Don't Get Drunk And Please Remember Me

Ukulele vs The Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shinhye's phone rang for the third time in 5 minutes. It's from the same person, Jung Yonghwa. But she doesn't want to pick it up. 

"Who? Why aren't you pick it up?" Her high school friend, Joa asked.

Shinhye shook her head. "Not feel like talking with others." She lean forward. "How could I shift my attention to people far away when I have my best friends over here." She spread her hands as if going to hug the girls around her.

"Aigo~ you and your sweet talk. You haven't change at all." Nara said.

"Because I miss my girls so much. You know, it's getting harder to meet up like this with all of you." She pouted.

"She's right. We need at least to make a prior engagement a week before the day, or else there will be one person who can't coming up." Ayoung glance at Joa who ship her coffee leisurely.

"Me?" She notice it.

"Ne~ you, Goo Joa-sshi." Shinhye snapped jokingly.

Joa wipe in an elegance way.

"Ugh! I can't stand her!!" Shinhye and Nara grimaced in chorus. 

Ayoung massage her nape with both hands. "Ya! Don't acting snob! So annoying!"

"What should I do? I'm a succesful writer of a big and popular broadcast station. I'm so busy. Eottohkae?" Joa put an arrogance face as she bragged.

"Harr! I really want to pinch that mouth so bad!" Shinhye pointed a fork to Joa direction.

Joa laughed at her besties exaggeration. They all have similiar tendency to exaggerate things when they joke around.

"Tell me honestly, Joa-ya, is that good working at a broadcast company? I mean, put aside the advantage of being able to meet lots of stars, but with that busy schedule almost everytime we text you, are you not sick of it?" Nara ask.

"You break up because you don't have time with your boyfriend anymore, do you?" Ayoung add.

Joa sigh. "Ne~ it was hard, but I didn't even have time to be sad because loaded with a huge list-to-do for editing."

"In our age, breaking up is like one ticket to giving up marriage." Ayoung said.

Nara hold Shinhye's hand. "And we still not have a boyfriend." 

Shinhye nod in a desperate way. "When will we have a boyfriend? When will we get married? I meet a lot of parents at school, and so envy at them."

"Hey, what about the guy who kept called you earlier?" Joa ask. "Looks like he calling again!"

"Hm?" Shinhye turn her phone upside down, trying hard to make her expression as flat as possible.

"Oho~~ what is that? What is that?" Ayoung pointed at the phone. "She try to hide something. Did you see that?"

"That guy obviously have something going on with our dramaqueen." Joa put her fingers on her chin as in detective observing the case.

"Are you going to let me be the only one who don't have a boyfriend?" Nara pouted.

Shinhye shook her head to defend herself. "Aniya. Aniya. You got it wrong. He's not my boyfriend. Just someone I know. That's right. We barely know each other for a short time. How can we date? Omo. That's too fast. Seriously, we're just friend. Jinjja ya. Jinjja." 

The other girls laugh giddyly at her reaction. Being best friends since their sophomore yeae in high school, they know too well how Shinhye tend to react whenever she's caught in a weird situation.

Joa lean forward. "How far?" she wishper.

Shinhye frowned. "What?" 

Joa smirk. "Ahh.. you don't get what I mean..." She smack the queen on her arm. "You know it, dramaqueen! Stop acting like a little girl who never been in love. You clearly understand what we were talking about."

Looking at Nara and Ayoung who giggle in front of her, Shinhye laugh along with them. But not a sincere one. Only a laughing sound, with dry smile and annoyed gaze which she trying not to show.

"Park Shinhye." Joa leaned even closer. 

"Aish Goo Joa!! Stop moving. Are you trying to kiss me?" Shinhye close her eyes irritated.

Joa put her hand around Shinhye's neck, shooting her with a wicked gaze. "Wanna try?"

"Go smooch her until she tells the truth!" Nara cheering loudly. 

"Who told you you can keep secret from us!" Ayoung elbowed Nara. "You go and smooch her too. She needs extra threaten to open up !!"

Nara get up and squish next to Shinhye, link arms with her, and purse in attempt to kiss the queen. Joa on the other side still keep her face as close as possible to Shinhye.

"There you go, my girls!!" Ayoung clap her hands excitedly.

Shinhye screamed irritated. Itchy with how the girls look at them. "Aish! Arasseo arasseo. I'll tell you!" 

"Yay!"

"Atsa!"

"Come on! Come on!"

Shinhye sulked. "Wait, I'm going to sigh dramatically first." She release a very long sigh with a spitefull expression. 

"Hurry hurry!" 

"I said okay." She clear before start story telling. "So... that guy... is someone I met at Summer Camp, and he said..." she looks at her friends' faces before says, "he's my fan and been looking for me since my debut song."

"Whoa!" Nara and Ayoung jump in their sit.

"Jinjja? He confessed straight forward on the first met? How he recognized you? You never showed your face when you became Miss Ssinz. Did he could tell you right away by you voice or you tell him?" Joa's eyes are burning in curiousity.

"Stay calm! Aigo~" Shinhye stare at her phone which no longer vibrating. "We happened to hang out together because of her dongsaeng who was my disciple at the camp. And turn out that he's quite fun to talk to. We have same interest in music, and there's kind of talk about playing ukulele together, you know, since I'm more into it lately, and coincidentally him too, but... urm, something happened and we weren't able to have a jam... yet. So... maybe... he call me for that. Yeah. I guess."

"Ah I see." Ayoung nodded. "Then? How far did your relationship going on?"

"Oh?" Shinhye flusterred. She remember the kiss last night. That moment flashes very clear in her mind. From the mood, the shock, the hug, the chill night, the skinship,.... to the lips. She unconciously touch her lips as if he just kiss her again.

"Mwoyaaaa!!!" The girls yelled hysterically.

"Is that a kiss?" Ayoung shriek.

"Am I right? You kissed him?!" Nara clap her hands being to exaggerate.

"Oh my god! This girl!" Joa hit her arm. "How come you dating secretly behind our back? You so cunning! I don't want to hear any excuse." She pick up Shinhye's phone and give it to her. "Call him. We want to meet that wicked guy."

"Mwoooo??" Shinhye almost lost her voice from yelling to loud.

"Correction: we NEED to meet him." Ayoung add.

"Whyyyyyy??" Shinhye start to panic.

"Why do you ask? Ofcourse we should meet him to make sure that he's a good guy. A kiss is not a simple thing for you." Nara said.

Joa put her hand on Shinhye's shoulder. "We know you so well. That's why, we HAVE to back you up in every single situation."

Shinhye mumble, "But I don't need back up in this matter...."

Joa immediately pinned her finger to Shinhye's lips to shut her up. "Just call him."

Shinhye pouted, she's upset because those girls barge in recklessly when she doesn't even sure how her feeling over the kiss. But on the other hand, she wants to meet him. Something doesn't feel right. She knew it was a drunken mistake, he unconciously alive, nonetheless she have the urge to scold him and asking for responsibilty, even though it was part of alcohol's side effect. 

"Ya! Stop daydreaming. Hurry up, call him." Ayoung flick her finger in front of Shinhye's face.

"A-ah. Oh. Jankaman." Shinhye felt her finger shake when she dial his number. Her stomach suddenly itchy, and heart beat racing fast. She put her phone down and so her head on the table. "I can't. I'm too shy!"

Nara who were drink her coffee choked. Joa almost spit because of laughing.

"Mworago?" Ayoung shrieked.

"I'm not ready. It's too hard. Give me a break. We just kissed last night. I can't see him now. I'm nervous."

"Aigo~ this pathetic girl." Nara chuckle. 

***

She doesn't know, even if they meet, it won't be a big deal since he doesn't remember at all. Sigh.

***

Yonghwa sat alone on the bench, watch a street musician perform in front of him. He tried to call Shinhye to asking for her condition because he only remember that she followed him from the police office. He wants to make sure she went home safe last night. He asked Baro about her, but Baro refused to asnwer.

"Go ask her by yourself. Hyung is a grown up man anyway," that's what he said.

Yonghwa scracth his nape. "What does that mean? Suddenly talk about being a grown up man." He raise the beer can to drink it, but stop before it reach his mouth. "Did something happened last night? Haah~ I should've not drink too much."

"Yonghwa!"

He turn around when someone hit his back.

"Oh? Ki Darim!"

"What are you doing drink alone in a daylight?" Darim sit next to Yonghwa and take 1 can from the plastic bag full of beer. 

Yonghwa glared. "It's not a giveaway."

Darim stare at Yonghwa with a puppy eyes while his hand slowly put the beer back to it place. 

Yonghwa chuckle. He hit Darim's back and told him that he was just joking. Darim smirked and claim that his puppy stare was a joke too.

"So how're you doing? Is everything good? I heard the news this morning. It looks like a bad accident." Darim ask.

Yonghwa look away with a frown on his face. "Have no idea. Everything happened too fast that I can't remembered the detail. It was very chaotic and confusing."

Darim patted Yong's back. "Stay strong, man. I believe you aren't the bad guy."

Yonghwa smile. "Thanks. Let's stop talk about it. I want to keep my mind fresh and cool." He said. "What about you? I heard you released a new song?"

"An EP this time. Only got two new songs, and rearreange few old songs." Darim take out a CD from his bag. "Here, a GIVEAWAY." He grinned as he emphasize the word 'giveaway'. "Still going with the same style tho. But you should try give it a shot. A lot of listeners fall for my new songs."

"Really?" Yonghwa look carefully at the album cover. "Wah, as expected! You always come with a cool artwork."

Darim smile proudly. "May it help you cooling down.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter