Chapter 14

"Forever"... in my memories (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Here..."

Yuri puts 4 cups of coffee on the table. He hands one to Taeyeon who is sitting quietly on the couch. They are all inside Jessica's hospital room and a very awkward silence is surrounding them. Tiffany is sitting beside Jessica's bed.

"Yul, you know that we should head back soon. Sooyoung suddenly came and he must be going crazy now serving all those customers." Taeyeon said as he stands up. Tiffany's looking at him and he can feel it but he didn't look back at her.

"I understand. Let's go now."

"Yu-"

"You're going already?" Dr. Shin opens the door as the two boys were about to leave. "Yes doc. We have to go back to the bakeshop." Taeyeon said. "But what about her? She's free to go as long as she will have enough rest." He asked as he points to Jessica. "Can't she stay here?" Yuri asked. "Oh, I don't think that's necessary. She's not that injured."

"Tiffany-ssi, maybe you can bring her back to Seoul." Taeyeon said while looking coldly at Tiffany. The girl just looks down.

"Oh, that is not allowed." Dr. Shin said while waving his hands.

"She's not that hurt but travelling will not be good for her. Besides she will have to travel far if she wants to go back to Seoul. Can't she stay with you? You seem to be friends though. I think Aunt Ji won't mind taking in one, I mean two ladies and one of them is injured. So?"

Taeyeon looks at Dr. Shin while waving his hands and looking so worried. "No way, sorry but we don't really have much time to take care of guests especially with the island festival. We can't handle it."

"Tae's right, Dr. Shin." Yuri said. "Nonsense, I already talked to Aunt Ji and she seems to like the idea of having two guests over. She even asked you to bring them to the shop. You can use my car if you want. Here's the key." He gives the key to Taeyeon. "Say thanks to aunt Ji for the delicious cupcakes she gave me. Bye you two, oh and remember what I said about Jessica-ssi's condition." Then he left the room.

"Ugh, seriously." Taeyeon looks frustrated. "Since Aunt Ji accepted I guess we have no more choice." Yuri said sounding defeated. "Its fine we can just stay at some hotel here." Tiffany said. Taeyeon looks at her. "With the island festival just around the corner I don't think you'll find any hotels vacant for the week." He said. "I'll go prepare the car; Yul go take a wheelchair and Tiffany-ssi please handle the discharge paper." Yuri just nods his head.

The two boys already left the room before one of the girls could even speak.

"Tiff, I'm sorry."

"~sigh~ Jessi... its fine but please stop doing things that just come to your mind."

"You were the one who gave me the idea about this."

"But you should have told me first. I was worried sick when you suddenly left. And I'm not yet prepared to meet Taeyeon. I'll handle your discharge papers now. Just take a rest first."

 

 

Taeyeon's inside the car already, settled on the driver's seat. He looks so serious while looking outside. "Why now?" He asked. "Just when I'm starting again... why did you have to come?" He asked as he rests his head on the steering wheel. A knock on the window disturbed him. He hurriedly opens the car's door when he saw Yuri.

"Help me here" Yuri said pointing to Jessica who’s on a wheelchair. Taeyeon opens the door for them then Yuri carries Jessica. Tiffany was about to take care of the wheelchair when Taeyeon gets it from her.

"Just look after your friend." He said.

"Taeyeon, I-"

"Aunt Ji's waiting." He looked at her sternly. "Just look after Jessica." Tiffany just nods her head and goes to Jessica's side.

 

 

The ride to the bakeshop was awkwardly silent. No one dared to say anything. Taeyeon's focused on driving. Yuri's just resting his head and body for work. Tiffany and Jessica are both looking through the window, either admiring the beautiful scene or just staring blankly.

 

 

"Welcome, welcome." Aunt Ji welcomed the two girls inside. Tiffany was pushing Jessica's wheel chair.

"Here."

Aunt Ji brought them to a table. "Ahjumma" Tiffany said. "Just call me Aunt Ji." She said wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter