Take Your Time

Prowess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin Kyong’s POV:

 

“I’m still a little confused about my powers, Su-yah.” I told my baby brother.

 

I wasn’t sure whether he will understand my trouble or not. However, there was a high chance that he will understand it better than anyone else in here.

 

“What powers?” a voice startled me from our behind.

 

I turned around and looked at him wide eyed. He had a confused expression while Hyun Su was looking from him to me and back to him.

 

“Nothing Chan Hee-ah,” I said nervously.

 

He looked at the both of us and I think he must have guessed something at our disturbed look. “Are you both hiding something from me?” he looked pretty sad while I glanced at my brother to come to a conclusion, as he continued, “Fine. You need not tell me if you both don’t trust me enough.” He smiled to end it.

 

Though he smiled after saying it, I still felt a bit of sadness, disappointment and a tad bit of hurt mixed in his tone and I felt a little down hearing it but I didn’t know what to do and I started to think or more like question myself whether to tell him or not.

 

I was a little worried that he might consider me as a freak or something. Will he still treat me the same? Will it alter his feelings in any way?

 

“Tell him noona,” Hyun Su whispered in my ears softly.

 

‘Are you sure?’ I once again thought in my mind.

 

“Yes,” he whispered again.

 

I was so immersed in the thoughts that I didn’t notice him walking closer to me and planting a kiss on my cheeks while I was taken aback once again. You should be thinking that I would be so used to his kisses by then. But I was not. Each time it feels like it was the first time.

 

When I looked at him, he has already started to walk away. I took a quick pace and grabbed his wrist while he turned around and looked at me quizzically.

 

“I trust you,” I blurted out while he looked at me expressionless. “I will tell you. But not here please. Let’s go somewhere inside.” I started to lead him inside the mansion while still holding onto his wrist.

 

I was happy that he let me drag him somewhere without any questions. But suddenly he held my wrist which was in turn holding his wrist and tugged it, making me stumble a little before balancing myself and my baby brother, in my hand.

 

“Are you all right?” I nodded at him. “I’m sorry. I just meant to give a little pull. I will carry him.” With that he took my brother into his arms and now started leading me towards his room. We got in and he locked the door behind him.

 

“So what is it Jin Kyong?” he asked me while he let my brother down on his bed. He then sat down on the bed and patted the place beside him, which I took hesitatingly.

 

There was a long silence and neither of us spoke anything. He was actually waiting for me to speak out while I was trying to come up with a way to open my mouth. I was quite nervous as a lot of things popped into my head.

 

“You need not tell me anything if you aren’t comfortable.” He gave my hand a gentle squeeze. I looked up to his face and saw his smiling face. Surprising or not, his smile gave me enough confidence to open up finally.

 

“I am gifted with a power.” I tried saying everything at one go, hoping he didn’t catch anything out of it. But no such luck on my side. He must have caught every single word as his eyes went wide like he just saw an alien walking out of a spaceship.

 

“What?” was the only word which came out of his mouth.

 

“See! I know you would react in this way and that’s why I didn’t tell you. I’m going now.” I stood up and was about to leave when a hand grabbed my wrist.

 

“I’m sorry. I was just not expecting to hear something like that. It was my genuine expression to be surprised. I wasn’t making fun of you. Now please sit down,” he kind of pleaded.

 

I looked at him and at my brother who was rolling on Chan Hee’s bed behind him. He gave me a short nod, which was an okay for doing as I was asked. So I sat down once again beside him and repeated my sentence.

 

“What kind of power are we talking in here?” he asked with sheer interest.

 

“Um, it is related to minds.” I started to beat around the bush once again since I was scared to explain more about it as he might think that the reason behind his feelings was my influence.

 

“Carry on,” he motioned his hand indicating the same thing.

 

“I um, I um,” I couldn’t get any other words out of my mouth. He pulled my chin with his hand to face him and started caressing my cheeks while I tried to form a coherent sentence.

 

Finally getting enough courage, I spoke once again while staring directly into his eyes. It wasn’t like I wanted to do it or anything. It’s just that I was left with no other choice. “I can manipulate people’s mind.”

 

He kept looking into my eyes for a moment, as if he was expecting me to burst into fits of laughter. His hands slowly slid down to my shoulders as he held me firmly with a poker face. “Does that mean you have manipulated my mind too, to have feelings for you?”

 

His face was so serious that I started to feel that my worst fear had indeed come true. “I knew you would be asking that. But it’s not true.” I said as his eyes widened.

 

“Yah! Don’t cry. I was just teasing you.” He was getting worried while he quickly wiped the tears off my cheeks. I was crying and I didn’t even know about it? How pathetic of you, Jin Kyong? I scolded myself inwardly.

 

He pulled me onto his chest as he rubbed my back soothingly. A moment later, I finally composed myself and pulled away from him while he looked at me a little guiltily, “I’m sorry.” He said.

 

“What are you sorry about?” I asked softly.

 

“I didn’t mean to offend you. I w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter