Angel Vs Devil

Prowess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin Kyong’s POV:

 

When those guys stood in front of me once again in campus, I hate to admit that I was a bit scared. But I also had a thought that they won’t try anything in front of so many people.

 

Even if they did, at least one person would come to help me right? I hoped so. Still I held onto Hansuke’s hand tightly.

 

I was trying to tune out the words they were saying when out of nowhere Chan Hee sprang in front of us. He and those guys exchanged a few words and the way Chan Hee stood up for me got my liking on him to a whole new level as I never really had anyone stand up for me, let alone a guy. Just when my opinion on him got so high, a bomb was dropped on my head. The guys called Chan Hee as Chunji.

 

At first I thought I must have heard it wrong. But once I realized I did hear them, it finally hit me. Every high thought and feeling I had on him crashed down to nothing.

 

“Chan Hee-ah, you are Chunji?” I asked with such a pain filled voice and I looked up at him, pleading him to say that it was all a mistake.

 

He looked at me with guilt filled eyes, then he held my wrist as he said, “I will explain to you.”

 

I pulled my wrist forcefully, breaking away from his hold. “Tell me Chan Hee, are you?” I half shouted now with my eyes getting glossy with tears.

 

“I’m sorry.” He said and nodded his head.

 

As soon as he nodded his head, the tears that I held back were free flowing now.

 

“Jin Kyong-ah,” he called out to me and was about to hold me. But before he could, I swatted his hand and ran away from the place.

 

I ran continuously and before I realized, I was in my room. Thankfully, my brother wasn’t there. So I locked the door and flopped down on my bed.

 

I was emotionally drained. I was starting to think that I might be harboring some kind of feelings for him. Especially the way he took care of us and the way he was there to give a hand whenever something bad happened.

 

But never in my wildest hour did I think that he would be ‘The Chunji’ who kind of rules the entire university who also happens to be the biggest playboy in the campus.

 

But how come I didn’t see him bring any girl to the house? Suddenly I remembered something. Didn’t those girls say that he stopped playing with the girls after I started being with him? Does that mean he stopped it after he brought me home that day?

 

Does it also imply that he too might have some feelings for me? I could feel my heart swell in happiness a bit. But I started to have other thoughts too, which happened to be quite negative. It was like I have two inner selves which were contradicting each other, like an angel and a demon.

 

While the good side was telling me about all those nice things that happened between us and how he could have some feelings too, the bad side kept feeding my mind with darker thoughts.

 

As if on replay, all those cursing, lashing outs and what not, which was thrown at me by my fellow campus-mates kept repeating in my head over and over again and all of that wouldn’t have happened if he wasn’t Chunji.

 

People thought I’m a because I lived in his house and he stopped flirting with the girls after. Though he hasn’t touched me in a wrong way anytime, I still couldn’t stop myself from thinking that maybe he told people that we did ‘it’. Would he have done that?

 

I was literally torn between the angel side and the devil side as they both fought against each other, trying to make me believe what they say were the truth. As if that wasn’t enough, the cruelest thoughts were implanted into my head.

 

‘If not for the fact that Chan Hee is Chunji and also that I live with him, would I still be gang by those guys that day?’ as soon as this thought popped up, the devil side won over the angel side.

 

I couldn’t think anything more about him, as the haunting images from the day started flashing in front of me. I still couldn’t get over it and the more it played, the more I felt like it was happening to me now. The words those guys uttered when they did things to me was still ringing in my ear.

 

And those words made me hate Chunji more. I hated myself for being alone in this room but at the same time, I didn’t have enough energy to get Hyun Su. So I tossed and turned in bed, trying to escape from the disturbing thoughts.

 

 I kept crying all the while and even when tears stopped flowing, I still couldn’t stop myself from crying as I felt like I was in hell and was bound not to live anymore. I wanted to do something to myself but I couldn’t as I had Hyun Su to look after.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter