Mystery Solved

Prowess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No One’s POV:

 

“Goodnight, Jin Kyong-ah.” He kissed her forehead before saying, “I love you.”

 

“Goodnight Chan Hee,” she snuggled closer to him and felt his even breathing. A second or two later she whispered, “Love you too.”

 

 

 

A few days passed by as usual and one day, Hansuke and Jin Kyong decided to give Father Park a visit. It was a weekend. So they informed Chunji and left to the church along with Hyun Su.

 

The driver stopped the car in the church’s parking lot and the duo got out, followed by the tiny tot. They walked inside and searched for Father Park.

 

They found him at the rectory. He welcomed them with a light embrace as he was really happy to see two of his most favorite people.

 

“How are you?” he asked them both, after he made them have a seat.

 

“We are good, Father. How are you?” they both asked in unison.

 

“I am good too. My little monkey! How have you been?” he ruffled Hyun Su’s hair while he simply giggled as a response.

 

They spoke about how their studies have been, how they missed each other, how well the trio’s life is, how much have Hansuke recovered and so on.

 

Hours later, the trio was about to bid farewell to Father Park, when he called out to them once again.

 

“What is troubling you child?” he questioned Jin Kyong.

 

She was initially shocked to hear that. “What? Um, nothing Father.” She replied once she regained her composure.

 

“You are lying,” he simply stated.

 

Now her eyes went as wide as a Loris. ‘How could he sense that? Does he have any power?’ she wondered to herself.

 

“Why do you say that?” she asked him hesitatingly.

 

“I just know you child. So what is bothering you?”

 

“Um,” she was not sure whether to tell it or not.

 

“Do you want to go to the confession area?” Father Park enquired.

 

She let out a small laugh. She isn’t much of a religious person. But she didn’t laugh because of that.

 

“Father, it’s not needed. I can tell it here.” She smiled at him, before taking a small pause.

 

“Do you want to speak alone?” with that Hansuke stood up and went to carry her brother into his arms.

 

She held onto Hansuke’s forearm and stopped him from exiting the room. “They know about it Father.”

 

“Very well then. Go on my child.”

 

“Um, I’m not sure how to say this.” She took a breath. “I have got this peculiar power Father.” She looked at him while he motioned her to carry on, “I can manipulate people’s mind.” she said while Father looked a little confused, so she explained a bit more, “Manipulate as in I can put my very own thoughts in someone’s mind without their knowledge.” His mouth formed an ‘O’ while his eyes shined with curiosity.

 

“Ah, I get it.” He nodded his head after processing the information. “Now how is that bothering you?”

 

“I don’t usually use it on anyone without any absolute need. However, even in those, I have found some to be immune to it. Like my power doesn’t have any impact on them. I just don’t get it. I don’t know to whom I should ask about it Father.” She let out a sigh.

 

“Give me a minute child,” Father Park stood up and started to rummage through his bookshelves while the other two were simply confused by his actions, “I have read about powers like this somewhere.”

 

“What?” Jin Kyong exclaimed. “There’s a book about it?”

 

“Calm down, child. Don’t you think having that power with you is more shocking than to know that there exists a book about it? I used to think that maybe those were a part of beliefs or mythologies in some communities.”

 

“Here it is,” He retrieved a book from his stack of books and then he skimmed through a few pages before halting at a particular page. He read through them and finally looked up at her.

 

“What kind of people did you use your power on?”

 

“Um, mostly bad ones Father. When put to harmful situations, I put some safe thoughts into their minds and make them believe it was what they have been thinking.”

 

“How about the ones on whom the power didn’t work?”

 

“Like I said earlier, I don’t use it on everyone unnecessarily. Out of those few people, only two people were there who didn’t show any result.”

 

Her eyes automatically darted towards Hansuke who was sitting right beside her and she kind of felt guilty now to even think she used it on him.

 

Father Park nodded his head before continuing reading the book. She held on to Hansuke’s right palm as she whispered, “I’m sorry,”

 

“Why?”

 

“I used it on you,” she said in a low voice, while avoiding his eyes.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter