the good times, and catching up on the past. 

Myungsoo could not help but to feel his heart fluttering and touched everytime they mentioned any past memories, he could only yearn for more memories with his family, but idol life means sacrificing family time for career and opportunities. 

"Continue making great music, appa and omma will support you till you die." His father said as he was munching on the rice.

"Yah, hyung, you're so great! Your passion for guitar, photography and music is truly amazing. Daebak... You're so respected by me, and some guys in my class also adore and respect you a lot." Moonsoo said.

Myungsoo smiled and thanked him. "Help me thank your friends as well, tell them I'll continue making more great music as Infinite." He said as he patted Monsoo's head gently.

The family then shared laughter and tears as they continued on with their family lunch. 

 

8:00 p.m. Heading back to Infinite's Dorm

 

It's time for the farewell, the bittersweet moments as Myungsoo took a step outside the house, as his family followed him out. They all were at the doorstep while a tear escaped from his eyes. 

"Yah, Myungsoo-ah, big boys don't cry. Get the tear off." His father instructed, wiping the tear off him.

"I don't know when is the next time we can go out together or meet each other again.." Myungsoo said while sniffing. His heart was aching in guilt and fear as he clenched his fist and gripped onto his jeans tightly.

Seeing his mother worried, with all her wrinkles on her face made his heart ached. "Omma... appa... Moonsoo." Myungsoo called out as his mother gently caressed his face.

"You're really so handsome Myungsoo-yah, I'm proud of you... In.. In fact, all of us are proud to have you with us." His mother said. Those words touched his heart as another tear escaped from his eyes.

Tears began rolling down his mother's cheeks as his mother lowered her head and wiped the tears off her eyes. 

"Alright, it's time to go. Go on, we'll support you always." His father said, pushing him away as the family waved at him goodbye before Myungsoo hit the main streets again. 

Turning his head around to see his family making their way back into the home, he sighed and a tear fell from his eyes. "Omma, appa, gomawo." He muttered to himself as he wiped the tears off and hide his hands in the pocket of his jacket as he went to take the subway back to the dorm. 

 

Myungsoo heaved sighs as he stopped at the food stall along the streets. It was the same stall where Jiyeon dranked soju at, but having his mind preoccupied with his memories with his family, he did not thought of it but took a seat at one of the tables and ordered some dukbokki. 

His food came soon, and he started slowly munching onto it, while sniffing continuously. 

Jiyeon and Hyomin was on the streets, strolling with some bags of bottled drinks as they stopped at the food stall which both of them ordered some dukbokki and kimbap from the stall owner. Standing right infront of the stall, Hyomin's eyes casually scanned throughout the stall to see Myungsoo eating dukbokki by himself at the corner of the stall, while Jiyeon had her eyes pinned on the food. 

Hyomin nudged Jiyeon's shoulders as she pointed her fingers at Myungsoo, at the corner of the stall. "Jiyeonnie, isn't that Infinite L?" Hyomin asked.

Jiyeon widened her eyes and nodded her head. "Yeah, he is. Wondering why he is alone out in this chilly night and not with his Infinite members?" Jiyeon muttered.

"Maybe... he's sad? I don't know. Probably something came up in his life and he's troubled. He's obviously having something on his mind." Hyomin said, munching on dukbokki.

"You stay here. Maybe I'll talk to him." Jiyeon said but Hyomin pulled her away.

"What? Talk to him? You want to get his fans to pull your hair out?! We already had something to worry, you don't want another thing to worry about in the future okay." Hyomin warned Jiyeon as Jiyeon sighed and looked at Myungsoo worriedly.

Hyomin eyed her as she shook her head. *Well, this is bad. Need to talk to her.* She thought.


 

Here's the late update! Sorry, will update later if possible! ~~

I am so loving with T-ara's Number 9, I just can't... ---- qri's so prettty

SUBSCRIBE and COMMENT