Horrible Event

Prowess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin Kyong’s POV:

 

A university student in the morning and a part time job in a café in the evening, was my everyday routine. It is pretty tiring but I do them to make some money on my own without having to depend on my parents entirely.

 

I walked into my house after finishing my work that day. My mom was cooking in the kitchen while my dad was watching some news but my baby brother was nowhere in sight. 'Has he gone to bed already? Is it that late?' I wondered as I looked at my watch and found that it was still early for his bed time. 'Where is he then?'

 

“Mom, where is Hyun Su?” I asked my mom.

 

My brother is a three year old, cute, little kid. Oh yes, we have sixteen years difference between us. You guessed it right. And I love him a lot.

 

“He is in his room, Jin Kyong-ah.” she replied without even turning her head around.

 

I know it would be a waste of time to ask something to my father while he was watching TV. So I silently walked up the stairs and to my room, dropped my bag on the bed, took some clothes from the wardrobe and walked into the bathroom.

 

After I was done with a long, relaxing shower, I walked into my brother’s room and just like I expected, he was still lying on the bed wide awake.

 

In my mood to take a nice, relaxing shower, I have completely forgotten about him. He usually never sleeps until I sing him a lullaby or tell him a story as he was too attached to me more than my parents who were always busy with their business trips.

 

“Hyun Su-ah, why are you still awake?” I sat down on his bed.

 

“You didn’t tell me a story yet.” He said in his cute voice and puffed out his cheeks.

 

“Sorry,” I ruffled his hair before tucking him into his comforter.

 

I started narrating him a story while he closed his eyes and lay on the bed. Nearly the end of the story, he had slowly drifted off to sleep. I once again straightened his comforter, the night lamp.

 

I walked out of his room, before closing the door silently behind me. I slowly descended the stairs and walked into the kitchen to see that my mom has just finished cooking. I helped her set up the table and sat down for dinner along with my parents.

 

However, the entire dinner was business talks for my parents and it was nothing new in our house. I don’t know whether all businessmen’s families suffered the same way my brother and I do or it was just us.

 

We sure are a wealthy family. So we have money more than we will ever need. Or so I feel. Yet my parents always worry about earning more. If asked, they say that they are doing it for us. Nice excuse they have got there!

 

After we were done with our dinner, I gathered all the empty plates and dishes, before loading them into the dishwasher and later cleaned the table. When the dishwasher was done, I took out all the dishes, wiped them dry and arranged them in their respective places in the kitchen cupboard. I turned off the lights before walking over to my room. I lay down on the bed, pulled the comforter over me and drifted off to dreamland.

 

 

Suddenly I woke up from my sleep upon hearing a noise. It seemed to be coming from the ground floor. 'Was it morning already?' I wondered but my room was still completely dark. So I turned over and looked at the alarm clock on the bedside table.

 

I was shocked to see that it was just a few hours past midnight. 'Who could be awake at this time?' I was worried that something might be wrong with my parents. So I opened my door lazily and dragged my feet out to the corridor from where I could see the entire living room below and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter