Unwrapping Memories

Ukulele vs The Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“This is my first time see a mature guy crying. Hihi.” Jieun bit her tongue, regreted her comment.

“Oppa’s soft heart has ruined his strong appearance. Jinja Jung Yonghwa~ aigo!” Junhee shook her head in a grandma manner, as if giving up on her oppa’s weird behaviour.

“Yonghwa hyung is a year older than me so we went to school together. He was a kingka. He’s so popular not only because of his looks, he also smart, he plays guitar very well, sports well, he’s nice to everybody, so fashionable, talented, family guy, in short, he’s the perfect guy type you want to marry.” Minhyuk said.

Yonghwa snorted. “I know.”

Minhyuk lose his mood to continue the story. He glared at the hyung. “Excuse me, Jung Yonghwa. I was in the middle of telling them about your quality here. Leave me alone. Dont try to interfere again, arajyo?!”

Yonghwa scratch his hair with his right hand while other hand waved at Minhyuk as if tell him to do whatever he wants.

“So,” Minhyuk put his position back like earlier, facing the two girls with one hand folded above the table to support his body, “because hyung so popular and I’m the clown type at school, we getting along together and made a popular combo. But sadly, even though girls also pay attention at me, they never care about me like they did to hyung. I always been, forever, their clown.” He sighed with eyes looking at the ceiling in dramatic way. Meant to look sad but end up look cute like puppy longing for his master.

The girls giggling silently. They know Minhyuk will be sad if they say that he looks so cute that way.

“And then,” Minhyuk continued, “let’s fast forward to his senior year in high school, at the very last week before he graduated, I figured out... that he has a very HUGE and FUNNY flaw. If you were there with me, you wouldn’t believe that he is really him back then.” Minhyuk throw a playful insulting stare at Yonghwa. “I always been intimidated by his perfection, but when I knew that he’s a cry baby,” he did a fast manouver when he turn his head back to the girls, “you know, suddenly I felt like I lost the pressure that I’ve been endure all this time. It made my shoulder so light.”

Yonghwa sulked. “So you happy found out that I cry easyly?”

“Yes! Geuromyo.” Minhyuk replied.

Shinhye use her both hand on top of the table to support her head. She smiled. So this is their bromance, so cute. I feel like write song about friendship. So interesting.

“Besides, there’s nothing happier than find out flaw of someone who dubbed as a perfect guy.” Minhyuk added.

Yonghwa stared at Minhyuk in disbelief. “Ah~ jinja. I never knew that you could be this mean.”

“Ani, hyung, I’m just happy that you are as human as we are.” Minhyuk defended.

Yonghwa chuckled. “Whatever.” He cant stand anymore by Minhyuk’s cuteness and honest confession. “I always like you for your sincerity anyway.”

Minhyuk nodded proudly. He likes it whenever Yonghwa choose to lose on the argument with him.

“Keundae oppa,” Junhee in before they start arguing again, “don’t you think you are in a lose?”

“Mwo? Lose in what?” Yonghwa asked before sipped his americano.

“I mean, you used to have a strong heart since you were a little. It’s so heartbreaking when you suddenly became weak after eonnie passed away.”

The atmoshpere turn gloomy after Junhee’s naive opinion. Yonghwa and Minhyuk shut their mouth tightly, staring at Junhee in surprised way. Both of them never talk about this matter so open and bluntly since the event occured. It seems Junhee was too young to understand, she was just 11 back then.

Meanwhile, Shinhye and Jieun dumbfounded and feeling uncomfortable. Under the table, their feet kicking each other as if asking what to do in this kind of situation.

A thought came to Shinhye's mind. Is this the problem Yonghwa mention before? The one that made his heart drenched, and cured by her song?

"Junhee-ya." Yonghwa closed his eyes for a moment. And when he open it again, he flicked Junhee's forehead impatiently. "How many time should I tell you not to talk about it anymore?!"

"Ack! It's hurt!" Junhee rubbed and patted her forehead. She feels like bird flying around in front of her face.

Minhyuk snorted. "You still our innocent little girl Junhee-ya."

Junhee pouted at Minhyuk with hands still patted her forehead. She glared at Yonghwa upsetly. "Why? Why cant I talk about eonnie? I like her so much. I will talk about her everytime I want to. Because I dont want to kill my longing feeling to eonnie. You cant stop me oppa."

Yonghwa sighed. And once again flicked Junhee's forehead. A bit harder this time.

"Oppaaa!!" Junhee shrieked.

"Yonghwa-sshi," Shinhye snapped at him unconciously, she didnt mean to interupt but she have no heart to stay quiet while Junhee misstreated by her own oppa, "urm... dont hurt her anymore, please." She smiled awkwardly. "I dont know what happen and I dont have right to ask, but can you stop playing with her forehead? It's really hurt when you get a flick above your eyes. It will make," she did a waving gesture in front of her face, "your eyesight blurry."

"Eonnie..." Junhee was flustered with Shinhye's beg. And so Yonghwa and Minhyuk.

"Junhee-ya," Jieun called, break the amazement above their heads, "put my drink on your forehead to cool it off. I think ice will make it less hurt." She suggested as she push her frappe to Junhee.

Junhee smiled brightly. "Gomawo Jieun-ah. Then I'm going to borrow your drink for a while."

"But dont drink it. I'm still thirsty, and it's so delicious." Jieun laughed by her own joke.

Everyone laugh at her blunt confession. Jieun bow her head shyly. Minhyuk seemed didnt realize when his hand reach out to patted Jieun's head gently. Jieun herself didnt realize it, just giggling shyly because too happy after made people laugh with her joke. But Junhee noticed it. She stare at the scene with an empty feeling. Minhyuk never done that to her.

"Eottohkajji? We will be mean if we let them go with curiousity that wont be answered by googling." Yonghwa said, try to throwing a joke.

"Hyung," Minhyuk leaned forward to get closer to Yonghwa, "what are you going to do?"He wishpered, unsure.

Yonghwa run his finger on his americano glass and stare at it. "Its been six years after that accident. I should've move on already and accept the fate. But I act like I'm the one who hurt the most. I'm so childish, so weak."

Junhee feeling guilty as she watching at her oppa who looks so much in pain. Now she understand why she cant mention the eonnie. Her oppa still unable to forgive that accident.

"Hyung dont push yourself if you're not ready." Minhyuk said.

"Thats right Yonghwa-sshi. You dont have to tell us about this. We dont mind if you dont tell us. We can pretend like we never heard anything if you want. Right, Jieun-ah?" Shinhye said.

"Ne? N-ne. Ne." Jieun stuttered. Totally lost how to react.

Yonghwa smiled as he shook his head. "No, Minhyuk was not right. It was Junhee who said the right thing. I should be stronger since I'm the oldest child in our family. I'm not supposed to kill my longing heart for her."

"Oppa... mianhae." Junhee's eyes started teary.

Yonghwa poke Junhee's hand cutely. "Why sorry? You dont have to, babo-ya." He chuckled. Then he look at Shinhye and Jieun. "I want to share it with you but afraid it will burden you instead."

Jieun look at Shinhye because she dont know what to say.

"Urm..." Shinhye look at everybody confusely, "if you are ok... to talk about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter