chapterthree.

Wrath of the Idol Life ∞

{ There for You }

8:00 p.m. In a Food Stall 

"Why are you here all alone?" The person asked, while smiling.

Jiyeon raised her head up and she gasped upon sight, "Ah, oh, Myungsoo-sshi, why are you here too anyway?" Jiyeon asked, while tiding up her blouse and shorts as she brushed her hair hurriedly with her own fingers. 

"Ah, I was buying something for hyungs in the dorm. But why are you here all alone at night?" Myungsoo said, furrowing his eyebrows as he took a seat across her at the table.

"Nothing, but I bet news station would be flooded tomorrow morning. Those celebrity gossip sites would be filled with juicy gossips then tomorrow too. I don't know whether I should anticipate or hide away from it." Jiyeon said, forcing a small laughter.

Myungsoo raised his brows, showing a curious expression as Jiyeon continued, saying, "Hwayoung is going to leave T-ara. We'll be back as 7-member group. She... she voluntarily left the group because she don't want to be a burden for T-ara. News are probably going to adjust it to say that she was kicked out of the group instead." 

Myungsoo's eyes widened in shock. He gasped as his jaws were left hanging wide opened. He could not take in what Jiyeon had said, he also could not feel how Jiyeon would feel at that moment. Infinite, has all along stayed as 7-member group from debut to now. He bit his lips and lowered his head while Jiyeon continued drinking the cup of soju.

Myungsoo stared at Jiyeon again. Jiyeon was drinking cups and cups of soju, she picked up the glasses one by one, slowly and weakly as her hands were trembling in fear. Myungsoo sighed as he could feel his heart aching from seeing Jiyeon in such a depressed state. Tears escaped from Jiyeon's eyes, and rolled down her cheeks as she cupped her face with her fingers, while burying her head in between her palms. 

Myungsoo rolled his eyes to the bottle of soju beside her. It was half-empty. Thoughts flooded to his mind, thinking she might have drank half of the bottle of soju. She might also get drunk, and that might cause any paparazzis to catch her being drunk and write nasty and totally ridiculous stories about it. 

Myungsoo pushed the glass of soju away from her and drank it. Jiyeon's swift actions made her wanting to take the bottle of soju but Myungsoo hurriedly snatched it away while placing it at his side.

"You had enough Jiyeon-sshi. We're idols, we can't possibly get drunk. What would netizens react to this? They would say you are an alcoholic, and might say you are dumb and not sensible, things like that." Myungsoo explained to her as Jiyeon sighed and nodded her head obediently.

"I'm still sober." Jiyeon said, sighing as she crossed her arms. She stared at the ground as both of them were silent. Myungsoo broke the silence as he started fake coughing.

"Jiyeon-sshi, although I have not experienced any member changes in Infinite all along, I would like to tell you, this does not mean the end of your career. Yes, gossip sites and news sites might adjust their stories into degrading you all, but you have to stand strong through this scandal. Let this scandal slowly slide away through time. Only time can heal your wounds this time round, Jiyeon-sshi." Myungsoo explained to her as Jiyeon nodded her head.

"Only... time can heal... time? I don't have that much time." Jiyeon hissed back.

"Jiyeon-sshi, only time can heal, trust me. Give you all another year, I'm pretty sure they'll let this scandal slide down from their hands." Myungsoo persuaded her.

"But..." Myungsoo said, hesitating. Jiyeon looked at him and raised her brows at him. "May I ask did you guys really... um... um bully her?" Myungsoo asked, weakily.

Jiyeon smirked and shook her head. "If I said we did not bully her, would you even believe me?" Jiyeon asked.

"I.. I believe." Myungsoo said, with a stern glaze at her.

Jiyeon smiled and bowed at Myungsoo. "Gomawoyo, Myungsoo-sshi. I am not trying to brainwash you or to make you think bad of Hwayoung, but I have to say it's actually both of our fault for this scandal to arise." Jiyeon confessed which sparked much curiosity in Myungsoo as he leaned closer to her.

"We are wrong as to be angry and vent our anger on her through SNS, making it seemed like we're all bullying her. There was an incident that aroused during the Music Bank performance. She did not want to perform as her legs hurt badly, but its been a week and half that she has sprained her leg. Besides, Day by Day dance was graceful, nothing much tiring as compared to Lovey Dovey dance." Jiyeon explained as she sighed and paused for a moment.

Resting her head on her arm, she then continued, "We should not have posted those angry comments online on twitter, we should have known netizens are going to find out, and create a whole scandal based on it. I also don't know why are we always nitpicked by them. It seems like they hate us a lot. Are we really.. that annoying to the world?" 

Myungsoo sighed. "No you aren't. I've been watching T-ara and listening T-ara all along. You all have nice voices, fun dances and cool and awesome songs everytime. How could anyone hate you all? You all seemed fun to be with during concerts, so it's not annoying at all." Myungsoo comforted her as Jiyeon smiled assuringly.

 

"Yo Myungsoo-ah, why are you here?" Hoya suddenly called out from behind, while walking towards them. 

Myungsoo and Jiyeon turned to see approaching Hoya. Hoya, as he saw Myungsoo sitting with Jiyeon at one table, widened his eyes in shock as he slowed down his pace while slowly walking quietly to them. 

He smiled sheepishly upon seeing Jiyeon as he bowed in respect at her. "Annyeonghaseyo, Jiyeon-sshi. I'm Hoya from Infinite." He greeted her as Jiyeon stood up immediately and bowed back at him.

"Ah, cut off those formalities, I'm nothing much anyway. Nice to meet you Hoya-sshi, been watching you perform in Infinite. You dance really well." Jiyeon said as she was grinning widely.

Hoya rubbed the back of his neck and laughed, and said, "Ah, that's why I am the dancing machine of Infinite! Anyway, why are you here with Myungsoo-ah?" 

Jiyeon turned around to see Myungsoo as Myungsoo stood up and bid farewell immediately. "Jiyeon-sshi, I should get going. Hyungs are probably furious by now, I'll see you soon and mark my words I've said just now." He said, as both of them waved at each other goodbye and they parted as they walked back in different directions.

"You haven't answered me yet." Hoya said, looking at Myungsoo suspiciously.

"She was drinking Soju just now, Hwayoung is leaving the group and I just went to met upon her accidentally and coincidentally. I just sat with her to comfort her and to stop her from drinking. You know, those comforting and persuading stuff." Myungsoo said, sighing as his eyes wandered around the streets, looking at skyscrapers and buildings, and avoiding Hoya's glaze.

"Hmm, really? So why is Hwayoung leaving?" Hoya asked curiously.

Myungsoo crossed his arms and replied, "Hwayoung left voluntarily as she did not want to be a burden to the group, and also all these started because Hwayoung did not want to perform for Music Bank as her legs hurt." 

"Well, thats a bummer." Hoya commented.

 

10:00 p.m. In Infinite's Dorm 

 

"Yah, Myungsoo-ah! Where have you been? What took you so long just to buy some drinks for us!" Sunggyu shouted as he was lying on the ground, motionlessly.

"I just caught up with someone just now, mianhae." Myungsoo said, sighing.

"And that person is Jiyeon-sshi from T-ara!" Hoya blurted it out as all of them widened their eyes in shock.

Sungjong and Sungyeol gasped in shock as all of them hurried cornering Myungsoo up in the middle. "Yah, what did you guys do?" Dongwoo asked curiously.

"What the heck?" Myungsoo said, jaws hanging open. "What could we possibly do? I'm an idol, she's an idol! We just talked to each other for a while, for god damn sake!" Myungsoo explained to them.

"Talk for awhile? More like an hour long!" Hoya .

"Yah Lee Howon!" Myungsoo yelled and began chasing after him around the house. 

Sunggyu and Woohyun looked at Myungsoo suspiciously as the rest of them curled up in a circle and began chatting. "Hmm..." Sunggyu said, and continued on, "Do you think there's something up with Myungsoo recently." Sunggyu asked suspiciously.

Woohyun thought for awhile and replied, "Yah, he's been thinking a lot recently. Ever since the idol championships schedule. I think something might have happened." 

Sungjong snapped his fingers and said, "He's been talking to Jiyeon during that idol championships, I think he's in love in first sight with Jiyeon-sshi." 

Sunggyu widened his eyes. "What? Can't be... He's just too Myungsoo to fall in love." Sunggyu commented.

Sungyeol smirked, and said, "Myungsoo had never fallen in love before. Even when he acted in Shut Up Flower Boy Band, he didn't even thought of Yerim or have any special feelings for her at all. He acted as if he never met her at all." 

Woohyun nodded his head and said, "Yeah, I agree. Myungsoo isn't those type that would fall in love." 

Sunggyu sighed. 

"I guess its pretty good to see him change and finally have a crush." Sungyeol commented as all of them nodded their head. "Anyway, Jiyeon-sshi is pretty too, Woohyun right?" Sungyeol said, teasing Woohyun.

Woohyun gritted his teeth and smacked his arm while Sunggyu calmed the both of them. "Yah, but what I'm worrying if they ever date, how would our fans react." Sunggyu said.

Sungjong nodded his head. Woohyun replied, "I believe they should be alright. Our fans are great supporters and I have faith in them that they are sensible fans." 

Sungyeol nodded his head in agreement as he smirked, "We'll see how he would progress to capture the attention of his crush." 

"What crush?" Myungsoo suddenly asked, walking back to them, as he was panting heavily.

"Ah... that... crush of some other boy group." Sungyeol lied.

"Jinja?" Myungsoo said, nodding his head as he went to his room.

"Pssh, that was close." Sungjong whispered to Sungyeol, who kept grinning widely.

 

Myungsoo was back in his room as he began reminiscing about the moment just now when he had a talk with Jiyeon. He remembered Jiyeon's eyes, it was filled with sadness and guilt. Tears escaped her eyes was traumatizing to him as he could not help but to feel a tinge of sadness in him after remembering that sight.

He then began to think of the small conversation during the Idol Athletics Championship. They were in the same team, so close together and even shared a short conversation. He could not help but to giggle upon remembering it. He sighed as he remembered how good-looking Jiyeon was back then. Her long, wavy hair was flowing in the direction of the wind.

Her beautiful, white, soft skin was delicate and her eyes were sparkling as bright as diamonds. He then began to remember the moment where she asked him about photography, in which the sharing love visit to children centre came up in his mind.

The memories of Infinite and T-ara playing with kids together, laughing and having fun together came up to his mind. He also remembered the moment where he and Jiyeon was playing catching with the kids. He giggled sheepishly as he soon remembered him in the God of Study set together with Jiyeon, and chatting with her together with Seungho.

"Those moments... how come I never remembered it during the idol championships?" Myungsoo mumbled. "Jiyeon-sshi, I didn't know we have met before, and I didn't know we had moments together." Myungsoo mumbled to himself until someone came into the room.

"Yo Myungsoo, can I lend your comb for a while." Sungyeol said, while Myungsoo nodded his head.

"Myungsoo, dont mind me but just asking, are you in love?" Sungyeol asked. "You seemed to be thinking a lot recently, you seemed lost too." Sungyeol added on.

Myungsoo stared at Sungyeol for a while as Sungyeol slowly escaped out of the room, shutting the doors tight. 

Myungsoo stared at the ground, "Am I really falling in love? Can't be.." Myungsoo thought. "This escalated way too quickly than I thought." Myungsoo mumbled to himself before he could hear his manager's voice outside his room.

He went out to see the Infinite members sitting on the couch while the Manager was infront of the television, talking to them.

"What happened?" Myungsoo asked, dazzled.

"Myungsoo, take a seat please." The manager instructed in which Myungsoo abided to it obediently. "Guys, I am going to give you all a short break. This year's The Chaser was a great hit, my superior instructed me to do so, so you guys will be granted a week of free activity. Just... just don't get yourselves into any scandals, rumours and trouble okay? Behave yourselves, I must say." The manager added on.

Infinite cheered loudly as Hoya and Dongwoo fist-pumped with each other, while Sungyeol and Sungjong hugged in joy. 

"One week, and the first day starts tomorrow." The manager said. "Now, you guys can go sleep and get more rest during this week, after this week, you'll continue with your schedules. And by looking at it, it's gonna be lots of performances in different events here and there." The manager continued on but Infinite was not paying attention, simply chatting and playing amongst themselves.

The manager soon take his leave and Infinite member sstarted arranging outings together, and within themselves. They dialled and texted messages their friends and families, some would be moving out to their family homes, some would be staying in the dorm. 

Myungsoo was grinning widely. "Freedom, heck yeah." he muttered to himself. 


Sorry, the update got delayed! I'll update tomorrow as I got work! Thanks and sorry! :)

SUBSCRIBE and COMMENT!