On His Shoes

Ukulele vs The Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[RECAP from previous chapters]

Yonghwa who always been vocal showing off that he's a certified avid fan of Shinhye finally able to met her in person. He was amused by her personality and confirmed himself that he have fallen for her. So he did an undercover conffession using 'asking for advice' as an excuse, and got her number also knew where she lived. To make it better, Baro, Shinhye's step lil bro stand himself on his side and support his love. In order to make her fall for his talent, he asked Baro to drag Shinhye to the club where he used to play with his band at night.

To Shinhye and Jieun, Shinhye's friend and disciple at summer camp she teach, Yonghwa open up about his family's past life that turn him into a crybaby and easyly emotional. Even until the day he told that story, he still cant get over his guilty feeling, he still thought he was part of reasons why his sister, Yoorin, commit suicide. Shinhye felt so bad and immersed until she didnt realize that her ultimate favorite singer named Lee Jonghyun was mentioned as Yoorin's boyfriend.

Meanwhile, Jungshin, who also Baro's friend and Jieun's oppa, frustrated all alone because of his unrequited love that end up mysterious. He wants to meet the girl he likes but everything related to that girl just dissappeared without a trace. At last, that girl turn out to be Yonghwa's late lil sis. With a little help from Baro, Jungshin will do his last round in searching for the girl. No matter what the result, whether he find her or not, that trip will be the last.

CHAPTER 10

Lee Jonghyun scrolling on his phone half asleep. He really drowsy but can't sleep because he have to get on stage in minutes later. His head will be dizzy if he insist to close his eyes and wake up again quickly. He munching a gum lazyly to help him stay awake.

Someone knocked on his dressing room's door. A girl with earpiece on one of her ear and pappers on her hands popped up. "Lee Jonghyun-sshi, please be ready and go to backstage soon. You'll perform in 15 minutes." Then she left without waiting for answer.

Jonghyun stand up lazyly. He let stylists check on his hair and clothes which actually no need to be fix anymore because it still perfect as before. 

"Hyung, could you get me a coffee? I'm still sleepy." He asked the manager.

"Jonghyun-ah, you already drank 3 cans of coffee. Don't drink anymore. Too much caffeine isnt good for your health."

"I can't show my best performance if I feel uncomfortable. Can you bear a halfhearted stage act? I'm so damn sleepy."

"Was that gum didn't work?" The older stylist ask. She was the one who gave him the gum.

"Nope. I need coffee." Jonghyun insisted.

"Oppa, if 3 cans of coffee didn't help you awake, doesn't it means that another coffee won't work as well? Stop asking for coffee. I'll give you facial spray instead. It always help me all the time, who knows if it works for you too." The youngest stylist said.

Jonghyun shrugged and let the magnae stylist spraying the facial spray to his face.

"Eottohkae? Still sleepy?" She ask.

Jonghyun staring at her eyes absentminded. 

She grimaced, bit her tongue coyly. "Not work, eh?"

Jonghyun close his eyes and lean forward to hug the magnae stylist. "Narae-ya~~~ oppa so tired. Could you let the manager hyung know that I can't work in the morning after an all night concert? It's so exhausting."

The manager and other stylists shook their head at Jonghyun's spoiled attitude. He always been like that to the magnae stylist. Ofcourse, they suspicious that something was going on between the two. Moreover with the couple in question didn't deny or confirm anything yet. They only said 'i don't know', "maybe', or 'what do you think?' whenever people ask. They kept on made the company's people confuse with their ambigous answers. Even the CEO too lazy already to ask for more. Besides, in the agreement, there's no dating ban for Jonghyun, which made the CEO regret to the bone for let it be that way. He can't fired Narae for clinging to Jonghyun too, since Narae is his niece who work for the company because of her obsession for fashion.

"Ah! I know." Narae push Jonghyun and take his phone. "There's lots of funny video on the internet. Laughing will make you awake." She drag Jonghyun to sit on the sofa. "These days I'm so stoked by this youtube channel. They are so funny and silly. Here, take a look."

Jonghyun put his head on Narae's shoulder as he watch. Even before a minute passed, his eyes suddenly awake upon his laughter. He grab the phone on Narae's hand when he found someone familiar. "What? Isnt it Jungshin??"

Narae frowned at him. "Mwoya? Oppa, this guy is your friend?"

"Wait a minute, I'm not sure yet. He does looks like him. But the Jungshin I know is not someone who can be a clown like this. He's calm and cool and solemn and..." He laugh. "Yeah, you right. This quite funny. I'm started to get my eyes open now." He patted Narae's head. "Gomawo."

Narae smile bashfully after Jonghyun land his precious hand on her head. She loves it whenever he do that.

"Omygod!" Jonghyun's laughter echoing inside the dressing room. "He is!!! Narae-ya, one of this guy for sure is oppa's friend. Lee Jungshin. I cant believe this!!! How come he can act this stupid?? Geez, the most mature kid in my circle make a ridiculous parody video is very unimaginable. I feel like crying. Narae-ya its so hilarious."

"Wah~ daebak! Its surprising that you know this guy. I really like their channel. Their video always been awesome and funny." 

Jonghyun laughing. Still cant take his eyes off of the phone screen. Jungshin's silly video that he made with his friends, including Baro, succefully make Jonghyun amaze and dumbfounded.

"If you awake now, let's get out before the crew call us again." Said the manager.

"Algeseumnida." Jonghyun smiling while he stand up and following his manager out.

"My friend is exceptionally awesome, hyung. Do you know it?" He told the manager. Sort of bragging actually.

"Yeah,yeah. Like you're not awesome too. Awesome people will be surrounded by another awesome people, you know."

Jonghyun smile even more. "Yeah, I know. Those people are awesome." He said, recalling the friends he had during the time when he study overseas. "I've got awesome girlfriend too... before she ranaway..." He mumbled to himself.

The manager glance at him. He talk in his mind, 'what? Did Jonghyun talk about Narae? She's his girlfriend? I knew it! As expected.'

No, manager-nim. You've heard it wrong.

A horn sound welcoming Shinhye, Jieun, and Junhee as they walk together after the class end. They saw white Land Rover parked not far from the gate.

"Oh? That's look like oppa's car," Jieun mumbling.

Shinhye and Junhee glance at her before looking at the car. 

"You said Jungshin wasnt in Seoul?" Shinhye ask.

Jieun didn't answer. She feels uneasy, if it's really Jungshin's car, then something bad must be happen. He never pick her up except in urgent situation. 

The car shriek it's horn again. And the window in passanger sit slid down.

"Olaaa~~" Baro grinned, waving his hand childishly. "You must be surpsrise, eh? We're here for you all. Ho ho ho."

"Cha Baro." Shinhye walking first to the car. "What happen here? Why all of a sudden?" She smile at Jungshin. "Long time no see, kid. Why you look more skinny than before?"

Jungshin shrugged his shoulder. "Noona should take care of me too, not only Jieun."

"Omo. Since when you call me noona?" Shinhye chidded jokingly. "that kinda scary, isnt it? Ouwh~" 

Jieun giggled. "Sounds like miracle."

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter