chaptertwentytwo.

Wrath of the Idol Life ∞

{ Misunderstandings and us }

4:10 p.m. Next day, In Jiyeon's apartment

 

Jiyeon was sitting on her bed, she curled her body up as she wiggled her toes, while looking at her phone. She then pressed the home button to see the time. It was 4:11p.m.. Jiyeon sighed as she took a look at the window. Seeing the buildings outside and the clear blue sky from the window, she bit her lips while she picked up her phone and texted Myungsoo nervously.

From: Jiyeon

Oppa, where are you now? Having your schedule? Are you free at 5 today?

Jiyeon sighed. She did not want to resort to this but she had to test his boyfriend. She had the feeling that the boyfriend might be hiding things from her. This was exactly what she detested. She despise people telling lies to her, especially when that person is someone she is close to, someone she loves. Jiyeon sighed as she pulled herself up from the bed as she grabbed her phone on her hands as she slowly dragged her feet to the kitchen. It was a free day for her, since she have completed her 5 hour training sessions earlier that day. Jiyeon sighed as she grabbed a pot from the cupboard, and place it on the stove.

Adding some water to it, she the stove, lit up the fire as the fire started heating the water up steadily. Jiyeon frowned while moving to the shelves and grabbed a packet of instant ramyun and opened it up, while taking out the seasonings and satchets of sauces. As the water was bobbling with bubbles and vigorously jerking about, Jiyeon placed the noodles inside and added the sauce and seasonings while taking a pair of chopsticks and stirring and mixing the soup well.

With a spoon in , she stirred the contents and waited for it to cook finish while looking at the phone. No reply yet. Maybe he was busy. Jiyeon sighed while shut off the fire, turned off the stove and grabbed the pot to the living room, placing it down on the coffee table while opening the lid of the pot and placing it beside the pot of noodles. Transfering some noodles on the pot lid, she then hungrily munched on them while turning on the television.

Sigh. She was feeling all lonely. The T-ara members were busy with their own personal lives, Qri and Eunjung are probably being filial daughters, visiting their parents in this hour, Hyomin would probably be shopping in some private shopping areas in Seoul, while Boram would probably be sleeping like a log at home. Soyeon, no doubt would be out with her new actor boyfriend.

Jiyeon really yearned some time spent with Myungsoo. However, ever since this scandal erupted, things were not really the same as before. Jiyeon tried to accept him, but she would always think of Doyeon as she thought of Myungsoo. It somehow traumatized her. Jiyeon could imagine Myungsoo in the cafe with Doyeon. She could even imagine them doing skinship. Though she had already promised to believe him, those images still flashed into her mind. She was worried. Maybe the rumours might be true.

She felt stupid sometimes. She regretted having with him yesterday, it was just sudden and outrageous. Having with your idol boyfriend after he was involved in a dating rumour with some other girl, with the sort of evidences? Jiyeon felt suspicious of him. Though she believed Myungsoo will not cheat on her, but she thought it would be better to be cautious, yet trust him.

However, things aren't easy. She could not really express how she feel about Myungsoo. She then sighed and dialled Boram over. Boram soon came quick after she finished her instant noodles, as she rung her doorbell impatiently.

"I'm coming." Jiyeon said, shouting from the kitchen as she rushed and opened the door. 

"Ah, what took you so long, it was pretty cold outside! And I'm dressed in shorts and stockings only!" Boram exclaimed while rushing inside and turning on the heater, while sitting beside the heater, warming herself up.

"I..I was just washing the dishes in the kitchen." Jiyeon said, heading towards the kitchen.

"So... anything to tell me?" Boram said.

"Y..You know I have something to tell you?" Jiyeon said in surprise.

"I'm sure you do. Otherwise you wouldn't just call me here right?" Boram said, smirking while Jiyeon nodded her head and sat on the couch. 

"It's about Myungsoo." Jiyeon confessed.

Boram smirked, "Guessed it alright. What about him anyway? Is it because of that rumour yesterday?" Boram said.

Jiyeon nodded her head. "Boram unnie, I don't know how I am feeling about this. I should believe him and I trust that he wouldn't cheat on me. I can feel it that he genuinely loves me." Jiyeon explained.

Boram nodded her head in understanding while Jiyeon continued on, "I have a feeling Myungsoo is also cheating on me with Doyeon girl.." Jiyeon sighed while Boram stare at her at lost.

"So, you believe he wont cheat you, but you have a feeling that he might be cheating you?" Boram said in an confusing manner. "Wow, this is more complex than I thought. But anyway, here's my point of view. It all seems like you love him a lot, yet can't really believe him. You're insecure to be with him right now, since this whole dating rumour erupted out." Boram said.

She then further explained, "So, you are unsure of him, you can't clarify, though you can feel that he genuinely loves you. Just wait for awhile and see how it goes. Like how he treats you and how you feel of him in the future days." 

Jiyeon sighed. "But it all seems like everything changed. I don't know, I still love him and he loves me just as much, it just feels like something is lacking or different between us." Jiyeon said.

"You're just paranoid over that Doyeon girl. Because she was involved in this rumour, you're uncertain of many things and you will keep thinking of her and Myungsoo. She's like a small barrier in between you two right now." Boram explained clearly. 

"Then.." Jiyeon said in distress. "What should I do?" Jiyeon said. Her expression was at lost, she sighed in worry while Boram patted her on the shoulders, and whispered to her.

"Keep an eye on him." She stated.

Jiyeon looked at her in worry, while Boram added on. "This might be risky to your relationship. But look out for him. See what he do, whatever stuff. See whether the whole rumour was true or not. See his relationship with Doyeon. Check on it. Check on phones, whatever else." Boram explained.

"Only when you know the truth through your own true eyes, see the reality, then you will feel much more at ease, your relationship would be better this way. Though, if the scandal is really true, then... at least you face the reality earlier and you get hurt less by then." Boram said while Jiyeon nodded her head.

Suddenly her phone received a reply from Myungsoo. It read:

From: Myung Oppa

Ummm, mianhae. I got some training at 5. Sorry, I'll accompany you some other day, alright?

Jiyeon's heart sunk as she sighed and replied the text.

From: Jiyeon

It's alright. Take care~

 

"Jiyeon-ah, gwenchana?" Boram asked her curiously.

"Myungsoo's gonna meet that Doyeon girl." Jiyeon told her.

Boram exclaimed in shock, "WHAT? Is he nuts? Or is he ing cheating on you?" 

"Let's go." Boram said, standing up.

"Where to?" Jiyeon asked curiously.

"We're going to check on them. This is the way to find out the reality." Boram said, pulling Jiyeon up as well. "Let's go, pali!" She said as both of them set off to the cafe where Myungsoo would meet Lee Do Yeon.

 

Myungsoo and Doyeon were sitting in the cafe, at a seat beside the window while Myungsoo and her was silently staring at each other.

"Doyeon-sshi, what do you want from me?" Myungsoo said sternly.

This time, Jiyeon and Boram managed to enter the cafe in their disguise, caps and pairs of shades. They took a seat diagonally across them, another seat beside the window while suspiciously eyeing them.

"Myungsoo-sshi, what are you talking about?" Doyeon said back. "Oh... you meant the dating rumour? Yeah, those reporters are so outrageous!" Doyeon exclaimed.

"You planned all of this, didn't you?" Myungsoo said, glaring at her sternly.

"No I didn't." Doyeon said firmly. "Myungsoo-sshi, I don't understand what are you trying to get across me. Are you trying to say I'm just some attention-?" Doyeon added on.

"I did not meant all these, but your tweets and pictures are all too much of a coincidence with mine. It just doesn't seem real and coincidence to me. It's all obvious that you try to match mine with yours so that you can create this stupid rumour." Myungsoo replied back.

Doyeon gasped, "What? Myungsoo-sshi, are you blaming me right now?" Doyeon said, raising her voice in anger.

"Doyeon-sshi, I would appreciate if you stop lying and tell the truth to the public." Myungsoo instructed her.

"I wouldn't. I did not do this, so why should I admit my fault?" Doyeon said.

"Yah, Lee Do Yeon." Myungsoo raised his voice.

"Myungsoo-sshi, my appa works for you. He is the one in-charge of your book. I can just ask him to pull this whole contract off and your book will be worthless then. You know how it works right." Doyeon said, smirking.

"Your true colours." Myungsoo said.

Doyeon sighed. "You're insane." Doyeon commented.

"You just described yourself." Myungsoo smirked. Chuckling, he then added on, "You know what, you just lost your temper just a second ago, and now you're pretending to be all innocent and stuff, you are such a fake woman to be honest. I wonder what do people see in you to call you a ulzzang in the first place."

Doyeon looked at him in hurtful expression. "Myungsoo-sshi, I didn't do it for real. Can't you believe me?" She said, starting to tear up.

"You yourself make me lost faith in humanity. I can't possibly believe someone like you. You are just ruining my relationship and my life." Myungsoo said.

"Myungsoo-sshi, you have a girlfriend?" Doyeon asked in shock. 

"Yeah, she is....." Myungsoo said but before he could continue, a fan snapped a picture of them.

"Wah daebak, L oppa. You're really dating her?" The fan said. 

Myungsoo exclaimed in shock while hurriedly denied the fan. The manager soon came in and dragged both of them out of the cafe hastily and brought them into the Infinite van to settle their disputes.

Jiyeon and Boram seen the entire commotion and was shocked for words. "Oppa." Jiyeon said while both of them slowly went down and hide behind a pillar, away from Infinite's van to peek on them.

They could not really see them inside, given the black screen all over the van. Only the people inside could see what was outside. No one outside could see what's inside at all. Jiyeon sighed. Many images popped up into her mind. Them making out, them doing it, them hugging and crying together. She just hope nothing of that sort happens inside there right now.

After 5 minutes, they came out of the van. Doyeon was sobbing silently while the manager came out too, standing beside both of them, while talking something to Doyeon. They could not hear what they're saying, but they just depended on what they see to decipher. Doyeon then nodded her head silently while looking at Myungsoo apologetically.

She bowed at him gently while suddenly hugging him tightly, mumbling something to him after hugging. 

Myungsoo's eyes was widened in shock but he shut his eye and patted her back gently, comforting her. The manager crossed his arms and soon separated both of them. 

Doyeon bowed at him one last time before walking away from them. But before Myungsoo went back into the van, Jiyeon ran up towards him and gripped on his arm tightly.

 

Myungsoo widened his eyes. "J...Jiyeon." He said, stuttering.

"Are you all being intimate with each other already now?!" Jiyeon said. 

"Come on in first." Myungsoo said as he suddenly saw Boram beside her, panicking.

"Boram-sshi, I'll bring her back soon. You just wait here." Myungsoo said.

Boram looked at him and shook her head in defeat while Myungsoo shut the door tightly and the car was set on the roads in no time. Jiyeon crossed her arm while looking elsewhere, that sight of her frightened Myungsoo. He was panicking on what to do, and what to tell her about it. He knew she had misunderstood him. 

"Jiyeon-ah." Myungsoo said softly, while tugging onto her arm.

Jiyeon brushed off his hand while looking at him, "Looks like you call me like a normal friend now. This is great. I see where this is gonna end up." Jiyeon said in a pissed off manner.

"Babe, you can't see it. We're not gonna end this just like that. We're never gonna end. I'm gonna love you forever and you will love me forever like what you always do." Myungsoo stated.

"Then explain yourself for that hug just now." Jiyeon said. She then continued, "It's not that I don't trust you or not. To be honest, my mind's at lost as to whether I should accept this rumour and continue believing you're my loyal man and won't cheat on me ever." 

"However..." Jiyeon said, paused for awhile. "I just wanted to look on you for awhile, see whether it's all true or not. I saw that text and I came here to check on you. I know I'm just not trusting you and what nots, but my mind is not at ease. I fear my man being stolen by somebody else. I don't want my man to be shared with another girl. I don't want to suffer the pain of being heartbroken." Jiyeon said.

"I came here, having the mindset that you're just telling her off straight in the face. But, that hug... that hug just crushed my wishes and dreams. I don't know what to see for our future now." Jiyeon mumbled.

"Can I explain for it?" Myungsoo said. Jiyeon looked at him while snobbing.

"Jiyeon-sshi, you should listen to Myungsoo." The manager said, while eyeing on the road.

Jiyeon looked at him while Myungsoo explained, "We told her off just now in the van. I guess you saw it, we need to get into the van to avoid those fangirls from snapping more photos of me and her together." 

"We told her to stop her acts, we would not hesitate to drop the contract, since we can always find other marketing companies to help out with it. It's really easy for us to do, and we won't suffer as much as she would be suffering." Myungsoo said. "We then frightened her by saying the impacts of her acts and what will happen to her and her father's company if we dropped the contract, she got really worried and intense and all scared. She then apologized and said she will not do it anymore and will keep silent about this to make this a win-win situation for all of us." Myungsoo continued on, while holding Jiyeon by her shoulders.

Jiyeon looked at him. Was it genuine? She thought it was.

She sighed while holding his arms. "Oppa.." She said.

"Hm?" Myungsoo said. "Do you believe me now?" Myungsoo asked further.

"I believe you.." Jiyeon said, sighing. "But I'm tired." Jiyeon said.

"Maybe idols can't date well, there's just too many implications and complications in our lives. It's such a pity idols can have a lasting, fun, enjoyable, not tiring relationship." Jiyeon explained.

"W...What are you saying, babe." Myungsoo said.

"I love you, Myungsoo. But everyday I keep thinking about the obstacles further ahead of us, it just makes me wonder, is it worth it or not? Shall I make myself all ing stressed up for my rest of my life over our relationship.. Maybe we're not fated to date long." Jiyeon said.

"Then... can we still be best friends?" Myungsoo said in a low tone.

Jiyeon nodded her head. "I'm sorry if I broke up with you in such an abrupt manner." Jiyeon apologized before hurriedly leaving the van.

As she walked away from the van, she heard Myungsoo's voice, shouting towards her, "I'll do things for you, as a best friend! Wait for me!" 

 

"Are you mad, you should chase after her, maybe there's hope!" The manager said, still stopping the car.

"There's hope. I'm gonna continue dating her as best friends." Myungsoo said, grinning widely.

"So... aren't you sad over this breakup." The manager said.

"I'm sad, a little. But... this isn't a breakup to me. She still loves me a lot, I know. Her eyes say so, she couldn't bare to leave me, but she's just at loss and worked up over this relationship. I'll show her, even if we're idols, we can still date. Our past moments have been great. If it isn't for all these stupid obstacles and crazy fangirls, we would still last forever. I'm gonna make sure it's gonna work this time round." Myungsoo said, giving a very confident smile.


 

COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE!