Secret Uncovered?

Prowess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chunji’s POV:

 

I was unlocking my car to go and hang out with Jin Kyong and Hansuke, when my phone started to ring. I was held up at the meeting longer than I thought. I know the call was from Jin Kyong. They must have waited for me for such a long time.

 

I read the caller id and answered the call. I thought I will finish this call and then put the car on ignition.

 

“Hello,” I said but I got nothing in response. “Jin Kyong?” I called out to her but still got no response.

 

I was about to end the call when I started to hear some voices other than Jin Kyong and Hansuke. I tried calling out to her to know what was going on but still I got no response and I was getting worried that something might happen to her.

 

After listening to the conversation they were having, I quickly connected my phone to the Bluetooth and started to drive the car out of the parking lot as if I was on some grand prix.

 

As if luck wasn’t on my side, there was such heavy traffic and I jumped a few signals to reach the spot as soon as I could. I just know the motel name but I don’t know to which room they both were taken too.

 

All the while, I was feeling like I was holding my heart in my palm. A few minutes later, I started to hear screams fill my car and I could swear the voice belonged to Jin Kyong while it sent shivers down my spine.

 

I finally arrived a few minutes later, quickly parked the car in the nearest spot and dashed out to the manager. But unfortunately, he was of no help.

 

I ran out from there and went on searching for the room by knocking on every room to find whether she was there. I almost gave up when an idea flashed in my mind.

 

I took out my phone, disconnected her call and dialed her number. There were three rooms where I didn’t get any response when I knocked.

 

I placed my ears on those doors and listened to the ringtone of her phone. The first two rooms were quiet until I reached the third room.

 

I heard her phone ringing. I turned the knob and it opened without any trouble. The door wasn’t locked. I walked in and saw Hansuke sitting on one corner of the room with his shoulder bleeding while the curled bundle on the bed stabbed my heart with thousand spears.

 

She was on the bed, curled into a fetal position and was completely bare. Cuts and scratches could be seen on her brown skin. She was a shivering mess. Hansuke finally noticed my presence.

 

“Hyung,” was all he could say as he broke down into tears.

 

I looked around for her dress only to find them in torn pieces. So I didn’t have any other choice but to use my t-shirt. I removed it and went over to help her but she let out a whimper as soon as my hand touched her.

 

“Jin Kyong-ah, this is Chan Hee. I won’t hurt you.” I whispered as I got her into my tee which was big enough to cover her to some extent.

 

I scooped her into my arms and looked at Hansuke. “Will you be alright for a few minutes?” he nodded. “I will be back to get you.”

 

I carried her to my car, gently placed her on the back seat, took the jacket from the passenger seat and placed it on her legs to cover the exposure. I locked the car before running back to the room.

 

I helped Hansuke to stand up and pulled majority of his weight onto me while holding his crutch in another. Balancing his weight on me, he hopped all the way to the car. I noticed his bleeding shoulder and did my best not to put any pressure on it.

 

I helped him into the passenger seat and we drove towards the nearest hospital. I stopped in front of the ER where nurses came running to the car with a wheel chair.

 

I helped Hansuke into the wheelchair and carried the half conscious Jin Kyong into my hand. The nurse wheeled him while I carried her to the doctor.

 

They placed her on the stretcher and started to wheel her for treatment but the girl held onto my wrist and refused to let go. She looked like her soul has been taken out of her body a long ago.

 

“Can I be there too doctor?” I asked him after explaining what had happened while he nodded.

 

So I accompanied her throughout her treatment. The doctor has sedated her to keep her mind away from the day’s event and she was peacefully sleeping on the hospital bed while I sat on the chair beside her bed along with Hansuke on a wheelchair.

 

His bleeding shoulder was fixed. The doctor said his hand wasn’t of much trouble but his leg seemed to have worsened a bit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter