chaptertwo.

Wrath of the Idol Life ∞

{ The Baseless Hate }

Next day, 9:00 p.m. In T-ara's Dorm

 

"I wonder when all these will be over.." Boram said, her eyes pinned onto the window as she was busy staring at the huge furious and outraged crowd at the ground floor of the building. The girls were all raising their signs and boards, waiting and camping outside their dorm building, while some of them were texting and using their phones in the meanwhile.

Hyomin sighed as she placed down the tv remot as she replied, "Only time will heal their hatred towards us." 

Jiyeon and Eunjung was sitting along in the couch, watching the tv program on the television, while Qri, Soyeon was busy eating their late breakfasts on the dining table, while Hwayoung was out of the dorm, to the management office.

Suddenly, the house phone rang and Eunjung's sharp reflexes made her dash to the phone and picked up the call. She greeted the caller melodiously as her eyes soon widened upon hearing the phone call. She gasped in shock as she froze on the spot, motionlessly for the next few seconds. 

"What happened, unnie?" Jiyeon asked, munching on a granola bar. 

Qri and Soyeon soon cleaned up the table, washed the dishes thoroughly as Eunjung slammed the phone down. "Manager hyung wants to see us in the office, it's regarding this scandal." Eunjung blurted it out.

Soyeon's eyes widened as Qri stopped the tap, and placed the wash dishes down, as all of them rushed around the phone. 

"Could it be..." Qri guessed.

"Yah, we should stop guessing and just go and face the music. After all, we are indeed somewhat wrong for using the SNS to vent our anger on. Let's just go." Hyomin said, making some sense in the members as all of them nodded their head in approval as they got dressed up and left the dorm.

Their van was already waiting at the front of the back door. Knowing that there is a huge crowd of girls waiting furiously for them to appear so that they could protest against their wrongdoings in that ridiculous scandal, the van parked infront of the backdoors and T-ara left the dorm via the backdoor to prevent much of a crisis.

Meanwhile, as they soon zoomed off the dorm building, Infinite's van seemed to stop at the junction that was just outside of T-ara's dorm. The commotion aroused by the huge furious crowd have sparked the curiousity of most Infinite members, Myungsoo had his ears plugged with earpiece conntected to his ipod, with loud music blasting into his ears as he continued staring at the crowd outside.

Sunggyu and Woohyun was staring at the crowd, intrigued by their flaming voices as they could see their angry faces. "Wow, I feel bad for T-ara. Having to be caught up by such a scandal. It seemed too bad to be true." Sunggyu commented, sighing.

"We don't even know the truth anyway." Woohyun replied.

Sungyeol and Sungjong kept silent, staring outside while Dongwoo and Hoya was listening to their music on their music player. Myungsoo removed his earpiece and replied them, "The whole scandal was fake, and blown out of proportions." He stated.

Sungyeol, Sungjong turned their heads around and widened his eyes. They furrowed their eyebrows and stared at him curiousity.

"I'm saying the truth. They doesn't seem like ones to bully her. You know girls, it's all probably because of a small fight and dispute that has made netizens to think they're bullying her and just continue digging and nitpicking them." Myungsoo stated.

"You seemed to know a lot about T-ara." Woohyun said, raising his brows, suspiciously staring at Myungsoo.

Myungsoo widened his eyes, he then began stuttering, refuting him by saying, "I just came across to know about it. Jiyeon told me about it yesterday... Well its pretty true that disputes would happen since Hwayoung is added into them after they became established in the kpop industry, its of course hard for them to accept a new member." 

"You're obviously biased and defending them." Sunggyu said in disbelief.

"Well, the truth is up to you to believe it or not." Myungsoo retorted back.

"Well, what Myungsoo said makes sense too." Sungyeol agreed with him as both of them high-fived. 

 

10:00 a.m. In Core Contents Media Office 


"Manager oppa, wae?" Hyomin asked as all of them came into the office to see the Manager with Hwayoung. Hwayoung turned her head around and bowed at them, she wore a sad face as they could see tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Hwayoung-ah, gwenchana?" Qri asked as Hwayoung nodded her head in assurance.

Manager oppa sighed as he stood up from his seat and took a glance at the skyscraper buildings outside the building. Silence fallen in between all T-ara members and the manager. 

Jiyeon's eyes wandered around the members as they all wore moodless, sad facial expressions. Hyomin had her head buried in her chest. Eunjung and Soyeon was staring in blank space, while Boram and Qri was looking onto the ground. Hwayoung was covering her face with her palms, possibly hiding the tears in her.

"I'm pretty sure you guys know the scandal that happened on you all." Manager oppa said, sighing as he came to take a seat on his chair.

All of them nodded their heads silently, while their eyes all looking at the manager oppa, paying close attention to him. "My manager also have talked to me about this issue for quite a while during these past few days, we've discussed and even held meetings with the staffs around the office, and with Hwayoung coming to the office and having a talk with me. I guess Hwayoung will be leaving the group." Manager oppa stated.

All of them, except Hwayoung gasped in shock as their heads turned around at Hwayoung. Jiyeon's face was frowing in disbelief as she commented, "Wae hwayoung-ah, are you really upset with us? Mianhae... We'll change." 

Hwayoung smiled assuringly as she catched her breath and said, "It's not because of that but I don't want to make you all suffer. You know I'm pretty lazy by nature. I don't want to drag the team down, and I hope by leaving the group, the whole scandal will not be so extreme. Maybe it might die down. I will also try to explain to the fans about this on twitter."

Hyomin sighed as she turned to the manager oppa and snapped at him, "Yah oppa, why didn't you stop her? Even if she leave, the scandal is gonna be ridiculously big anyway. Oppa, why did you even tell the reporters that it was because our SNS got hacked by someone? It'd probably make no sense to those netizens." 

"Hwayoung-ah, gwenchana. Don't leave, alright?" Soyeon tried to persuade her but Hwayoung shook her head.

"Anyway, I don't even think I'll last long as an idol. I easily throw tandrums at you all, I also don't want to bring you guys down with me. It's too suffocating and painful for you all already." Hwayoung explained as she hurriedly stood up and ran out of the office, while wiping down the stream of tears away from her cheeks.

"Aish.." Eunjung was about to chase her but Hyomin stopped her.

"Stop it, she'd probably won't listen anyway. Best to leave her alone for awhile." Hyomin stated as Eunjung nodded her head obediently.

"Then... are we really going to let her leave T-ara, we barely only made it for 2 years together with her." Qri asked as the manager oppa sighed and nodded her head.

The manager oppa stared at the profile of Hwayoung and sighed again. "She'd already decided. We have to respect her decision." The manager oppa stated as he crushed the paper into a ball and tossed it into the rubbish bin.

"Anyway, since you all are facing this scandal, I think you all should get a break from the music industry first. Maybe 2 weeks of break. Meaning no more promotions for Day by Day. You all deserve a break anyway. Just treat this as a break." Manager oppa instructed as T-ara wore a deep frown.

They bid farewells and they packed their bags in the dorm. Hwayoung had already packed up and left before they could come back and bid their farewell to her. It all seemed like Hwayoung was emotionally depressed over the scandal. Hyomin repeatedly sighed as she packed up her clothes as all of T-ara soon went back to their respective homes.

They do not live in the dorm during periods where they are not promoting their singles. They would leave separatedly, Eunjung will be living on her own in a small studio apartment in Gangnam. Living in Gangnam also was Soyeon, down the streets in an apartment with her family.

Qri and Boram lived in a distant away from Gangnam, while Hyomin and Jiyeon are residing at apartments in Hapjeongdong. 

Jiyeon was now lying on her bed in her room in that small apartment of hers. She felt lonely, and sad. All those false rumours and accusations the netizens made had affected her emotionally.

A tear escaped from her eyes as she reminisced that incident, the breakthrough of the scandal.

 

Flashback

"Hwayoung-ah, Qri-ah, Boram-ah, Hyomin-ah, Eunjung-ah! Times up! We gotta go backstage now, our performance is up in 5 minutes!" Soyeon raised her voice as she hurriedly went into their dressing room and pulled all of them up.

"Unnie andwae. I'm not going, my leg hurts." Hwayoung said, still resting on the couch, not moving an inch.

"Hwayoung-ah, be good arraso? Manager oppa wouldn't like this." Soyeon pleaded. "Besides its been weeks since you sprained your ankle already, it shouldn't hurt that bad." Soyeon added on, patting on her shoulders while Hwayoung sighed.

"Unnie, I'm really in pain. I'm going." She said. 

"What, where are you going?" Soyeon asked worriedly.

"I'm in pain, I'll go check my injury, help me this once please." Hwayoung said, leaving her behind.

"Ah, ." Soyeon cursed under her breath as she hurriedly ran to the backstage to see all the members having the staff placing their mics on them, the stylists are all tiding and dolling them up, giving a final beautiful touch to them.

They were all in those dangerous high heels as the manager oppa asked her, "Where's hwayoung?" 

Soyeon bit her lips, "Ah that... she's in pain, we have to take over her parts. Hyomin you do her rap part in the ending, Eunjung you start her rap later on." Soyeon said as the manager oppa widened her eyes.

"Is this really that serious?" The manager oppa said, ruffling his hair in distress as he went to look for her.

"Wae? Ah, I don't know the parts well." Eunjung said, as Hyomin agreed along. 

"Hurry up and memorise, I'll ask the PD to flash her rap line later on, you'll go and see it during the performance to help okay?" Soyeon said as she ran to look for the PD.

Jiyeon sighed as she took huge breaths in and out. She took a glance at the crowd outside, there was a huge number of their fans, and she did not want to disappoint them. "Off all times, she chose to sprain her ankle just at our comeback." Jiyeon hissed.

"Yah, don't be so rude Jiyeon." Boram snapped at her.

"Ah, I am not trying to diss her, but I just find it bad for our fans." Jiyeon said, sighing.

"Okay, T-ara. You're up." The crew said as all of them went up to the stage and performed their song, "Day by Day".

 

"Ahhhh so tiring~" Ahreum commented as T-ara were laughing and chuckling as they went back to the room to see Hwayoung using her phone, while manager oppa was sitting beside their dressing table, flustered and staring at his huge mobile phone.

"Unnie, are you feeling better now?" Jiyeon asked.

"Is your feet still hurting a lot?" Boram asked curiously.

Hwayoung flashed a smile and shook her head. "So much better now. Oppa, I'd like to order some pizza, I'm so tired." She said.

"Pizza? Yah, you need to watch your diet. You're gaining weight recently." The manager oppa hissed at her as Hwayoung stucked out her tongue at him.

"Did my rap part go well, Eunjung and Hyomin unnie? Gomawo for helping out earlier on." Hwayoung said, smiling brightly.

"Well, thank you for ruining my image." Hyomin hissed at her and stomped out of the dressing room.

"Unnie!" Jiyeon screamed, as she went to chase for her.

"What's wrong with her?" Hwayoung asked, raising her brows.

"If it weren't for you, we wouldn't sound so weak in those rap parts." Eunjung said, sighing as she went to the dressing table as the stylists helped to remove her make-up.

Qri and Boram remained silent as they went to get their makeup removed, while Ahreum and Soyeon went to look for Jiyeon and Hyomin. They found Jiyeon and Hyomin sitting at an isolated bench backstage, as Hyomin was tearing up while Jiyeon was patting her in comfort.

"Unnie." Ahreum said, pouting as Ahreum and Soyeon walked towards her and bent down to wipe off her tears. "Gwenchana?" She asked again. Hyomin shook her head.

"Her determination is really strong... So strong." Hyomin sarcastically said.

"I just want to put a great performance for the fans, they'd been supporting our load of songs we've produced. It's been a tiring year for them, catching up with our many singles, and she just want to make us look flustered during our performance." Hyomin said, sighing.

"Unnie, don't get so angry over it.." Ahreum said.

Soyeon sighed as she took Hyomin's hands, "Well, we at least gave them a performance. It'd be even more upsetting if we just cancel our performance just like that. Don't be angry, arraso?" Soyeon comforted her as Hyomin nodded her head in understanding.

"Hwayoung-ah, you actually shouldn't do that." Boram suddenly spoke up as she was getting her hair done by the stylist back in the dressing room, which Qri was quietly reading a book.

"I don't care, my leg hurts so badly, can't you guys at least spare a thought?" Hwayoung said, rolling her eyes.

"But, it's been a week, approaching the mid of the week already." Eunjung retorted back.

"Hey, it still hurts okay, spraining a leg doesn't heal so quickly, just so you know." Hwayoung said, storming out of the dressing room again.

"What do we do with her..." Eunjung said, disappointed.


End of Flashback

 

Jiyeon sighed as she hopped off the bed and went down to the snacks store along the street, with her bare make up, while wearing a flora-print cap. She was munching on a dukbokki until someone sat infront of her.

"Why are you eating here all alone?" The person asked, smiling.


 

This is another update today! Been updating a lot today, I'll take a rest, and maybe update if possible. :) heheh

Thank you and continue subscribing (if you haven't) and comment, give me your opinions!