Chapter 12: Leaving...

"Forever"... in my memories (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

"D-dead? What are you saying? They're in front of us right now." Taeyeon said pointing at his parents. "You must be sick. Jeez coming here wet like that you're so-" but his sentence was interrupted when Yuri grabs his arm. Tears are visible in the tall guy's eyes. "Y-Yul?" Taeyeon looks nervous and confused. He tried to look to the other people around them but they are all avoiding his gaze except Tiffany who's also tearing up.

"Yul, you should-"

"They lied to us." These words are hard to understand but its making the poor Taeyeon afraid without a proper reason. "They lied to us Taeng, everyone." Yuri continued still grabbing Taeyeon's arm. "What do you mean?"

"They played with our lives."

"Yuri, it's not like that." Tiffany said but Yuri just glared at her. "It's not like that?! I've been calling someone mom when in fact she's not my real mother! I have my brother beside me but I didn't even know him! I liked an actress, no, I loved her but she acted like she didn't even know me when in fact she was my childhood friend!" Yuri shouted his voice filled with anger. "Me... what about me? What do you mean about my parents?" Taeyeon asked without looking at anyone but everyone knows this isn't a good sign, even Yuri. He's now hesitating but the truth needs to come out. "They're dead." Yuri said.

"..." Taeyeon's not talking.

"I don’t know how or when but... they're dead." Taeyeon takes his arm away from Yuri's hold as he slowly moved back still not lifting his head. Everyone's getting nervous because of how Taeyeon's acting. "T-Taeyeon" Kim-appa tries to walk towards him but he stopped when Taeyeon slowly lifted his head... tears... tears are falling from his eyes. "T-tell me, I beg you. Tell me it’s not true, please." He said. He looks so broken right now. "I'm sorry..." that's all what Kim-appa answered.

"Why? Why?!" Taeyeon screamed. "We had to. Seeing your condition after the accident we couldn't give you another heart ache." Kim-umma said. "What?! That's stupid! They are my parents, I deserve to know! Who are you?!"

"Your dad is my brother." Kim-appa said. Taeyeon turns to Tiffany "You didn't know anything, right?" He asked her almost begging.

"I knew." She answered. Those words caused more tears from Taeyeon. "Who are my parents?" He asked the couple he used to call appa and umma. "Who are they?!"

"Cho Ye Eun and Kim Hyun Jun..." Tiffany answered for them. This brought so much shock to Taeyeon. "T-they were..."

"Scarlet Island..." Tiffany looked at him. "You knew... but you didn't say anything?! You were there when ahjumma told me about them but you didn't say a word?!" He looked at everyone except Yuri. "Y-you all... just what do you take me for?! How could you do this?! 7 years of my life! You played with 7 years of my life! You didn't give me the slightest chance to meet them!"

"How do you expect us to tell you?!" Kim-appa shouted. "You looked so bad when you woke up from that freaking hospital! You can’t remember a single thing! It was hard for you to neither speak nor lift your arms! You were so broken Taeyeon! How do you expect us to tell you that your parents died on that same accident?!"

The two boys were surprised because of what Kim appa said.

"Yuri!"

The Kwon couple arrived together with Jessica. Kwon-appa runs to Kim-appa trying to stop him and Kwon-umma runs to Kim-umma to calm her from crying. She looks at Yuri but the poor boy didn't mind her stare. His mind is at a complete mess after all the information he got today. "Don't stop him." Taeyeon told Kwon-appa. "What do you mean they died on that accident?! Tell us everything!"

"It was all because of us." Jessica suddenly said. "7 years ago, we were going to leave for US. We were moving there because of our parent's companies. The Jungs and Hwangs collaborated and planned to expand their business in US so we had to leave. Our whole lives that time we spent together that it was so hard to separate the four of us." Jessica looked at the two boys as she continued. "You were so angry the night before our flight. You didn't want us to go so we decided to not wake you up when we were about to leave. We were all here at the Kim Mansion the day before our flight, the day before the accident."

"The Jungs and Hwangs left already when you woke up the next day." Kwon-appa continued. "You wanted to follow them but we didn't allow you to go. It would be hard for the four of you if we let you follow the girls to the airport... but something happened. You boys might be different now but back then you loved cars. Taeyeon was studying how to drive by his own and... Yuri took the car keys without us knowing. You took one of the cars and drove to the airport, we followed you. Taeyeon's parents used a different car from ours. We were driving behind you trying to stop you when we ended up in the highway... there, our nightmare happened. You didn't know how to drive yet so your car was unstable. When we were there a truck made a turn just in front of you. Y-you weren't stopping and was about to collide with the truck when all of a sudden the Kim's car came fast. They made it between you and the truck. Your car was sent to the side of the road while they... they were dragged and crashed by the truck. Both of your cars were badly damaged but they had it worse. We tried to help them but they told us to check on you boys first... then... t-they" Kwon-appa's voice was cracking so Kim-appa tried to comfort him. "Their c-car e-exploded... we weren't able to s-save them." The couples are now crying

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter