Sweet Lullaby

Ukulele vs The Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After listen to the story of Yonghwa's past life, Shinhye's feeling over him start to grow. It begin with a sympathy. She could imagine how hard it is to survive in those kind of circumstance. She experienced hard times when she was child, but nobody's dissappear back then. Instead, it was she and her mom who dissappear from her family. As someone who left, she felt so much in pain thinking what kind of misery she gave to her family. Even though it was her mom who initiate to run away, but Shinhye, whom never even once tried to search for them after she grow up and earn money, feels not any different with the mom. She should've at least give effort to check on their whereabout.

"See? Told you my story will burden you." Yonghwa grinned weirdly. 

Minhyuk get up to take a box of tissue and put it in the middle of the table when he back. The girls cant help to shed tears upon Yonghwa's sad story. Including Junhee, she felt so miserable reminisence what happened that time. 

Shinhye wipe the tears on her cheek with a weak smile. "Even though I feel so sorry to hear that, it's relieved that you and your family can get through it together. You should be happier from now onward." She told him sincerely.

"Ofcourse." Yonghwa smile. "I will."

**

After an hour exchange random talks, they decided to dismiss since the rain already end. Yonghwa offer to take Shinhye and Jieun home in his shabby car. Both girls welcome his offer with pleasure, because it's already night and they pitying on him, they don't want to make him feel dissappoint by refuse his kindness.

There's only three in the car. Shinhye sit next to Yonghwa, while Jieun sit alone at the back sit. Junhee not follow them because she choose to stay with Minhyuk oppa for a private coffee making class.

Yonghwa is really cute and easy going. He keep talking and telling jokes to them. He even imitate some public figure and fictional character from drama and movie. And surprisingly yet coincidentally, they interest in music are similiar. Apparently they listen to same musicians, either from Korea and also international. For Shinhye, it feels like she find the male version of her.

"Talk about romantic movie, Shinhye-sshi, have you seen One Day?" He asked.

"What is it? From Hollywood?" Shinhye ask him back.

"Eung." Yonghwa nod. "It's such a heartbreaking movie with wonderful story. Adapted by a novel with the same title. You have to try watch it. Believe me, you won't regret. And let me give you spoiler," Yonghwa look at Shinhye, use the red traffic light as chance to admiring her face, "I cried at the end of the movie."

Shinhye choke due to the urge to laugh. "Really?"

"Ne." He replied with mischievous expression. "I will just open up about my crybaby syndrom. You already knew it anyway. What's the point of pretending that I'm strong when I'm not?"

Shinhye laughed heartyly at his straightforwardness. 

"Should I give you more spoiler about the movie?" Yonghwa saw Shinhye nod with giddy smile still staying on her lips. "Okay, it's about a couple of best friends, the girl played by Anne Hathaway and the guy by Jim Sturgess..."

"Jim Sturgess?" Shinhye immediately cut his story-telling upon the actor's name being mentioned.

"What?" Yonghwa look at her from the corner of his eyes because he have to drive again. "Don't tell me that he is your celebrity crush?"

Shinhye leaned closer to him. "What if I say 'yes'?"

Yonghwa sighed hopelessly. "Your standard is too high."

Shinhye laughed again. "What's wrong with that? I love him. He is so awesome. He can act, he can sing, he can write song, he's also produce his own song. Is there even a guy who as perfect as him in this world?!"

Yonghwa pursed his lips playfully. "Are you seriously like him? If you are a fan, you must be know his new project." He smile teasing her. "But you dont know he act in One Day? That's weird."

Shinhye pretend to glared angryly at him. "I like him more as musician, not actor. I first saw him in Beatles tribute movie, Accross The Universe, and I fell in love to him. His voice is the biggest factor that made me like him. And his aura remind me to my ultimate favorite singer-song writer." She smiled thinking about her number one crush.

Yonghwa feels more curious and alert. If this another crush is a maximum quality musician, it will be confirmed that Shinhye have high standard about guy. "Who is he?" trying hard to act like he's not that curious.

"Lee Jonghyun."

Lee... who?

"You know him, right? He's getting more popular these days. I knew him since his indie day. Every saturday night I always watch Jonghyun acoustic performance at Hongdae."

Am I hear it right? 

"Lee Jonghyun's sweet voice and guitar skill are perfectly blend in harmony like a lullaby. It will be more perfect if rain accompany him as back sound."

Lee Jonghyun, she said?

Shinhye look at Yonghwa. "What do you think? Rain and Jonghyun, isnt it perfect?"

Yonghwa show her a fake smile. He only nod as answer. His mood suddenly change. Why it should be him? Among all the famous and talented singer-songwriter in this world, why she should like him?

Yonghwa raise his right eyebrow. Try to remember how he told his story earlier. He thought he mention Jonghyun's name, did she not notice it? But he's sure clearly named the guy who ruin his sister's future, he told everything uncencored. Why she couldnt realize it? At least, didnt she wondering the similiarity of the names? It's not like there's zillion Lee Jonghyun in this world. Was there not even question in her mind about this coincidental similiarity?

"Jogie, Yonghwa-sshi you can turn right over there. Although it's a small road, it's route faster and easier to memorize than the main road. You know, something like a shortcut." Shinhye said. Didnt realize the change mood on Yonghwa's face.

"Ah ne. Arasseo." Yonghwa replied. He look at rearview mirror inside the car to make sure there's no vehicle behind him. There he realize tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter