One More Chance!

Prowess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chunji’s POV:

 

I was kind of shocked myself when I spilled the beans to Hansuke. It must be the effect of the booze. I was expecting him to burst out in anger after hearing my confession.

 

But he didn’t do any of that. Instead, he was giving me some advice combined with a mild scolding. I would have even understood him if he had beaten me instead of the scolding. Now that I think of that, he and his advice sounds right.

 

 

-Flashback-

 

“Why are you doing all these? I let you near her because I trusted you hyung. Why are you misusing it?”

 

“I’m not misusing anything Hansuke. What do you mean I broke your trust?”

 

“Why are you hurting her by being bipolar?”

 

“What? Bipolar? Me?”

 

“Yeah, bipolar hyung. You are nice to her one moment but then you change 180 degree the other moment by making out with girls.” He paused for a minute, “I guess it's better that Jin Kyong and I leave your house and stay somewhere else.”

 

The last sentence hit me like a thousand daggers. “I’m really sorry about what I was doing. Please don’t leave the place. I don’t think I can take it.”

 

“What do you mean you can’t take it? How is that going to affect you hyung?”

 

“I can’t take it because I like her.” the words escaped my mouth before I could stop it.

 

A small smile crept at the corner of his lips but it soon faded away just as fast as it appeared. “I guessed it already hyung. But if you like her, then why are you making out with other girls in front of her? How is that going to help you to get her to like you too?”

 

-End of Flashback-

 

 

If the words that Jin Kyong might leave my place, stabbed me like daggers, then what he said now literally killed me. Actually it opened my eyes on my wrong doings.

 

I realized making out with other girls would not make her fall for me. In fact it would only make her move away from me.

 

He also said that she might be avoiding me because I hid the truth from her. So I’m planning to explain to her or more like show to her that Chan Hee and Chunji aren’t different. I have to prove to her that I’m still the same person who cared for her and nothing will change just because she found out I’m Chunji.

 

The next morning I woke up with a severe hangover. I might be sober now but I didn’t forget the previous day’s incident and I felt really worse for behaving like that on her birthday. I took a tablet and before I went to get ready for the day, I had to take care of some things.

 

 

No One’s POV:

 

When Jin Kyong woke up, both Hansuke and Hyun Su were already awake. She looked at the clock and realized she woke up later than usual. But she wasn’t too late to go to her class.

 

She got up from the bed and started to make her way towards her room and when she was about to turn the knob, she found a decorated note hanging on the knob which said ‘SORRY’.

 

She took the note in her hand and read it again. She could make a wild guess on the person to whom the note might belong to. She turned around and saw Chunji standing near his door and having a nervous glance in her direction.

 

As soon as their eyes met, a small smile tugged at the corner of his lips which he hid by quickly looking away while Jin Kyong got a a feel to smile too. But she remembered the previous night’s incident vividly. So she quickly opened the door and disappeared inside.

 

As soon as the door closed behind her, she slid down against it and held the note close to her, softly smiling as she was touched by his simple actions. Though she couldn’t talk to him instantly, she still felt happy that he was trying to talk to her.

 

She stood up and locked the door before walking over to the bed and found a folded towel on top of it. She spread it open and there was a sketch saying, ‘Will you forgive me?’

 

She shook her head lightly before folding it neatly and walking over to her wardrobe. She placed the note along with the towel safely in a corner, grabbed her dress for the day and when she grabbed a towel, an envelope fell out of it.

 

She opened the envelope and found a letter inside which she unfolded and started reading.

 

 

Dear Jin Kyong,

I’m really, really, really very sorry. I know I have done so many things which would have hurt you and I’m not saying I did them without knowing or anything. I agree I have made many mistakes which I regret now. I just want to explain everything to you and set things straight. But I will be able to do it, only if you give me a chance. Will you?

 

I miss having you in my life and I’m afraid of losing you forever. Just give me one chance to explain everything to you. If you choose to stay away from me even after that, then I will respect your decision.

 

Your Chan Hee

 

 

After reading the letter, she felt like she was being unfair but she just couldn’t easily get over everything and forgive him easily. She kept the paper at the place where she kept the other things, took her towel and went over to the bathroom. The whole time she was getting ready, her heart felt quite heavy.

 

When she came down for breakfast, everyone was already at the dining table and they were all waiting for her to have their breakfast. She took her usual seat which was across from Chunji. They both looked into each other, one having an expecting gaze while the other had a doubtful one.

 

Everyone had a silent breakfast before leaving to the campus. Hansuke and Chunji had small-small talks in the car while Jin Kyong just kept staring out the window. Even when they reached the campus, she just took off after bidding a quick goodbye in the general direction.

 

The next few days, she continued to do the same while Chunji continu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter